Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,569 members, 7,809,079 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 10:31 PM

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 - Travel (39) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (1355805 Views)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (36) (37) (38) (39) (40) (41) (42) ... (779) (Go Down)

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Kaylhey20: 2:53pm On Jun 15, 2019
fairheart:
We agreed that your visa's 100% guaranteed grin grin. You think say na joke! Please take this confidence in self and faith in God with you anywhere you go. I wish you excellent academic achievement.

Thanks so much sir

3 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Tecord1(m): 2:54pm On Jun 15, 2019
sharwama:
SHARWAMA'S APPROVED VISA TRANSCRIPT.
Date: June 7, 2019
Venue: Lagos Consulate
Time:6:30 a.m
Gender of VO: Male
Window: I Didn't notice, I was blown away by his cuteness and jerry curl grin grin grin
Ok it was the second to last window, before the exit door.
I: (Smiling) Good morning sir
V.O: Good morning, please pass me your passport and your I-20.
I did and he was like "please push your passport a little bit further". I pushed it and asked, "is it okay now sir?"
VO: Yes it is. Why are you going to the US
I: (deep breath + killer smile) To uhm, pursue a masters degree in Biology, Biomedical Science Concentration at East Tennessee State University, Johnson City Tennessee.
V.O: Why this degree?
I: I really want to work as a research scientist at a renowned biomedical research Institute here in Nigeria. Unfortunately, a masters degree in Biology or a closely related field is the minimum requirement for such a position. So this degree would not just help me hone my research skills or build my critical thinking, it would qualify me for the position I really want, when I return.
V.O: So why did you pick this school?
I: (Gesticulating with magical hands) For me, it wasn't just about the generous funding I received, which I am extremely grateful for by the way, it had a lot more to do with the student-faculty relationship I have built with my potential supervisor, professor Burna boy. We Skyped a couple of times and we have chosen a thesis topic I am super excited about.
V.O: What other schools did you apply to?
I: I applied at Texas A&M University, Commerce
VO: uhum(while typing)
I: Cleveland State University Ohio and Kansas State University Manhattan Kansas.
VO: Have you travelled out of the country before?
I: I have not had the need to sir.
VO: Are you married
I: No sir
V.O: You said you have funding, let me see the evidence
I: My school did not give me an official letter but it's on the I-20(I pointed at the document so he looked at it)
V.O: Ok I see $9590 to be payed by someone ,who is this?
I: That's my mum sir
V.O: What does she do?
I: My mum is a business woman, she sells African fabrics and traditional bridal attires
V.O: Yes do you have any proof, I want to see evidence.
I was confused and he mentioned "or bank statement"
I: (Killer smile)Yes, with all pleasure. Just a moment please.
So I got the bank statement
V.O(while looking at the statement) Doesn't your mum have other children to sponsor in school?
I: (I never expected that question, so my English technically failed me, so I looked at him and answered) All of us have finished school, it remainder two of us.
I was so embarrassed about my grammatical blunder but I was glad he understood the point, we were all done with school except two of my siblings.
V.O: Ok, I will be approving your Visa. He hands me the white paper. Talked about pick up in three working days, gave me back my SOA and I-20, asked me to keep it carefully and I would need the latter at the port of entry... Told me to have a wonderful day
I: (Killer smile) Thank you and have a wonderful rest of the day too.
Yup, I bounced out of the building grin
THE END grin grin grin

Much awaited transcript. Congrats Queen Sharwama wink

6 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Time2win(m): 3:58pm On Jun 15, 2019
MykelBriggs1:

No argument but I think we should only put updated info on this platform. kindly call the US embassy (+23412278955) to verify the above claim. Right now, cancellation of appointment comes with payment of another MRV as a way of controlling the traffic. The picture attached is what an account that has never rescheduled nor canceled an appointment looks like. I personally called the embassy to clarify cos I read online that one can reschedule 4-5times thereabout. Now you can reschedule once only.

I have someone that cancelled and rescheduled two weeks ago. If this is the new update, i will call embassy to clarify.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Tecord1(m): 4:01pm On Jun 15, 2019
Bjteensdes24:

Thanks for that.. But are you saying it will be more than 45k if it's not done in a black market?
Depends on where u are. If you were to be in warri, i will connect you to someone who will do it for 35k. And it will be ready for pick up the following morning

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Arebjosh: 4:05pm On Jun 15, 2019
Good day to y'all
Had my visa interview with an old white man in d widow close to the entrance on the 10th of dis month, and i was denied, am going for an undergraduate study, got my TOEFL, BS, and all
Here is my transcript,

Me: good morning
Vo: good morning (with an angry face)
Vo:Pass me ur I-20
Me: I did
Go: when did u finish high school ( didn't even check my I-20 if it was an undergraduate study, or if am going to US self)
Me: I finished high school year 2017( am currently 19 years old)
Vo: what have u been doing since
Me: I am currently a 2nd year university student in uniben studying entrepreneurship ( guess dis is were I bleeped up).
Vo: why nt continue here
Me: firstly d strike it has really been slowing my education so my dad made a decision for me to go study in d U.S,( d man said there has nt been any strike, didn't give me time to complete my response, he just cut me and was typing)
Vo: sorry I can't grant u ur visa, go and finish in uniben with an angry tone, I took d pink paper almost forgot my passport sef, he denied d first 3 people in front of me.

So pls guys, were did I go wrong, am going for an undergraduate management degree in isu, d school resumption date is in Aug,planning to fire back.

And if I am to fill my ds-160 again, I want to remove d part dat say I am currently in d university is it advicible , pls I need u guys help

2 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by ProYouWebsiteUK(f): 4:17pm On Jun 15, 2019
Arebjosh:
Good day to y'all
Had my visa interview with an old white man in d widow close to the entrance on the 10th of dis month, and i was denied, am going for an undergraduate study, got my TOEFL, BS, and all
Here is my transcript,

Go: when did u finish high school ( didn't even check my I-20 if it was an undergraduate study, or if am going to US self)
Me: I am currently a 2nd year university student in uniben studying entrepreneurship ( guess dis is were I bleeped up).
Me: firstly d strike it has really been slowing my education so my dad made a decision for me to go study in d U.S,( d man said there has nt been any strike, didn't give me time to complete my response, he just cut me and was typing)
Vo: sorry I can't grant u ur visa, go and finish in uniben with an angry tone, I took d pink paper almost forgot my passport sef, he denied d first 3 people in front of me.

So pls guys, were did I go wrong, am going for an undergraduate management degree in isu, d school resumption date is in Aug,planning to fire back.

And if I am to fill my ds-160 again, I want to remove d part dat say I am currently in d university is it advicible , pls I need u guys help

Why would you even say that. You shouldn't have mentioned it at all. That's why it is advisable to post your Transcript here before going for interview so the gurus can help you scrutinize it or PM someone you look up to here to do it for you privately if you don't want to share it here.

You can try again and give it your best next

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Time2win(m): 4:17pm On Jun 15, 2019
Arebjosh:
Good day to y'all
Here is my transcript,

The V.O is nice and just told you the ugly truth. Go and finish in uniben, then apply for masters. even if you reapply 10times, no miracle will happen. Also they have record of everything you filled earlier and the note made by the V.O

2 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Brown2Green(m): 4:29pm On Jun 15, 2019
Arebjosh:
Good day to y'all
Here is my transcript,

Forget about the people that was denied before or after you bro.

Focus on you.

Where you transferring to that school or going for a fresh course?

You not finishing your current degree before pursuing another is a huge red flag.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Arebjosh: 4:33pm On Jun 15, 2019
Okey just want to know, thanks for y'all reply, man dae learn
Brown2Green:

Forget about the people that was denied before or after you bro.

Focus on you.

Where you transferring to that school or going for a fresh course?

You not finishing your current degree before pursuing another is a huge red flag.

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Johnolukolade(m): 4:36pm On Jun 15, 2019
Arebjosh:
Good day to y'all
Here is my transcript,

Sincerely, that VO wants the very best for you. He knows what it takes to school in America and he just saved you a whole lot with that refusal. Like he rightly advised, finish from UNIBEN and get your stuffs together to target good programs for Masters/PhD.

Also, you can use this opportunity to your advantage. You already know about these stuffs and what you should start doing now is to develop yourself and be prepared for the challenge ahead. If you don't like the course you're studying now, I believe you can still change your course to a more marketable one.

Lastly, don't tweak anything on your Ds-160... It will make the process more difficult for you. Relax bro, close your eyes and open it- you are done with university. If you make a bad decision now, you'd find it painful when your mates are graduating eventually. So use this refusal as a driving force to build that GPA, take leadership roles, network with one or two of your professors and write journals and publications, read about American colleges too(it would give you insight and for sure, you'll know where to put your application fees). I am certain you'll find the admission and visa process very seamless by then. I wish you the very best on your pursuit.

Jesus loves you too.

Best!!

10 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Arebjosh: 4:46pm On Jun 15, 2019
Thanks, really appreciate, success to those going for their interview
Johnolukolade:

Sincerely, that VO wants the very best for you. He knows what it takes to school in America and he just saved you a whole lot with that refusal. Like he rightly advised, finish from UNIBEN and get your stuffs together to target good programs for Masters/PhD.

Also, you can use this opportunity to your advantage. You already know about these stuffs and what you should start doing now is to develop yourself and be prepared for the challenge ahead. If you don't like the course you're studying now, I believe you can still change your course to a more marketable one.

Lastly, don't tweak anything on your Ds-160... It will make the process more difficult for you. Relax bro, close your eyes and open it- you are done with university. If you make a bad decision now, you'd find it painful when your mates are graduating eventually. So use this refusal as a driving force to build that GPA, take leadership roles, network with one or two of your professors and write journals and publications, read about American colleges too(it would give you insight and for sure, you'll know where to put your application fees). I am certain you'll find the admission and visa process very seamless by then. I wish you the very best on your pursuit.

Jesus loves you too.

Best!!

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Nobody: 5:45pm On Jun 15, 2019
Yes very true, no point wasting money applying again, you already shot yourself in the foot talking about uniben, best option for you is go finish in uniben and apply for masters

Time2win:

The V.O is nice and just told you the ugly truth. Go and finish in uniben, then apply for masters. even if you reapply 10times, no miracle will happen. Also they have record of everything you filled earlier and the note made by the V.O
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Nobody: 5:56pm On Jun 15, 2019
Has anyone (Nigerian) successfully changed their status from B1/B2 to F1 while in the States?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Googledrive12: 6:03pm On Jun 15, 2019
Good day good people ,
Please I ask again in a polite and pleading manner grin , is anyone here in or going to Indiana University Bloomington ?
Please help a brother!!! cry
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Googledrive12: 6:04pm On Jun 15, 2019
Googledrive12:
Good day good people ,
Please I ask again in a polite and pleading manner grin , is anyone here in or going to Indiana University Bloomington ?

Please indicate
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Brown2Green(m): 6:23pm On Jun 15, 2019
Googledrive12:
Good day good people ,

Anything you're looking for?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Time2win(m): 6:30pm On Jun 15, 2019
ViceChief:
Has anyone (Nigerian) successfully changed their status from B1/B2 to F1 while in the States?

Not possible.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by elhadji19: 6:51pm On Jun 15, 2019
Time2win:

Not possible.
very possible. people do it but u have to do that before ur visiting visa expire. also constant change of immigration rules in USA might affect this

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Time2win(m): 6:56pm On Jun 15, 2019
elhadji19:

very possible. people do it but u have to do that before ur visiting visa expire. also constant change of immigration rules in USA might affect this

Do you know anyone that has done it? Heard it's not possible.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Brown2Green(m): 7:00pm On Jun 15, 2019
Time2win:

Lots of people have done it up till last year.

The present change of policy is putting a check on B1 so it is currently impossible to do so.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Time2win(m): 7:02pm On Jun 15, 2019
Brown2Green:

Lots of people have done it up till last year.

The present change of policy is putting a check on B1 so it is currently impossible to do so.

So the answer remains, not possible now?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by elhadji19: 7:08pm On Jun 15, 2019
Time2win:

Yes, I know two or three people that did in USA. The two were exceptional in football. They did training with the school and the coach like their way of playing and help with the process of changing their status from visiting visa to student visa. Learn more about change of status from USCIS. U can Google it urself and see if it is still possible.

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Brown2Green(m): 7:08pm On Jun 15, 2019
Time2win:

So the answer remains, not possible now?

Yeah
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Time2win(m): 7:11pm On Jun 15, 2019
Brown2Green:

Yeah

Okay.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Time2win(m): 7:12pm On Jun 15, 2019
elhadji19:

Yes, I know two or three people that did in USA. The two were exceptional in football. They did training with the school and the coach like their way of playing and help with the process of changing their status from visiting visa to student visa. Learn more about change of status from USCIS. U can Google it urself and see if it is still possible.

Okay. It's no longer possible to change status with B1/B2 visa
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by elhadji19: 7:15pm On Jun 15, 2019
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by OgbeniOptional(m): 7:31pm On Jun 15, 2019
Good evening house, I didn’t fill secondary school in my Ds-160 form. I’m going for masters, I just filled my bsc. I hope this is not going to be a problem for me? Or I should just fill another Ds form ? Thanks
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by dreambound(m): 8:02pm On Jun 15, 2019
Arebjosh:
Good day to y'all
Here is my transcript,

Did you fill in your DS160 (under employment/education info) that you are at Uniben..coz it's like he knew before asking..
If you did, thats where the whole issue started.

Edit* I just saw that you mentioned you noted Uniben in your ds160..
You also asked if you can fill another form without uniben..
Abort Mission!! Your form and reason of denial are already saved in their system..

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Johnolukolade(m): 8:03pm On Jun 15, 2019
OgbeniOptional:
Good evening house, I didn’t fill secondary school in my Ds-160 form. I’m going for masters, I just filled my bsc. I hope this is not going to be a problem for me? Or I should just fill another Ds form ? Thanks

Your university information is perfect. If you read the instructions while filling that part, you won't be asking again lol. They stated that you should fill the details of any post secondary institution you've attended. So don't sweat it bro.

Best.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by OgbeniOptional(m): 8:14pm On Jun 15, 2019
Thanks brother. I appreciate.

Johnolukolade:

Your university information is perfect. If you read the instructions while filling that part, you won't be asking again lol. They stated that you should fill the details of any post secondary institution you've attended. So don't sweat it bro.

Best.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by TheGrandChemist(m): 8:33pm On Jun 15, 2019
Brown2Green:

Don't get it misconstrued!

Full Funding might come with defictits.
Some as high as 12k.

By now you're supposed to know if you have deficits to know if you should and how much needs to be reflected on the closing balance of your SOA.
I find it funny when people say they secured full funding yet, they still have some deficit.

Full funding is when you've got a full tuition scholarship and a generous stipend to cater for your living expenses, such that there is no deficit; in this case, you don't need a bank statement. That is what I regard as full funding.

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by TheGrandChemist(m): 8:51pm On Jun 15, 2019
Brown2Green:

Don't mistake full funding with full ride.

We have the one that takes care of hostel, books and every single expense.

MTSU offered partial GA which covers only the in-state tuition
Full GA covers in and out of state tuition.
And monthly stipends takes care of the rest living expenses. But because Tennessee has higher cost of living , the stipends is not sufficient.

NIU is different . They offer stipends high enough to cover the cost of living and DeKalb has a low cost of living compared to Tennessee.

So there are lots of intricacies you must consider.

Full Funding must not have zero deficits.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (36) (37) (38) (39) (40) (41) (42) ... (779)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? / Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 89
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.