Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,514 members, 7,801,359 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 02:15 PM

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 - Travel (40) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (1352990 Views)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (37) (38) (39) (40) (41) (42) (43) ... (779) (Go Down)

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by texrem(m): 8:54pm On Jun 15, 2019
sharwama:
SHARWAMA’S DIARY OF GRATITUDE.
So I just got back from DHL and I have my passport grin
Mama I made it, it's no longer a dream or a story I wrote out of anxiety. It's real. All I feel right now is gratitude, pure gratitude. There's got to be a God up there who really cares about Sharwama a lot and His angels are all over NL, yes I have encountered some of them, I know them by name. I will post my transcript shortly but first, I'd like to write about the amazing angels I met on this platform, who became a great part of my success story.
TEXREM
After writing my GRE and TOEFL last year September 28 and October 27 respectfully, my best friend Ayo told me to go to NL and look for someone named Texrem. She said, "he is so busy but if he accepts to help you, you'd be in safe hands". So I created a username just so I could contact Texrem. I remember sending him a message asking for his help as I commenced the journey of choosing schools and applying. I remember his reply “I would be glad to help you”
He didn’t have to keep to his words, but he did anyways.
First, he went through my SOP’s for some schools, despite his busy schedule and said they were ok. However, at the bottom of that mail, he wrote “also apply to ETSU!’
ETSU was already on my mind and with Texrem’s "order", I shaa shaa applied.
March 13, I received my admission letter from ETSU with international merit scholarship that covered 50% of tuition. I was super excited and I informed Texrem. Few days later, I got a GA offer from the department of Biology, estimated at $35,906, my deficit was $9,590 (insurance inclusive) and I fainted. I didn’t even apply or ask anyone for asssitanship. I believe it had to do with applying early( before the priority deadline) and my overall application. The offer was just too generous and I also informed Texrem.
He has really been a part of the whole process, you know.
From guiding me on how to complete my dynamic form, getting the right financial statetment for my I-20, to paying my SEVIS fee and I-20 shipping fee. Yeah he handled all that grin
Then professors started writing to me, trying to convince me to pursue thesis in their labs, giving assurance of how much impact working with them would have on my career. It was overwhelming. I felt like a celebrity, I swear down! Again Texrem was there to caution and guide me. He directed me on how to schedule skype interviews with professors and I was eventually able to choose a lab I love. He taught me how to politely say "No" to a professor. I never sent a mail without Texrem going through it. I mean I always thought it was a bad thing to turn down offers from people you hold in high esteem but not anymore. I’m allowed to respectfully say NO.
Texrem also guided me on how to schedule my interview and complete DS -160. Although my interview was booked for June 7, I sent my transcript in the first week of April, he took time to read and approved. I also kept mentioning that I needed a mock interview, he didn't even answer me for that one grin
Instead he did something I would never forget in my life!
It was on a hot afternoon on the second/third week of April. By after 3, I was having my siesta when my phone rang.
It was Texrem, I kukuma picked.
Me: Good afternoon,
T: Good afternoon. Then he said Good morning
Me: oh, yes the time difference, sorry.
Next thing I heard was
What’s your study plan?
I froze instantly, I mean which one is study plan again this hot afternoon?
Then it hit me! That was an interview question!
I screamed out loud “Texrem No, Texrem nooooo, I am not ready at all at all. I mean I didn't see this coming"
He didn’t even answer me, he was quiet, he was waiting patiently.
I took deep breaths and answered.
Brethren from that moment, it was a back to back something! Uncle kept bombarding me with questions, sounding so formal and official, I nearly piss for body, I swear down.
You know my favourite part? Where he said “ I will be approving your visa” and ended the call. I cried ooo, I was like Lord I want to hear same words from a VO.
That surprise mock interview gave me a whole new level of confidence. He showed me what pressure felt like and I knew I could handle the real interview. I was anxious but hell yeah I was ready…
As my interview drew imminent, I tried getting him to do a second mock but he was extremely busy. A day to my interview, he called me.
June 6th, I was sounding so low that evening; fear, anxiety and uncertainties. I thought he called to do mock for me, instead he left several tips and words of encouragement before ending the call like ; I believe you have gotten the visa, you already have great responses, just go and deliver, make sure you smile, have pauses before and between your sentences, so it won't seem like you crammed, be polite to the VO, it's okay to say sir/ma, it won't kill you, make sure you stare into the VO's eyes while answering, like see I no dey commot here without white paper grin grin grin
There are so many more phenomenal things I wish I could share but I’d rather press pause here because words have started failing me or maybe it's coz I have started crying. Like look how far Sharwama has come. From reading for over 9 hours everyday for GRE and 6 hours daily for TOEFL, writing essays/letters of intent/ diversity statement. I even quit my job. Gosh, it's all over now, it freaking paid off.
So this is me saying I owe so much to you; thank you Texrem, for everything that you do, for pushing me when I needed to be pushed, for scolding me when I failed to follow simple instructions, for believing in me when I couldn't believe in myself, for all the crazy jokes that made me laugh, for making out time for me despite how tight your schedule is, and most of all, for "coming down to my level". Thank you so much. I really hope you can be proud of me and how much I have evolved on this journey. Yes, I am coming to TN to buy you chicken and chips grin grin grin God bless you immensely, you are the best!

Roasted! I have been sharwamalized here! Congrats to you! Your resilience paid off! I know you can trouble my life, even with my actions trying not to give the time, you kept on knocking to get the time and attention without backing out. Thanks for understanding my busy schedule. I am happy for you! Johnson city awaits you! JC welcomes you! Fly fly fly! cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

Wishing you fall 2019 guys the best!

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by dreambound(m): 9:05pm On Jun 15, 2019
TheGrandChemist:

I find it funny when people say they secured full funding yet, they still have some deficit.

Full funding is when you've got a full tuition scholarship and a generous stipend to cater for your living expenses, such that there is no deficit; in this case, you don't need a bank statement. That is what I regard as full funding.
What school is this?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Time2win(m): 9:17pm On Jun 15, 2019
elhadji19:

https://www.uscis.gov/working-united-states/students-and-exchange-visitors/students-and-employment/changing-a-nonimmigrant-f-or-m-student-status

This will answer ur question

This was last updated august 2018. I guess the new rule started this year
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Davidkking(m): 9:17pm On Jun 15, 2019
Please guys I need to pay for orientation and only available option is PayPal anybody want to help me pay the $50 let me transfer money to you
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by BeefWeb: 9:42pm On Jun 15, 2019
Hello guys, I also have my VISA interview next month. BSC computer information and information sciences. i also had a full tuition scholarship. please kindly advice me. i will post my proposed transcript as soon as i conclude it
fairheart:
We agreed that your visa's 100% guaranteed grin grin. You think say na joke! Please take this confidence in self and faith in God with you anywhere you go. I wish you excellent academic achievement.

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Kay100: 9:51pm On Jun 15, 2019
Davidkking:
Please guys I need to pay for orientation and only available option is PayPal anybody want to help me pay the $50 let me transfer money to you
You can do it yourself bro...just open a paypal account and link your gtb mastercard to your paypal account then you're good to go

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by dreambound(m): 9:57pm On Jun 15, 2019
BeefWeb:
Hello guys, I also have my VISA interview next month. BSC computer information and information sciences. i also had a full tuition scholarship. please kindly advice me. i will post my proposed transcript as soon as i conclude it
What school?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Davidkking(m): 9:58pm On Jun 15, 2019
Kay100:
You can do it yourself bro...just open a paypal account and link your gtb mastercard to your paypal account then you're good to go
It says. Credit card tho.....you can only link credit cards......and I don't even have GTB card
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Johnolukolade(m): 10:07pm On Jun 15, 2019
Davidkking:

It says. Credit card tho.....you can only link credit cards......and I don't even have GTB card

If you have any MasterCard (the credit card stuff doesn't matter) , try to use that. GTbank works most of the time without hitch and that's why people recommends it.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by NeyofeedNigEnt: 10:26pm On Jun 15, 2019
Time2win:

The V.O is nice and just told you the ugly truth. Go and finish in uniben, then apply for masters. even if you reapply 10times, no miracle will happen. Also they have record of everything you filled earlier and the note made by the V.O

Exactly what I'm about to say.........

The VO already note that down.....
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by sharwama(f): 10:39pm On Jun 15, 2019
texrem:

Roasted! I have been sharwamalized here! Congrats to you! Your resilience paid off! I know you can trouble my life, even with my actions trying not to give the time, you kept on knocking to get the time and attention without backing out. Thanks for understanding my busy schedule. I am happy for you! Johnson city awaits you! JC welcomes you! Fly fly fly! cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

Wishing you fall 2019 guys the best!
Yaaaaay!!! Someone finally broke his silence on NL grin grin grin
Awww, this is really kind. Meanwhile I hope there's fufu in JC because I am not one of those salad-eating chicks grin grin grin

5 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by sharwama(f): 10:48pm On Jun 15, 2019
I couldn't ignore your congratulatory messages for all the okpa in 9th mile grin grin grin
Thank you so much Tecord1, ProYouWebsiteUK, 1stdami, tmd, samdgreat2011, henryblaze25, Mudicua, learner007,4gunner, Time2win, Munix, Abdulrahmon68, pepperoni001, clapper04, gennylota.
This is Batch B stream 1. I am not so sure of recruiting stream two shaaa grin
Meanwhile, ProYouWebsiteUK, when I frequently wrote "we are in this together" or "we are family", I did because I felt so, I thought so, I knew so and I meant so. I gat you!
Queens see Queens grin

3 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Davidkking(m): 11:09pm On Jun 15, 2019
sharwama:
I couldn't ignore your congratulatory messages for all the okpa in 9th mile grin grin grin
Thank you so much Tecord1, ProYouWebsiteUK, 1stdami, tmd, samdgreat2011, henryblaze25, Mudicua, learner007,4gunner, Time2win, Munix, Abdulrahmon68, pepperoni001, clapper04, gennylota.
This is Batch B stream 1. I am not so sure of recruiting stream two shaaa grin
Meanwhile, ProYouWebsiteUK, when I frequently wrote "we are in this together" or "we are family", I did because I felt so, I thought so, I knew so and I meant so. I gat you!
Queens see Queens grin
When Re you travelling?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by sharwama(f): 11:33pm On Jun 15, 2019
Davidkking:

When Re you travelling?
As soon as I get money for flight ticket, accommodation and health insurance. Please do you have 2M that you are not using grin grin grin

7 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Davidkking(m): 11:35pm On Jun 15, 2019
sharwama:

As soon as I get money for flight ticket, accommodation and health insurance. Please do you have 2M that you are not using grin grin grin
Wow...... tickets are cheap now sha......with ram going for as low as 178k
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by dreambound(m): 11:44pm On Jun 15, 2019
Davidkking:

Ehn
I booked one of about 500K and I was rejoicing that I found cheaper ticket
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by sharwama(f): 11:50pm On Jun 15, 2019
Like Chinua Achebe, I am no longer at ease. I think I am sort off concerned about bracelum's silence. Yeah I kinda miss his STFU comments grin Okay I'm done messing around.
Why does it seem like he has become "Nobody"? Why does it seem like he has deactivated his account?
Bracelum if you are Nobody or a guest and you are reading this, I just want you to know that you have contributed a lot to this platform, you have given invaluable counsels and you have sparked intellectual debates a lot of times. You are neither perfect nor flawless but you are lightning and I think lightning is dangerously beautiful grin
Perhaps you needed space or you needed a break, perhaps you have a lot on your plate, perhaps these are rough times for you. That's okay, I am sending love and light to you right now, I hope you are safe wherever you are and I pray you always remember, no matter what happens; for better, for worse, for richer, for poorer, in sickness and in health, we are family grin grin grin
I pray Nobody sees beneath these words.

14 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Davidkking(m): 11:50pm On Jun 15, 2019
dreambound:

Ehn
I booked one of about 500K and I was rejoicing that I found cheaper ticket
Depends on the date tho.....and 178k is to JFK

2 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Davidkking(m): 11:57pm On Jun 15, 2019
Davidkking:

Depends on the date tho.....and 178k is to JFK

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by sharwama(f): 11:58pm On Jun 15, 2019
Davidkking:

Unfortunately, I can't even afford 178k. It's so expensive! I will wait and see if the price can come down to like 78k, then I will book ASAP. Thank you so much.

2 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Davidkking(m): 11:59pm On Jun 15, 2019
sharwama:

Unfortunately, I can't even afford 178k. It's so expensive! I will wait and see if the price can come down to like 78k, then I will book ASAP. Thank you so much.
grin grin grin grin.......nah cotonue you dey go?

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by juliusdudu: 1:27am On Jun 16, 2019
Transcript

Me: Good Morning
V.O: Good Morning
V.O: can you pass me your passport?
Me: Passed the passport
V.O: What are you studying at UC Berkeley
Me: LLM
V.O: You are going to UC Berkeley, Why UC?
Me: I am focusing on energy law.
V.O: Why Energy Law?
Me: Nigeria is currently grappling with the required power for development. Infact, she is in a full blown energy crisis. I want to focus my studies on the legal and regulatory aspect of the electricity market. California is one of the leaders in renewable energy, I want to learn about the system and find a way of adapting what suits our system. Nigeria must be able to develop the needed electricity infrastructure to power the economy.
V.O: I can see that you onces studied in France?
Me: Yes, I studied at one of France's Grand Ecole, precisely, Sciencespo Paris.
He focused on his computer. I suspected that he was confirming a few things about Sciencespo.
V.O: Oh! It has another name. I know the school with the other name. A good university.
Me: yes.
V.O: What did you study in Paris?
Me: Masters in Energy Politics. Energy warrants a cross-discipline, cross-sector study as its supply and use is centre-stage of heated political debate at all levels, in relation to economic growth, sustainable development and climate change.
V.O: When did you study in France?
Me: Between 2013-2015
V.O: You are married?
Me: Yes, I am.
V.O: Any kid?
Me: I have a kid
V.O: Will they be going with you?
Me: No.
V.O: I could see that you have a scholarship
Me: Yes
V.O: Can I see the scholarship letter?
Me: I handed it over to him and he began to scrutinize it.

Me: I was awarded 20,000 dollars. Divided into 10,000 each semester. On my i-20, only 10,000 dollars was there.

V.O: Your visa is approved. Have this leaflet, it contains information for US bound student. And this white paper. You should pick your passport in 3 days. Congratulations and have a nice time in California.
Me: Thanks.

My personal opinion
I have guided a few students (genuine) to get admission to Universities in UK, US and France. One thing I tell them is that someone should always make sure that he or she is a genuine student. While this is not rigid, the following are my personal conviction to being successful at US visa interviews:
1. Note that no two interviews are 100% the same. You have to be alert enough and try asmuchas possible to avoid cramming your lines. Be flexible.
2. Do your best to be admitted to any of the tier 1 schools. If you can’t, go for only the top tier 2 schools and NOTHING LESS. Not only that good schools make your interview easy, it also helps in recouping your investment- top schools pay off earlier.
3. Have genuine documents. US embassy now confirms your documents at random. There is a rising case of students subjected to administrative processing. Be on the good side of the law.
4. Prepare for your interview. You can’t substitute good preparation for anything. Other things you do are addendum.
5. Be attentive when you get to the interview centre. I gained more listening to the transcripts of 3 students that were interviewed before me. I used them as a leapfrog. Do it too.
6. Be yourself. No stress, no panicking. Be confident and above all, trust in God. Do your part and leave the rest for God. No one beats his or her destiny.
I succeeded. You can and infact, you will!

42 Likes 3 Shares

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Delux4luv: 1:49am On Jun 16, 2019
Please, how do you navigate through the call to speak to an agent?

MykelBriggs1:

No argument but I think we should only put updated info on this platform. kindly call the US embassy (+23412278955) to verify the above claim. Right now, cancellation of appointment comes with payment of another MRV as a way of controlling the traffic. The picture attached is what an account that has never rescheduled nor canceled an appointment looks like. I personally called the embassy to clarify cos I read online that one can reschedule 4-5times thereabout. Now you can reschedule once only.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Bassmana: 2:16am On Jun 16, 2019
Congrats to your friend.
Allylic:
Good day everyone..
A friend of mine had her visa interview yesterday at Abuja Embassy and she really gained a lot from Nairaland...I deserve a trophy too because I am her mentor and coach..
Here is her transcripts
VO: Good morning
Me: Good morning
VO: pass me your i-20 and passport
Me: passed it
VO: what is your research interest
Me: Organic synthesis
VO: how did you get the assistantship
Me: I did GRE and TOEFL
Vo: do you have friends and siblings in the US
Me: No
VO: your visa to us has been approved at this time..I no hear anything after that..
I collected my white paper and left..
She said the interview was not more than 15 seconds..so brief and concise I must say..
Special thanks to all the bosses in the house..you guys are the real MVP
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Brown2Green(m): 3:14am On Jun 16, 2019
juliusdudu:

Transcript

Me: Good Morning
V.O: Good Morning
V.O: can you pass me your passport?
Me: struggling to pass through the passport via the small opening but succeeded in passing it immediately I became conscious that I am now at Walter Carrington. He opened my passport, then, I remember that I did not pass my other passport to him. I quickly did and he gladly collected it.
V.O: What are you studying at UC Berkeley
Me: LLM
V.O: You are going to UC Berkeley, Why UC?
Me: I am focusing on energy law.
V.O: Why Energy Law?
Me: Nigeria is currently grappling with the required power for development. Infact, she is in a full blown energy crisis. I want to focus my studies on the legal and regulatory aspect of the electricity market. California is one of the leaders in renewable energy, I want to learn about the system and find a way of adapting what suits our system. Nigeria must be able to develop the needed electricity infrastructure to power the economy.
V.O: I can see that you onces studied in France?
Me: Yes, I studied at one of France's Grand Ecole, precisely, Sciencespo Paris.
He focused on his computer. I suspected that he was confirming a few things about Sciencespo.
V.O: Oh! It has another name. I know the school with the other name. A good university.
Me: yes.
V.O: What did you study in Paris?
Me: Energy Politics. Energy warrants a cross-discipline, cross-sector study as its supply and use is centre-stage of heated political debate at all levels, in relation to economic growth, sustainable development and climate change.
V.O: When did you study in France?
Me: Between 2013-2015
I saw him looking through my old passport. He saw the Benin-Togo-Ghana stamp, moved to the French Visa, then my first France residence permit (OFII), then Qatar Visa.

V.O: You are married?
Me: Yes, I am.
V.O: Any kid?
Me: I have a kid
V.O: Will they be going with you?
Me: No.
V.O: I could see that you have a scholarship
Me: Yes
V.O: Can I see the scholarship letter?
Me: I handed it over to him and he began to scrutinize it.

Me: I was awarded 20,000 dollars. Divided into 10,000 each semester. On my i-20, only 10,000 dollars was there.

V.O: Your visa is approved. Have this leaflet, it contain information for US bound student. And this white paper. You should pick your passport in 3 days. Congratulations and have a nice time in California.
Me: Thanks.

My personal opinion:
I have guided a few students (genuine) to get admission to Universities in UK, US and France. One thing I tell them is that someone should always make sure that he or she is a genuine student. While this is not rigid, the following are my personal conviction to being successful at US visa interviews:
1. Note that no two interviews are 100% the same. You have to be alert enough and try asmuchas possible to avoid cramming your lines. Be flexible.
2. Do your best to be admitted to any of the tier1 schools. If you can’t, go for only the top tier 2 schools and NOTHING LESS. Not only that good schools make your interview easy, it also helps in recouping your investment- top schools pay off earlier.
3. Have genuine documents. US embassy now confirms your documents at random. There is a rising case of students subjected to administrative processing. Be on the good side of the law.
4. Prepare for your interview. You can’t substitute good preparation for anything. Other things you do are addendum.
5. Be attentive when you get to the interview centre. I gained more listening to the transcripts of 3 students that were interviewed before me. I used them as leapfrog. Do it too.
6. Be yourself. No stress, no panicking. Be confident and above all, trust in God. Do your part and leave the rest for God. No one beats his or her destiny.
I succeeded. You can and infact, you will!

Congrats Bravo

Quick question..

Did you sit for the LSAT exams?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Flaame(m): 4:10am On Jun 16, 2019
Passion2009:

Hello. Good morning. Please, I need clarifications on the following.

I already have my I-20 and sevis number but I do not understand what people mean when they talk about sevis fee/receipt?

Apart from the I-20, passport and Bank Statement, which other document(s) do I need to take along to the interview?

Thank you so much.
pls go and make your sevis fee payment as soon as possible because it'll increase from 200$ to $350 after 24th June ....stop asking questions and just get hell on and do it
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by juliusdudu: 4:26am On Jun 16, 2019
No. LLM candidate does not need LSAT. Only JD students are required to write LSAT

Brown2Green:

Congrats Bravo

Quick question..

Did you sit for the LSAT exams?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Flaame(m): 4:37am On Jun 16, 2019
Pefuele:

I had a similar experience.The point he gave may not be excellent but are fair enough.He could have just talk about passion and personalize it with a short story.
Jobs should have been left out...it is okay to say it offers more opportunities!
However,the reason I see for the denial is not this response but the SOA.The calculations the VO they make shows he wasn't convince about something and he mentioned co-sponsored whereas he has only one SOA.If he has both it may have changed the complexion.
I told the VO co-sponsored last year and she gave me a funny 'family is struggling financially look'.
Another could have approved though!
Never,wanted to drop a comment but now I have to... It's the SOA!
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by juliusdudu: 4:58am On Jun 16, 2019
Simply go and pay a new fee. I paid for MRV 3 times before I went for my interview. I had a similar experience.

Cryomancer:
Goodmorning house. Please I scheduled an appointment yesterday and I tried to change the date to an available date today, so I clicked on the cancel appointment option. Now my MRV number has been bouncing back. Please who have any idea what I can do thanks. I've used the feedback option but no response yet.

I'm open to any ideas. Thanks

Cc: fairheart brown2green Lagosismyhome bracelum walspring sheke01
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Cryomancer: 7:17am On Jun 16, 2019
juliusdudu:
Simply go and pay a new fee. I paid for MRV 3 times before I went for my interview. I had a similar experience.

God help my life...my #59,000 just went like that?.. nobody should talk about the #200 on it first, that's a story for another day.. cry cry cry

2 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Time2win(m): 7:25am On Jun 16, 2019
Flaame:
Never,wanted to drop a comment but now I have to... It's the SOA!

Lol. We are all guessing. No one knows why the V.O refused him.

2 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Katripka: 8:07am On Jun 16, 2019
Hi Guys!

I've been a silent reader but I thought to share my experience

Visa was denied at the US Consulate Lagos

My transcript goes thus:

VO: Pass me your Passport, I-20, SEVIS

Me: Passes documents

VO: How did you get the scholarship?

Me: A culmination of my application - competitive GRE Score, Quality work experience, stellar recommendations and an impressive interview experience

VO: (looks impressed)...I can see your husband has been in the US for the past one year. Care to explain why?

Me: We are divorced, He is my ex-husband.........

VO: Sorry, you do not qualify for the visa...blah blah and hands me the pink slip

Me: Walks away feeling super-dejected

(Please note; My total funding was $75,594 per Annum = $151,188 for two years)

3 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (37) (38) (39) (40) (41) (42) (43) ... (779)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? / Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 84
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.