Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,940 members, 7,799,191 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 04:47 PM

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 - Travel (394) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (1352132 Views)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (391) (392) (393) (394) (395) (396) (397) ... (779) (Go Down)

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by kemmystree2015: 4:28pm On Feb 24, 2020
Milkshakes01:

You need to indicate that you bringing a dependent on your I-20.

The bolded is wrong. View attachment for clarification.

Since he is a US citizen, I am saying he wouldn’t require a visa

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by segunbolawole: 7:16pm On Feb 24, 2020
Yes, that should do, but then consider doing GRE

And someone already suggested Iowa state university. Then try coin your interest in your statement of purpose away from where you had low grades to where you had high grades. It helps.
leckson58:
Thanks bro. I just checked my results and I did 24 animal science courses with a total of 44 units grin. I got 13As, 7Bs, 2Es, 1C and 1D. I think that should do or what do you think.

I'm still searching for schools but if you have any one in mind please share.

I appreciate your support so far. Thanks and God bless you.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by TheGrandChemist(m): 7:47pm On Feb 24, 2020
WORTH NOTING!

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Nobody: 9:35pm On Feb 24, 2020
realjidejamal:
Boss pls are you going for your Msc with your HND? I have OND, HND and PGD Will I be Accepted for Msc if I applied to a Universityand if I do that mean I would have to send all my academics transcript to the school?

I will be looking forward to read from you. God Bless

Kindly evaluate your transcript(OND & HND) with a NACES member
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by arcTY(m): 11:05pm On Feb 24, 2020
thanks, i appreciate your response...

Lightp:

Hmmm.

Ok ooo.

On means, you can send it on that very 28 of February.
About means, you can send it before the very 28 of February of around that period.

So to be on a safe side, send it before 28 or on 28.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by oracle009(m): 2:51pm On Feb 25, 2020
Thank you for the help so far.

I got a PhD admission to MCB at Ohio University with full tuition waiver and teaching assistantship. My i-20 came in last week and there was no deficit. However, I was asked to hold $2k for initial survival.
Stated on the i-20, program starts August 12, 2020
Class begins August 24, 2020
Earliest admission date: july 13, 2020.

MY ENQUIRIES:
1. Can I go ahead and pay my SEVIS fee now? Who can you refer to help me with making the payment in USA?

2. Should I go ahead and make my Visa payment and pick an appointment date now? Won't it be too early considering that August is the resumption. If not, when will be the right time to apply?

Thank you

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Onyedika11(m): 4:16pm On Feb 25, 2020
Please, how can one move from being on a wait-list to getting admitted?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Next2Bezee(m): 6:37pm On Feb 25, 2020
Hey house

I was just admitted to my uni of choice for fall 2020, Mnsu, and my i20 is ready to shipped.

My question is how soon can I go to the embassy for the f1 visa interview, for fall 2020. If I go next month, will be too early?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by sultanfortune(m): 6:47pm On Feb 25, 2020
Onyedika11:
Please, how can one move from being on a wait-list to getting admitted?

There is actually nothing you can do about getting yourself out from waitlist.

Just be praying and fasting so hard that someone or multiple people drop their offer from that your department while you hope that you are ranked high on the waitlist to be taken off the waitlist.

If I may ask, were you waitlisted because of funding?

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by sultanfortune(m): 6:54pm On Feb 25, 2020
oracle009:

I got a PhD admission to Cell & Molecular Biology at Ohio University with full tuition waiver and teaching assistantship. My i-20 came in last week and there was no deficit. However, I was asked to hold $2k for initial survival.

MY ENQUIRIES:
1. Can I go ahead and pay my SEVIS fee now? Who can you refer to help me with making the payment in USA?

2. Should I go ahead and make my Visa payment and pick an appointment date now? Won't it be too early considering that August is the resumption. If not, when will be the right time to apply?

3. What are my chances at obtaining a Visa. I'm married with a kid and I have over 4yrs experience in my field. I am 28years old

4. Attached is an extract of my i-20 for perusal and suggestions.

Thank you

(1)You can go ahead and pay your sevis fee at this time since you have everything handy (I-20). You can pm Walspring on here, I think he help people pay for sevis fee.

(2) You can go ahead and book your visa interview but make sure It’s within 120 days to the start of your program indicated on your I-20.

(3) Nobody here can predict ur chances of getting the visa cos we r not visa officers. Just prepare and build your confidence level n convince the VO to approve your visa. Furthermore, being married n having a kid is a plus for you cos ur home ties r strong with them back home in Nigeria.

Good luck.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by sultanfortune(m): 6:55pm On Feb 25, 2020
Next2Bezee:
Hey house

I was just admitted to my uni of choice for fall 2020, Mnsu, and my i20 is ready to shipped.

My question is how soon can I go to the embassy for the f1 visa interview, for fall 2020. If I go next month, will be too early?

You can only pick a date not less than 120 days to the start of your program.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by oracle009(m): 7:16pm On Feb 25, 2020
sultanfortune:

(1)You can go ahead and pay your sevis fee at this time since you have everything handy (I-20). You can pm Walspring on here, I think he help people pay for sevis fee.

(2) You can go ahead and book your visa interview but make sure It’s within 120 days to the start of your program indicated on your I-20.

(3) Nobody here can predict ur chances of getting the visa cos we r not visa officers. Just prepare and build your confidence level n convince the VO to approve your visa. Furthermore, being married n having a kid is a plus for you cos ur home ties r strong with them back home in Nigeria.

Good luck.

Thank you Sir.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Nobody: 8:01pm On Feb 25, 2020

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by sultanfortune(m): 8:30pm On Feb 25, 2020
iPLEXUS:
Profession: Medical Doctor
WES Evaluation: 3.26
GRE: 313
Prospective program: Masters of public health
Schools for Spring semester 2021
Georgia State university
Florida International university
University of Illinois Springfield
University of South Florida
Any chance of full funding for spring?
Advice please....
Choice of Spring semester was because of the timing of my programs here in Nigeria.

Nobody here can tell you if you have chances of funding or not for the Spring 2021.

If I were you, the rational thing to do is to email the public health dept of the various schools you listed here and ask them if they fund admitted students for the Spring semester.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Onyedika11(m): 9:50pm On Feb 25, 2020
I don't think it's funding issue because PhD programs are usually funded
sultanfortune:

There is actually nothing you can do about getting yourself out from waitlist.

Just be praying and fasting so hard that someone or multiple people drop their offer from that your department while you hope that you are ranked high on the waitlist to be taking off the waitlist.

If I may ask, were you waitlisted because of funding?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Milkshakes01(f): 10:01pm On Feb 25, 2020
Ooh sorry

kemmystree2015:

Since he is a US citizen, I am saying he wouldn’t require a visa
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by sultanfortune(m): 10:16pm On Feb 25, 2020
Onyedika11:

I don't think it's funding issue because PhD programs are usually funded

It is for funding.

Some people are also admitted into PhD programs without funding especially those who apply after deadline for seeking GA elapsed.

In your case you are on waitlist because they have admitted their cohorts for the Fall 2020 and put you and some others on waitlist. What that entails is that if any person(s) reject their funded offer after April 15, they will then move to those on waitlist and make offers of admission and assistantship.

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Onyedika11(m): 11:44pm On Feb 25, 2020
Thank you for this information
sultanfortune:

It is for funding.

Some people are also admitted into PhD programs without funding especially those who apply after deadline for seeking GA elapsed.

In your case you are on waitlist because they have admitted their cohorts for the Fall 2020 and put you and some others on waitlist. What that entails is that if any person(s) reject their funded offer after April 15, they will then move to those on waitlist and make offers of admission and assistantship.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Paragontek: 7:35am On Feb 26, 2020
Please I need help with my ds160 form.
While filling my work experience within the last five years, can I add my work experience during NYSC and a self-employed teaching job i did immediately after my NYSC before I got employed 8 months later.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Paragontek: 8:35am On Feb 26, 2020
My passport will be expiring in May, 2021. Do I need to renew it before going for visa interview?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Xenjin: 9:14am On Feb 26, 2020
Abacino007:

Can I DM you?

Yes u can
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by thekingofafrica: 9:29am On Feb 26, 2020
Any Minnesota State University Mankato applicant here? Submitted my application about a month ago, no response yet
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by ThePianoGuy: 12:39pm On Feb 26, 2020
Why are people still applying to study in the US grin
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Paragontek: 1:08pm On Feb 26, 2020
ThePianoGuy:

Is studying in China better?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Futuragetty: 1:23pm On Feb 26, 2020
ThePianoGuy:
Is there any reason we shouldn't come to the US for studies?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Sundaaaaay: 1:49pm On Feb 26, 2020
ThePianoGuy:
Hello brother, can I add you on wechat? I sent you a mail, if u don’t mind, u can reply me so that I can add u.
Thanks
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by NwanyiOkpa(f): 2:29pm On Feb 26, 2020
TheGrandChemist:
WORTH NOTING!

Nice

1 Like 1 Share

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Lady0001: 5:28pm On Feb 26, 2020
horlahsunbo225:

Here U have it

Thanks so much for this
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Pefuele(m): 5:37pm On Feb 26, 2020
Paragontek:
My passport will be expiring in May, 2021. Do I need to renew it before going for visa interview?
You can use it to book for interview for fall2020.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by MERCHANDISER: 5:59pm On Feb 26, 2020
I studied Animal science in my first degree with second class upper division honours (2.1) Please how can i benefit from USA scholarship program for international students and which University in USA offer courses that's related to my field?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by bayocanny: 10:49pm On Feb 26, 2020
Abacino007:

Can I DM you?
go ahead
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by water4: 1:04am On Feb 27, 2020
Congrats bro..can you please share your profile? Did you write GMAT/GRE, etc ?

oracle009:

I got a PhD admission to MCB at Ohio University with full tuition waiver and teaching assistantship. My i-20 came in last week and there was no deficit. However, I was asked to hold $2k for initial survival.

MY ENQUIRIES:

Thank you

(1) (2) (3) ... (391) (392) (393) (394) (395) (396) (397) ... (779)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? / Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.