Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,241 members, 7,807,817 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 07:47 PM

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 - Travel (384) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (1355416 Views)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (381) (382) (383) (384) (385) (386) (387) ... (779) (Go Down)

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by frapzkid: 11:26pm On Feb 10, 2020
TWoods:

That’s nonsensical. Why do you think anyone wants you not to succeed? undecided undecided Do you think anyone goes home thinking about the success (or lack thereof) of faceless people on a forum? Waiting for a pointless screed to motivate you is not a good idea.

Bro abeg please I do not wish to reply you, I am too busy for foolishness

2 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by frapzkid: 11:31pm On Feb 10, 2020
But sincerely some of una get time replying this Mr Twoods .
Like the long replies are not worth for him .

Use the time you have to educate others abeg . No time to waste time .

Let talk about the issues at hand
School Visa, admission abeg better things

3 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Bosscrun: 12:41am On Feb 11, 2020
Muleriders:

The point is, people here should not let someone who felt they are the best in the world,
who felt they are the most qualified,
who felt they are better than the consular at the embassy,

who felt they are the most honest Nigerian while the rest are fraud,
who felt you are a failure if you don't good GPA,
who felt you must be admitted to top schools,
who felt they have the best model for f1 visa,
who felt they can decide who gets visa or not at the embassy to decide Thier lives and future for them.

If I'm to live by your harsh judgement and model on me in 2018, I won't even apply to schools let alone nearing the embassy and getting visa and studying in a TIER 2, GOOD RANKED university in the USA.

You were literally good at writing people off, demoralised people and make people think it's either they are like you are they Bleep off.

Now that I have your attention, I will send you a dm, reply it and I will forward shots of my last cgpa to you.

The same person you tagged a failure two years ago cos I made 2.8/5.0 is here making all A's in arkansas.

Personal statement to every applicant here.

Don't ever!!!, I repeat, don't ever let anyone write you off or tag you a failure because of your circumstances. There is room for everyone to study in the USA even with your third class, yes you heard me right. There are schools in USA offering conditional admission to 2.0/4.0 GPA if your have good profile in other admission parameters aside the cgpa.
one day, I will post an exclusive writeups on how to achieve and get good school admission with your circumstances
bro, I don’t know you but I’ll comment on your post .

I’ve seen it all here, there are people like that who would want to bring people down because they feel miserable themselves .

I was one of those who felt the way you’re feeling . I was the set of 2014 who got their visa here . When I got to the States, I didn’t have that financial backing I thought I would have from family for school so I survived by the grace of God . Most people here, heard about my plight in the states and brought it to Nairaland to ridicule me .

But, I can come out today and say I am a resident here and have a good thing going on for me now . Don’t let anyone discourage you . America wants you to come here..but they want you to do it right . I can count many people who I knew from this thread from 2013/2014 who lost their status and are residents now or even apply for their citizenships now and even going back to that school that they lost their status and finishing up with their degree . It can be hard the first time but trust me you’ll adjust . It was never easy for me, there was a day I cried so much because it was so hard for me here . But, trust me, the God who brought you here will never let you suffer .

Once, again..am happy for you and your grades .

36 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by NwanyiOkpa(f): 12:44am On Feb 11, 2020
Bosscrun:

I’ve seen it all here, there are people like that who would want to bring people down because they feel miserable themselves .

I was one of those who felt the way you’re feeling . I was the set of 2014 who got their visa here . When I got to the States, I didn’t have that financial backing I thought I would have from family for school so I survived by the grace of God . Most people here, heard about my plight in the states and brought it to Nairaland to ridicule me .

But, I can come out today and say I am a resident here and have a good thing going on for me now . Don’t let anyone discourage you . America wants you to come here..but they want you to do it right . I can count many people who I knew from this thread from 2013/2014 who lost their status and are residents now or even apply for their citizenships now and even going back to that school that they lost their status and finishing up with their degree . It can be hard the first time but trust me you’ll adjust . It was never easy for me, there was a day I cried so much because it was so hard for me here . But, trust me, the God who brought you here will never let you suffer .

These are the kind of positive energy we need here.

Thanks for the revival.

8 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Nobody: 12:46am On Feb 11, 2020
Bosscrun:

Great posting!

3 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by NwanyiOkpa(f): 12:47am On Feb 11, 2020
TWoods:

Congrats on making straight As. You should have done that at the first time of asking but better late than never. There are millions of Americans and other immigrants here making straight As. My youngest brother is a plastic surgeon here... I don’t need your grades. Been there, done that. My best advice would be that you focus on your school and future... you’ve still got a long way to go. It seems you spent the last 2 years allowing me to live rent-free in your head. Not good.

The irony of it all is that you’re not much different from what you claim to denounce. You made straight As, now we won’t have a moments sleep. You now feel entitled to post lengthy screeds. The hypocrisy. Take a look in the mirror...

Sir, you are a clown.

2 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by NwanyiOkpa(f): 12:49am On Feb 11, 2020
Now that our positive energy has been restored. Shall we? smiley
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by learner007(m): 3:00am On Feb 11, 2020
Gbengee:
Good day fams. Please help review my application and chances of getting full funding.

GPA 4.63/5
GRE 291
Bsc Mathematics

Thanks!

Check UT TYLER. Google 'NATHAN Smith UTTYLER'. Ask him anything at all and be sure to get an honest reply. He is the graduate program coordinator, and he replies emails fast.

PS: UT TYLER does not offer their mathematics students admission without an assistantship, except in some special cases that must have been discussed with you.

3 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by rkarang: 4:53am On Feb 11, 2020
NwanyiOkpa:
Now that our positive energy has been restored. Shall we? smiley

Glad you got funding, now you have a couple of schools to send rejection letters to wink
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by tmphoto(m): 5:01am On Feb 11, 2020
Hello , house

I just got admission into the University Findlay for their IELP ( intensive English language program) which is compulsory since I do not have English test score and also a conditional admission for undergraduate study which will start by August (fall) 2020. The IELP on the other hand will start in May 2020 till July prior to my Fall undergraduate resumption.

N/B: the English is compulsory for admission, hence why I was offered admission into their IELP owing to me not having any English test scores.

Now the questions are?

1: what SOA should I use to get my I-20 i.e should it be covering just IELP cost of attendance or both the IELP and the Undergraduate

2: At the embassy for my interview, what would likely be the question is it about the reason why i intended to go study English at the University or will the questions by the VIO be accompanied with the normal questions of undergraduate studies.

3: If the questions was just based on the IELP, will the days given for the study affect my stay in the USA or will I have to get an AOS once I am done with the program.

4: Since they ban immigrants visa For Nigeria do you think by now the VIO will be easy on issueing F1 visa to applicant since they know we are not getting any migrant status after studying.

5: My school is in Ohio, have anyone ever had the port entry experience because I am not from a rich family just an average family who could at least get little things they could afford. I would like to know what amount should be with me at the point of entry $500-$1k or do you think they might not really care

I will be looking forward to your generous answers thanks
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by LagosismyHome(f): 7:17am On Feb 11, 2020
tmphoto:
Hello , house

I just got admission into the University Findlay for their IELP ( intensive English language program) which is compulsory since I do not have English test score and also a conditional admission for undergraduate study which will start by August (fall) 2020. The IELP on the other hand will start in May 2020 till July prior to my Fall undergraduate resumption.

N/B: the English is compulsory for admission, hence why I was offered admission into their IELP owing to me not having any English test scores.

Now the questions are?

1: what SOA should I use to get my I-20 i.e should it be covering just IELP cost of attendance or both the IELP and the Undergraduate

2: At the embassy for my interview, what would likely be the question is it about the reason why i intended to go study English at the University or will the questions by the VIO be accompanied with the normal questions of undergraduate studies.

3: If the questions was just based on the IELP, will the days given for the study affect my stay in the USA or will I have to get an AOS once I am done with the program.

4: Since they ban immigrants visa For Nigeria do you think by now the VIO will be easy on issueing F1 visa to applicant since they know we are not getting any migrant status after studying.

5: My school is in Ohio, have anyone ever had the port entry experience because I am not from a rich family just an average family who could at least get little things they could afford. I would like to know what amount should be with me at the point of entry $500-$1k or do you think they might not really care

I will be looking forward to your generous answers thanks

Nigeria is an English speaking country so getting a Visa with IELP is almost impossible. Also how much is Toefl exam compared to 3 months worth of tuition.

If you are really serious, go and write Toefl and get that admission changed to unconditional.....

3 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Nobody: 7:29am On Feb 11, 2020
tmphoto:

Hello, house

You write quite well for someone going for a bachelor's degree, so what stops you from taking TOEFL and smashing 100+. Many folks here have done it with less than 5days of preparation. If you insist on going to the visa interview with this ogbonge admission, Baba e just better sey u no even go at all...

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by NwanyiOkpa(f): 8:12am On Feb 11, 2020
rkarang:

Glad you got funding, now you have a couple of schools to send rejection letters to wink

My funding is partial. I am hoping for a full ride. God help me.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by NwanyiOkpa(f): 8:13am On Feb 11, 2020
learner007:

Check UT TYLER. Google 'NATHAN Smith UTTYLER'. Ask him anything at all and be sure to get an honest reply. He is the graduate program coordinator, and he replies emails faster.

PS: UT TYLER does not offer their mathematics students admission without an assistantship, except in some special cases that must have been discussed with you.

UT Tyler requires WES evaluation.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Nobody: 11:57am On Feb 11, 2020
NwanyiOkpa:

Nice!

I got an offer from TTU but it wasn't this great. Just out of state tuition waiver and $2K.

I am hoping for something better. Are you an MS or PhD candidate?

What’s your total estimated deficit? Any form of assistantship therein ?

I’m an MSc candidate

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by rkarang: 12:07pm On Feb 11, 2020
NwanyiOkpa:

My funding is partial. I am hoping for a full ride. God help me.

I pray it comes
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by NwanyiOkpa(f): 12:15pm On Feb 11, 2020
Evans211:

What’s your total estimated deficit? Any form of assistantship therein ?

I’m an MSc candidate

$21k

No assistantship. The faculties said they don't have for MSc.

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by AfonjaBoston: 12:34pm On Feb 11, 2020
NwanyiOkpa:

$21k

No assistantship. The faculties said they don't have for PhD.

If American education sweet and dey hungry you bad, pay the DAMN deficit na
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by NwanyiOkpa(f): 12:37pm On Feb 11, 2020
AfonjaBoston:

If American education sweet and dey hungry you bad, pay the DAMN deficit na

Ok.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by AfonjaBoston: 12:44pm On Feb 11, 2020
NwanyiOkpa:

Ok.

Do you really want an American education or you just wanna study "in the abroad " and japa ? Lol

Only you want go France, Germany, USA, Canada even China lol

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Juwon21: 12:50pm On Feb 11, 2020
House, between my Uncle and Elder sister, which one is cool that can stand as my sponsor.
My uncle we dont share same surname but my elder sister has same surname before she got married.
I need our candid advice
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by AfonjaBoston: 1:14pm On Feb 11, 2020
Juwon21:
House, between my Uncle and Elder sister, which one is cool that can stand as my sponsor.
My uncle we dont share same surname but my elder sister has same surname before she got married.
I need our candid advice

Is your sister ready to cough out 20milla?

No be to talk am na to do am
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by NwanyiOkpa(f): 1:16pm On Feb 11, 2020
AfonjaBoston:

Do you really want an American education or you just wanna study "in the abroad " and japa ? Lol

Only you want go France, Germany, USA, Canada even China lol

Oh really? I wasn't aware.

Do you know how i can get Australia?

6 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by AfonjaBoston: 1:21pm On Feb 11, 2020
NwanyiOkpa:

Oh really? I wasn't aware.

Do you know how i can get Australia?

Keep taking your "I must travel " desperation pill.
It Will land you there in no time
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by NwanyiOkpa(f): 1:29pm On Feb 11, 2020
AfonjaBoston:

Keep taking your "I must travel " desperation pill.
It Will land you there in no time

Thank you.

7 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by learner007(m): 2:25pm On Feb 11, 2020
NwanyiOkpa:

UT Tyler requires WES evaluation.

Your contribution is useful too. Thanks

FYI: I'm not in UT TYLER
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Nobody: 2:40pm On Feb 11, 2020
NwanyiOkpa:

$21k

No assistantship. The faculties said they don't have for MSc.

That’s a whole lot! But It’s a personal decision for you to make. But I suggest you wait for other offers (if need be).

You never can tell......

Goodluck
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by NwanyiOkpa(f): 2:41pm On Feb 11, 2020
learner007:

Your contribution is useful too. Thanks

FYI: I'm not in UT TYLER

Yes. UT Tyler requires WES evaluation. The last time i checked, they will give you an application waiver if you attend their webinar via ZOOM. But then, be ready to do a WES document evaluation ICAP
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by frankblazing: 2:43pm On Feb 11, 2020
Baba Twoods, I hail oo.

Truth be told. Twoods opinions are more like reverse psychology. U can also use it as motivation to achieve greater things or allow it to dampen your spirit.

Twoods will call a spade a spade without mincing words. Sometimes the truth is better to hear but nevertheless still remains the truth.

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by NwanyiOkpa(f): 2:46pm On Feb 11, 2020
Evans211:

That’s a whole lot! But It’s a personal decision for you to make. But I suggest you wait for other offers (if need be).

You never can tell......

Goodluck

Yeah
That's huge

(1) (2) (3) ... (381) (382) (383) (384) (385) (386) (387) ... (779)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? / Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 112
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.