Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,870 members, 7,802,803 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 10:01 PM

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 - Travel (139) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (1353528 Views)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (136) (137) (138) (139) (140) (141) (142) ... (779) (Go Down)

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Davidkking(m): 8:26pm On Jul 10, 2019
BeyonSee:
Hello everyone! Please I am new here, my visa previously denied in January, but I have another visa interview on the 30th of this month. I have two concerns
1. The last time I was in the US, due to circumstances beyond my control, I had to stay for 5 months which was one of the queries I got last time from the VO
2. My school is Washington Adventist University, Maryland. Anyone has an idea if this is a good school?
Will post my transcript soon.
Thanks!
It's a c+ on niche
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Time2win(m): 8:35pm On Jul 10, 2019
BeyonSee:
Hello everyone! Please I am new here, my visa previously denied in January, but I have another visa interview on the 30th of this month. I have two concerns
1. The last time I was in the US, due to circumstances beyond my control, I had to stay for 5 months which was one of the queries I got last time from the VO
2. My school is Washington Adventist University, Maryland. Anyone has an idea if this is a good school?
Will post my transcript soon.
Thanks!

1. Only you can answer this well when asked during next interview. Staying that long is frowned at by most V.O

2. WAU is a very small university with less than 1,000 enrolments, not that great a university. if you have another option, kindly switch to it unless this university offered you scholarship.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by obama14: 9:22pm On Jul 10, 2019
Approved Transcript
July 8th. 8:00a.m.
I was interviewed by the white guy at window 2
The questions are in this order.

Me Good morning
V.O: Good morning, pass me your documents.
(I passed it)
V.O: you are going to Bowling Green, Ohio.
Me: Yes.
V.O: Are you married?
Me: No.
V.O: Do you have any children?
V.O: What are you going for
Me: I am going for a m.s in Biological Sciences.
V.O: I can see you have a scholarship that covers almost all your school expenses.
V.O: Was it given by the University?
V.O: Do you have your transcript?
Me: No, I didn't know that, it would be required.(I was also shaking my head)
V.O: What about your certificate?
Me: No. I didn't bring it.
V.O: Do you have any document that can show where you graduated from?
Me: No, I only have my admission letter and standardized tests results here.
V.O: Where did you finish from?
Me: Bleep
V.O: Why this program?
Me: I want to work as a cancer research scientist at one of the foremost research institute in Nigeria. This degree will give me the much needed technical skills and expertise such as: the ability to carry out independent research, design and analyse methodologies and write research and review papers and give me the qualification to apply for a research position when I return back to Nigeria.
V.O: What did you study?
Me: Biochemistry.
V.O: What's exactly is your specialty?
Me: I will be specializing in Biochemistry and Molecular Biology at the department of Biological Sciences at bgsu.
V.O: tell me more about your specialty?
Me: I want to apply the tools of biochemistry and molecular biology to study cancer. I will be looking at cell signaling. Cell signaling is required for cell growth and proliferation. (I also said a host of things, the V.O listened throughout)... I'll also be looking at signaling cascades that allow cells to respond to their environment. I rounded up with: I'll be working with a faculty: Prof Bleep, she is currently working on how the systems of tumor promoters PKC regulates filopodia which is crucial in the understanding of how cancerous cells metastasized and how cells respond to their environment. She will be my thesis advisor.
(Around the time, I was about saying that I will be working with a faculty, he was shaking his head throughout until I finished)
V.O: I'll be approving your visa... passes the white paper.
Me: Many thanks.

40 Likes 2 Shares

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Cryptomania: 10:17pm On Jul 10, 2019
Yeah, I chose regular. But earliest available date is now 3rd of September. I have been checking it since Monday continuously, but no hope yet. Is there a way to schedule a priority visa?
BenAzie:

I think you should choose Regular since it's past 6months you were denied. Read the instruction under the Two options (Previously denied and Regular). There are July dates for Regular the last time I checked. Thank you.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by mtope: 10:27pm On Jul 10, 2019
Congratulations
obama14:
Approved Transcript
July 8th. 8:00a.m.
I was interviewed by the white guy at window 2
The questions are in this order.

Me Good morning
V.O: Good morning, pass me your documents.
(I passed it)
V.O: you are going to Bowling Green, Ohio.
V.O: Are you married?
V.O: Do you have any children?
V.O: What are you going for
Me: I am going for a m.s in Biological Sciences.
V.O: I can see you have a scholarship that covers almost all your school expenses.
V.O: Was it given by the University?
V.O: Do you have your transcript?
Me: No, I didn't know that, it would be required.(I was also shaking my head)
V.O: What about your certificate?
Me: No. I didn't bring it.
V.O: Do you have any document that can show where you graduated from?
Me: No, I only have my admission letter and standardized tests results here.
V.O: Where did you finish from?
Me: Bleep
V.O: Why this program?
Me: I want to work as a cancer research scientist at one of the foremost research institute in Nigeria. This degree will give me the much needed technical skills and expertise such as: the ability to carry out independent research, design and analyse methodologies and write research and review papers and give me the qualification to apply for a research position when I return back to Nigeria.
V.O: What did you study?
Me: Biochemistry.
V.O: What's exactly is your specialty?
Me: I will be specializing in Biochemistry and Molecular Biology at the department of Biological Sciences at bgsu.
V.O: tell me more about your specialty?
Me: I want to apply the tools of biochemistry and molecular biology to study cancer. I will be looking at cell signaling. Cell signaling is required for cell growth and proliferation. (I also said a host of things, the V.O listened throughout)... I'll also be looking at signaling cascades that allow cells to respond to their environment. I rounded up with: I'll be working with a faculty: Prof Bleep, she is currently working on how the systems of tumor promoters PKC regulates filopodia which is crucial in the understanding of how cancerous cells metastasized and how cells respond to their environment. She will be my thesis advisor.
(Around the time, I was about saying that I will be working with a faculty, he was shaking his head throughout until I finished)
V.O: I'll be approving your visa... passes the white paper.
Me: Many thanks.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Scholastica16: 10:40pm On Jul 10, 2019
Time2win:

The V.O is very crazy. It's very hard to get emergency appointment approved now if one is refused within the last 2 months. I guess he should do as you have instructed, he might be lucky to get his request approved. A friend with funding and some deficit tried but wasn't granted an emergency appointment.

That is sad @ friend. I don't even think some VOs actually listen or review the i-20 before making decisions. They seem more preoccupied with the DS160 form and usually make up their minds on a whim.

2 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by tboy47(m): 10:51pm On Jul 10, 2019
Please anybody going to texas houston. Hit me up. 08101871813
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by SEQUIN: 1:54am On Jul 11, 2019
Good day everyone, my interview is scheduled for next week and I dont have any assistanship only my dad. I have noticed from the trends that people who have fundings are likely approved. Please do I stand a chance because Im yet to see any approve transcript for someone without schorlarship.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by wickyyolo: 3:02am On Jul 11, 2019
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by AgreatMan: 5:22am On Jul 11, 2019
Davidkking:

If you can pay $170.....you can try element in time square and take like $4 Lyft to the megabus terminal

Haa Boss, $170 fit do wedding introduction o cheesy

2 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by dimejalex(m): 5:37am On Jul 11, 2019
I was denied yesterday have been down since yesterday how 5question ask can I reapply and get date before aug 19 what are the earliest date

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Time2win(m): 5:38am On Jul 11, 2019
SEQUIN:
Good day everyone, my interview is scheduled for next week and I dont have any assistanship only my dad. I have noticed from the trends that people who have fundings are likely approved. Please do I stand a chance because Im yet to see any approve transcript for someone without schorlarship.

That shouldn't bother you. Many people without any form of scholarship got their visa approved. your dad sponsoring you is a good one. Just make sure the account statement you are going with, has enough funds on it to covered the required amount.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by TheGrandChemist(m): 6:21am On Jul 11, 2019
Oyjulia:
My Approved transcript
Lagos consulate
9th of July 2019
7:45am
Going for my Masters in public health at Grand valley state university
Bsc in Biochemistry
No funding
23k deficit

I told God I would post my transcript here. I have to return all the glory to him.

I see you! grin grin grin

Congratulations again!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by marcDgreat(m): 6:22am On Jul 11, 2019
Have seminary in nigeria finished?
i don't understand why u would be going to the US for seminary.
What certification will seminary give you is it bcc or msg or a theology degree please enlighten us further
wickyyolo:
I was given admission letter to a Seminary without providing TOEFL exam.
Do you think i need to write it now ?
Will the VO ask me for it ?
Thanks in advance people!!
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by BenAzie(m): 6:29am On Jul 11, 2019
Cryptomania:
Yeah, I chose regular. But earliest available date is now 3rd of September. I have been checking it since Monday continuously, but no hope yet. Is there a way to schedule a priority visa?

Yes and that way is Emergency Request, upload necessary documents like I20, Funding letter, etc as you dim it fit to back up your explanation in the Comment section. Obilu!
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Yhukay00: 7:11am On Jul 11, 2019
Guys please can the servis fee be paid through western Union and I see they increased it to 350 usd shocked
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by wickyyolo: 7:12am On Jul 11, 2019
marcDgreat:
Have seminary in nigeria finished?
i don't understand why u would be going to the US for seminary.
What certification will seminary give you is it bcc or msg or a theology degree please enlighten us further

I work for a missionary funded NGO. So they gave me a scholarship to study abroad .
It will assist me to take up a key position in the organization.

Beside in not only going to learn how to do healing and deliverance or shout praise the lord.
There are extra curicular activities they feel i can learn in the seminary to assist me in the job.

2 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Felizz: 7:25am On Jul 11, 2019
Hello houz my visa was dined in lagos 2days again am planning to reapply so that i can still meet up date.
Am have started filling another DS160 form but am having issue with one section there asking have you ever been refused for visa before , upon clicking yes a box came out to expalin..

Pls i have been this seqement since past five hours now and i guess i follow the rule of no symbols .
Pls anybody in the house should kindly guide me on the i saw no space does it mean i will contuining typing without space pls house someone should give me the format .
Thanks
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by TheZed(m): 7:30am On Jul 11, 2019
tiptoe1:

Hello. please make sure you have a ticket to your final destination booked down already. Majority of the people who emigrated illegally to canada passed through jfk and I've heard stories on how people who had no tickets to their final destination were turned back at jfk. I don't know how true this is but just have your ticket booked down.
Yeah, I will definitely book to my final destination.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Godson1988(m): 7:38am On Jul 11, 2019
good morning all,pls I need someone to put me through as regards doing master in Canada ,counselling psychology to be precise and possible funding.thanks.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by TheZed(m): 7:39am On Jul 11, 2019
Yhukay00:
Guys please can the servis fee be paid through western Union and I see they increased it to 350 usd shocked
Yes it has been increased to 350. You can’t make the payment in any western union in Nigeria. Contact either Walspring or Texrem here to pay for you.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by iwriterng(m): 7:42am On Jul 11, 2019
Yhukay00:

Hello,

Just find somebody on this thread called Walspring to get it done for you.

It’s easier using a proxy that is in the US.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Scott200(m): 7:46am On Jul 11, 2019
Felizz:
Hello houz my visa was dined in lagos 2days again am planning to reapply so that i can still meet up date.
Am have started filling another DS160 form but am having issue with one section there asking have you ever been refused for visa before , upon clicking yes a box came out to expalin..

Pls i have been this seqement since past five hours now and i guess i follow the rule of no symbols .
Pls anybody in the house should kindly guide me on the i saw no space does it mean i will contuining typing without space pls house someone should give me the format .
Thanks
Have u picked an appointment date already??. Pls that's priority cos dates for previously refused are a bit late. I don't know if Lagos has a date, abuja currently has August 26th.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Felizz: 7:56am On Jul 11, 2019
iwriterng:

Hello,

iwriterng:

Hello,

Am yet to pick up a dates for another interview
Can i pick up a dates without DS160 and visa payment receipt?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Felizz: 7:57am On Jul 11, 2019
Scott200:

Have u picked an appointment date already??. Pls that's priority cos dates for previously refused are a bit late. I don't know if Lagos has a date, abuja currently has August 26th.
Am yet to pick up a date for another interview can i pick date without payment of interview receipt and Ds160?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Scott200(m): 8:27am On Jul 11, 2019
Felizz:

Am yet to pick up a date for another interview can i pick date without payment of interview receipt and Ds160?
Yes u can, pls do that asap with your DS160 application number and visa fee payment. Earliest date in abuja for previously refused is August 26th. I don't know about Lagos.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by iwriterng(m): 8:42am On Jul 11, 2019
Felizz:

Am yet to pick up a dates for another interview
Can i pick up a dates without DS160 and visa payment receipt?

From what I know, you need to pay visa application fee before you get to schedule an appointment.

You need the number from DS160 form to schedule your appointment as well.

I’m not sure if I have answered you, but that’s all I know about it.

PS: This might not apply to you because I don’t know the processes involved in reapplying.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Felizz: 8:47am On Jul 11, 2019
Pls someone should help me with this
My visa was denied 2days ago

Thanks
Have u picked an appointment
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by solihp(f): 8:54am On Jul 11, 2019
Felizz:
Pls someone should help me with this
My visa was denied 2days ago

Thanks
Have u picked an appointment

What's the error message that was displayed?. When you click that you have been denied before, there's a box that will pop up for you to explain the reasons for your denial, you can consider changing your browser, I use Chrome and it works fine. Better still, try to fill the form on a laptop if the problem persists.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Nobody: 9:47am On Jul 11, 2019
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by chibertha(f): 9:58am On Jul 11, 2019
Good morning all I hope we are doing well.
Please which GRE test is requested for by US institutions for masters?
Is it general or subject-specific eg chemistry, physics etc

Thank you very much for your response.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Stevenssen(m): 10:02am On Jul 11, 2019
chibertha:
Good morning all I hope we are doing well.
Please which GRE test is requested for by US institutions for masters?
Is it general or subject-specific eg chemistry, physics etc

Thank you very much for your response.
check the department website for the requirement.
But most of them require the general test

(1) (2) (3) ... (136) (137) (138) (139) (140) (141) (142) ... (779)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? / Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.