Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,728 members, 7,805,989 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 09:46 AM

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 - Travel (132) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (1354781 Views)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (129) (130) (131) (132) (133) (134) (135) ... (779) (Go Down)

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Nobody: 7:28pm On Jul 08, 2019
Wow.. Am excited, I'll like to dm you.. You just boosted my morale... Pls check your inbox

ayodejiheph:
Hello Justabama, I was interviewed on the same day as yours, I was also placed on AP too. I got my Visa issued on the 6th. I would humbly advise you send them a mail with your details Passport number and date of interview.

Thereafter you check your status.

Goodnews coming ur way. smiley

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by dumbiri99(f): 7:33pm On Jul 08, 2019
DonGusfring:

Date: 8 July 2019

PhD Full funding, No deficit

VO was a black guy at window 9.

I was confident and I was one of the first few people in the consulate for 6:30am appointment, he denied the 4 people in front of me and one mind is saying change queue, another is saying don't worry �

Me: Good Morning
VO: Good mornind. Pass me your passport and I20 which I did
VO: I see that you're going to the University of Toledo, why did you chose the university of Toledo?

Me: Cos the department of Chemical Engineering at university of Toledo focuses on sustainability issues relating to the production materials and chemicals from renewable resources, also the research of Prof Bleep on Membrane process Optimization for carbon capture perfectly aligns with my research interest, and I was also awarded Graduate teaching assistantship that fully covers my tuition and living expenses.

VO: how many school did you and apply to and how many admitted you?

Me: I applied to 8 schools (VO cuts in)

VO: How many admitted you?
Me: 4 schools, MTU, university of Missouri, university of Toledo and University of Florida

VO: Have you traveled outside Nigeria before?

Me: Yes, I went on a week vacation to Dubai last year

VO: Sorry you're not qualified at this time ��‍♂

Like dream. Kindly advice on what next to do guys, I have full funding that covers tuition and living expenses, no deficit but excess of 9k more than the estimated average in fact.
Very very unfair. What does he mean by you are not qualified. How are the people they have been giving more qualified than you. He should have just said a visa is a privilege so I will not be approving your visa today.
But what's on your ds160? When did you graduate, what kind of work do you do, what is your salary range and do you have any family in the US?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Googledrive12: 8:03pm On Jul 08, 2019
I have been away for sometime now , congratulation to all those who got approved. And thanks to walspring for helping with my SEVIS FEE please you can holla @wallspring if you want to pay your sevis fee. God bless us all. Amen �� my success story is on the way.

2 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by LagosismyHome(f): 8:16pm On Jul 08, 2019
dumbiri99:

Why change location. I thought they said changing location doesn't help

Who is the they ??

2 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by ayodejiheph: 8:21pm On Jul 08, 2019
Justabama:
Wow.. Am excited, I'll like to dm you.. You just boosted my morale... Pls check your inbox

hello Justabama, I just respond
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by dumbiri99(f): 8:38pm On Jul 08, 2019
LagosismyHome:

Who is the they ??
Everyone
VOs usually ask why did you change location, or why didn't you go to the consulate closer to where you stay.
What will he now say if asked such
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by juliouze: 8:44pm On Jul 08, 2019
My transcript
This morning, the old man by the first window by your left as you're entering. ....
Me:good morning
Vo: didn't answer
Me: I just bone, let it not look like I disrespected an old man probably he's got what's bothering him too sha. ���
Vo: pass me your documents (without even looking at me
Me: I was sha looking at him and passed it
Vo: when did you finish high school? ( He had to repeat that like 3 different times cos his voice was really fainted )
Me: I was just thinking like ( ha! Gbese re oo, wetin concern high school concern msc na) I sha told him
Vo: when did you finish college? ( still fainting voice oooo)
Me: I sha kept saying " paddin, sir" till I was sure that was his question cos i don't understand the man sef,so I told him
Vo: started typing ooo
Me: I was sha looking around for the available paper color on his desk to see the closest to him as he has been dishing out pink since I noticed him ���
Vo: what do you do?
Me: I'm a junior data analyst with UBA, I use statistical softwares like tableau, spss, powerbi to visualize data .....

Vo: ( I was already flowing thinking I finally got his attention ) cuts in and asked " Did you write any standardized test? "
Me: yes I took TOEFL (I think I heard that a bit clearer than others )
Vo: who Is sponsoring you?
Me: my uncle and my mother ( of which I had my legit statement oo)
Vo eventually looks up Las las only to dish me a yellow or orange paper (sorry I don't know colours ���) it wasn't the usual pink so I thought maybe it's the new paper for specials like myself lol ( but it dawned on me white is what one family man smiled out with on the other window ���).... In one word sha the old man scatter my face with the paper cos i didn't hear what he said alongside giving me the paper..... I sha know if it was a good outcome, the "congratulations " would be audible enough....
Tor na so dem reject me ooo but we try again sha ooo, by God's grace y'all will rejoice with me this time around.
Big appreciation to the people I reached out to and they sent their numbers to vet my transcript and even gave me mock examination even as I wasn't really chanced, some of them kept on buzzing me to make one or two changes... I wish i know your handles here so I'll post em but gmail kept on bringing their real names instead,i am grateful guys, really grateful and "sharwama" no Reply my mail cos i love being examined by a lady ���(I understand you're busy and got too many people on your neck though, that's the price you pay for being that famous ).
I'm going to try again but this time with funding, I hope you guys still come through for me ps Lucky my guy, thanks Fam.... We go catch for UI God's willing. ���

17 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by folyfrey: 8:55pm On Jul 08, 2019
Petersburg94:
Yes Westcliff University. Did you take any test like dem GMAT? Because during my application it wasn't required

How was your interview today? Kindly share your transcript
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by dumbiri99(f): 8:56pm On Jul 08, 2019
LagosismyHome:

Who is the they ??
please ma
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by lexychuks(m): 9:19pm On Jul 08, 2019
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Tohajan: 9:26pm On Jul 08, 2019
juliouze:
My transcript
This morning, the old man by the first window by your left as you're entering. ....
Me: I just bone, let it not look like I disrespected an old man probably he's got what's bothering him too sha. ���
Vo: when did you finish high school? ( He had to repeat that like 3 different times cos his voice was really fainted )
Me: I was just thinking like ( ha! Gbese re oo, wetin concern high school concern msc na) I sha told him
Me: I sha kept saying " paddin, sir" till I was sure that was his question cos i don't understand the man sef,so I told him
Me: I was sha looking around for the available paper color on his desk to see the closest to him as he has been dishing out pink since I noticed him ���
Me: I'm a junior data analyst with UBA, I use statistical softwares like tableau, spss, powerbi to visualize data .....

Vo: ( I was already flowing thinking I finally got his attention ) cuts in and asked " Did you write any standardized test? "
Vo eventually looks up Las las only to dish me a yellow or orange paper (sorry I don't know colours ���) it wasn't the usual pink so I thought maybe it's the new paper for specials like myself lol ( but it dawned on me white is what one family man smiled out with on the other window ���).... In one word sha the old man scatter my face with the paper cos i didn't hear what he said alongside giving me the paper..... I sha know if it was a good outcome, the "congratulations " would be audible enough....
Tor na so dem reject me ooo but we try again sha ooo, by God's grace y'all will rejoice with me this time around.
Big appreciation to the people I reached out to and they sent their numbers to vet my transcript and even gave me mock examination even as I wasn't really chanced, some of them kept on buzzing me to make one or two changes... I wish i know your handles here so I'll post em but gmail kept on bringing their real names instead,i am grateful guys, really grateful and "sharwama" no Reply my mail cos i love being examined by a lady ���(I understand you're busy and got too many people on your neck though, that's the price you pay for being that famous ).
I'm going to try again but this time with funding, I hope you guys still come through for me ps Lucky my guy, thanks Fam.... We go catch for UI God's willing. ���

I like your spirit. You'll get it in your next attempt, by the special Grace of God

3 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by TIGER1001: 9:49pm On Jul 08, 2019
I am a fall 2020 hopeful for a masters in business analytics, is it advisable i write gre or gmat?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by 360gospelvibes: 9:50pm On Jul 08, 2019
No its not compulsory, I would advice you get there about 30 minutes to your scheduled interview

lexychuks:
Good evening. My interview is scheduled for 9am, is it true that all applicants must be at the Walter Carrington by 6:30am irrespective of their scheduled appointment?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by 360gospelvibes: 9:51pm On Jul 08, 2019
It's hyper advisable

TIGER1001:
I am a fall 2020 hopeful for a masters in business analytics, is it advisable i write gre or gmat?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Pefuele(m): 9:54pm On Jul 08, 2019
juliouze:
My transcript

In my interview I once told the VO that I will be co-sponsored by my Dad and my uncle and her body language to my response was negative.She made a humm sound and shook her head with dis-approval.She then ask what my sponsor do.
I didn't know what she meant with negative approval initially until I took time to reflect she probably meant the family may be struggling financially if just one person can't accept the financial burden.My views though! She may think otherwise.VO's decisions are subjective.

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by juliouze: 10:08pm On Jul 08, 2019
Tohajan:

I like your spirit. You'll get it in your next attempt, by the special Grace of God
Thank you brother. I'm grateful for that morale
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by juliouze: 10:09pm On Jul 08, 2019
Pefuele:

In my interview I once told the VO that I will be co-sponsored by my Dad and my uncle and her body language to my response was negative.She made a humm sound and shook her head with dis-approval.She then ask what my sponsor do.
I didn't know what she meant with negative approval initially until I took time to reflect she probably meant the family may be struggling financially if just one person can't accept the financial burden.My views though! She may think otherwise.VO's decisions are subjective.
I Stan! You're right bro, I never saw it from that perspective.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Nobody: 11:34pm On Jul 08, 2019
Familia
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Quoran: 6:06am On Jul 09, 2019
Sorry about this. As others have suggested, try Abuja this time. I'm just curious. Why didn't you pick you University of Florida ?
DonGusfring:

VO was a
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by folyfrey: 6:48am On Jul 09, 2019
Milnes:
please is it westcliff uni, irvine California?
Reply asap, i have my interview tomorrow.

How was your interview yesterday? Please post your transcript
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Sherlock5577: 7:37am On Jul 09, 2019
juliouze:
My transcript

It's well. You should try again, but confirm that everything's in order, especially your DS 160. It seems they are more convinced when the sponsor is a direct blood relation (I may be wrong though).
I wish you the best on your next try.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Time2win(m): 7:40am On Jul 09, 2019
Quoran:
Sorry about this. As others have suggested, try Abuja this time. I'm just curious. Why didn't you pick you University of Florida ?

He said no funding from University of Florida, was admitted for MSc.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Sherlock5577: 7:41am On Jul 09, 2019
DonGusfring:

VO was a black guy at window 9.

I was confident and I was one of the first few people in the consulate for 6:30am appointment, he denied the 4 people in front of me and one mind is saying change queue, another is saying don't worry �

Me: Good Morning
VO: Good mornind. Pass me your passport and I20 which I did
VO: I see that you're going to the University of Toledo, why did you chose the university of Toledo?

Me: Cos the department of Chemical Engineering at university of Toledo focuses on sustainability issues relating to the production materials and chemicals from renewable resources, also the research of Prof Bleep on Membrane process Optimization for carbon capture perfectly aligns with my research interest, and I was also awarded Graduate teaching assistantship that fully covers my tuition and living expenses.

VO: how many school did you and apply to and how many admitted you?

Me: I applied to 8 schools (VO cuts in)

VO: How many admitted you?
Me: 4 schools, MTU, university of Missouri, university of Toledo and University of Florida

VO: Have you traveled outside Nigeria before?

Me: Yes, I went on a week vacation to Dubai last year

VO: Sorry you're not qualified at this time ��‍♂

Like dream. Kindly advice on what next to do guys, I have full funding that covers tuition and living expenses, no deficit but excess of 9k more than the estimated average in fact.
Sorry about this. Your transcript looks good. Personally, I can't tell why you weren't approve, since I'm neither a VO nor present at your interview or in the know of the details filled within your DS-160.
I think you should go over your DS 160 to check for errors.
I hope it turns out great this time.

Cheers!
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by juliouze: 8:17am On Jul 09, 2019
Sherlock5577:

It's well. You should try again, but confirm that everything's in order, especially your DS 160. It seems they are more convinced when the sponsor is a direct blood relation (I may be wrong though).
I wish you the best on your next try.
Thanks abunch brother, I'll do just as you've suggested.

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by damzy88: 8:20am On Jul 09, 2019
juliouze:
My transcript

Sorry. Sent you a pm.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Perra: 9:08am On Jul 09, 2019
Please o, ...Has anyone ever been granted Student Visa with their spouse and kid? ... My son is just a few no the old and I got admitted into an Accelerated Nursing Degree program. (For people that already have a degree in another field) .

Now this program is very demanding you will be in school from 8am to sometimes 7pm, ...its not something of day care for a 12months old. So I decided that my husband would accompany me for the duration ( less than two years).

Pls what are the chances of our visa being approved? Any advice? ... My son is too young to leave behind with the papa.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Time2win(m): 9:22am On Jul 09, 2019
Perra:
Please o, ...Has anyone ever been granted Student Visa with their spouse and kid? ... My son is just a few no the old and I got admitted into an Accelerated Nursing Degree program. (For people that already have a degree in another field) .

Now this program is very demanding you will be in school from 8am to sometimes 7pm, ...its not something of day care for a 12months old. So I decided that my husband would accompany me for the duration ( less than two years).

Pls what are the chances of our visa being approved? Any advice? ... My son is too young to leave behind with the papa.

Many have, you should give it a try. you can search this thread and previous thread for transcript of those that were approved with their spouse and kids, you will learn from their experience.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by fairheart(m): 9:42am On Jul 09, 2019
No. He cannot get expedient appointment. It is not for students who have been recently refused.
Scholastica16:

Reapply and (if still available for a second-time applicant) opt for expedited visa appointment. Your funding letter, resumption date on a document and if possible a letter from your school or intended supervisor explaining that you are legit should facilitate your request approved forthwith.

I don't know why people don't belabour it, but being full funded is the first reason you should want a school over others except the rest of them awarded you some funding. You should always endeavour to put your best foot forward before garnishing your response with the nature of the research and the supervisor.

I am convinced your request for an emergency date will be granted and you could even get approved with dates ranging from tomorrow to Friday. Don't be dismayed. The VO was just crazy(for lack of a better word).
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Time2win(m): 10:08am On Jul 09, 2019
fairheart:
No. He cannot get expedient appointment. It is not for students who have been recently refused.

Someone got after been refused within a week. another was refused. so you can't say one cannot emergency appointment after a refusal. I don't know what they check but definitely not the 6 months rule. The fellow can give it a try, if he isn't granted... he should opt to reschedule to a better date when closer dates open up.

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by tboy47(m): 10:08am On Jul 09, 2019
F1 visa approved dis morning
Lagos consulate
Was interviewed by dat blak man i guess window 3
Deficit = 5k
Got GTA of about 12k
Before i stat, na God do am for me oo. Nor b small fasting and prayers

Vo- pass me ur passport and i-20
I did
Vo- why did u choose dis sku
Me i was awarded a GA and more importantly, ( i started shaking and was confused) d research been conducted by professor cloiut on geophysics( nigga, what ar u saying, i started saying tins frm my head) it aligns wit my career ( vo was nodding his head) and also d program structure at TAMUC stands out for exmaple i will b learning experimental research on micro computer hardware, X-ray spectroscopy (vo keeps noddin) vo then started typing for like a minute..
Vo- who sponsoring you
Me- my elder bro here in nigeria
Vo- what does e do?
Me- e works at bleep
Vo- i can see you have assistanship
Me- yes sir
Vo- vo typed for like 1min30seconds. ( my heart was beating verry fast and i was also praying) Have you traveled out bfor?
Me -no
Vo started typing again and asked my undergraduate degree and school
I told him
Vo- i will b approving ur visa.
No single document asked..
I jst blank.
Pick up 3 days time wateva. D next tin i started doing michael jackson dance
I av been praying to God for favour and grace to speak for me. And behold e answered my prayers .
Tanks to dis forum and ur Contributions @fairheart, @sharwama and evevy oda members, i tank u all ooo

31 Likes 1 Share

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Time2win(m): 10:15am On Jul 09, 2019
tboy47:
Lagos consulate
Deficit = 5k
Got GTA of about 12k

I did
Me i was awarded a GA and more importantly, ( i started shaking and was confused) d research been conducted by professor cloiut on geophysics( nigga, what ar u saying, i started saying tins frm my head) it aligns wit my career ( vo was nodding his head) and also d program structure at TAMUC stands out for exmaple i will b learning experimental research on micro computer hardware, X-ray spectroscopy (vo keeps noddin) vo then started typing for like a minute..
Vo- who sponsoring you
Vo- what does e do?
Me- e works at bleep
Me- yes sir
Vo- vo typed for like 1min30seconds. ( my heart was beating verry fast and i was also praying) Have you traveled out bfor?
Me -no
I told him
I jst blank.
I av been praying to God for favour and grace to speak for me. And behold e answered my prayers .
Tanks to dis forum and ur Contributions @fairheart, @sharwama and evevy oda members, i tank u all ooo

Congrats!!!

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by ace1995(m): 10:17am On Jul 09, 2019
tboy47:
Lagos consulate
Deficit = 5k
Got GTA of about 12k

I did
Vo- who sponsoring you
Vo- what does e do?
Me- e works at bleep
Me- yes sir
Me -no
I told him
I jst blank.

Congratulations man!!

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (129) (130) (131) (132) (133) (134) (135) ... (779)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? / Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 106
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.