Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,915 members, 7,802,978 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 06:20 AM

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 - Travel (329) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (1353632 Views)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (326) (327) (328) (329) (330) (331) (332) ... (779) (Go Down)

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by solihp(f): 1:46pm On Dec 17, 2019
Tamison:
Guys, please how long does DHL hold a passport for before returning it to the consulate? I am yet to pick up my passport from DHL and they sent a message to the alternative phone number I filled in some minutes ago that it would be returned to the consulate after 5 working days. I dunno how legit this is and I would need to travel to pick it up at Isolo.
It means it's already there. When was your interview
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Alhamdulillaah: 1:49pm On Dec 17, 2019
diczo:
My Visa interview was successful.
I return all the Glory to God oh.
Transcript will come later...........
How do i get the best deals on flight tickets to Indiana.
These airlines are not smiling at all the kind money wey them dey call no be here oh

Congratulations... Please post your transcript. I am also going to Indiana but still yet to do my interview.

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Timilehin3(m): 1:54pm On Dec 17, 2019
Tamison:
Yaaaaaaaay! Thank God!! Congratulations!!!!!!

Thanks bro
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Timilehin3(m): 1:55pm On Dec 17, 2019
solihp:

Congrats

Thanks Solihp. I really appreciate your contribution.

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Tamison: 2:57pm On Dec 17, 2019
solihp:

December 6
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Tamison: 2:57pm On Dec 17, 2019
*****Sis*** angry
Timilehin3:

Thanks bro
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Godiswonderful: 3:06pm On Dec 17, 2019
Hahaha grin
Tamison:
*****Sis*** angry
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by rkarang: 3:15pm On Dec 17, 2019
Timilehin3:
Visa Approved @ Lagos Consulate
Interviewed at Window 3. I had like 5 straight denial before me. The guy on window 4 was just sharing yellow paper like Christmas gift, I saw like 11 people.

I returned all glory to God for the favour.
Going to UConn, PhD Chemistry, Full Funding.

Transcript

VO - Good Morning
Me - Good Morning

VO - Pass me your i-20 and passport
Me - Passed

VO - Have you paid your Sevis fee (He had to repeat this 3 times for me to get it. The 3rd time, he shouted)
Me - Yes, showed him the receipt.

VO - Why are you going to the US?
Me - I am going to the US for my doctoral degree program in Chemistry at the University of Storrs.

VO - What aspect of Chemistry?
Me - Inorganic

VO - So, what will you be working on?
Me - Working on Clay

VO - Clay? (He seems not to get me well)
Me - Yes, I will be modifying clay to be used as catalyst. Just like I did during my MSc research.

VO - Name some instruments used for your research?
Me - XRD, SEM, EDX, etc

VO - Which other school did you apply to?
Me - Mississippi State University but I have gotten a response from them.

VO - So, who will be supervising you?
Me - Prof ****

VO - So he has provided you a space in his lab?
Me - Yes

VO - So, what will you be using the clay for?
Me - For water splitting to get Hydrogen.

VO - So, what's the usefulness of the Hydrogen?
Me - It is used as fuel. (He made a sound like hmmmm... interesting)

VO - So how did you get full funding?
Me - My research experience and conference presentations. Moreso, I have a co-authored pare for publication with some researchers in the Professor's lab (I don't think he heard the second sentence well.)

VO - How many years will the program take?
Me - 4-6 years.

VO - What's the name of the Professor you will be working with? (Repeated question)
Me - Prof ****

VO - Typed for like a minute and said he will be approving the visa...bla bla bla
Me - Thank you

Shawarma, Tegi, Soliph, Tamison, Thanks so much for helping with my transcripts. I do appreciate.

NB...the interview wasn't as smooth as I typed o. I stuttered when answering some of the questions but at the end I was favoured.

* Please, I need where to get cheap flight now, traveling first week of January*

Congrats

2 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Ajaxa: 3:20pm On Dec 17, 2019
brashear:

You can pm so I can send you guys the link.
IAmPurposeful
Nad95

Bro I also need the material.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Mosminic(m): 3:42pm On Dec 17, 2019
Timilehin3:
Interviewed at Window 3. I had like 5 straight denial before me. The guy on window 4 was just sharing yellow paper like Christmas gift, I saw like 11 people.

Transcript

VO - Good Morning
Me - Good Morning

Me - Passed

VO - Have you paid your Sevis fee (He had to repeat this 3 times for me to get it. The 3rd time, he shouted)

Me - I am going to the US for my doctoral degree program in Chemistry at the University of Storrs.

Me - Inorganic

Me - Working on Clay

Me - Yes, I will be modifying clay to be used as catalyst. Just like I did during my MSc research.

Me - XRD, SEM, EDX, etc

Me - Prof ****

Me - Yes

Me - My research experience and conference presentations. Moreso, I have a co-authored pare for publication with some researchers in the Professor's lab (I don't think he heard the second sentence well.)

Me - 4-6 years.

VO - What's the name of the Professor you will be working with? (Repeated question)
Me - Prof ****

VO - Typed for like a minute and said he will be approving the visa...bla bla bla
Me - Thank you

Shawarma, Tegi, Soliph, Tamison, Thanks so much for helping with my transcripts. I do appreciate.

NB...the interview wasn't as smooth as I typed o. I stuttered when answering some of the questions but at the end I was favoured.

* Please, I need where to get cheap flight now, traveling first week of January*

Congrats!!!!! fellow Chemist. Go on and do wonders.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by hammed71(m): 4:07pm On Dec 17, 2019
Ajaxa:

Bro I also need the material.
me too please
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Seuntolaa: 4:19pm On Dec 17, 2019
ridsan4real:
Hello everyone,
I got an admission (fall 2020) Msc Agricultural and Environmental Systems at North Carolina A&T University with NO Funding.
I wrote mails to faculty and grad co-ord, and I got this reply from one of the faculty:
Please, what should I do?

Congratulations to you.
Please did you submit wes evaluation ?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Seuntolaa: 4:27pm On Dec 17, 2019
vinomoe:
They will only request for external if the scores or grades you input during the internal evaluation is different from the ones on the original transcript you uploaded during your application

Thank you so much
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Seuntolaa: 4:28pm On Dec 17, 2019
TheZed:
In the past they dont. However, I was recently informed by a friend that one will have to do that now.

Thank you so much
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Timilehin3(m): 4:32pm On Dec 17, 2019
Tamison:
*****Sis*** angry

Oh sorry.

Thanks Sis.....smile
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by solihp(f): 4:41pm On Dec 17, 2019
Tamison:

December 6
Go there to collect it before they return it
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by kCatalyst: 4:49pm On Dec 17, 2019
Timilehin3:

Transcript

VO - Good Morning
Me - Good Morning

Me - Passed

Me - Inorganic

Me - Working on Clay

Me - XRD, SEM, EDX, etc

Me - Prof ****

Me - Yes

Me - 4-6 years.

Me - Prof ****

Me - Thank you

Congratulations bro.

please i want to confirm how compulsory is it, to request for official transcript to be sent to UConn immediately after application or wait until after an admission decision is reached.
thanks
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Seuntolaa: 4:49pm On Dec 17, 2019
Hello... i would like to know if someone with a 3 year bachelor degree, (didn't school in Nigeria), can apply for a graduate program to schools in the US? Studied linguistics but would like to change to communication studies
List of schools would be highly appreciated..... Thanks
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by JonSnow23: 5:43pm On Dec 17, 2019
Alhamdulillaah:

Congratulations... Please post your transcript. I am also going to Indiana but still yet to do my interview.

Same Indiana is my destination, yet to do interview. Please post the transcript

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by JonSnow23: 5:48pm On Dec 17, 2019
solihp:

Am confused, how did you get dhl to handle delivery of your passport? Was it at the embassy?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by solihp(f): 6:07pm On Dec 17, 2019
JonSnow23:

Am confused, how did you get dhl to handle delivery of your passport? Was it at the embassy?
DHL handles all passport delivery for US embassy

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by ponpon(m): 6:29pm On Dec 17, 2019
?
horlahsunbo225:

Cc ponpon
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by OluDare01(m): 6:37pm On Dec 17, 2019
Ejanla, okunrin meta cheesy
ponpon:
?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by OluDare01(m): 6:39pm On Dec 17, 2019
Timilehin3, congratulations on your visa approval! UConn is a good school and there chemistry program is great. I hope you have a great time in CT.

2 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by LagosismyHome(f): 6:40pm On Dec 17, 2019
OluDare01:
Timilehin3, congratulations on your visa approval! UConn is a good school and there chemistry program is great. I hope you have a great time in CT.

prof prof......... how you doing . As i spied your name decided to hail cool

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Cocao(f): 6:44pm On Dec 17, 2019
Seuntolaa:
Hello... i would like to know if someone with a 3 year bachelor degree, (didn't school in Nigeria), can apply for a graduate program to schools in the US? Studied linguistics but would like to change to communication studies
List of schools would be highly appreciated..... Thanks

https://www.mastersincommunications.com/
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by sonofakin: 7:15pm On Dec 17, 2019
Congratulations you. I was also given an admission by Uconn and was told I need to also send my original certificate. How did you navigate this?
Timilehin3:

Transcript

VO - Good Morning
Me - Good Morning

Me - Passed

Me - Inorganic

Me - Working on Clay

Me - XRD, SEM, EDX, etc

Me - Prof ****

Me - Yes

Me - 4-6 years.

Me - Prof ****

Me - Thank you

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by OluDare01(m): 7:28pm On Dec 17, 2019
ma'am, I'm good. cheesy I hope you're good too. I see you're still very much active on this thread. keep up the good work.
LagosismyHome:

prof prof......... how you doing . As i spied your name decided to hail cool

3 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Timilehin3(m): 7:29pm On Dec 17, 2019
kCatalyst:

Congratulations bro.

please i want to confirm how compulsory is it, to request for official transcript to be sent to UConn immediately after application or wait until after an admission decision is reached.
thanks

Official Transcripts are not required until after admission is offered.
I was also mandated to send my hard copy ORIGINAL Certificates. It think it is a new rule cos it doesn't apply to those that resumed for Fall 2019.

2 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Timilehin3(m): 7:30pm On Dec 17, 2019
sonofakin:
Congratulations you. I was also given an admission by Uconn and was told I need to also send my original certificate. How did you navigate this?

I had to send it through courier and opted for pickup when I resume. I think it is a new rule.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Timilehin3(m): 7:31pm On Dec 17, 2019
sonofakin:

When is your visa interview?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Timilehin3(m): 7:33pm On Dec 17, 2019

(1) (2) (3) ... (326) (327) (328) (329) (330) (331) (332) ... (779)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? / Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.