Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,590 members, 7,809,135 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 12:52 AM

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 - Travel (289) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (1355860 Views)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (286) (287) (288) (289) (290) (291) (292) ... (779) (Go Down)

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Gracilicutes: 10:39am On Nov 04, 2019
Onyedika11:
Good Morning all, Please I need help on choosing a good University for my profile. I am going for a PhD in Immunology and infectious diseases.
GRE Score: 301
GPA 3.93
WES unofficial: 3.41
Bachelor of Pharmacy Degree
I have already picked Tulane and University of Notre Dame.
NB: most schools have dropped GRE requirements for biomedical Sciences.
Thank you everyone!
am planning to pursue dsame carrier, do da give full funding I mean DOS school u choose for PhD
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Nobody: 11:01am On Nov 04, 2019
Good morning please I need your advice,I was denied my visa at the embassy this morning

He requested for my I-20 and passport

ques1:Why are you going for masters I said that am on of been promoted in the company as the corporate consultant and I also want to enhance my skills and knowledge as I have experience in sales and marketing and I want to boost my skills,he further looked at my passport and asked why didn't dubia stamp my exist and stamped only arrival ,I was shocked by the question but I said when I was leaving it wasn't stamped but it was stamped at the airport upon my return he said at where I said in Lagos.
ques 2:he asked how long i spent there i said 1 week he said am I sure I said yes and further said it was 5working days although I went Jun 28 and left July 5th 2019.
quest:Did you take any test,I said yes what's the score 272
quest 3:He said is my company willing to allow me leave for 2years I said yes he asked how long have i been working there I told him I started working in 2015 he said is it the company that want to sponsor me I said no but my father he said what does he do I told him he has his company he works for ministry of housing as a contractor and a supplier of solar panel he requested for the bank statement which I gave to him although the bank statement is for 4 pages but my dad had money inside although my brother in USA sent 5million to the account last week with his name the guy checked the first page,2nd,3rd,last and 1st page again before typing plenty and giving me the green slip....i just didn't know where I went wrong although I have applied for visit visa 2years ago i don't know where I went wrong,should I reapply? am confused.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Legit215(m): 11:10am On Nov 04, 2019
1. I used FEDEX international priority and received my I20 in exactly 3 business days.
2. When I booked appointment last week there where dates available from 4th that's today till January. Note this Abuja.
Hope this helps thanks.
arcTY:
good evening house
please i just gained admission for spring 2020 in north carolina agricultural and technical state university.
1 how does it take for form I-20 to be ready and courier to Nigeria because it is over 3weeks that i was given admission and im yet to receive the form I-20?
2 Also if i apply for visa this week, is it possible to get an appointment before nov15?
3 what is the most easiest way to pay for sevis fee?
please i need an answer

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Legit215(m): 11:12am On Nov 04, 2019
Please I will love to know the process of how one can pay the SEVIS fee in the USA. I appreciate your feedback.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Tamison: 11:27am On Nov 04, 2019
Helloo
I also got an admit to this school for the same session. Please has your i20 been sent?

vinomoe:
Hello..I also got admitted for spring 2020 at this same school can we share contact and talk..you can hit me up on Instagram @vinomoe
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Tamison: 11:38am On Nov 04, 2019
Good morning. I got a PhD admission to this school too. Has your i20 been sent? Have you been able to book an appointment date?
arcTY:
good evening house
please i just gained admission for spring 2020 in north carolina agricultural and technical state university.
1 how does it take for form I-20 to be ready and courier to Nigeria because it is over 3weeks that i was given admission and im yet to receive the form I-20?
2 Also if i apply for visa this week, is it possible to get an appointment before nov15?
3 what is the most easiest way to pay for sevis fee?
please i need an answer
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by crowntoro(f): 11:47am On Nov 04, 2019
Hi guys.... Which schools can I apply to for Masters In computer science and I am sure they will give me funding?

I need assistance

TOEFL = 77
GRE = 293
GPA = 3.87
B.tech = Computer Engineering

Thanks as I await favourable response
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Nobody: 12:03pm On Nov 04, 2019
please house anyone with any idea what went wrong and if I should reapply...Good morning please I need your advice,I was denied my visa at the embassy this morning

ques1:Why are you going for masters I said that am on of been promoted in the company as the corporate consultant and I also want to enhance my skills and knowledge as I have experience in sales and marketing and I want to boost my skills,he further looked at my passport and asked why didn't dubia stamp my exist and stamped only arrival ,I was shocked by the question but I said when I was leaving it wasn't stamped but it was stamped at the airport upon my return he said at where I said in Lagos.
ques 2:he asked how long i spent there i said 1 week he said am I sure I said yes and further said it was 5working days although I went Jun 28 and left July 5th 2019.
quest 3:He said is my company willing to allow me leave for 2years I said yes he asked how long have i been working there I told him I started working in 2015 he said is it the company that want to sponsor me I said no but my father he said what does he do I told him he has his company he works for ministry of housing as a contractor and a supplier of solar panel he requested for the bank statement which I gave to him although the bank statement is for 4 pages but my dad had money inside although my brother in USA sent 5million to the account last week with his name the guy checked the first page,2nd,3rd,last and 1st page again before typing plenty and giving me the green slip....i just didn't know where I went wrong although I have applied for visit visa 2years ago i don't know where I went wrong,should I reapply? am confused.[/quote]
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by vinomoe: 12:25pm On Nov 04, 2019
No can we talk privately the requirements for I 20 for the school is quite complicated and takes awhile ..@ vinomoe on Instagram or twitter @pelthony.. dm me
Tamison:
Helloo
I also got an admit to this school for the same session. Please has your i20 been sent?

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Legit215(m): 12:42pm On Nov 04, 2019
That was a huge deposit made before your interview.
You have also a sibling I guess in the states.
So I guess your application is lacking family ties the VO was trying to see what will bring you after studies. That's why you where asked if your company is sponsoring you, how long you have worked there e.t.c.
So work more on your family ties and also why such huge amount deposited recently.
Thanks.
Adibebenny:
please house anyone with any idea what went wrong and if I should reapply...Good morning please I need your advice,I was denied my visa at the embassy this morning

quest 3:He said is my company willing to allow me leave for 2years I said yes he asked how long have i been working there I told him I started working in 2015 he said is it the company that want to sponsor me I said no but my father he said what does he do I told him he has his company he works for ministry of housing as a contractor and a supplier of solar panel he requested for the bank statement which I gave to him although the bank statement is for 4 pages but my dad had money inside although my brother in USA sent 5million to the account last week with his name the guy checked the first page,2nd,3rd,last and 1st page again before typing plenty and giving me the green slip....i just didn't know where I went wrong although I have applied for visit visa 2years ago i don't know where I went wrong,should I reapply? am confused.

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Bhb14: 12:53pm On Nov 04, 2019
I was also denied on friday Nov 1 , in fact my own case was, The vo was asking me if i have applied for fiancee visa before or am enagaed to a US citizen, which is a big NO, i told him am applying for student Visa for the first time , he looked at me, and his system and i could see on his face that he was surprised, i told him am just applying for student visa for the first time, he then went and asked about were am going and my sponsor which i told him, but i could see in his face he made up his mind and gave me the PINK slip. i was surprsied cos what he saw on his screen was not what i was saying, someone or something is wrong somewhere and that is what affected me during the interview, am sharing this because the most important thing when you get denied is to know why, yes! they wont tell you but you have figure it out yourself , get yourself back up and apply again , and Go with GOD , everything will be fine, for me i know now that a mistake in application is done or someone has used or filled something wrong about me. so next time i know what to do. so please figure it out , brace yourself up, i know how it is when u get denied , its seems like all your work for years was thrown out within minutes, but we have stand for our dream. good luck ...and i pray this helps anyone out there to learn. thanks yall cry cry undecided kiss

Adibebenny:

2 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Gracilicutes: 1:00pm On Nov 04, 2019
Tamison:
Good morning. I got a PhD admission to this school too. Has your i20 been sent? Have you been able to book an appointment date?
please can we exchange contact am planning to apply to the same school 2 PhD program so that u can guide me in the application process thanks... cheers...
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Nobody: 1:02pm On Nov 04, 2019
[quote author=Legit215 post=83732348]Thanks the family ties is something I dont understand how I am going to build the family ties my dad is a bussiness man I can't work for his company plus my dad has other statement account,is it possible to go with more than 1 statement account since this particular account of 7months duration is showing 4pages of inflow and outflow
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Legit215(m): 1:11pm On Nov 04, 2019
OK as far as it doesn't contradict the sponsor stated on the I20.
But try to work on family ties and re-apply
[quote author=Adibebenny post=83732907][/quote]
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Nobody: 1:11pm On Nov 04, 2019
Thanks for the words of encouragement it can be painful

Bhb14:
I was also denied on friday Nov 1 , in fact my own case was, The vo was asking me if i have applied for fiancee visa before or am enagaed to a US citizen, which is a big NO, i told him am applying for student Visa for the first time , he looked at me, and his system and i could see on his face that he was surprised, i told him am just applying for student visa for the first time, he then went and asked about were am going and my sponsor which i told him, but i could see in his face he made up his mind and gave me the PINK slip. i was surprsied cos what he saw on his screen was not what i was saying, someone or something is wrong somewhere and that is what affected me during the interview, am sharing this because the most important thing when you get denied is to know why, yes! they wont tell you but you have figure it out yourself , get yourself back up and apply again , and Go with GOD , everything will be fine, for me i know now that a mistake in application is done or someone has used or filled something wrong about me. so next time i know what to do. so please figure it out , brace yourself up, i know how it is when u get denied , its seems like all your work for years was thrown out within minutes, but we have stand for our dream. good luck ...and i pray this helps anyone out there to learn. thanks yall cry cry undecided kiss

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Legit215(m): 1:17pm On Nov 04, 2019
Please am awaiting your response.
Legit215:
Please I will love to know the process of how one can pay the SEVIS fee in the USA. I appreciate your feedback.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by clapper04: 1:18pm On Nov 04, 2019
[quote author=KISSABLE0606 post=83726903]Good morning...Please I've a question - If one pays for servis using a certain I-20 number but goes to the embassy and talks about another school where you later received their I-20, is this a red flag?[/quo

Yeah. you can't pay for your sevis fee using a particular school or sevis id then go to the embassy with a different school.

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Nobody: 1:25pm On Nov 04, 2019
please can you elaborate more on the family ties part,I don't understand how am going to do that...on the I-20 it's showing my father's name while in the statement of account its showing his business name
Legit215:
OK as far as it doesn't contradict the sponsor stated on the I20.
But try to work on family ties and re-apply
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Uriel12: 2:07pm On Nov 04, 2019
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by lemine: 2:15pm On Nov 04, 2019
if you want to register for GRE and also pay for i-20 you can reach me on whatsapp 08160203837 and my email is micheal4luck@gmail.com

Kentz3:
send mail to walexkent365@gmail.com
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by mztatobey: 2:28pm On Nov 04, 2019
Firstly GRE is for postgraduate student while SAT is for Undergraduates

Not all schools require you write SAT for admission but most require for scholarship. Check your desired school requirement if its mandatory

Uriel12:
Good afternoon guys, I'm currently applying to the aurora university, for an undergraduate degree tho.
Is GRE and SAT compulsory for all US schools?

Anyone else applying there too?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Legit215(m): 4:18pm On Nov 04, 2019
That's up to you to figure out... If the company you are working for is willing to write a statement of purpose of your trip and also stating that a spot is going to be kept for you awaiting your arrival or as you said before it will help in your promotion... All this only matters if you have a well paying job and worked with them for a while.
If you have an immediate family back here that's a plus one again.
Adibebenny:
please can you elaborate more on the family ties part,I don't understand how am going to do that...on the I-20 it's showing my father's name while in the statement of account its showing his business name
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Pefuele(m): 4:30pm On Nov 04, 2019
Broadway5007:

Thanks.

The name of the contact person in the school in the first and second 1-20 has changed. Also my intended date of arrival on the DS-160 is August 2019 instead of Jan 2020 ( i deferred my admission from fall 2019 to spring 2020).

I also noticed that the name of the course have been changed to Quantitative Economics instead of just Economics i used when filling the DS-160.

I hope all these wont be an issue.

The school contact person and your course is not a big deal.Quantitave Economics is a branch of Economics so you should let the VO know why you want to specialize in that area.

If you have not book your interview you can fill another DS-160 so that you can correct the information on the new DS-160 and use the new DS-160 confirmation number to book for interview.Alternatively,you can start a new DS-160 and use the DS-160 confirmation number on your ustraveldocs.You can log -in and change the details and then re-print.I have not done it before but I heard a few peeps have done it.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Pefuele(m): 4:39pm On Nov 04, 2019
Adibebenny:

The SOA is not busy at all.There should be series of inflow and outflow.How many months SOA did you print?If the VO checks all the pages and then first page he is probably comparing opening and closing balance.The #5m is a lump sum that could outweigh the opening balance. Did you mention your brother during your interview or list him on your DS-160?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Gracilicutes: 4:43pm On Nov 04, 2019
please I have reqister for GRE, is there any online dat I can use to practice on my account, or would I have to pay again..
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by N2B2: 4:51pm On Nov 04, 2019
Good day, house.

Please, how many months statement of account is required by the embassy? Can I print for just 1 month? I'm making my preparations as I await the delivery of my I-20.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Stevenssen(m): 4:59pm On Nov 04, 2019
crowntoro:
Hi guys.... Which schools can I apply to for Masters In computer science and I am sure they will give me funding?

I need assistance

TOEFL = 77
GRE = 293
GPA = 3.87
B.tech = Computer Engineering

Thanks as I await favourable response
Please retake your toefl to increase your chances.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Stevenssen(m): 5:01pm On Nov 04, 2019
Gracilicutes:
please I have reqister for GRE, is there any online dat I can use to practice on my account, or would I have to pay again..
There are free materials on the ets site, and several purchasable materials too.
You can as well check the first post here https://www.nairaland.com/1832477/how-achieve-high-scores-gre
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Swerveking14: 5:11pm On Nov 04, 2019
N2B2:
Good day, house.

Please, how many months statement of account is required by the embassy? Can I print for just 1 month? I'm making my preparations as I await the delivery of my I-20.
At least 6months
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by crowntoro(f): 5:13pm On Nov 04, 2019
Stevenssen:

Please retake your toefl to increase your chances.
alright... Thank you
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Nobody: 6:16pm On Nov 04, 2019
The company give me supporting documents pertaining my study leave which I told him but he didn't request to see it,and my company pays me well have been with them since 2015 which I told him before he asked if the company will sponsor me and I said no but my dad is my sponsor before he asked for the SOA
Legit215:
That's up to you to figure out... If the company you are working for is willing to write a statement of purpose of your trip and also stating that a spot is going to be kept for you awaiting your arrival or as you said before it will help in your promotion... All this only matters if you have a well paying job and worked with them for a while.
If you have an immediate family back here that's a plus one again.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Nobody: 6:24pm On Nov 04, 2019
Yes on my ds-160 i stated that I have a brother there although he didn't ask me anything pertaining my family and yes the account isn't busy because I found out last week my dad stopped making use of the account stating that he was told all the embassy needs to know is the closing balance and if money is in the account,instead he was doing his bussiness on his other business account not only that 5m entered 2 other lump sum entered last week.
Pefuele:

The SOA is not busy at all.There should be series of inflow and outflow.How many months SOA did you print?If the VO checks all the pages and then first page he is probably comparing opening and closing balance.The #5m is a lump sum that could outweigh the opening balance. Did you mention your brother during your interview or list him on your DS-160?

(1) (2) (3) ... (286) (287) (288) (289) (290) (291) (292) ... (779)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? / Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 83
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.