Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,559 members, 7,809,037 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 09:36 PM

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 - Travel (18) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (1355785 Views)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) ... (779) (Go Down)

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by hybeenoni: 7:35pm On Jun 11, 2019
Seems we Mathematics guys for fall are much, I'm also going to Texas tech this fall

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by kacey007: 7:40pm On Jun 11, 2019
hybeenoni:
Seems we Mathematics guys for fall are much, I'm also going to Texas tech this fall
I guess because funding is more available during fall. Have you done your Visa interview?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by hybeenoni: 7:41pm On Jun 11, 2019
kacey007:

Have you done your Visa interview?

Nope, having it this month end
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by akpumping30(m): 7:52pm On Jun 11, 2019
Good day house, I paid my Sevis last and the received date was in my Status but what I'm seeing in my status is Not paid what can I do house. Plz my interview is next week, plz help me
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Walspring: 8:09pm On Jun 11, 2019
Olumuyiwalasode:

This is wrong, you obviously didn't get his question. He was simply saying the statement has a duration from November to April, and his interview is in June; it means the statement was issued and printed in April, which is still within the 6 months period, so yes, He can take it to the embassy since his interview is this June!

Alright. I got it better now if is this way you analyzed it because I thought of another way.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Walspring: 8:11pm On Jun 11, 2019
Tohajan:

This was really helpful. I have been able to download it following the steps.
Thanks a million times. And to others too, I really appreciate

Let’s give all the thanks to God
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Walspring: 8:12pm On Jun 11, 2019
akpumping30:
Good day house, I paid my Sevis last and the received date was in my
Status but what I'm seeing in my status is Not paid
what can I do house. Plz my interview is next week, plz help me

How do you make the payment? Which payment method did you use ?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by akpumping30(m): 8:15pm On Jun 11, 2019
Walspring:

How do you make the payment? Which payment method did you use ?
By check / money order .... thanks for the response bro
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Time2win(m): 8:17pm On Jun 11, 2019
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Oasishavenng: 8:17pm On Jun 11, 2019
Got non-immigrant visa questions? We've got answers! Thursday, June 13, 2019 at 2:00pm (WAT), consular officers of the U.S. Consulate General Lagos will host a Facebook Live event. Have your questions ready, they will respond to as many questions as they can. Come join us! #AskConsular

2 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Marjoribanks: 8:26pm On Jun 11, 2019
Oasishavenng:

They are pretty slow ooo, so if you need your I-20 quickly, abort mission
Ok thanks bro!
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by learner007(m): 8:28pm On Jun 11, 2019
kacey007:

How is it over there in the mathematics department? Going to ETSU this fall for Msc Mathematics.

It depends on whether your program is tailored towards pure maths or applied maths. The pure maths is really rigorous (heavy on writing mathematical proofs). La cram la pour no dey work here, walahi talahi. If you have to take a proof writing remedial course, dont hesitate at all. It will really help you. But the applied/numerical path is okay! I have taken courses across both paths. I took Real Analysis last semester...it was deeper than what I did in my undergrad. So I advice anyone coming to start to prepare early in order to hit the ground running. Download some calculus textbooks online and drill yourself like mad! Thank me later!

7 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by dumbiri99(f): 8:37pm On Jun 11, 2019
MyAmericandream:
I also have two that got approved today on partial scholarship. One was brief while the other was tasking.
Can you please post their transcripts
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Tohajan: 8:40pm On Jun 11, 2019
Oasishavenng:
Got non-immigrant visa questions? We've got answers! Thursday, June 13, 2019 at 2:00pm (WAT), consular officers of the U.S. Consulate General Lagos will host a Facebook Live event. Have your questions ready, they will respond to as many questions as they can. Come join us! #AskConsular

The link pls?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by kacey007: 8:42pm On Jun 11, 2019
learner007:

It depends on whether your program is tailored towards pure maths or applied maths. The pure maths is really rigorous (heavy on writing mathematical proofs). La cram la pour no dey work here, walahi talahi. If you have to take a proof writing remedial course, dont hesitate at all. It will really help you. But the applied/numerical path is okay! I have taken course across both paths. I took Real Analysis semester...it was deeper than what I did in my undergrad. So I advice anyone coming to start to prepare early in order to hit the ground running. Download some calculus textbooks online and drill yourself like mad! Thank me later!
Thank you for this information.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by tmd(f): 9:04pm On Jun 11, 2019

CGPA 3.47/4
GRE 322 TOEFL 97
Emory University MPH Global Health- Infectious disease concentration
Not fully funded but got $20000 Rollins pathway scholarship
Deficit on I20 is $44000 after scholarship has been deducted
No Document asked

Interview was not like a standard F1 visa interview though

VO: Pass me your passports
Me: I obliged plus our I20
VO: Why Emory University
Me: Firstly it is one of the few Universities that offer Global Health in US as a department on it's own and not as a certificate/side option and they also have my concentration which is Infectious disease. Also, its location in Atlanta which is known to be the world public health capital is a major factor because it would expose me in practical terms as a result of the presence of major public health organisations there like the headquarters of CDC, The Carter centre, American cancer society etc.......I stopped talking at this point because I felt I had said enough and didnt want to bore her eventhough I still had other points and she didnt cut me off. I remembered ranking, which was one of my main reasons afterwards but didnt bother again.Thankfully, it didnt work against me. She just kept nodding and this is the only student related question I was asked
VO: How many children do you have
Me: 3
VO: and where are the other 2(I went with my first son only)
Me: They are at home. They are not eligible for Visa. I gave birth to them in US
VO: when is their DOB and how old are they
Me: -/-/2015 & -/-/2016...... 4yrs and 2+
VO: Did you declare your intent at the POE when you went to deliver
Me: Yes
VO: How much was your delivery fee
Me: $11838 for the first and $11959 for the second. I have my receipts here if you want to check but she declined
Typed for like forever, then she approved us.

I had to give back to this community hence the reason for this transcript, if not, theres really nothing much for F1 visa aspirants to see. I learnt alot here and i am grateful to everyone here. Thank you to all the gurus holding this house up, you guys are the real VIPs and ofcourse I return all the Glory to God.

32 Likes 1 Share

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Buksss: 9:19pm On Jun 11, 2019
Good evening house ! I’ve just recently joined and I got admission for my masters in public health at UIS . The school mostly offer graduate assistant and there’s a graduate public internship one that I applied for also . Now the problem is , you get employed after having an on-campus interview ...so on my I-20 there’s no mention of this.. I’m getting a little scared cause of all this funding funding talk (background story : I’ve been issued b1/b2 twice before , got denied last time ) so the tuition on the i-20 is about 22,000, total fees are like 35k . Is this like a red flag ? Like is the tuition too much , I got SOA to support it though.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Milkshakes01(f): 9:32pm On Jun 11, 2019
Congratulations ma. Did you later try or are you still going to try the domestic help thing?
tmd:

CGPA 3.47/4
GRE 322 TOEFL 97
Emory University MPH Global Health- Infectious disease concentration
Not fully funded but got $20000 Rollins pathway scholarship
Deficit on I20 is $44000 after scholarship has been deducted
No Document asked

Interview was not like a standard F1 visa interview though

VO: Pass me your passports
Me: I obliged plus our I20
VO: Why Emory University
Me: Firstly it is one of the few Universities that offer Global Health in US as a department on it's own and not as a certificate/side option and they also have my concentration which is Infectious disease. Also, its location in Atlanta which is known to be the world public health capital is a major factor because it would expose me in practical terms as a result of the presence of major public health organisations there like the headquarters of CDC, The Carter centre, American cancer society etc.......I stopped talking at this point because I felt I had said enough and didnt want to bore her eventhough I still had other points and she didnt cut me off. I remembered ranking, which was one of my main reasons afterwards but didnt bother again.Thankfully, it didnt work against me. She just kept nodding and this is the only student related question I was asked
VO: How many children do you have
Me: 3
VO: and where are the other 2(I went with my first son only)
Me: They are at home. They are not eligible for Visa. I gave birth to them in US
VO: when is their DOB and how old are they
Me: -/-/2015 & -/-/2016...... 4yrs and 2+
VO: Did you declare your intent at the POE when you went to deliver
Me: Yes
VO: How much was your delivery fee
Me: $11838 for the first and $11959 for the second. I have my receipts here if you want to check but she declined
Typed for like forever, then she approved us.

I had to give back to this community hence the reason for this transcript, if not, theres really nothing much for F1 visa aspirants to see. I learnt alot here and i am grateful to everyone here. Thank you to all the gurus holding this house up, you guys are the real VIPs and ofcourse I return all the Glory to God.

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by fairheart(m): 9:46pm On Jun 11, 2019
Chai! My queen! Only me? I certainly don't deserve all these shocked
See as my head dey swell like puff puff wey just fall for hot oil.
You go make person fall in love grin grin
Thank you for the compliment. And yes, I miss you too.
I look forward to your approval soon. God bless you dear.

sharwama:
Queens see Kings
Welcome back King fairheart
First of his kind
The last word bender
Hub of wisdom
Pinnacle of respect
Allayer of fears
I just love the fact that no matter what happens, you always find your way back to us. You didn't even wait to resume giving your wise counsel.
Welcome once again and yes, I missed you a lot grin grin grin

4 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Olumuyiwalasode(m): 9:49pm On Jun 11, 2019
Walspring:

Alright. I got it better now if is this way you analyzed it because I thought of another way.

Yes sir�
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by dimejalex(m): 10:10pm On Jun 11, 2019
Do student like me that don't have funding from the school stand a better chance at the Vo side
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by 1stdami(m): 10:21pm On Jun 11, 2019
Did you get any funding from Texas tech?
hybeenoni:
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Brown2Green(m): 10:23pm On Jun 11, 2019
Buksss:
Good evening house ! I’ve just recently joined and I got admission for my masters in public health at UIS . The school mostly offer graduate assistant and there’s a graduate public internship one that I applied for also . Now the problem is , you get employed after having an on-campus interview ...so on my I-20 there’s no mention of this.. I’m getting a little scared cause of all this funding funding talk (background story : I’ve been issued b1/b2 twice before , got denied last time ) so the tuition on the i-20 is about 22,000, total fees are like 35k . Is this like a red flag ? Like is the tuition too much , I got SOA to support it though.

Apparently everyone can get on campus job upon arrival so that's no big deal. You have a little impression to create if you have a mail from the professor stating intention to engage you upon arrival.

That being said, you were denied for B1 is of no bearing with your F1 as long as you didn't mess up your stay in the US.

For your fees , you better have your dad or mom funding you.
Because coming up with uncle or aunty is not ideal especially as the sum is this high.

I did say anyone going to the embassy without funding should be going with an IVY school. That way the VO is eased at issuing Visa.

Get the IVY or get the Funding.

What's the return on Investment of a maters in public health back in Nigeria with a deficit of $35,000 from a school that is not an IVY?
That's basically how the VO might weigh it.

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by hybeenoni: 10:25pm On Jun 11, 2019
1stdami:
Did you get any funding from Texas tech?

Yea I did

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by fairheart(m): 10:35pm On Jun 11, 2019
lols. You guys are fabulous. I've been laughing out loud since I came back here. cheesy cheesy
NewAjala:

I just had to quote you at the mention of "Heineken"..

You got eye for good things.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Pefuele(m): 10:35pm On Jun 11, 2019
Here is my transcripts at the US embassy today:

VO:Why are you going to this school?
Me:Because of how this course will help me...she cuts in
VO:Where ..
Me: Uninversity of new Haven,West Haven Connecticut
VO:You were at the embassy last year for Sustainable Energy why the change of course?
Me:Last year I worked with the quality department on a project on Solar Energy and I believe Sustainable Energy will help address my challenges then.
However,at the completion of the project I moved to the Managed Print Services department to work on a bigger and long term project .Much of what I am doing now will be addressed by my MS in Electrical and Electronics Engineering..VO shakes head in approval.
VO:So you work at XXXX?
Me:yes(They have the company machine exactly where the interviewed is conducted)
VO:Did you write GRE

Me:Yes

VO:whats your score
Me:299
VO:who is paying for this?
Me:Uncle ****
VO:what does your sponsor do
Me:He is into building materials.He is a key supplier of Dangote and Lafarge Cement in the South-West.He also owns several production facilities for moulded blocks.
VO:Can I see his SOA
Me:gave it to VO
VO:checked front page,checked back page,
Count the sheet,check the opening balance and closing balance on front page,check the pages again.
VO:the type for like 2mins and have me blue paper.
Me:I was shocked.

Please help vet this..
Thanks

From me:I thought I should have told her my scholarships when she asked who is paying for this?

SOA is legit and with a balance of N32m
My total cost less is less than N9m after scholarships

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by LagosismyHome(f): 10:36pm On Jun 11, 2019
Brown2Green:

Apparently everyone can get on campus job upon arrival so that's no big deal. You have a little impression to create if you have a mail from the professor stating intention to engage you upon arrival.

it.

Ehnnn the bold is not so easy ooo. Loads of student find job tire and dont see. This depends on the school

4 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Brown2Green(m): 10:38pm On Jun 11, 2019
LagosismyHome:

Ehnnn the bold is not so easy ooo. Loads of student find job tire and dont see. This depends on the school

Sure thing. E no easy

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by fairheart(m): 10:41pm On Jun 11, 2019
You do! Believe you do! That is one of the keys to nice interview--if you are interviewed by a consular that's working to listen and understand applicants intention. Good luck!
dimejalex:
Do student like me that don't have funding from the school stand a better chance at the Vo side

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Buksss: 10:43pm On Jun 11, 2019
Brown2Green:

That being said, you were denied for B1 is of no bearing with your F1 as long as you didn't mess up your stay in the US.

For your fees , you better have your dad or mom funding you.
Because coming up with uncle or aunty is not ideal especially as the sum is this high.

I did say anyone going to the embassy without funding should be going with an IVY school. That way the VO is eased at issuing Visa.

Get the IVY or get the Funding.

What's the return on Investment of a maters in public health back in Nigeria with a deficit of $35,000 from a school that is not an IVY?
That's basically how the VO might weigh it.
Thank you so much.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by fairheart(m): 10:48pm On Jun 11, 2019
I would like to see your statement of account, if you don't mind. I am suspecting total credit and total debit. This aspect of the SOA account is a major thing the embassy weigh during their brief assessment on the counter and during AP. The total credit for last six month should be high enough to show that the sponsor actually have stable source of income. It is obvious that YOUR HOME WORK (in preparing for the interview) took you through to the last phase of the interview, but the SOA messed up everything. This is the type of interview outcome that breaks my heart. I hope you reapply, because the next consular that will interview you may not really mind what the consular who took you today used in deciding your ineligibility.

Pefuele:

VO:You were at the embassy last year for Sustainable Energy why the change of course?
Me:Last year I worked with the quality department on a project on Solar Energy and I believe Sustainable Energy will help address my challenges then.
However,at the completion of the project I moved to the Managed Print Services department to work on a bigger and long term project .Much of what I am doing now will be addressed by my MS in Electrical and Electronics Engineering..VO shakes head in approval.
VO:So you work at XXXX
Me:yes(They have the company machine exactly where the interviewed is conducted?

Me:He is into building materials.He is a key supplier of Dangote and Lafarge Cement in the South-West.He also owns several production facilities for moulded blocks.
Count the sheet,check the opening balance and closing balance on front page,check the pages again.

Please help vet this..
Thanks

From me:I thought I should have told her my scholarships when she asked who is paying for this?

3 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Brown2Green(m): 10:48pm On Jun 11, 2019
Pefuele:

VO:So you work at XXXX
Me:yes(They have the company machine exactly where the interviewed is conducted?

Please help vet this..
Thanks

Within what span of time did you change your course?
you switched from Sustainable Energy to Electrical Engineering because of a project.. You really think the VO was nodding in approval?

Normally the deficit wouldn't be an issue with such SOA.

I feel your main issue is the course switch and the reason you gave.

Another VO might reason differently.

(1) (2) (3) ... (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) ... (779)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? / Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.