Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,263 members, 7,780,587 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 05:02 PM

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 - Travel (390) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (1343212 Views)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (387) (388) (389) (390) (391) (392) (393) ... (779) (Go Down)

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by mvem(m): 4:49pm On Feb 18, 2020
Milkshakes01:

I applied to Notre Dame, I haven’t gotten a decision yet
I applied to Notre Dame...only hope I have is I had a video interview with a potential supervisor... Still waiting on their decision
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Ifesinachi22(m): 5:27pm On Feb 18, 2020
NewAjala:

For me, my school sent mine for 14,100 thru DHL and was received in 3days.

So ask you school, they know about these things.

Thanks bro. I've started the process already

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by YoungDreamer: 9:14pm On Feb 18, 2020

2 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by DBlessedofGod: 9:21pm On Feb 18, 2020
Thanks for your inputs,
I did an online MBA course In the UK but trust me the experience is not the same, hence i wanted to have a face to face studies which is more respected. I have a 2 years study leave and want to utilize it.

I appreciate the time taken to write this thanks..

One question not answered though is do we have anyone studying for ms marketing?

Muleriders:

Since you need the degree at your place of work and your keyword is coming back to Nigeria for a marketing career upgrade and not staying back in the USA, If you don't mind my advice, I will suggest you stay in Nigeria and opt for an online accelerated MBA with concentration in marketing for the follow reasons.

1. With an online degree, you will be able to spend less on schooling (NO living expense, no insurance, no feeding and transportation cost). Your expenses will only be your tuition, Internet data and your time

2. You will be able to keep your job in nigeria while studying at the same time (steady flow of salary and you won't be out of job)

3. No fear of V.O rejection. As long as you are admitted by an American University, you can commence your classes via blackboard and blackboard collaborate which is same experience as face to face classes

4. No visa fee, sevis fee, flight ticket wahala

5. Most of MBA classes are online whether you are on campus or outside USA. for example, 6 out of 10 courses for my masters are completly online while the remaining 4 is a blend of online or face to face classes. So, the experience is almost the same

6. You can always travel to your school in USA for career fair, field trips or conferences, and also, you can travel to USA for your graduation or have your certificate shipped down to you.

7. You get same certificate with people who studied on campus

8. You can accelerate your duration by taking summer classes which will make you graduate and finish earlier.

9. With the aid of your school in collaboration with handshake and other bodies, you can always get an international intenship program outside the country be it europe, America, Australia etc.

Just a suggestion
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Lady0001: 1:23am On Feb 19, 2020
Please fam, can I get a sample of graduate assistantship application letter?
Thank you.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by horlahsunbo225(m): 7:13am On Feb 19, 2020
Lady0001:
Please fam, can I get a sample of graduate assistantship application letter?
Thank you.
Here U have it

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Nobody: 7:29am On Feb 19, 2020
tmphoto:
Hello house I got admission from the university of Massachusetts Lowell, but I haven’t gotten my I-20 form yet can I go ahead to make payment for the visa and also appointment cause I heard people that are making appointment for interviews this month are schedule for May/June since my resumption is by August. What about the SEVIS FEE payment do I have to pay it before making an appointment for interview I need your advice in this.

Congrats Baba, that's a top University. You need the sevis ID on the I-20 to make the sevis payment as well as to setup the interview appointment. Yes, it's a good idea to pay the sevis fee first.

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Muleriders: 11:24am On Feb 19, 2020
YoungDreamer:
Good evening. I need someone in US to help me pay for my undergraduate application fee for Southern Arkansas University via money order. The school is not accepting credit card payment from applicants in Nigeria.

Yipeeeeee,
at last, I found an incoming mulerider on this thread, I'm a current student of the school.
Oya hit the PM, I will be glad to help.
When are you coming in?, fall 2020 or spring 2021?

2 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Muleriders: 11:28am On Feb 19, 2020
DBlessedofGod:

Thanks for your inputs,
I did an online MBA course In the UK but trust me the experience is not the same, hence i wanted to have a face to face studies which is more respected. I have a 2 years study leave and want to utilize it.

I appreciate the time taken to write this thanks..

One question not answered though is do we have anyone studying for ms marketing?

Alright. Cool.
as for MS marketing, I am not too conversant with marketing as a masters cos most schools have it as MBA concentration.

You can use Google to do more research
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by mvem(m): 11:36am On Feb 19, 2020
Do anyone have an idea if Texas Tech demands that you send your transcript via WES after admission ?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by sultanfortune(m): 11:48am On Feb 19, 2020
mvem:
Do anyone have an idea if Texas Tech demands that you send your transcript via WES after admission ?

They don’t require evaluated transcript. You have to ask your university to send ur transcript directly to the graduate school.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by mvem(m): 12:14pm On Feb 19, 2020
sultanfortune:

They don’t require evaluated transcript. You have to ask your university to send ur transcript directly to the graduate school.
Thanks
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by sirhamilton(m): 2:37pm On Feb 19, 2020
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by sealleone(m): 4:09pm On Feb 19, 2020
Hi guys, in 2015 I been post about a friend wey wan enter US through the community college system and a lot of guys in the house had negative comments about the whole thing. Some of them give legit reasons out of ignorance, cos wetin person no know him no know. I just wan update them in case them still dey here dey give advice...2015 the guy got the admission to study nursing in rural America, visa was approved in May 2015, started prerequisites as soon as him enter, 2018 got ASN registered nurse, 2019 after 1year online BS got BSN, now he's in a DNP program which will last approx 3 years, married and Got his green card approved last month...green application card took 3 months. I dey share this for all the dreamers with legit reasons to migrate to 1st world countries, no let anybody wey dey form I too know ruin your dreams. My story don finish, make una wey be advicers for this forum no dey trample on people dreams because Dem share am for advice, so give advice not shove your opinions down Dem throat. Naija for life, stay true to the hustle guys.

13 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by sirhamilton(m): 4:48pm On Feb 19, 2020
sealleone:
Hi guys, in 2015 I been post about a friend wey wan enter US through the community college system and a lot of guys in the house had negative comments about the whole thing. Some of them give legit reasons out of ignorance, cos wetin person no know him no know. I just wan update them in case them still dey here dey give advice...2015 the guy got the admission to study nursing in rural America, visa was approved in May 2015, started prerequisites as soon as him enter, 2018 got ASN registered nurse, 2019 after 1year online BS got BSN, now he's in a DNP program which will last approx 3 years, married and Got his green card approved last month...green application card took 3 months. I dey share this for all the dreamers with legit reasons to migrate to 1st world countries, no let anybody wey dey form I too know ruin your dreams. My story don finish, make una wey be advicers for this forum no dey trample on people dreams because Dem share am for advice, so give advice not shove your opinions down Dem throat. Naija for life, stay true to the hustle guys.

I believe you also know how much has changed as regards immigration policies ( written and unwritten ) in the last 5 years?

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by ayitty(f): 5:35pm On Feb 19, 2020
ayitty:

You can send it to me.Kindly send PM via nairaland then I will send you my email address.
Kindly check your email and revert. Waiting thanks.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by electromagnito: 7:39pm On Feb 19, 2020
How many months does it take US university to make admission decision.....
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by sultanfortune(m): 7:45pm On Feb 19, 2020
electromagnito:
How many months does it take US university to make admission decision.....

Why don’t you direct this question to the graduate director of the program you applied to. I believe S/he is in the best position to tell you that because different programs have timelines for their decisions.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by LagosismyHome(f): 7:54pm On Feb 19, 2020
sealleone:

Beautiful story but the chances of getting a Visa with community college
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Pefuele(m): 8:14pm On Feb 19, 2020
sealleone:

A lot have changed from five years ago. Infact, I am not sure there is something like Assistanships or Administrative processing then.
It is possible to get VISA with CC but it is all about the odds which are very slim. It is better to have admits in good Universities with funding.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by yemiosinbajo: 8:17pm On Feb 19, 2020
sealleone:

You can't do online BSN as an international student. Did he get married and got a green card before starting his online bsn?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by sealleone(m): 8:26pm On Feb 19, 2020
it's all luck, and the consular agent mood, even Havard admission no guarantee visa for this trump regime
LagosismyHome:

Beautiful story but the chances of getting a Visa with community college
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by sealleone(m): 8:29pm On Feb 19, 2020
he was married, but he started the program during OPT
yemiosinbajo:

You can't do online BSN as an international student. Did he get married and got a green card before starting his online bsn?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by yemiosinbajo: 8:35pm On Feb 19, 2020
sealleone:
he was married, but he started the program during OPT

Yea, being married really helped him, because if he didn't get married, he wouldn't have been able to start the program during OPT. He would probably need to finish his OPT. He could also get a green card through nursing via EB-3, instead of going the marriage route. I guess he fell in love tho.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by sealleone(m): 8:52pm On Feb 19, 2020
Yeah na legit igbo marriage, we dey prep for igba nkwu this year
yemiosinbajo:

Yea, being married really helped him, because if he didn't get married, he wouldn't have been able to start the program during OPT. He would probably need to finish his OPT. He could also get a green card through nursing via EB-3, instead of going the marriage route. I guess he fell in love tho.

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by rkarang: 9:29pm On Feb 19, 2020
Lightp:

Lightp I don’t seem to understand the non Ohio resident fee... is it waived for you?

@Evans211 have you heard anything from BGSU?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Sammiel: 9:30pm On Feb 19, 2020
Greetings to the house. I recently applied to a business school but after completing the application my application checklist has toefl check box unmarked despite the fact that I added the school's Institutional code during my Toefl registration. The school is now telling me to get all items on the checklist sent before a specific deadline. My question now is if I am supposed to inform the school about my having requested that my Toefl scores be sent to them by ETS?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Nobody: 10:33pm On Feb 19, 2020
rkarang:

Lightp I don’t seem to understand the non Ohio resident fee... is it waived for you?

@Evans211 have you heard anything from BGSU?
If you're wating on assistanship, BGSU usually get back in March

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by RoninSignals: 10:37pm On Feb 19, 2020
Good day house,

I seriously need your advice . My babe recently migrated to the US under FX1 . She is a graduate of Civil engineering from Unilorin. She wished to further her education by obtaining MSC. As part of the requirements is for her 1st degree to be evaluated.she opted for American Education Research Corporation (AERC). However, she has been experiencing difficulties doing so , due to the discrepancies on the transcript as claimed by the subject body. The discrepancies might be due to her university not summing all courses in 100L except GNS. Her school has written to AERC to clarify their doubt . however they insisted on resending the official copies and stating the clarification ,which is stressful looking back at the transcript request process.

The clarification needed is ..

Is the AERC a valid evaluator?
Has anybody had this bitter experience?
What is the way forward.
Do we have Unilorin engineering graduates who have had this bitter experience?

Please assist.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by sonofakin: 10:43pm On Feb 19, 2020
The school probably haven't received your scores.The time between scores being sent by ETS and the school receiving it varies. My advice is that you should inform them that you have requested that your score should be sent and also attach your unofficial score report
Sammiel:
Greetings to the house. I recently applied to a business school but after completing the application my application checklist has toefl check box unmarked despite the fact that I added the school's Institutional code during my Toefl registration. The school is now telling me to get all items on the checklist sent before a specific deadline. My question now is if I am supposed to inform the school about my having requested that my Toefl scores be sent to them by ETS?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Sammiel: 11:06pm On Feb 19, 2020
sonofakin:
The school probably haven't received your scores.The time between scores being sent by ETS and the school receiving it varies. My advice is that you should inform them that you have requested that your score should be sent and also attach your unofficial score report
Okay. Thanks for the information.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Nobody: 11:31pm On Feb 19, 2020
sealleone:

It worked for him back then, doesn't mean it would also work for someone now. I'd always encourage people, go to good schools for nice programs. The love/marriage option shouldn't be the priority. Many students get internships and full time job offers from career fairs at their universities. There is always room here for students who strategize wisely before and after coming.

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (387) (388) (389) (390) (391) (392) (393) ... (779)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? / Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.