Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,545 members, 7,809,005 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 08:59 PM

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 - Travel (275) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (1355768 Views)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (272) (273) (274) (275) (276) (277) (278) ... (779) (Go Down)

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Bioles1187(m): 11:46pm On Oct 16, 2019
Hello house...
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Gracilicutes: 3:56am On Oct 17, 2019
hello house
please I have been having great issue in paying for my GRE exam, each time I try paying with my Visa card is will be saying my card did not match with the appropriate option I have selected, please I don't understand am so confused
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by IMUSTgoToUSthis: 7:32am On Oct 17, 2019
If you are certain all your documents are legit, ESPECIALLY your SOA, just relax and get something to busy yourself about. Mine is more than 35days now. Have written them, said I be patient grin. Yours may not be this long since Spring session is already here. Don't forget to write your school on the developments.

Success outcomes!

Phocusjosh:
Yes, she only took my I20, passport, receipt for SEVIS payment and visa confirmation letter.

The interview was really short and it was approved. It’s one week already but still “administrative processing”.

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by clapper04: 8:17am On Oct 17, 2019
fairheart:
This group remind me of life and its transitory phase. I see that most of the active users are not those heavily here last Fall.
I bump unto the thread and wanted to say Hello.
The visa approval rate will remain here. Do your homework and go get the F1.

God bless everyone. smiley
He's back!!!

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by kemade14: 9:35am On Oct 17, 2019
Evkunle:

We have a track record of success, we have undoubtable proofs. Don't pay yet, call first.

For more information on exam registration, training, joining whatsapp/telegram study group, application to schools, Permanent Residence, access to study materials and Work permit, please visit https://www.mcfedututors.com or WhatsApp 08132765285.
GRE 45K IELTS 75K TOEFL 40K GMAT 100K, SAT 55K
Okay but the number you gave is switched off.

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by solihp(f): 11:01am On Oct 17, 2019
Mfondara:
Hello House,

Please is it advisable to convert money in my Naira account to USD and lodge it in Dollar account then print the Dollar account for proof of fund?

Please note that the Dollar account doesn't have too many transaction history (maybe less than ten transactions) vs my naira account with lots of inward and outward flow.

Kindly advise.

Hello, you don't have to convert the money to dollars. The naira account would work just fine
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Swerveking14: 11:17am On Oct 17, 2019
solihp:
My travel experience

I got to the US on Monday the 12th, my flight was for 1am so I got to the airport around 9:30pm, I weighed my bags before check in started and it was around 23.8 and 25.2kg, so I just reschuffled everything, wore one winter jacket and tied two more cardigans around my waist all through the journey, grin.

When check in started, my checked in bags weighed around 24.4, 24.5 thereabout and carryon bag 10kg exactly, I also had a laptop bag that wasn't weighed cause I am entitled to a laptop bag, the lady asked why so many loads, I told her I was a student, bla bla.

We went through all those screenings, removing your shoes, your laptop, your jacket and all that, custom, etc. We sat down for some minutes, the flight was a bit late but boarding finally started, it was a not so big plane that took us to Casablanca, there was about 1hr30mins layover to change to a bigger plane, we went through the same process of removing shoes and all that.

We boarded the plane and we were off to New York, we got to JFK around 11am New York time.

My POE experience was straight forward, I passed my passport and i20, he asked where I was going, I told him GSU, he asked for what, I said for my Masters in Mathematics, he said waoh. He tried pronouncing my first name, so I pronounced it for him like 3 times before he got it.

He asked the amount of cash I had with me, I told him, he asked if I had cigarette, and one other thing, I said no, he asked if there was anything I would like to declare today, I said none. He stamped me in, I did my thumbprinting and he took my picture.

I went to obtain a trolley, claimed my baggages. Ooh I forgot to mention that the airline I took from Nigeria offered to check in my carryon bag and I agreed, so I had only my school bag with me on the plane.

I went to check in my bag at the domestic airline desk, I paid for the 2 checked in bags, took train to terminal 4, I had to stay on a lonnnng queue to be screened, same pulling of shoes, jacket process, walked all the way to my boarding gate, sat down for some minutes, it was announced that they needed 30 volunteers to check in their carry on bags, I took my bag there to be tagged and dropped it off when entering the plane, so I had just my school bag with me on the plane once again.

Got to Atlanta around 6pm local time, walked to baggage claim, waited for all my bags, they were all intact, took them and went outside to be faced with the hot summer weather.

The end grin
PS: Take a jacket with you on the plane if you usually get cold like me.
which airline did u fly

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by juliouze: 11:32am On Oct 17, 2019
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by 4gunners(m): 11:45am On Oct 17, 2019
This is my prepared transcript. I need your observations and suggestions..

V.O - Where are you going?
Me – I’m going to US for my Masters in Civil Engineering with concentration in Structural Engineering at University of South Florida
V.O - Why are you going for MSc in Civil Engineering?
Me – I really want to become an expert in structural engineering. Having studied Civil engineering in my undergraduate studies, we were exposed just to all the branches of civil engineering but not indepth. Msc in civil engineering will give me advance knowledge in my area specialization which is structural engineering.
V.O – Why masters in U.S and not in Nigeria?
Me – Masters in U.S will not only avail me the opportunity to have sound mix of practical and theoretical knowledge but will also enable me to have international exposure which will give me a competitive edge towards working with multinational oil companies like shell, Exxonmobile
V.O – How many schools did you apply to and how many admit?
Me – 4. I got admit in Michigan Tech Houghton, University of Arkansas - Fayetteville, USF - Tampa and UNH- West Haven Connecticut. But reject from UW seattle and WSU - pullman
V.O - How did you get to know about these schools?
Me – I made use of online portal like thegradcafe, msinus.com, and google to look at schools that matched my profile. I looked at the research interest of the faculty members in my program at the schools and use that to streamline the schools I applied to.
V.O – Why USF?
Me – I chose USF over others because of three major reasons: 1. The weather in Tampa FL is tropical which would be very easy for me to adjust to 2. I’ve been interacting with Prof. Qing who is keen on accepting me to the Green lab where I will researching on greener alternatives to cement- a very important material in the construction industry. This will be a sort of continuation of my undergraduate project, which makes the decision to choose USF easier for me 3. My dept has corrosion laboratory which is one of the very few in US, which will help to determine the durability of greener cement I’ll be working on.
V.O – What are your study plans
Me – I have to complete a total minimum of 30 credit hours which consist of 24 credit hours of coursework and 6 credit hours of thesis. I’ll be taken courses like advanced concrete design, prestressed concrete, advanced structural mechanics, structural dynamics, advanced finite element
V.O – What year did you graduate and what have you been doing since then?
Me – I graduated in Septemeber, 2017. I did my National youth service between November 2017 and Novemebr 2019. I started working in Granny ventures Limited as Facilitity Engineer from January 20019 till this moment.
V.O – Who will be sponsoring your trip?
Me - My uncle
V.O – What does he do?
Me – He is a senior officer in judiciary
V.O – Why does he want to sponsor you
Me – He has always been impressed with my academic performance right from my secondary school days and promised to finance my graduate studies if I could do well in my undergraduate studies, which I did.
V.O – What will this degree do for you.
Me –Upon graduation and completion of my Masters program, I will be highly proficient and skilled in the advanced analysis and design of structures under both conventional and unconventional load which will give me leverage in the oil and gas sector as oil companies like shell and Exxon mobil are continually seeking structural engineering for the design and maintenance of their platforms. On the longer term, I will like to start my own consulting firm, which will focus on providing engineering consulting services in the oil and gas industry.
V.O – I’ll be approving you visa
Me – Thanks.

Cc: fairheart lagosismyhome. I need input of everyone.

7 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Rik500k(m): 4:01pm On Oct 17, 2019
Ain
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Rik500k(m): 4:03pm On Oct 17, 2019
Ain
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by lemine: 5:24pm On Oct 17, 2019
I have been schedule for and interview by the end of this month, Please I will like to know what are the possible questions they will ask me during my interview, my line is 0816020303837 for wahtsapp

dwilliams707:

Thank you,My school resumes Aug 16th,is it advisable I reschedule my last slot to that date or still wait ?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by lemine: 5:27pm On Oct 17, 2019
GUS has schedule for an interview with by the end of month, please I will like to know what are the possible questions they will ask me during my interview, my line is 0816020303837 for wahtsapp

lexychuks:

August 28 is showing instead
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by fairheart(m): 9:14pm On Oct 17, 2019
grin grin For my Spring people. Yes!
clapper04:

He's back!!!

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by fairheart(m): 9:18pm On Oct 17, 2019
You need to ask questions if you need guideline on how to make the best of your application. Suggesting people should pm you tantamount to saying people are here for you. You are here for yourself, and to be helped. If you don't understand any part of the process--from finding school to preparing for the F1 visa interview--ask questions here.
Best of luck!
Rik500k:
UG aspirants in this thread are always quiet, this is not how it is in other threads now. abeg any UG aspirant(s) in this thread should pm me, with our different ideas, researches and study we can make a strong application angry

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by fairheart(m): 9:19pm On Oct 17, 2019
For possible questions, read this thread backward. Review transcript of students with similar category of visa application you're going for. If you have additional questions, ask specifically.
lemine:
GUS has schedule for an interview with by the end of month, please I will like to know what are the possible questions they will ask me during my interview, my line is 0816020303837 for wahtsapp

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by fairheart(m): 9:21pm On Oct 17, 2019
Hey, you still come here. Very nice!
solihp:

Hello, you don't have to convert the money to dollars. The naira account would work just fine
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by oluezekiel(m): 10:13pm On Oct 17, 2019
Is USF funding you or you just don't care about the financial burden? MTU and USF categorically said they don't fund MS. program (Electrical engineering), but you can push for funding at Arkansas.
I don't know your financial capabilities, but I just feel like dropping this. It's not easy coping without funding for the entire program, you know.

4gunners:
This is my prepared transcript. I need your observations and suggestions..

V.O - Where are you going?
Me – I’m going to US for my Masters in Civil Engineering with concentration in Structural Engineering at University of South Florida
V.O - Why are you going for MSc in Civil Engineering?
Me – I really want to become an expert in structural engineering. Having studied Civil engineering in my undergraduate studies, we were exposed just to all the branches of civil engineering but not indepth. Msc in civil engineering will give me advance knowledge in my area specialization which is structural engineering.
V.O – Why masters in U.S and not in Nigeria?
Me – Masters in U.S will not only avail me the opportunity to have sound mix of practical and theoretical knowledge but will also enable me to have international exposure which will give me a competitive edge towards working with multinational oil companies like shell, Exxonmobile
V.O – How many schools did you apply to and how many admit?
Me – 4. I got admit in Michigan Tech Houghton, University of Arkansas - Fayetteville, USF - Tampa and UNH- West Haven Connecticut. But reject from UW seattle and WSU - pullman
V.O - How did you get to know about these schools?
Me – I made use of online portal like thegradcafe, msinus.com, and google to look at schools that matched my profile. I looked at the research interest of the faculty members in my program at the schools and use that to streamline the schools I applied to.
V.O – Why USF?
Me – I chose USF over others because of three major reasons: 1. The weather in Tampa FL is tropical which would be very easy for me to adjust to 2. I’ve been interacting with Prof. Qing who is keen on accepting me to the Green lab where I will researching on greener alternatives to cement- a very important material in the construction industry. This will be a sort of continuation of my undergraduate project, which makes the decision to choose USF easier for me 3. My dept has corrosion laboratory which is one of the very few in US, which will help to determine the durability of greener cement I’ll be working on.
V.O – What are your study plans
Me – I have to complete a total minimum of 30 credit hours which consist of 24 credit hours of coursework and 6 credit hours of thesis. I’ll be taken courses like advanced concrete design, prestressed concrete, advanced structural mechanics, structural dynamics, advanced finite element
V.O – What year did you graduate and what have you been doing since then?
Me – I graduated in Septemeber, 2017. I did my National youth service between November 2017 and Novemebr 2019. I started working in Granny ventures Limited as Facilitity Engineer from January 20019 till this moment.
V.O – Who will be sponsoring your trip?
Me - My uncle
V.O – What does he do?
Me – He is a senior officer in judiciary
V.O – Why does he want to sponsor you
Me – He has always been impressed with my academic performance right from my secondary school days and promised to finance my graduate studies if I could do well in my undergraduate studies, which I did.
V.O – What will this degree do for you.
Me –Upon graduation and completion of my Masters program, I will be highly proficient and skilled in the advanced analysis and design of structures under both conventional and unconventional load which will give me leverage in the oil and gas sector as oil companies like shell and Exxon mobil are continually seeking structural engineering for the design and maintenance of their platforms. On the longer term, I will like to start my own consulting firm, which will focus on providing engineering consulting services in the oil and gas industry.
V.O – I’ll be approving you visa
Me – Thanks.

Cc: fairheart lagosismyhome. I need input of everyone.

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Rik500k(m): 10:16pm On Oct 17, 2019
fairheart:
You need to ask questions if you need guideline on how to make the best of your application. Suggesting people should pm you tantamount to saying people are here for you. You are here for yourself, and to be helped. If you don't understand any part of the process--from finding school to preparing for the F1 visa interview--ask questions here.
Best of luck!
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by solihp(f): 3:31am On Oct 18, 2019
Swerveking14:
which airline did u fly

Airmaroc and delta air
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by solihp(f): 3:32am On Oct 18, 2019
fairheart:
Hey, you still come here. Very nice!

Yes o, I do
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by amos4real(m): 4:37am On Oct 18, 2019
amos4real:
Good afternoon everyone. and weldone. I appreciate everyone contributions to this platform, your informations are wonderful. congratulations to those that have gotten their visas and I wish those of us waiting and hoping for good news God will surely do it.
Plz I want to ask a question and I need a direct answer and way to go about it.
my passport will expire next year April 2020. Though I think I can only renew the passport when is 6 months or less to the expiry date.
presently I have 8 months to the expiry date .
I wish to go for my student Visa interview by October 2019 because I'm to resume class by January 2019 I want to do that on time
I'm considering the possibility of seeing a date earlier. that why I want to choose October.
so, if I choose October can I use my present passport? that will be 6 months and some weeks to the expiry date.
I don't know if I can do that .
please what do you think I should do?
shld I wait till November to renew the passport before applying and what is the possibility of seeing a date around this year again.
I will appreciate your responses.
thank you and God bless.

I appreciate everyone contributions on this
"Questions "

Have renew my passport, I use two weeks to do that. Success stories awaits everyone in Jesus name Amen.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Deegayes: 11:15am On Oct 18, 2019
I thought that this might help someone.
I came here sometime last month lamenting about WES because of the waec thing and the delays, there was someone here who had been waiting for over two months for WES.

Well, I ended up using GCE and even though their website says 10-15 working days for no rush service, i ended up getting my report in 5 working days without paying for rush service. It cost me about 68k as compared to 90 something K by WES.

Now the only coma is, unlike WES, GCE marked down my GP. For everywhere that University of Ilorin left blank because we were not awarded grades for industrial trainings, GCE gave me an F so they gave like 3 Fs in all 3 unit Industrial training courses instead of leaving it blank angry

I was given a gpa of 2.86 which isn't bad but compared to my 2.1 cgpa , i was furious. They already had it shipped to the school and it is still okay to get me an admission but i will reach out to them for a review if its possible.

So if you are stuck in making decisions , this might help you especially now that WES has cancelled Waec ( It was cancelled couple of days after i paid for GCE sadly)
If you have a low Cgpa , Use WES
If you have limited time frame then you could consider other options.

11 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by PtBlank: 11:51am On Oct 18, 2019
Good morning nairaland,

I sent someone to the bank to help pay my visa application fee. When he sent me the receipt, I noticed that there was an error on my passport number. It starts with A0 but AD was typed on the receipt, every other detail was correct. So I told my friend to go back and show them the error.

The lady who issued the receipt at the bank acknowledged it was her error and apologised, however, she said another receipt cannot be issued and insisted that the error doesn't matter and that there have been cases like that with no issues. According to her, the most important thing is the receipt number which I need to book an appointment. Has anyone had this kind of experience before? Is she correct?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Pepperoni001: 11:54am On Oct 18, 2019
I work in a bank, the most important thing is the receipt number like she said.

Cheers

PtBlank:
Good morning nairaland,

I sent someone to the bank to help pay my visa application fee. When he sent me the receipt, I noticed that there was an error on my passport number. It starts with A0 but AD was typed on the receipt, every other detail was correct. So I told my friend to go back and show them the error.

The lady who issued the receipt at the bank acknowledged it was her error and apologised, however, she said another receipt cannot be issued and insisted that the error doesn't matter and that there have been cases like that with no issues. According to her, the most important thing is the receipt number which I need to book an appointment. Has anyone had this kind of experience before? Is she correct?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by fairheart(m): 12:09pm On Oct 18, 2019
Okay. PM me and let's talk.
Rik500k:
Baba i dobale o, sorry my use of english is bad, what i meant to communicate is that, any aspiring UG should pm me (more like signify) let's know how to join heads together, to crack the SAT, scholarships and all that. glad you still spare time to come here
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by fairheart(m): 12:12pm On Oct 18, 2019
Hello guys, my sister is trying to evaluate her transcript and we're looking at the best and fatest. Has anyone here used ECE? How long did it and how many days did it take to verify the transcript from the school in Nigeria. Thanks!

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by waleski(m): 12:23pm On Oct 18, 2019
Evkunle:

We have a track record of success, we have undoubtable proofs. Don't pay yet, call first.

For more information on exam registration, training, joining whatsapp/telegram study group, application to schools, Permanent Residence, access to study materials and Work permit, please visit https://www.mcfedututors.com or WhatsApp 08132765285.
GRE 45K IELTS 75K TOEFL 40K GMAT 100K, SAT 55K

Your lines are not going for a week, is that how you will do when it’s time to do business?

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Phocusjosh(m): 1:16pm On Oct 18, 2019
Many thanks for your kind words. I got my passport back yesterday and visa issued. Wish you speedy and successful feedback.

IMUSTgoToUSthis:
If you are certain all your documents are legit, ESPECIALLY your SOA, just relax and get something to busy yourself about. Mine is more than 35days now. Have written them, said I be patient grin. Yours may not be this long since Spring session is already here. Don't forget to write your school on the developments.

Success outcomes!

4 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Swerveking14: 1:18pm On Oct 18, 2019
Phocusjosh:
Many thanks for your kind words. I got my passport back yesterday and visa issued. Wish you speedy and successful feedback.

congratulations
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Bhb14: 1:20pm On Oct 18, 2019
Phocusjosh:

Congrats on this and i tap into this, my interview next month.

(1) (2) (3) ... (272) (273) (274) (275) (276) (277) (278) ... (779)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? / Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport

Viewing this topic: gok1979 and 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.