Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,286 members, 7,807,968 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 12:22 AM

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 - Travel (181) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (1355485 Views)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (178) (179) (180) (181) (182) (183) (184) ... (779) (Go Down)

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by a4pelumi: 9:01pm On Jul 24, 2019
VISA APPROVED

School: Georgia Southern University
Program: MPH
Deficit: $11,182
I wrote GRE and TOEFL
No document asked.
Interviewed at window 5 on 19th July, 2019.

VO: Good morning, how are you?
Me: I am fine

VO: Pass me your passport and I-20
Me: I complied

VO: Why are you going to the US?
ME: I am going for my Masters of Public health with special interest in Environmental Health sciences at Georgia Southern University.

VO: Why this program?
ME: This program will equip me with necessary skills, knowledge and proficiency to work with the Federal Ministry of Health and other public health (VO cuts in)

VO: What role (I didn’t get his question)
ME: I continued my response, to help reduce disease burden in Nigeria.

VO: No, I mean the work with Federal Ministry of Health as what?
Me: Environmental Health Practitioner
He starts typing, probably to confirm what I said.

VO: Where do you work?
ME: I work at ABC, I do C, D, E and F (mentioned the 4 duties I filled on my DS 160 form)

VO: Why did you choose this school?
ME: I was offered a tuition waiver and monthly stipend and I will join Dr. G research team to work on occupational health and safety. This research aligned with my interest in combating various occupational hazards in Nigeria.

VO: Who is your sponsor?
ME: I have RA which comes with tuition waiver and stipends (VO cuts in)

VO: What will your research be on? (I wasn’t expecting the question)
ME: Occupational health and safety

VO: Which industry?
Me: Manufacturing industry... I was scared because I didn’t know what I would be working on yet but then I remembered the last journal released by my supervisor and decided to use that.

VO: Explain more on the research
ME: Usage of personal protective equipment by waste workers, factors affecting their usage, their attitudes, beliefs and knowledge towards PPE.
(I wasn’t composed here, I said everything I remembered about the research I read and he typed for some seconds before asking another question)

VO: How did you know about GSU?
ME: I conducted a vast scrutiny on schools that offer PH in the US using professional sites such as Association of Schools and Programs of Public Health and sophas.org (VO cuts in)

VO: Did you apply to any other school?
ME: University of Tennessee Knoxville, East Tennessee State University.

VO: Did you write any exam?
ME: I wrote GRE and TOEFL

VO starts typing for a while, I was just praying that I should get white paper. Immediately he returned my I-20 I became excited, he said your passport will be ready for pick up at Isolo in the next few days and keep your I-20 form well.
I said thank you and left, I got outside and started reminiscing on how I couldn’t answer his questions to my satisfaction but my visa was still approved. All veneration to God.

Verdict:
- Read as many transcripts as possible, it was a transcript I read here that made me go through that helpful journal.
- Fill your DS 160 form properly and know the details offhand.
- Have a profound knowledge of your program and research interest.

Appreciation
Kudos to every single person that has contributed in one way or the other to this thread, I have been following this thread since page 14 everyday for more than 2 months. I learnt a lot from this platform. Thank you.

I wish everyone preparing for interview the best.

27 Likes 3 Shares

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by kacey007: 9:22pm On Jul 24, 2019
a4pelumi:
VISA APPROVED

I wrote GRE and TOEFL
No document asked.

Appreciation
Kudos to every single person that has contributed in one way or the other to this thread, I have been following this thread since page 14 everyday for more than 2 months. I learnt a lot from this platform. Thank you.

Congratulations.

In lagosismyhome's voice...May God bless your new journey.

2 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by LagosismyHome(f): 9:38pm On Jul 24, 2019
kacey007:

Congratulations.

In lagosismyhome's voice...May God bless your new journey.

smiley cheesy grin
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by CHUUKKSS(m): 9:49pm On Jul 24, 2019
Novellex:
thanks chuks but can I reach out to you? I have already sent you a mail
i didn't see any mail bro.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by kallowdean(m): 9:52pm On Jul 24, 2019
Hi Guys,
First of all, am sorry.
I know a lot has happened while I was absent from here... I can see it from the thread closed shocked

Well, the good news is that am back. and this time am back as a Graduate in Electrical Engineering (MSEE). grin grin grin

In the name of giving back to my root irrespective of the status of anyone, I will be paying application fees for 5 different students only.
I will release the criteria for the selection soon. This is for the students targetting Fall of 2020.

In addition, am presently planning to complete a short project in Asheville North Carolina, So I want the Nigerian students there to connect with me if possible. I need to discuss with any Nigerian Student presently living in Asheville North Carolina. (URGENT).

Peace out and one love, I will be in touch with the application fee update soon.

26 Likes 1 Share

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by CHUUKKSS(m): 9:54pm On Jul 24, 2019
Welldone bro
kallowdean:
Hi Guys,
First of all, am sorry.
I know a lot has happened while I was absent from here... I can see it from the thread closed shocked

Well, the good news is that am back. and this time am back as a Graduate in Electrical Engineering (MSEE). grin grin grin

In the name of giving back to my root irrespective of the status of anyone, I will be paying application fees for 5 different students only.
I will release the criteria for the selection soon. This is for the students targetting Fall of 2020.

In addition, am presently planning to complete a short project in Asheville North Carolina, So I want the Nigerian students there to connect with me if possible. I need to discuss with any Nigerian Student presently living in Asheville North Carolina. (URGENT).

Peace out and one love, I will be in touch with the application fee update soon.

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by CHUUKKSS(m): 9:58pm On Jul 24, 2019
Those that have done their interview and have been given visa did majorly two things
-Said or channeled their main points in first question
- Read wide.
For example I was asked what exam I need to write to get into medical school in the US, if he didn't read wide, I won't know, so please know about your school and courses e.t.c.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by juliouze: 10:03pm On Jul 24, 2019
Please what are my chances of getting funding if I apply for spring 2020? I saw most schools saying funding is usually limited if even available during spring. Please somebody should say something ejor.

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by juliouze: 10:04pm On Jul 24, 2019
kallowdean:
Hi Guys,
First of all, am sorry.

You're welcome bro, I believe you're speaking to me, I'll definitely be waiting.

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by CHUUKKSS(m): 10:17pm On Jul 24, 2019
What is your decision for not taking fall
juliouze:
Please what are my chances of getting funding if I apply for spring 2020? I saw most schools saying funding is usually limited if even available during spring. Please somebody should say something ejor.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by juliouze: 10:23pm On Jul 24, 2019
CHUUKKSS:
What is your decision for not taking fall
Idleness till fall is no joke bro, I may just end up impregnating someone's daughter. Lol

4 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Senatorbee(m): 10:28pm On Jul 24, 2019
Please which bus can I book online that can take me from Newark airport New Jersey to Connecticut, my arrival time Is at night 7:15 pm
In new Jersey. Night bus from new jersey to connecticut,
I need to make all plans ready before departure .
Please help me

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by CHUUKKSS(m): 11:02pm On Jul 24, 2019
Lol, I think students have better chances of scholarship in fall section, but do your vast research yourself on your school, I can't say
juliouze:

Idleness till fall is no joke bro, I may just end up impregnating someone's daughter. Lol
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by CHUUKKSS(m): 11:04pm On Jul 24, 2019
You can discuss with your international admissions officer of your school if it is school you are going for, they would be ready to assist. Tell them about your travel plans first.
Senatorbee:
Please which bus can I book online that can take me from Newark airport New Jersey to Connecticut, my arrival time Is at night 7:15 pm
Please help me
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by shegzyD(m): 11:04pm On Jul 24, 2019
a4pelumi:
VISA APPROVED

I wrote GRE and TOEFL
No document asked.

VO: Good morning, how are you?
Me: I am fine

VO: Pass me your passport and I-20
Me: I complied

VO: Why are you going to the US?
ME: I am going for my Masters of Public health with special interest in Environmental Health sciences at Georgia Southern University.

VO: Why this program?
ME: This program will equip me with necessary skills, knowledge and proficiency to work with the Federal Ministry of Health and other public health (VO cuts in)

VO: What role (I didn’t get his question)
ME: I continued my response, to help reduce disease burden in Nigeria.

VO: No, I mean the work with Federal Ministry of Health as what?
Me: Environmental Health Practitioner
He starts typing, probably to confirm what I said.

VO: Where do you work?
ME: I work at ABC, I do C, D, E and F (mentioned the 4 duties I filled on my DS 160 form)

VO: Why did you choose this school?
ME: I was offered a tuition waiver and monthly stipend and I will join Dr. G research team to work on occupational health and safety. This research aligned with my interest in combating various occupational hazards in Nigeria.

VO: Who is your sponsor?
ME: I have RA which comes with tuition waiver and stipends (VO cuts in)

VO: What will your research be on? (I wasn’t expecting the question)
ME: Occupational health and safety

VO: Which industry?
Me: Manufacturing industry... I was scared because I didn’t know what I would be working on yet but then I remembered the last journal released by my supervisor and decided to use that.

VO: Explain more on the research
ME: Usage of personal protective equipment by waste workers, factors affecting their usage, their attitudes, beliefs and knowledge towards PPE.
(I wasn’t composed here, I said everything I remembered about the research I read and he typed for some seconds before asking another question)

VO: How did you know about GSU?
ME: I conducted a vast scrutiny on schools that offer PH in the US using professional sites such as Association of Schools and Programs of Public Health and sophas.org (VO cuts in)

VO: Did you apply to any other school?
ME: University of Tennessee Knoxville, East Tennessee State University.

VO: Did you write any exam?
ME: I wrote GRE and TOEFL

VO starts typing for a while, I was just praying that I should get white paper. Immediately he returned my I-20 I became excited, he said your passport will be ready for pick up at Isolo in the next few days and keep your I-20 form well.
I said thank you and left, I got outside and started reminiscing on how I couldn’t answer his questions to my satisfaction but my visa was still approved. All veneration to God.

Verdict:
- Read as many transcripts as possible, it was a transcript I read here that made me go through that helpful journal.
- Fill your DS 160 form properly and know the details offhand.
- Have a profound knowledge of your program and research interest.

Appreciation

Congratulations. I tap into this. I will testify soon��

4 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by juliouze: 11:09pm On Jul 24, 2019
CHUUKKSS:
Lol, I think students have better chances of scholarship in fall section, but do your vast research yourself on your school, I can't say
Thank you brother, I'm grateful.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by brainy02: 11:12pm On Jul 24, 2019
Pls everyone,

University of Wisconsin Parkside, how recommended is this school? If anyone has an idea of it Pls.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Nobody: 11:22pm On Jul 24, 2019
Is possible for someone less than 18 from Nigeria to study in the US and how would it work
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Adtek(m): 11:23pm On Jul 24, 2019
I was denied June 26 and got another appointment for July 27, please can I still go with the same statement of account?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Nobody: 11:40pm On Jul 24, 2019
So how much does it get to Newark. You dint later update me

Senatorbee:
Please help me
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by CHUUKKSS(m): 11:49pm On Jul 24, 2019
Why where you denied, discrepancies in your bank statement. Figure out that reason first
Adtek:
I was denied June 26 and got another appointment for July 27, please can I still go with the same statement of account?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by freshStarz: 11:53pm On Jul 24, 2019
twittycutey:
your pm has been replied.

Hi, I've sent u a mail too
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Nobody: 11:54pm On Jul 24, 2019
ARCHEMEDESME:
Is possible for someone less than 18 from Nigeria to study in the US and how would it work

Very possible. Alot if U-18 have applied to schools by taking the SAT. You can make out time & read through the thread

Adtek:

Sure you can use the same statement as long as the closing balance is intact & more than the deficit on your i20
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by CHUUKKSS(m): 11:54pm On Jul 24, 2019
Yes do Sat and TOEFL and apply to the school, simple as ABC. I have a company that helps in applying to schools in the US also helps in achieving sure scholarship �
ARCHEMEDESME:
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Nobody: 12:17am On Jul 25, 2019
nelem:

Very possible. Alot if U-18 have applied to schools by taking the SAT. You can make out time & read through the thread

Sure you can use the same statement as long as the closing balance is intact & more than the deficit on your i20

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Flaame(m): 2:05am On Jul 25, 2019
Good morning dear sharwama, better pikin.... Please don't mind my previous post, it was just me seeking for the queens attention, please mami, I need your help so I'll add finish touches to my transcript. You said the best place to get you is here, so here I am.... Please locate me dear. Thanks!
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Flaame(m): 2:09am On Jul 25, 2019
@ Oga fairheart,good morning boss, please it's about that time of the year poor guys like us go need your guidance, boss, please I need your assistance for adding touches to my proposed transcript. I know am open request here is the best place to get you bro.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Flaame(m): 2:10am On Jul 25, 2019
Proposed transcript coming soon, pls scrutinize every bit of alphabet guys..... Lol
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by daprince5898(m): 2:15am On Jul 25, 2019
Its really cool to be back here again after been denied visa last year.
I actually got entangled with NYSC this year , which will end by Feb. 2020
Now, I have been granted another admission, earliest date is January and Feb is when NYSC is rounding up. Any idea of possible action on this?
Thank you
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by daprince5898(m): 2:17am On Jul 25, 2019
That notwithstanding, I'm still searching for a sch that can give full funding for Masters program, to any related course, I studied Philosophy.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by walepepe21: 2:27am On Jul 25, 2019
Visa Approved on July 22nd,2019 at the Abuja Embassy, Window 8 by a very young beautiful Lady in her 20s Transcript Loading grin grin grin grin

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by daprince5898(m): 2:32am On Jul 25, 2019
walepepe21:
Visa Approved on July 22nd,2019 at the Abuja Embassy, Window 8 by a very young beautiful Lady in her 20s Transcript Loading grin grin grin grin

Congratulations. I tap into ur blessing.

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (178) (179) (180) (181) (182) (183) (184) ... (779)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? / Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.