Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,431 members, 7,808,541 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 01:13 PM

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 - Travel (168) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (1355636 Views)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (165) (166) (167) (168) (169) (170) (171) ... (779) (Go Down)

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Stevenssen(m): 2:24pm On Jul 19, 2019
Oasishavenng:
Long post alert.
I have been waiting a long while for this.
I wrote my first GRE 2014 (313), first toefl 2015(106).
First set of application was 2016, 3 schools ( university of Arkansas, West Virginia University and Wayne state university) 2 rejects and 1 admit.

Basically just saying that our dreams are valid and we should never give up on them. It will end in a win.
Will drop my transcript soon
inspiring! thank you

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by dumbiri99(f): 2:30pm On Jul 19, 2019
Oasishavenng:
Long post alert.
First set of application was 2016, 3 schools ( university of Arkansas, West Virginia University and Wayne state university) 2 rejects and 1 admit.

Rewrote GRE 2016 (320) and applied to 3 schools again. I had 1 admit again. I went to the Embassy Aug 2017 and I was denied based on insufficient funds in the Statement of account.

Started application late 2018 again, rewrote TOEFl (100) again as the first one had expired. Applied to three schools again.
Course: Industrial Engineering
Schools: west Virginia University, Texas A and M university and University of new haven.

And finally I got admit in all three schools, got some sort of funding from all. I went with wvu and I finally got the visa.

Basically just saying that our dreams are valid and we should never give up on them. It will end in a win.
Oboyy Na you try pass oh

2 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by TheGrandChemist(m): 2:38pm On Jul 19, 2019
Oasishavenng:
Long post alert.

Rewrote GRE 2016 (320) and applied to 3 schools again. I had 1 admit again. I went to the Embassy Aug 2017 and I was denied based on insufficient funds in the Statement of account.

Started application late 2018 again, rewrote TOEFl (100) again as the first one had expired. Applied to three schools again.
Schools: west Virginia University, Texas A and M university and University of new haven.

And finally I got admit in all three schools, got some sort of funding from all. I went with wvu and I finally got the visa.

It's been a long time coming.

Congratulations!!!

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Geedhey(m): 2:44pm On Jul 19, 2019
Oasishavenng:
Long post alert.

Congratulations dear God bless your new journey.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Oasishavenng: 2:51pm On Jul 19, 2019
Geedhey:

Congratulations dear God bless your new journey.

Thank you dear

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Oasishavenng: 2:51pm On Jul 19, 2019
TheGrandChemist:

It's been a long time coming.

Congratulations!!!

Thank you

2 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by LagosismyHome(f): 2:54pm On Jul 19, 2019
Oasishavenng:
Long post alert.

Very valid indeed.....

Congrats May God bless your new journey

2 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Tohajan: 2:58pm On Jul 19, 2019
a4pelumi:
I give all adoration to God.

I tapped into your testimony@Tohajan and I was approved this morning.
MPH- Georgia Southern University
11k deficit
No document was asked.
I mumbled a lot as I was asked unexpected questions.
I was lucky to have gone through the last paper published by my supervisor.
Transcript coming soon

Congrats

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Tohajan: 3:24pm On Jul 19, 2019
solihp:
Abuja embassy
Date: July 18th, 2019
Priority: Previously refused on June 19th at the Lagos Consulate
GRE : 314 (161Q, 153V, 3.0AW)
Undergraduate: Statistics
CGPA: 4.07/5.00, 3.47/4.00 unofficial WES evaluation, but if the last 60credits CGPA are calculated, it is about 3.79/4.00
Total cost of attendance for 12months:about $48.9k
Tuition waiver and stipends :$40k
Deficit: $8754
Sponsor: Uncle
Visa Approved by the white man at window 9. There was a white woman standing behind him, but she left during the interview

Me: Good morning sir (he was still talking to the lady)
Me: Good morning sir (still talking)

VO: Pass me your passport
I passed my documents

VO: Why are you going to Georgia State University
Me: I am going for my Masters in Mathematics with concentration in Biostatistics

VO: That is a strange combination; Mathematics and Biostatistics
Me: The Department at Georgia State University is the Department of Mathematics and Statistics

VO: Good, that makes sense, so you're a Statistician
Me: Yes

VO: How many other schools did you apply to?
Me: I applied to 6 other schools

VO: Mention them
Me: George Washington University, American University, Villanova University, Bowling Green State University, Michigan Technological University, and University of Iowa

VO: How did you get this scholarship
Me: During my application process, I indicated that I was interested in being considered for a graduate assistantship position, I submitted my high GRE scores, my impressive transcripts, I wrote a statement of purpose, uploaded my resume, also, I submitted three letters of recommendations from my lecturers, also, the graduate director, Dr. Xx scheduled me for a Skype interview, I believe the admission committee were impressed with my overall profile and my performance during the skype interview

VO: he said something about University of Iowa, didn't hear him properly
Me: The program at University of Iowa is Masters in Statistics not Biostatistics

VO: Three colleges offers Statistics in University of Iowa
Me: ooh yes, I applied to the one in College of Arts and science (I said somewhere that I was rejected by University of Iowa but admitted in the remaining school)

VO: I actually graduated from Statistics but the one offered by the College of Education
Me: oooh waoh, that is really nice, (smiling)

VO: I would be approving your Visa, the program at University of Iowa is actually nice, I wish you were going there, have a nice study in GSU, he said something about the visa pick up and resuming not earlier than 30days of the program start date
Me: I smiled, thank you sir and have a wonderful day grin grin grin

Ps: anytime he looked at me, I smiled cheesy grin grin

No document asked except passport and i20

I have two more posts incoming grin cheesy grin cheesy grin cheesy
Congrats

2 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Tohajan: 3:27pm On Jul 19, 2019
Maryam3:

BarakLllahu feekum. Congratulations!!!

Aameen. Thank you, my sis smiley

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Tohajan: 3:30pm On Jul 19, 2019
Oasishavenng:
Long post alert.

Congrats

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Time2win(m): 3:40pm On Jul 19, 2019
congrats @ oasishavenng, Tohajan, solihp, a4pelumi, sammy1210

5 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by TheZed(m): 4:15pm On Jul 19, 2019
Appreciation Post

I want to take this time out to appreciate everyone that have contributed to my journey so far. Firstly, I’d like to exalt the King of all Kings for his infinite love over my life.

Glitteringstar—I really hope this beautiful soul is reading this presently or sometimes in the future. I have never met her neither have we spoken on phone before. However, She did contributed to my GRE payment in 2017. That GRE gave me admission, funding and consequently visa to finally achieve my dreams. Ma’am, I tried to reach out to you after my visa was approved but the email address you used to contact me is no more active.
Also, I want to appreciate those that used Walspring to subsidize GRE fee around that time too. I benefited from that benevolent gesture.

Happyday—The resume and SOP I used was all due to your kind assistance—He was readily available to make corrections and contributions even with his tight schedule.

Lastly, A big thank you to Oluwaseun Osewa for creating this wonderful repository of information—nairaland. I really don’t know how the trajectory of my life would have been if I haven’t come across nairaland, this thread and the beautiful souls that have graced it.

There are so many others on and off this thread both home and abroad that was of immense help in so many ways. I want you all to know that I’m eternally grateful. I pray this very moment for you all, whatever your heart desires, God will grant them to you.

Kind Regards,
A grateful heart

16 Likes 2 Shares

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Sherlock5577: 4:34pm On Jul 19, 2019
Oasishavenng:
Long post alert.

True resilience!!
Best years lie ahead!

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by DavidhumeNO: 4:53pm On Jul 19, 2019
Davidkkking:

When was the case last updated on your visa status?.....is it the same day as your interview??

Hi Davidking, can I send you a PM?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by DavidhumeNO: 4:55pm On Jul 19, 2019
Davidkkking:

When was the case last updated on your visa status?.....is it the same day as your interview??
My case was last updated on the same day as my interview and nothing from them now,it's been 2 days. What do you think?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by solihp(f): 5:17pm On Jul 19, 2019
Thank you to everyone for the good wishes, I really appreciate you all cheesy cheesy cheesy grin grin grin

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Delaztyx: 6:09pm On Jul 19, 2019
My brother calm down...its just two days ni..peepo on like one month wetin dem go talk...where u interviewed in lag or Abuja?
DavidhumeNO:

My case was last updated on the same day as my interview and nothing from them now,it's been 2 days. What do you think?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Nobody: 6:28pm On Jul 19, 2019
Its like abuja is fond of keeping people on AP for so long, AP for 8 working days
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by DavidhumeNO: 6:37pm On Jul 19, 2019
It is Abuja o
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Melcapital: 6:40pm On Jul 19, 2019
Thanks to You all.

I should have posted this a long time ago.
Visa approval
Transcript:

VO: Good morning
Me: Good morning
VO: Where are you going to
Me: I am going to the Uni of Alabama to obtain a PhD in Physics
VO: What will the degree do for you
Me: I want to be a lecturer( before the interview, I had a beautifully structured essay for this after a series of mock with my bro. Unfortunately I forgot everything.
VO: what other schools did you apply to?
Me: Uni of North Dakota, Alabama A and M Uni, Uni of Louisiana, Lafayette
VO: you didn’t get an assistanship?
Me: No. According to my PI and the department head, my research will be funded by Alabama Space grant Consortium, starting from my second semester.The paperwork will be finalized upon my resumption.
VO: who will then sponsor you before you get that funding?
Me: My dad
VO: What does he do?
Me: He is a retired civil servant.

He asked for his bank statement. He checked through and returned it.
He was typing very fast all through the conversation.
Then, he dropped my passport in the tray, I was so happy. Then he looked at my I-20 again and said: the signature on your I-20 is not legible.
I won’t be able to complete the process. So he started typing again, maybe he was reversing the approval. Then he returned my passport and my I-20.
VO: you will tell your school’s DSO to send a signed I-20.
So he gave me a white paper with ‘USA consular......’ as heading and wrote signed I-20 required.
He told me to drop the signed I-20, my passport, and the white paper at a dropbox facility and they would get to him.

I got the new I-20, did as I was told and the visa was ready after four days.

Thank you everyone.
I bless the day I joined this thread.
God bless!

23 Likes 2 Shares

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Sosao(f): 7:12pm On Jul 19, 2019
Congratulations to you and every other person that got their visa approved. More congratulations to come on this platform.
To those who have not gone for interview I wish you all success.
Those on AP God will perfect everything. Amen
solihp:
Abuja embassy
Date: July 18th, 2019
Priority: Previously refused on June 19th at the Lagos Consulate
GRE : 314 (161Q, 153V, 3.0AW)
Undergraduate: Statistics
CGPA: 4.07/5.00, 3.47/4.00 unofficial WES evaluation, but if the last 60credits CGPA are calculated, it is about 3.79/4.00
Total cost of attendance for 12months:about $48.9k
Tuition waiver and stipends :$40k
Deficit: $8754
Sponsor: Uncle
Visa Approved by the white man at window 9. There was a white woman standing behind him, but she left during the interview

Me: Good morning sir (he was still talking to the lady)
Me: Good morning sir (still talking)

VO: Pass me your passport
I passed my documents

VO: Why are you going to Georgia State University
Me: I am going for my Masters in Mathematics with concentration in Biostatistics

VO: That is a strange combination; Mathematics and Biostatistics
Me: The Department at Georgia State University is the Department of Mathematics and Statistics

VO: Good, that makes sense, so you're a Statistician
Me: Yes

VO: How many other schools did you apply to?
Me: I applied to 6 other schools

VO: Mention them
Me: George Washington University, American University, Villanova University, Bowling Green State University, Michigan Technological University, and University of Iowa

VO: How did you get this scholarship
Me: During my application process, I indicated that I was interested in being considered for a graduate assistantship position, I submitted my high GRE scores, my impressive transcripts, I wrote a statement of purpose, uploaded my resume, also, I submitted three letters of recommendations from my lecturers, also, the graduate director, Dr. Xx scheduled me for a Skype interview, I believe the admission committee were impressed with my overall profile and my performance during the skype interview

VO: he said something about University of Iowa, didn't hear him properly
Me: The program at University of Iowa is Masters in Statistics not Biostatistics

VO: Three colleges offer Statistics in University of Iowa
Me: ooh yes, I applied to the one in College of Arts and science (I said somewhere that I was rejected by University of Iowa but admitted in the remaining school)

VO: I actually graduated from University of Iowa but from the Statistics program offered by the College of Education
Me: oooh waoh, that is really nice, (smiling)

VO: I would be approving your Visa, the program at University of Iowa is actually nice, I wish you were going there, have a nice study in GSU, he said something about the visa pick up and resuming not earlier than 30days of the program start date
Me: I smiled, thank you sir and have a wonderful day grin grin grin

Ps: anytime he looked at me, I smiled cheesy grin grin

No document asked except passport and i20

I have two more posts incoming grin cheesy grin cheesy grin cheesy

4 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Time2win(m): 7:15pm On Jul 19, 2019
Melcapital:
Thanks to You all.

I should have posted this a long time ago.
Visa approval
Transcript:

VO: Good morning
Me: Good morning
VO: Where are you going to
Me: I am going to the Uni of Alabama to obtain a PhD in Physics
VO: What will the degree do for you
Me: I want to be a lecturer( before the interview, I had a beautifully structured essay for this after a series of mock with my bro. Unfortunately I forgot everything.
VO: what other schools did you apply to?
Me: Uni of North Dakota, Alabama A and M Uni, Uni of Louisiana, Lafayette
VO: you didn’t get an assistanship?
Me: No. According to my PI and the department head, my research will be funded by Alabama Space grant Consortium, starting from my second semester.The paperwork will be finalized upon my resumption.
VO: who will then sponsor you before you get that funding?
Me: My dad
VO: What does he do?
Me: He is a retired civil servant.

He asked for his bank statement. He checked through and returned it.
He was typing very fast all through the conversation.
Then, he dropped my passport in the tray, I was so happy. Then he looked at my I-20 again and said: the signature on your I-20 is not legible.
I won’t be able to complete the process. So he started typing again, maybe he was reversing the approval. Then he returned my passport and my I-20.
VO: you will tell your school’s DSO to send a signed I-20.
So he gave me a white paper with ‘USA consular......’ as heading and wrote signed I-20 required.
He told me to drop the signed I-20, my passport, and the white paper at a dropbox facility and they would get to him.

I got the new I-20, did as I was told and the visa was ready after four days.

Thank you everyone.
I bless the day I joined this thread.
God bless!

Congrats, was your i20 not signed at all or the signature wasn't clear?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Nobody: 7:20pm On Jul 19, 2019
8 working days and you are surprised.. I was on AP for 45 days before I was Issued

Unstoppable100:
Its like abuja is fond of keeping people on AP for so long, AP for 8 working days
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Delaztyx: 7:22pm On Jul 19, 2019
Yes it's what I noticed.Thier AP is like forever.
Unstoppable100:
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Nobody: 7:23pm On Jul 19, 2019
My brother, as far am as concerned, you should just be confident and happy, also brace yourself for a wait, getting worried and tensed up won't help matters, I had so many people saying so many things about my case someone said the money in my account is too much and they probably suspect my sponsor to be involved in money laundering and some other people said they suspect me of some crime, of course they meant well for me but I could have accepted their theories and kill myself with blood pressure.. Just calm down and prepare yourself for a wait of it doesn't come soon.. Abuja is like that..

DavidhumeNO:
It is Abuja o
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Delaztyx: 7:25pm On Jul 19, 2019
Oooh Yes Abuja is known for Long AP.
DavidhumeNO:
It is Abuja o
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Delaztyx: 7:27pm On Jul 19, 2019
Very true @JUSTABAMA
Justabama:
My brother, as far am as concerned, you should just be confident and happy, also brace yourself for a wait, getting worried and tensed up won't help matters, I had so many people saying so many things about my case someone said the money in my account is too much and they probably suspect my sponsor to be involved in money laundering and some other people said they suspect me of some crime, of course they meant well for me but I could have accepted their theories and kill myself with blood pressure.. Just calm down and prepare yourself for a wait of it doesn't come soon.. Abuja is like that..

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by juliouze: 7:36pm On Jul 19, 2019
solihp:
My Appreciation post

First, I want to return all the glory back to God Almighty for the strength he has given me these past 7months, going through this kind of process hasn't been all easy but I thank him cause he's ever faithful, may His name be highly magnified.

GboyegaD: When I first decided to apply for my Masters in December 2018, I emailed him with my list of schools, I had limited list because I was hoping to write GRE in the first week of February, I told him I had gone through all the Nationally ranked schools on USnews that offered Statistics(about 100 of them) , he looked at my list and told me to go over the list again. Looking back at the initial list I sent to him, I realised most of the schools I got admitted into, especially the school I am going to right now; Georgia State University was not there. Thank you very much for the encouragement and for making me go through that list again, I really appreciate your efforts.

Deyemzy: Our friendship kicked off in February, at first because we were both Statisticians. We waited for the admissions together, composed compelling emails to the graduate directors together, when it was time to apply for visa, we scrutinised each other's transcript, conducted several mock interview, etc. Thank you very much dear friend, you were one of my support system during this process.

To my school guys: Tomiwaa, Scott200, iwriterng. It has been a pleasure being in contact with you all and I am hoping to see the 3 of you in school this August during the graduate or international student orientation.

To the wonderful people I have met through this process: Omohakin, Tegaadogb, Spotlighte, etc

To the nice people I met when I got delayed on my first trial: We literally hustled for dates together, shared info about the next available dates for previously refused individuals, thank you; misstemi2, kay100, Temi87, dwilliams707. I am hoping we all get our visas very soon

Fairheart: Immediately I got delayed the first time, I sent him a message, he was very helpful as he scrutinised my transcript to perfection and conducted several mock interviews for me, thank you for your efforts and time, I do not take it for granted

To everyone: To everyone on this thread who has contributed in one way or the other, to those I have read their transcripts, to those who have stayed on this thread just to help out others, to those who came to my rescue and encouraged me when I was first delayed, I say thank you very much, the things you do accumulated to this approval. I hope I would be able to help the upcoming applicants in any way I could. Keep up the good work

smiley cheesy grin smiley cheesy grin smiley cheesy grin

One more posts incoming later grin grin
Congratulations brother

2 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by juliouze: 7:41pm On Jul 19, 2019
TheZed:
Appreciation Post

I want to take this time out to appreciate everyone that have contributed to my journey so far. Firstly, I’d like to exalt the King of all Kings for his infinite love over my life.

Glitteringstar—I really hope this beautiful soul is reading this presently or sometimes in the future. I have never met her neither have we spoken on phone before. However, She did contributed to my GRE payment in 2017. That GRE gave me admission, funding and consequently visa to finally achieve my dreams. Ma’am, I tried to reach out to you after my visa was approved but the email address you used to contact me is no more active.
Also, I want to appreciate those that used Walspring to subsidize GRE fee around that time too. I benefited from that benevolent gesture.

Happyday—The resume and SOP I used was all due to your kind assistance—He was readily available to make corrections and contributions even with his tight schedule.

Lastly, A big thank you to Oluwaseun Osewa for creating this wonderful repository of information—nairaland. I really don’t know how the trajectory of my life would have been if I haven’t come across nairaland, this thread and the beautiful souls that have graced it.

There are so many others on and off this thread both home and abroad that was of immense help in so many ways. I want you all to know that I’m eternally grateful. I pray this very moment for you all, whatever your heart desires, God will grant them to you.

Kind Regards,
A grateful heart
Edumare bless your hustle brother
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Melcapital: 7:42pm On Jul 19, 2019
Time2win:

Congrats, was your i20 not signed at all or the signature wasn't clear?

Thanks man.

It wasn’t signed
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Time2win(m): 7:47pm On Jul 19, 2019
Melcapital:

Thanks man.

It wasn’t signed

Okay

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (165) (166) (167) (168) (169) (170) (171) ... (779)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? / Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 90
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.