Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,867 members, 7,802,797 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 09:45 PM

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 - Travel (239) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (1353526 Views)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (236) (237) (238) (239) (240) (241) (242) ... (779) (Go Down)

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by TWoods(m): 1:32pm On Aug 22, 2019
mbahaven:
Hi Guys
i have a question for those who are already in university of New Haven or Connecticut in general...What is the best transportation from JFK to New Haven..
i was thinking of going to Grand Central with the airport train and taking the metro to UNH but it doesn't sound plausible with all my luggages.I also looked into airport shuttles and they are going for 59$ sad
Please help

You can’t afford $59?

2 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by mbahaven: 1:58pm On Aug 22, 2019
TWoods:

You can’t afford $59?

It’s not about not being able to afford it..I just wanna know if that’s the best option out there.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by TWoods(m): 3:18pm On Aug 22, 2019
mbahaven:

It’s not about not being able to afford it..I just wanna know if that’s the best option out there.

Uber or airport shuttle

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Agoshine: 5:17pm On Aug 22, 2019
Please anyone with information with respect to this, kindly provide. Trying to make a decision asap. Thanks.

Agoshine:
Greetings everyone. You are all doing a great job here. Please I need the information on the earliest available interview date at Lagos for the previously denied. Thanks in anticipation.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Swerveking14: 8:32pm On Aug 22, 2019
Lizzy44544:
After 29 days of AP, my stays just changed to issued
Interview: 23rd July
Last updated: 22nd August

To those on AP, just stay positive
Damnnnnn...I'm fucking happy for u o...we wey still dey ours sef go set ijn

2 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Lizzy44544: 8:50pm On Aug 22, 2019
Swerveking14:
Damnnnnn...I'm fucking happy for u o...we wey still dey ours sef go set ijn
AMEN oooo!!!!!
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by biikeys(m): 8:51pm On Aug 22, 2019
Nenrit:
Good evening House, hope y’all are good. I have a conference to attend in the United States on 3rd November, and I have been unable to get an interview appointment before the conference date, if there is any one that can help exchange his or her interview date or an agent that can help me secure a date around 15th or 20th of October 2019, pls contact me on 080********, I am very desperate. Thanks Cc ifyalways. Twoods. Rhoybatty. Thegamingorca.

lol @bolded
You should go to the visit visa thread

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by TYglobal: 9:06pm On Aug 22, 2019
Good evening everyone . I graduated with a CGPA of 3.1/5 electrical/electronics engineering and I intend going for masters with the hope of funding. Pls is there anyone that has gotten admission and funding with a low CGPA, I just need some sort of motivation as many profile I've seen here are above 3.5 . I'm already preparing to write GRE
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Pharmz(m): 10:11pm On Aug 22, 2019
Roybhatty:

That's awesome. You GRE scores are good too. I'm just trying to understand what type o scholarships are actually present for Indian students. Do you have any idea about that. I just came to know from a scholarship blog that there are 3 types like Fellowship, Teaching A., Research A. Are there any other types of scholarships.

(1) He should have known his duties as a GTA

(2) His first few words in response must be salient.
Thank you

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Pefuele(m): 10:11pm On Aug 22, 2019
TYglobal:
Good evening everyone . I graduated with a CGPA of 3.1/5 electrical/electronics engineering and I intend going for masters with the hope of funding. Pls is there anyone that has gotten admission and funding with a low CGPA, I just need some sort of motivation as many profile I've seen here are above 3.5 . I'm already preparing to write GRE

Write GRE and do a WES Evaluation of your transcripsts.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by TYglobal: 11:16pm On Aug 22, 2019
Pefuele:

Write GRE and do a WES Evaluation of your transcripsts.

Thank you .

Please pardon my ignorance, what's the use of the Wes?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Pefuele(m): 11:26pm On Aug 22, 2019
TYglobal:

Thank you .

Please pardon my ignorance, what's the use of the Wes?

To Officially evaluate your transcripsts on a 4.0 scale,the academic scale of the US.It converts your GPA on a 5.0 scale to a 4.0 equivalent.You can then report the WES evaluation report to schools that require it with.You should report your GRE too if required.Try to ace your GRE.Also,you may want to write TOEFL to allow you apply to many schools...

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by TYglobal: 11:54pm On Aug 22, 2019
Pefuele:

To Officially evaluate your transcripsts on a 4.0 scale,the academic scale of the US.It converts your GPA on a 5.0 scale to a 4.0 equivalent.You can then report the WES evaluation report to schools that require it with.You should report your GRE too if required.Try to ace your GRE.Also,you may want to write TOEFL to allow you apply to many schools...

Thank you very much.

Please one more thing, just checked the requirements and saw waec certificate, is the waec result going to be evaluated with the degree to get a total score?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Pillyportions(f): 12:30am On Aug 23, 2019
sharwama:

ETSU, I repeat ETSU.
I wish you all the best.
thanks alot dear, let me check it out. Pls Permit me to ask, are u running a social work Program there?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by sharwama(f): 2:54am On Aug 23, 2019
Pillyportions:
thanks alot dear, let me check it out. Pls Permit me to ask, are u running a social work Program there?
Regrettably, I can't permit you to ask me that type of questiongringringrin
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Pillyportions(f): 8:19am On Aug 23, 2019
sharwama:

Regrettably, I can't permit you to ask me that type of questiongringringrin
lol. no problem dear. At least i have gotten d info i needed. Biko one last tin, someone mentioned diffculty in getting job as a foreginer with social work degree biko na true? because its quiet diff from what we are told here(that social work is among the jobs in demand). Pls should i send a pm ? Pleaaaaaaassssseeeeeee
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by martinz1: 8:32am On Aug 23, 2019
tosin18:
OK. I am looking at spring 2020. School require 27k in my sponsors acct statement. Pls how much do you advise i have in my acct
Pls which school. Is it after funding

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by flukaa: 9:21am On Aug 23, 2019
Good morning all, visa approved on 21st Aug. Transcript is coming soon.
Status changed to issued on 22nd. My school is resuming on 26th and I was told by the VO to request for extension letter if I cant get hold of my passport by Friday. I have contacted my department and my email was forwarded to the director of the international programs for the letter, but she insisted the head of my department issue it, stating that its an academic matter. The department's Graduate coordinator has issued the letter. 1.I want to know if there won't be a problem at the port of entry going with the letter from the department. 2/Who is actually responsible for the issuance of the letter.? Pls I need contributions from the experience ones here .

5 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by acebolted: 10:55am On Aug 23, 2019
mbahaven:

$59 from JFK to Connecticut or grand central? sad
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by mbahaven: 11:55am On Aug 23, 2019
acebolted:

$59 from JFK to Connecticut or grand central? sad

The 59$ is a shared van from JFK to Connecticut...i think it's gonna be about 25$ from grand central well plus the fare from jfk to grand central..so almost 40$
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by wickyyolo: 12:16pm On Aug 23, 2019
flukaa:
Status changed to issued on 22nd. My school is resuming on 26th and I was told by the VO to request for extension letter if I cant get hold of my passport by Friday. I have contacted my department and my email was forwarded to the director of the international programs for the letter, but she insisted the head of my department issue it, stating that its an academic matter. The department's Graduate coordinator has issued the letter. 1.I want to know if there won't be a problem at the port of entry going with the letter from the department. 2/Who is actually responsible for the issuance of the letter.? Pls I need contributions from the experience ones here .
Congrats bro

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Nobody: 12:37pm On Aug 23, 2019
mbahaven:

The 59$ is a shared van from JFK to Connecticut...i think it's gonna be about 25$ from grand central well plus the fare from jfk to grand central..so almost 40$

That's a good deal Sir. I don't know of a better one.
Regards

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by TeamJosh: 12:45pm On Aug 23, 2019
flukaa:

Congratulations

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Pefuele(m): 1:10pm On Aug 23, 2019
TYglobal:

Thank you very much.

Please one more thing, just checked the requirements and saw waec certificate, is the waec result going to be evaluated with the degree to get a total score?

Waec willl be evaluated differently.Your school will request that WAEC send your certificate to WES.
It is involves time.You will need to be in constant communication with your School.
After collection of your transcripsts and Waec WES will send them a message that they have received.
It should take you 2-3 months to complete if your school processes is fast.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Oguibe2nice: 1:40pm On Aug 23, 2019
TeamJosh:

Congratulations

54 days on AP.. Last updated a day after interview.. School starting on Monday (26th August).. Texas Southern University..
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by waynee2baba: 1:55pm On Aug 23, 2019
With the way things are going, I won't be surprised if academic institutions start rejecting applications from Nigerian applicants. Canada just dey deny all man visa, US dey keep people on AP for 5 years... is it a crime to be Nigerian? Na we born ourselves?

7 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by waynee2baba: 2:01pm On Aug 23, 2019
waynee2baba:
With the way things are going, I won't be surprised if academic institutions start rejecting applications from Nigerian applicants. Canada just dey deny all man visa, US dey keep people on AP for 5 years... is it a crime to be Nigerian? Na we born ourselves?

As if it hasn't started sef. Try applying for admission in any Australian university, once you put your nationality as Nigerian, you can't proceed. You'd be asked to contact an agent. An agent that would charge 200k+ to proceed.. this is bullsh*t meehn.

5 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Nobody: 2:09pm On Aug 23, 2019
Worst case is to defer to spring. I have given up

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Swerveking14: 2:25pm On Aug 23, 2019
Unstoppable100:
Worst case is to defer to spring. I have given up
Aswear....at this stage, I can't even rush the whole thing let's say I get approved on monday latest pickup day will be Wednesday...differing is the way
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Beautyaddy: 2:26pm On Aug 23, 2019
waynee2baba:

As if it hasn't started sef. Try applying for admission in any Australian university, once you put your nationality as Nigerian, you can't proceed. You'd be asked to contact an agent. An agent that would charge 200k+ to proceed.. this is bullsh*t meehn.

Lol!...Should we be blaming those countries? Capital NO!

See what our fellow Nigerians are doing here: https://www.nairaland.com/5375178/full-list-nigerians-indicted-1.1b

That alone should make any sane and very smart Country to take their very long and extra time before they approve or end up denying any Nigerian visas to their Countries. undecided

4 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Nobody: 3:45pm On Aug 23, 2019
Good day everyone, silent reader grin
Interview 22/8
Denied 29/7
Visa approved on 22/8
Visa issued on 23/8.

Deferred admission to Spring 2020 cause at the time of reapplication, there wasn’t a date in August.
No standardized test(school/course didn’t require one) or English proficiency (was waived by the school) exams taken
Window 10, Abuja US Embassy

V.o : Good morning
Me: good morning

Vo: so what’s the purpose of your trip
Me: going for my MPA at UIS(in full though)

Vo: oh forgive me, I have your i20 I dunno why I asked
Me: smiles*, that’s okay

Vo: I see your resumption is in January
Me: Yes (I wanted to explain why I had to defer and reschedule to this month but I didn’t)

Vo: so what’s your highest degree
Me: A B.L (Barrister at Law)

Vo: when was it obtained and where
Me: told him.

Vo: so how many school did you apply to
Me: 3

Vo: how many admits
Me: 2

Vo: which
Me: UIS and AU

Vo: so why this school
Me: Well My 3 top reasons for picking UIS over AU, one, the school is situate at the state capital which is the hub of policy making for the state of Illinois, which brings me to my second reason, there is a program called the Illinois legislative staff internship program which would allow me...(cuts in)

Vo: smiles* I think I understand already. So tell me, you’ve read law, why MPA now?
Me: uhmm, from my undergraduate studies till now that I am in practice, I have come to realize that it is not just enough to make or interpret laws/policies, one major problem of this process is implementation! legal skills alone are barely adequate to help solve such contemporary problem. They are so many laws/policies that are being made everyday but never implemented, for example, the national minimum wage Act which was passed into law months ago, is yet to be implemented.
(I paused to be sure he was paying me attention)

Vo: (looks at me and signaled that I carry on)
Me: A degree in MPA would help me conceptualize and interpret both existing and future laws as well as it’s implementation in accordance to risk and uncertainty. Also to help examine to what extent in devising and executing a policy affects the overall shape and impact of such policy on the categories of persons it is made for or the citizens as a whole. This is important because at the end of my program I’d like to work with the National Institute of Legislative studies, an organ of the NA, they provide the same service that the Congressional research service provides the US Congress and ...(cuts in)

Vo: smiles* I think that’s fine. How many siblings do you have? What does your older sibling do?
Me: I have 2 sisters and I am actually the first

Vo: Okay, so where does your dad work? He is sponsoring you, right?
Me: No, he is not. My uncle is.

Vo: what does he do?
Me: he is a legal practitioner and also a SAN(in full)
Vo: where does he live?
Me: ***Abuja

Vo: Okay, can I see his bank statement?
Me: yes, sure (hands it over)

Vo: (types for 5mins or less) so I’ll be giving you a conditional approval, this is because we need to verify the authenticity of the bank statement. If it is found to be fraudulent, you’d be banned from the US for life. Do you want me to go ahead?
Me: yes sure.
Vo: (hands me the white paper and a white slip) congratulations....I can’t remember exactly what he said after that.

Thank you to everyone who contributes to the platform by dropping their transcripts, helping to answer questions, to help others with proposed transcripts, encouraging others etc, God bless you.
Sharwama, LagosismyHome, Time2win, Brown2Green I remember these names because I always look forward to reading their inputs and very detailed responses. God bless you all. God did it!

22 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) ... (236) (237) (238) (239) (240) (241) (242) ... (779)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? / Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.