Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,022 members, 7,807,003 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 08:28 AM

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 - Travel (163) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (1355202 Views)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (160) (161) (162) (163) (164) (165) (166) ... (779) (Go Down)

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by texrem(m): 2:28pm On Jul 18, 2019
sharwama:

Awww, the fact that you are willing to give in the first place, means a whole lot to me. Thank you so much, maybe next time.

You're rejecting money. I'm watching you on HDTV undecided undecided
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by sharwama(f): 2:29pm On Jul 18, 2019
fairheart:
My Queen! Over 5 nairaland members told me you have a very nice voice. Hmmm! Anyway, I wouldnt expect less from a royal grin. I hope they will not chase your King from the table you place him? Send me the other active number in the mail.
My King, the sky is big enough for all the stars to shine, no one can take your place, no one can dim your light.
If you know, you know grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by texrem(m): 2:31pm On Jul 18, 2019
sharwama:

Why did you delete it na, it actually made me really happy, like I was smiling in the bus and guys were tripping for me.
Please write it back, thank you grin

SO you have landed someone in the hospital. You need to go for safety class/management. It means you're not keeping your environment safe. It's a big offence in the US. Tripping is FC degree offence. Housekeeping is very very important. cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by groovychik(f): 2:34pm On Jul 18, 2019
Maam it's not that serious. Live and let live

LagosismyHome:

That why females will always be looked at a sexual object... it starts from the way we carry ourselves or allow others to address us or see us ... . All this talk about likes, tripping , nice voice, my king .... There more to life and our value than all that .

8 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Porpor: 2:34pm On Jul 18, 2019
LagosismyHome:

That why females will always be looked at a sexual object... it starts from the way we carry ourselves or allow others to address us or see us ... . All this talk about likes, tripping , nice voice, my king .... There more to life and our value than all that .
Deep thoughts

5 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by texrem(m): 2:35pm On Jul 18, 2019
fairheart:
grin grin. Odeishi for RM-15 hand

I am not expecting her first shot to be RM-15. Hand gun is common. Luck for her! cheesy cheesy

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by sirjulius: 2:36pm On Jul 18, 2019
Guys please I need to pay my SEVIS FEE,
I need someone to help.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Felizz: 2:36pm On Jul 18, 2019
Hello house,
My visa was denied two weeks ago and i have reapply for another interview which is nextmonth.
I made a mistake when filling ds160 form and i have summitted it but i refill another one now which is correct and i went to change it on my appointment history which it has been mail to me.
My question is that the one i have filled which i made mistake that has been summitted hope it wont bounce back on me on the day on my interview?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by texrem(m): 2:39pm On Jul 18, 2019
sirjulius:
Guys please I need to pay my SEVIS FEE,
I need someone to help.

Shoot
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Nobody: 2:39pm On Jul 18, 2019
Cryptomania:
School resumes on the 10th if August, couldn't get an earlier date, read up on the process on how to schedule an expedite appointment.

I called the embassy to be sure of the process, went ahead to choose 4th of September hoping I will be able to get a closer date when I request for emergency visa interview. (Still following due process)

After sending a mail with my i-20, my request for emergency appointment was denied. Does that mean Trump has chopped my $350+ #59,200 visa processing fee?

Like what sort of fuckery is this angry undecided

Has anybody face this kind of issue before?

So, how far have you gone on this? have you tried getting back to them? any soution yet? I'm also trying to get an emergency appointment as I've duly met all requirements for the process. what reason did they give for the denial? must they tell someone to apply before doing so? That sevis fee cant just be wasted on this. Will a VO denial someone a Visa assuming that person went to the embassy on a day after resumption?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Bitcoinbuyer: 2:49pm On Jul 18, 2019
LagosismyHome:

I feel you momma..hmmn

5 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by dumbiri99(f): 2:52pm On Jul 18, 2019
Felizz:
Hello house,
My visa was denied two weeks ago and i have reapply for another interview which is nextmonth.
I made a mistake when filling ds160 form and i have summitted it but i refill another one now which is correct and i went to change it on my appointment history which it has been mail to me.
My question is that the one i have filled which i made mistake that has been summitted hope it wont bounce back on me on the day on my interview?

No just make sure you login to the interview appointment profile and click on update profile to insert the new ds160 number
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Abdulrahmon68(m): 2:55pm On Jul 18, 2019
LagosismyHome:

The Paramount Queen of this thread. You know I gave you this title sometimes ago and you know why you qualify for the title. As Tiwa remains the Queen of Mavins so you still remain the Paramount Queen of this thread. grin. Please don't take that post as something very serious na. No be every time we need to be serious, sometimes we need to play small na. grin. So far the post is decent enough and not detrimental, then we are all cool like that.

Cheers

9 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by sharwama(f): 2:56pm On Jul 18, 2019
LagosismyHome:

It kinda breaks my heart knowing you wrote this coz I respect you a lot, you are my mentor. I just think you have a different perspective.
You don't have to like the drama, humour or happiness I bring with me or how I roll with the guys, make people warm up to me or something. That's why I am me, I am allowed to be ME and I won't change for any reason.
If other females are considered as sexual objects or something trifling, well I am not and I have never tolerated disrespect. I know where to draw the line.
Maybe you are having a bad day, that's okay. You will be fine and you will always have my utmost respect ma'am.

15 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by horlahsunbo225(m): 2:57pm On Jul 18, 2019
LagosismyHome:

God bless u ma
Na lust not love

5 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Tohajan: 2:58pm On Jul 18, 2019
nelem:

Palm grove--oshodi--toyota

from palmgrove board oshodi bus, from oshodi board toyota-iyana isolo-cele, alight at toyota. then walk to DHL. You will even see their signboard once you get to Toyota.
cheers

Thank you

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Tohajan: 3:02pm On Jul 18, 2019
Tohajan:
APPRECIATION DIARY

Visa approved this morning
Lagos Consulate
8am
Program: MPH

First of all, Alhamdulillah (praise be to Allah) for making this a success. Honestly, my responses were nowhere near perfect. As a matter of fact, it still feels like a dream.

My mentor, Rasulullah (peace and blessings forever be upon him) taught me, "whoever does not appreciate fellow man, will never be able to appreciate God".

My appreciation goes to the following for being a part of my success story:

@Mudicua
Thanks for reviewing my proposed transcript here. Your suggestions worked in no small measure. I really appreciate. Wish you success in your career.

@Shawarma
Queen of queens. This lady and her humorous sense ehn! I hope you remember this line: I wish you all the best and I am sorry if I hurt your feelings. You were the one pursuing me upandan with your transcript grin
Well, you didn't hurt my feelings in any way. I asked for unalloyed review of my transcript, and you gave just that. I really appreciate because your comments made me return to my drawing table. Wish you success in all your endeavors.

Lastly, but not in anyway the least,
@fairheart
This King of Queen Shawarma... Hmm... I don't even know where or how to start appreciating you. Like it's usually said in my local parlance, "tí mo bá ní kí n ṣe àdúrà, epe má jabọ́".
What a down-to-earth man you are! I really appreciate your efforts and words of encouragement. May you continue to soar higher and higher in life. Thank you a trillion times.

Finally, my NL people. Thanks for everything. Your comments, answers to questions, etc have really been helpful. May we all continue to break grounds in our future endeavors!

To those with upcoming interviews, I wish you a seamless experience with positive outcome.

Will drop my transcript once I get my passport.

Cheers!

So I just collected my passport.

School: New Mexico State University
Course: Master of Public Health
Funding: Graduate Assistantship
Deficit: Less than $10k
Sponsor: Uncle
Interview date: July 15, 2019
Venue: US Consulate General, Lagos. 8am

Here goes the interview proper

Me: Good morning sir
VO: Good morning. Pass me your Passport and I20

Me: (I obliged) Here you go, sir

VO: Why are you going to the US?
Me: I am going to pursue my Masters in Public Health with special interest in Environmental Health at New Mexico State University, Las Cruces.

VO: Sorry, which school?
Me: New Mexico State University

VO: How many schools did you apply to?

Me: Three - New Mexico State University, Michigan Technological University and East Tennessee State University

VO: Why this school?
Me: Apart from the assistantship I got which covers full tuition and part of the living expenses, there is this ongoing research with my supervisor, Prof Joe Tomaka. It's on the long term health impact assessment of industrial effluents. This research will give me hands-on experience and equip me with the skills needed to analyze environmental hazards from the psychological, social and behavioral perspectives.

VO: Why this course?
Me: This course will enable me to take up a job as an Assistant Lecturer at my alma mater, University of Lagos. In the long run, I hope to join the Environmental Quality Control unit of NESREA (National Environmental Standards and Regulations Enforcement Agency) where I would be able to make an impact in the Nigerian environmental sector, as it affects public health.

VO: Did you write GRE?
Me: Yes. I scored 308

VO: Your score again?
Me: 308

VO: Who's sponsoring you?
Me: I have an assistantship which covers tuition and part of the living expenses. The rest is to be taking care of by my maternal uncle, Mr Bleep.

VO: What does he do?
Me: He works with Bleep where he heads the Bleep unit

VO: Can I see his bank statement?
Me: Sure (I passed it)

He went through it, then returned it.

VO: How many kids does he have?
Me: Two

VO: How old are they?
Me: One is 5, the other is 3.

VO: What are your duties as a GA?
Me: I will be assisting my supervisor in marking and grading assignments and tests as well as in the preparation of academic instructional materials.

VO: How many siblings do you have?
Me: (I was shocked, didn't expect this question) Two

VO: You are the eldest
Me: Yes, sir.

The next thing I saw was he dropped my passport in one box for that purpose on his table. I couldn't believe my eyes.
He then picked the "highly sought" white paper.
At this point, I was in trance. I barely heard anything he said afterwards.
He returned my I20 along with the white paper.
He said something along the line of "pick your passport in next 3 business days at DHL, ISOLO".
I'm sure I sha heard "ISOLO"

Me: Thank you, sir.
I tried hard to hide how happy I was.
Maybe he saw through that because he was smiling at me.
I packed my documents with shaky hands and left.

26 Likes 2 Shares

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Bitcoinbuyer: 3:02pm On Jul 18, 2019
sharwama:

It kinda breaks my heart knowing you wrote this coz I respect you a lot, you are my mentor. I just think you have a different perspective.
You don't have to like the drama, humour or happiness I bring with me or how I roll with the guys, make people warm up to me or something. That's why I am me, I am allowed to be ME and I won't change for any reason.
If other females are considered as sexual objects or something trifling, well I am not and I have never tolerated disrespect. I know where to draw the line.
Maybe you are having a bad day, that's okay. You will be fine and you will always have my utmost respect ma'am.

You sef don fuckup with this long unneccesary epistle,no issue here dear.

3 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Porpor: 3:04pm On Jul 18, 2019
Abdulrahmon68:

The Paramount Queen of this thread. You know I gave you this title sometimes ago and you know why you qualify for the title. As Tiwa remains the Queen of Mavins so you still remain the Paramount Queen of this thread. grin. Please don't take that post as something very serious na. No be every time we need to be serious, sometimes we need to play small na. grin. So far the post is decent enough and not detrimental, then we are all cool like that.

Cheers
I align my voice with yours.

3 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by t4thayour: 3:12pm On Jul 18, 2019
Hey people. Visa denied today at Abuja.

Generic reason for denial is lack of strong home ties. I have my study leave letter, company sponsorship letter with statements of account, 58% tuition scholarship, personal funding and my own property documents in my name, but VO never asked for my documents. Just spent 2 minutes and issued the blue letter.

Do you think it's feasible to still reapply and use the fast track method? My school resumes Aug 12th.

I have been scouting the nonimmigrant visa page for timeline before reapplying, but can't seem to find a link.
Pls share link/info with me so I don't waste another application fee if late already. Thanks

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Felizz: 3:15pm On Jul 18, 2019
dumbiri99:

No just make sure you login to the interview appointment profile and click on update profile to insert the new ds160 number
Thanks boss God bless
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by LagosismyHome(f): 3:17pm On Jul 18, 2019
t4thayour:

Generic reason for denial is lack of strong home ties. I have my study leave letter, company sponsorship letter with statements of account, 58% tuition scholarship, personal funding and my own property documents in my name, but VO never asked for my documents. Just spent 2 minutes and issued the blue letter.

Do you think it's feasible to still reapply and use the fast track method? My school resumes Aug 12th.

I have been scouting the nonimmigrant visa page for timeline before reapplying, but can't seem to find a link.
Pls share link/info with me so I don't waste another application fee if late already. Thanks

Before you reapply check that you applied to at the minimum to a standard school and then maybe post your transcript . That might help guide others to give you feedback
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Oasishavenng: 3:22pm On Jul 18, 2019
t4thayour:

I think it is best you share what transpired today before reapplying. As per the time line, the consulate recommends that you do so when there is a change in your application. It isn't cast in stone. There have been folks who went 2 weeks after rejection and got the visa. At the moment dates are not as open as it was in the past.
Sorry about the denial, it can only get better. All the best to you.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by mtope: 3:23pm On Jul 18, 2019
Still watching out for dates guys.
Solihp kindly help... I tried sending you a message.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by t4thayour: 3:32pm On Jul 18, 2019
K

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Tohajan: 3:39pm On Jul 18, 2019
Danikal:
VISA Approved!!!
Abuja Consulate, 7:30am
Transcript Loading Soon

Congrats
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by leospaceman: 4:19pm On Jul 18, 2019
My fellow applicants on AP, look at what I saw. You can't contact them to complain until after 180 days. That is crazy if you ask me.

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by OgogoroDegree: 4:38pm On Jul 18, 2019
leospaceman:
My fellow applicants on AP, look at what I saw. You can't contact them to complain until after 180 days. That is crazy if you ask me.

grin
ewooooooo!
I hope this is not true ooo
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Nobody: 5:03pm On Jul 18, 2019
vickidove:
School resumes on the 19th if August, couldn't get an earlier date, read up on the process on how to schedule an expedited appointment.

I called the embassy to be sure of the process, went ahead to choose 5th of September which was the earliest date then. hoping I will be able to get a closer date when I request for an emergency visa interview. (Still following due process)

After sending a mail with my i-20, my request for emergency appointment was denied. please what else can be done i need URGENT REPLIES PLEASE!!!!!

Did you attach a copy of your SEVIS fee receipt together with your I-20 and admisson letter in the mail you sent? Those documents were stated as a criteria for emergency appointments.

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Time2win(m): 5:05pm On Jul 18, 2019
Schrodinger1:

Did you attach a copy of your SEVIS fee receipt together with your I-20 and admisson letter in the mail you sent? Those documents were stated as a criteria for emergency appointments.

Even with that, they hard approve emergency request now. few people that tried got their request denied. I wonder why
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by chrisDanjuma(m): 5:05pm On Jul 18, 2019
This is not true for Nigeria. It is 60 days on Nigeria US embassy site -
https://www.ustraveldocs.com/ng/ng-niv-221ginfo.asp

[quote author=leospaceman post=80396059]My fellow applicants on AP, look at what I saw.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (160) (161) (162) (163) (164) (165) (166) ... (779)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? / Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.