Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,538 members, 7,808,984 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 08:29 PM

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 - Travel (285) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (1355759 Views)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (282) (283) (284) (285) (286) (287) (288) ... (779) (Go Down)

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Suntory: 8:05pm On Oct 30, 2019
Will they also require any form of ID?

Swerveking14:
The white slips you were given... although they wouldn't ask for it shaaa
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Pefuele(m): 8:11pm On Oct 30, 2019
greyoyy:
Please does anyone know if it is advisable to apply for a US student visa for the 2nd time but to a different school...thank you for a prompt response.

Yeap,if the school is more credible and will offer you more . That makes your profile more competitive.But let your course be the same.

2 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Pefuele(m): 8:22pm On Oct 30, 2019
Suntory:
Visa Approved.

This thread has been so helpful. Had to sign up today to give back to the thread.

I'll drop my transcript once I get my passport.

Congrats.Did you pay the reciprocity fee after Interview?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by vinomoe: 8:50pm On Oct 30, 2019
Thank you..so that means I can request for I-20 from 2 different schools for this next year spring?
Pefuele:

Yeap,if you request for both. I had two i-20 last fall/summer.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by adeyesam: 8:56pm On Oct 30, 2019
segunbolawole:
I hope your question has been answered.

Meanwhile can I chat you privately?

I've got only one major response and I'll appreciate more. Please go ahead.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Pefuele(m): 9:09pm On Oct 30, 2019
vinomoe:
Thank you..so that means I can request for I-20 from 2 different schools for this next year spring?

Yeap, but you only need one for your F1 Visa Interview.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Yomiad197: 10:13pm On Oct 30, 2019
Guys please i need your help. What are the likely questions i might be ask in a visa interview and the course i applied for is COMPUTER SCIENCE.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Suntory: 10:55pm On Oct 30, 2019
Yes, I did.

I had my debit card with me, so I just withdrew there in the interview hall and paid cash.

Pefuele:

Congrats.Did you pay the reciprocity fee after Interview?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Swerveking14: 11:11pm On Oct 30, 2019
Suntory:
Will they also require any form of ID?

When I went to get mine nothing was asked.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Gospelozy(f): 12:51am On Oct 31, 2019
4gunners:
No

I appreciate love grin
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Elijah348(m): 2:06am On Oct 31, 2019
Dremca:
If actually you have this SAT score, apply to Southern Illinois University Edwardsville's Meridian scholarship. It offer full ride that covers tuition, housing and board. You can do their interview via Skype if chosen as a finalists which I believe with your score, you will be chosen. Application deadline is December 1st, so the earlier you apply, the better. https://www.siue.edu/undergraduate/direct-entry-meridian/meridian-scholars-program.shtml

Bro/sir
Where can I get more of these full funded links, I would be writing my sat next Jan BGG... And would need all the help I can get. Thanks.

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by natwhite: 6:09am On Oct 31, 2019
I've been teaching in Nigeria for over 3 years since I returned from Malaysia. I got my bsc. in accounting there. I got an I-20 for a msc in educational leadership. I lived in Malaysia for 4 years and did not overstay my visa, but my masters is different from my bsc. Please, how do you guage my chances?

Ps: I currently work as a staff supervisor in a school.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Millzpappi: 7:47am On Oct 31, 2019
Please I saw something here like reciprocity fee
Please I need to know about it I’m having my interview on Wednesday
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Millzpappi: 9:04am On Oct 31, 2019
Good morning please I have my interview on Wednesday
I was given admission to study business administration in Troy university Alabama
I had band 7 in my ielts exams
My admission came with a 50% scholarship
Please tell me things I need to know
This is my second time going
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Tboy0007: 9:49am On Oct 31, 2019
Good morning everyone, Please I dropped my proposed transcript earlier for help and till now no assistance PLEASE
I will do so again, Please help a brother in need too. Congratulations to those who got it positive in their interview.

My proposed Transcript

VO:Good morning
Me:Good morning Sir/Ma

VO:Have you ever applied for a Visa?
Me:No I have not

VO:Have you ever travelled
Me:No, I have had no reason to untill now.

VO:Why study in the US and not Nigeria or Canada?
Me:The US has best educational system based on quality and practice and has constantly upgraded her educational system to fit global requirements. Which is great for my intended course of study. I chose the US because i have always wanted to diversify with several cultures which US has, with various people studying from various parts of the world. Therefore, going for my masters in the US will give me a competitive edge in terms of skills gained that I can reapply upon my return to Nigeria.

VO:What is the name of the school you applied to?

Me:WIU
VO:Did you apply to any other schools?
Me:Yes, Texas University of technology and Wisconsin whitewater's

VO: Why WIU?
Me:The University offers excellent research opportunities which tallies with my interest with good student to faculty ratio. Also the university has an accelerated 3 semester per academic year, which permits me to quicky complete my studies and upon my return to Nigeria resume a role with the federal ministry of education.
VO:How did you hear of the school?
Me:I researched on academic websites such as us news,princeton reviews, Niches and I streamedlined my search based on my area of research interest.

VO:What do you know about the school?
Me:The university offers both undergraduate and post graduate studies, characterised by innovative teaching, research and Services. It has 2 major campus in Macomb and Quard-cities.

VO:What program will major in and why?
Me:Master in political science, this is because the course will help deepen my knowledge & understanding of one of the most powerful forces operating on people, communities and cooperation, which this knowledge would be of great value to every citizens of it's country. Also cause have a bright opportunity of working in Federal Ministry of education.

VO:How will the degree help you?
Me:The degree will afford me world class technical and analytical skills required in transferring knowledge, governances and policy making. It will also enable me develop critical thinking skills related to the ability to analyse and profer future policies.With my master in PS I will be able to contribute my quota to the effective planning and execution of policies to the failing educational system in Nigeria.

VO:What was your undergraduate course of study and why are you changing to PS?
Me: Business Education, I made a switch because the course will help me have a better understanding of how government operates and interact, the impacts of government policies on economic stability and growth.

VO: What are your study plan and plan after your degree?
Me:I am required to complete 36credit units in 24months, This comprises of 30credit work & 6 credit electives.some of my course includes Public Policy Analysis and Program Evaluation,Public Administration, Public Policy Analysis and Bureaucracy and Administrative Law and Politics. Upon my graduation, I will return to Nigeria, apply to University as a lecturer and also consult for the government on policy making.

VO:Who will be sponsoring you?

Me:My aunty and my family
VO:what does she do ?
Me:she is a successful business woman, she own a company that deals with importation of computer & other technology accessories in Lagos and Owerri. She also the duputy managing director of a real estate company.

VO: what is your relationship with her and why she paying?
Me:she is my aunty from my dad's family , She has always been interested in my academic performance right from my secondary school through my undergraduate degree and promised; if i have a minimum of second class upper, she would sponsor me through my second degree.

VO: Where would you be staying while you studying?
Me:I will be residing on campus.

Positive VO remark: I will be approving your Visa
Me: Thanks
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Lexmane(m): 9:49am On Oct 31, 2019
Good Morning Everyone.

I am very happy I found this thread because to be honest I have been afraid and confused and hopeless, all these while.

Ok, so i gradauted with a Second class Lowe In Economics from OAU but I will like to pursue my Msc/MA in Economics/Finance in the USA by next year.

I do know i will have to write GRE and TOEFL and all but i still need guidance on the kind of schools to chose to study in

sad fact about me: I am obviously from a humble background so i need tips on which schools i can apply for that can perhaps give me some tuition waiver opportunities whilst i work as graduate assistant

Thanks to you all, in advance
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by jayzen(f): 9:54am On Oct 31, 2019
Very nice..
Did you do a WES evaluation for transcript? I'm also applying to this university. Did you get fundings too? Pls I'll appreciate your response.
Tboy0007:
Good morning everyone, Please I dropped my proposed transcript earlier for help and till now no assistance PLEASE
I will do so again, Please help a brother in need too. Congratulations to those who got it positive in their interview.

My proposed Transcript

VO:Good morning
Me:Good morning Sir/Ma

VO:Have you ever applied for a Visa?
Me:No I have not

VO:Have you ever travelled
Me:No, I have had no reason to untill now.

VO:Why study in the US and not Nigeria or Canada?
Me:The US has best educational system based on quality and practice and has constantly upgraded her educational system to fit global requirements. Which is great for my intended course of study. I chose the US because i have always wanted to diversify with several cultures which US has, with various people studying from various parts of the world. Therefore, going for my masters in the US will give me a competitive edge in terms of skills gained that I can reapply upon my return to Nigeria.

VO:What is the name of the school you applied to?

Me:WIU
VO:Did you apply to any other schools?
Me:Yes, Texas University of technology and Wisconsin whitewater's

VO: Why WIU?
Me:The University offers excellent research opportunities which tallies with my interest with good student to faculty ratio. Also the university has an accelerated 3 semester per academic year, which permits me to quicky complete my studies and upon my return to Nigeria resume a role with the federal ministry of education.
VO:How did you hear of the school?
Me:I researched on academic websites such as us news,princeton reviews, Niches and I streamedlined my search based on my area of research interest.

VO:What do you know about the school?
Me:The university offers both undergraduate and post graduate studies, characterised by innovative teaching, research and Services. It has 2 major campus in Macomb and Quard-cities.

VO:What program will major in and why?
Me:Master in political science, this is because the course will help deepen my knowledge & understanding of one of the most powerful forces operating on people, communities and cooperation, which this knowledge would be of great value to every citizens of it's country. Also cause have a bright opportunity of working in Federal Ministry of education.

VO:How will the degree help you?
Me:The degree will afford me world class technical and analytical skills required in transferring knowledge, governances and policy making. It will also enable me develop critical thinking skills related to the ability to analyse and profer future policies.With my master in PS I will be able to contribute my quota to the effective planning and execution of policies to the failing educational system in Nigeria.

VO:What was your undergraduate course of study and why are you changing to PS?
Me: Business Education, I made a switch because the course will help me have a better understanding of how government operates and interact, the impacts of government policies on economic stability and growth.

VO: What are your study plan and plan after your degree?
Me:I am required to complete 36credit units in 24months, This comprises of 30credit work & 6 credit electives.some of my course includes Public Policy Analysis and Program Evaluation,Public Administration, Public Policy Analysis and Bureaucracy and Administrative Law and Politics. Upon my graduation, I will return to Nigeria, apply to University as a lecturer and also consult for the government on policy making.

VO:Who will be sponsoring you?

Me:My aunty and my family
VO:what does she do ?
Me:she is a successful business woman, she own a company that deals with importation of computer & other technology accessories in Lagos and Owerri. She also the duputy managing director of a real estate company.

VO: what is your relationship with her and why she paying?
Me:she is my aunty from my dad's family , She has always been interested in my academic performance right from my secondary school through my undergraduate degree and promised; if i have a minimum of second class upper, she would sponsor me through my second degree.

VO: Where would you be staying while you studying?
Me:I will be residing on campus.

Positive VO remark: I will be approving your Visa
Me: Thanks
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Millzpappi: 10:14am On Oct 31, 2019
Millzpappi:
Please I need an answer
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Millzpappi: 10:14am On Oct 31, 2019
Millzpappi:
Good morning please I have my interview on Wednesday
I was given admission to study business administration in Troy university Alabama
I had band 7 in my ielts exams
My admission came with a 50% scholarship
Please tell me things I need to know
This is my second time going
Please answers
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by LagosismyHome(f): 10:51am On Oct 31, 2019
Millzpappi:

Next time used the search button ontop, it will bring up any old post regarding the search word and if you had you would have seen comments such as

chima1978:

It was in Lagos and the reciprocity fee is N40,700.

ultimatebas:

Make sure you go with the exact amount because you can wait hours for your change which you must collect. Because the U.S embassy doesn't need your change

chima1978:

No, they accept only cash and try having the exact amount cause they have issue with change.

2 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Pefuele(m): 11:16am On Oct 31, 2019
Suntory:
Yes, I did.

I had my debit card with me, so I just withdrew there in the interview hall and paid cash.

Oh! Okay...
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by dhrogbar9: 11:47am On Oct 31, 2019
LagosismyHome:

Next time used the search button ontop, it will bring up any old post regarding the search word and if you had you would have seen comments such as

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by effyzzy: 1:05pm On Oct 31, 2019
Visa Approved || Passport collected
Venue: Abuja

Very calm place... Didn't have the usual Lagos rush.
Did the usual checks and biometrics.
I was asked to go retake a passport though... they needed something within the last 6 months. (2k just went like that)

Fast forward to my interview.
A woman in her late 40s. Very calm and friendly.

VO: So you're going to the University of New Mexico
ME: Yes, in Albuquerque
VO: How did you find out about the school?
ME: I did an online research using USnews and Princeton Review on schools offering Electrical Engineering with Communications as a Research area and a faculty with a strong Focus in my area of research interest which is 'Cognitive Radios'
VO: Cog what??
ME: Cognitive Radios
VO: what's that? I've never heard of it (laughing)
ME: Explains what 'cognitive radio' is
VO: Your school is expensive
ME: Yes ma, but I got a graduate assistantship position that fully covers my tution, with very generous monthly stipends
VO: Do you have any document from the school that shows this?
ME: Brings out my Admission letter
VO: They wrote here that it's just for one academic year
ME: Yes ma, it's renewable if I maintain a particular GPA level
VO: in case you lose your funding, do you have support from home?
ME: Yes, My cousin offered to support me in such a case
VO: What does he do?
ME: He's the head of blah blah at blah blah
VO: What about your family?
ME: Yes, my family would be supporting me as well
VO: What do they do?
ME: Explains
VO: Okay, (then types for like 30 seconds, the next thing I saw was that cute white paper) ...'I will be approving your VISA' was all I heard
ME: Thank you ma
VO: Hold on... In a case where you lose your source of funding, what will you do?
ME: I will come back to my country immediately
VO: When does your program start?
ME: January
VO: Make sure you don't arrive before Dec... Or you'll be turned back at the POE
ME: Alright ma, thank you
VO: Good. Take this... Do you have cash for your repository fees?
ME: No ma, but I have my card
(I proceeded to the ATM, made a withdrawal and paid)

Grateful for this thread, as it was very helpful in my preparation. Goodluck to everyone and see you in Trumpland.

GOD ALONE BE PRAISED!!!

26 Likes 4 Shares

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by clapper04: 1:18pm On Oct 31, 2019
Congratulations. Best of luck in your endeavors in trumpland
effyzzy:
Visa Approved || Passport collected

I was asked to go retake a passport though... they needed something within the last 6 months. (2k just went like that)

ME: I did an online research using USnews and Princeton Review on schools offering Electrical Engineering with Communications as a Research area and a faculty with a strong Focus in my area of research interest which is 'Cognitive Radios'
ME: Yes ma, but I got a graduate assistantship position that fully covers my tution, with very generous monthly stipends
VO: Okay, (then types for like 30 seconds, the next thing I saw was that cute white paper) ...'I will be approving your VISA' was all I heard
VO: Hold on... In a case where you lose your source of funding, what will you do?
VO: Make sure you don't arrive before Dec... Or you'll be turned back at the POE

Grateful for this thread, as it was very helpful in my preparation. Goodluck to everyone and see you in Trumpland.

GOD ALONE BE PRAISED!!!
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Sefa2018: 1:32pm On Oct 31, 2019
[quote author=effyzzy post=83624372]Visa Approved || Passport collected

GOD ALONE BE PRAISED!!![/quote

Congrats. Did u write any exams?

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Nobody: 1:44pm On Oct 31, 2019
Hello, please when is the earliest possible time to apply for visa for Fall 2020 resumption?

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by effyzzy: 2:00pm On Oct 31, 2019
Yes, I did.

GRE and TOEFL

[quote author=Sefa2018 post=83625255][/quote]
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Sefa2018: 2:06pm On Oct 31, 2019
effyzzy:
Yes, I did.

GRE and TOEFL

Thanks for getting back. I have a cousin applying to same school, EEng as well with a score of 299. Does he need to rewrite for funding?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by clapper04: 3:09pm On Oct 31, 2019
rasheedtobi:
Hello, please when is the earliest possible time to apply for visa for Fall 2020 resumption?

Visa for Fall 2020? well, the moment you get the I-20 from your preferred school.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by 4gunners(m): 3:11pm On Oct 31, 2019
clapper04:

Visa for Fall 2020? well, the moment you get the I-20 from your preferred school.
No. I think it's about 120days before the start of ones program.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by IMUSTgoToUSthis: 3:22pm On Oct 31, 2019
55-DAYS exactly today in AP! The wait is bloodsapping embarassed. Have written twice to them, response is still ".....still on AP, appreciate your patience,.....". What else should I just do now cry?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (282) (283) (284) (285) (286) (287) (288) ... (779)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? / Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 102
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.