Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,140,475 members, 7,770,163 topics. Date: Tuesday, 19 March 2024 at 06:23 AM

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (1339267 Views)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (779) (Go Down)

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by handoffire: 5:41pm On Jun 08, 2019
Brown2Green:

1)
JFK is known to be an escape route for people that want to use US to abscond to Canada because it is very close to the Canadian border so the officials there are very strict with immigrants.

Kindly book a hotel in Missouri to show you have no ulterior motive.
The rest of your questions are no issue.
Be very prepared for the POE at JFK.

Waow, thanks boss; nawa oh people absconding from us to Canada is quite funny to me.

What if I just tell the CPB officer I have someone who lives in New York legally and I just want to use a few days with him before proceeding to Missouri? What do you think?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by hybeenoni: 5:56pm On Jun 08, 2019
Oya I book this space

1 Like 3 Shares

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by dwilliams707: 5:59pm On Jun 08, 2019
Oh lord I believe I will share my testimony for fall 19 here soon..baba do am for me�

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Brown2Green(m): 6:03pm On Jun 08, 2019
handoffire:

Waow, thanks boss; nawa oh people absconding from us to Canada is quite funny to me.

What if I just tell the CPB officer I have someone who lives in New York legally and I just want to use a few days with him before proceeding to Missouri? What do you think?

Straight plane back to Nigeria.
Shows you have no plans for studies.

You MUST be on your way to your state from JFK.
That Officers there will drill you enough to ensure that.

3 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Skillset11: 6:15pm On Jun 08, 2019
Brown2Green:

In this journey any school that can give good fund is a good school.
A poor school will not even get funds from the government and private organizations.

And funding is very key.
I say it again that Funding is the new IVY.
Please, can you suggest schools with good funding for me
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Kay100: 6:16pm On Jun 08, 2019
Break!!! Ehnehn make i park for here...i believe i'll share my testimony here for fall 2019 IJN...

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by ObodoNaija(f): 6:27pm On Jun 08, 2019
By the grace of God, I will share my testimony for fall 2019 soon. Space booked

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by ObodoNaija(f): 6:33pm On Jun 08, 2019
Please house, is it possible for someone to schedule an appointment before paying visa fee
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Best201195(m): 6:35pm On Jun 08, 2019
ObodoNaija:
Please house, is it possible for someone to schedule an appointment before paying visa fee

No.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Brown2Green(m): 6:37pm On Jun 08, 2019
ObodoNaija:

You need the receipt number to activate the place where you can pick a date.

And dates are filling up real fast. Be quick.

2 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Dremca(m): 6:40pm On Jun 08, 2019
Washington and Lee university offers full ride scholarship including room and board. I just pm you.
Skillset11:
I am happy to have joined nairaland in part 15.
My sister introduced me to this platform!
Spring 2020.
Undergraduate psychology!
SAT 1400 and TOEFL 108. GPA 3.67/4

Proposed University

Alabama state University
Southern Illinois University.

I am opened to any other universities for full funding.

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by hansmond93: 6:42pm On Jun 08, 2019
In Jesus mighty name, I'm going to share my transcripts here on this part 15 by fire by force...
Got admitted into louisiana state university, Msc Computer Science for fall 2019.... Funding not forthcoming. I plan to meticulously shoot for spring 2020, research shcools that may fund me either for spring 2020 or fall 2020.
My profile....
Bsc Physics 2013, gpa 3.66/5.0
Around 3.2 with Wes free evaluation.
Work experience.... Sh*tty
no job for a year after nysc, customer care agent with Etisalat for a year, teaching for about two years and this 2019, I just secured a role as software developer for a software firm, we build enterprise softwares, customize for the customers and deploy them at major banks in Nigeria and outside 9ja. Very nice role, I'm learning every day.
I'm hoping this work experience would help sweeten my profile a bit as it was nt included in my fall applications to Louisiana state university baton rouge and university of louisiana lafayette. (lafayette rejected me on the basis of nt having enough comp science background).

GRE in September 2018, prepared for less than a month as I wasn't sure i was gonna write, I was preparing nd I had no cash to pay for the exam, i stumbled on some cash nd registered for the exam with BY Mayfit three days to the day I wrote it. Some spaces opened up then.
I had 304....verbal - 149, Quant - 155
TOEFL - 96, R- 25, L - 26, S- 22, W-23
I know I can do better on the GRE but am nt sure I can rewrite with this new job, any day i get to watch movie is a testimony, na C#, MVC, web api, angular tutorials full my phone and laptop.

Please I need gurus in the house to guide me on schools to apply to, that can fund my profile, now I know that I have to mail those grad coordinators nd explicitly ask about fundings from them before I apply. I didn't do that in my previous applications.

I have read here that APSU funds a lot but their comp science has focus in Actuarial, financial nd all. I'm not sure the program would suit me at all.

Congratulations to everybody that has gotten their visa for fall 2019 and many more that will still get.

@everyBody kindly assist!!!!

Thank you so much

10 Likes 3 Shares

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by dreambound(m): 6:44pm On Jun 08, 2019
Flaame:
If you're honest about the score and GPA, you honestly deserve better schools than that
Sheesh..

1 Like 1 Share

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Gloryemo(f): 6:44pm On Jun 08, 2019
Space Booked�

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Gloryemo(f): 6:45pm On Jun 08, 2019
No. You have to pay first

ObodoNaija:
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Skillset11: 6:47pm On Jun 08, 2019
Dremca:
Washington and Lee university offers full ride scholarship including room and board. I juat pm you.
Thank you bro!
I will reply accordingly.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by dreambound(m): 6:48pm On Jun 08, 2019
Brown2Green:

In this journey any school that can give good fund is a good school.
A poor school will not even get funds from the government and private organizations.

And funding is very key.
I say it again that Funding is the new IVY.

LOL grin grin grin
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by ay10yahoocom(f): 7:04pm On Jun 08, 2019
Space booked. Oh Lord have mercy

1 Like 1 Share

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by 1stdami(m): 7:07pm On Jun 08, 2019
By God's grace bro

Olalekank:

Boss, make we share our testimony for here cool
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Brown2Green(m): 7:14pm On Jun 08, 2019
Skillset11:

Please, can you suggest schools with good funding for me

Fisk University
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by 1stdami(m): 7:16pm On Jun 08, 2019
OBMS student
That's a good result
Skillset11:

Why would I lie.
My sister @Bossoflife25 told me that these schools were suggested here on this platform for full funding.
Please I am open to more suggestions.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by dumbiri99(f): 7:20pm On Jun 08, 2019
Please my interview is in a few days, is it compulsory to have my eyeballs on the vo throughout the interview, what if i want to think for a second and i need to take my gaze off the vo very briefly, is this allowed.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Kaylhey20: 7:27pm On Jun 08, 2019
[quote author=Skillset11 post=79138889]I am happy to have joined nairaland in part 15.
My sister introduced me to this platform!
Spring 2020.
Undergraduate psychology!
SAT 1400 and TOEFL 108. GPA 3.67/4

Proposed University

Alabama state University
Southern Illinois Universit
I am opened to any other universities for
You can call them to inquire

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Samuelpluto: 7:33pm On Jun 08, 2019
handoffire:

please dont. jejely tell em u taking the next available flight to missouri

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by dreambound(m): 7:39pm On Jun 08, 2019
Space booked. My testimony shall land here on Monday. Amen.

3 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Ibruks(m): 7:44pm On Jun 08, 2019
Hi guys! My interview is less than a week and I just got to notice something on my i20. I got a full funding (full tuition plus monthly stipend) but my i20 shows 8 months (at that part of estimated average cost ) . It is stated in the funding letter that there'd be additional funding for teaching in the summer term so I think they didn't account for summer and I still think it should be 9 months and not 8 months. How can I take this with the VO??

1 Like 1 Share

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by ObodoNaija(f): 7:59pm On Jun 08, 2019
Gloryemo:
No. You have to pay first

Ok, tanx a lot
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by ObodoNaija(f): 8:00pm On Jun 08, 2019
Brown2Green:

You need the receipt number to activate the place where you can pick a date.

And dates are filling up real fast. Be quick.

Ok, tanx a lot Bro. I will need you to help me with my transcript
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by thompson1510(m): 8:10pm On Jun 08, 2019
Space booked

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by sharwama(f): 8:10pm On Jun 08, 2019
dumbiri99:
Please my interview is in a few days, is it compulsory to have my eyeballs on the vo throughout the interview, what if i want to think for a second and i need to take my gaze off the vo very briefly, is this allowed.
I feel like laughing, hold on please grin grin grin
No dear, there are other strategies to buy time to think. Like saying " sorry?", "I beg your pardon", "can you please repeat that?", "I'm sorry I didn't get you correctly". Do you know you can smile and say uhm...(that's how to buy time grin but don't over do it!)
Furthermore, this is where your transcript comes in. You ought to have anticipated over 25 questions a VO would ask. Yes there might be one that will take you by surprise but I'm sure with devoted preparation, you'd be able to give a sensible impromptu response.
So please have it in mind that you are going to donate your eye balls to the VO and you won't take them off until the interview is over or you want to bring a document from your file grin
Please let me know if you require additional information. We are family grin grin grin

17 Likes 3 Shares

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by dreambound(m): 8:23pm On Jun 08, 2019
sharwama:

I feel like laughing, hold on please grin grin grin
No dear, there are other strategies to buy time to think. Like saying " sorry?", "I beg your pardon", "can you please repeat that?", "I'm sorry I didn't get you correctly". Do you know you can smile and say uhm...(that's how to buy time grin but don't over do it!)
Furthermore, this is where your transcript comes in. You ought to have anticipated over 25 questions a VO would ask. Yes there might be one that will take you by surprise but I'm sure with devoted preparation, you'd be able to give a sensible impromptu response.
So please have it in mind that you are going to donate your eye balls to the VO and you won't take them off until the interview is over or you want to bring a document from your file grin
Please let me know if you require additional information. We are family grin grin grin
Sister Sharwarma, have you done your interview yet?

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Brown2Green(m): 8:23pm On Jun 08, 2019
ObodoNaija:

Ok, tanx a lot Bro. I will need you to help me with my transcript

Ok My Royal Majesty

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (779)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? / Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.