Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,852 members, 7,806,407 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 03:58 PM

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 - Travel (405) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (1354884 Views)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (402) (403) (404) (405) (406) (407) (408) ... (779) (Go Down)

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Stevenssen(m): 12:06pm On Mar 12, 2020
Lildairo:
Hello house,

Pls, must SEVIS fee be paid only via GT Bank Western Union or GTBank is just for VISA only?

Pls it's urgent.

Thanks.
SEVIS has to be paid from the US.
gtb is for visa fee

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Nobody: 12:09pm On Mar 12, 2020
Lildairo:
Hello house,

Pls, must SEVIS fee be paid only via GT Bank Western Union or GTBank is just for VISA only?

Pls it's urgent.

1. You can't pay SEVIS fee via GTB ( it can only be paid at the seme border or someone in the US pays it for you).

2. It is only visa fee you can pay at GTBank

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by jhidey08(m): 12:54pm On Mar 12, 2020
fairheart:
You are welcome. Be free to contact anyone or drop your questions on the thread. Wish you the best!

Thanks a bunch, I’ll do that whenever i need to.

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by jhidey08(m): 4:00pm On Mar 12, 2020
Good afternoon house, please I’ll like to know if it’s advisable for me to send my Bsc transcripts by myself as my school (ABU, Zaria) is fond of sending them late (up to 2-3months). The last time I sent transcripts for my Msc, I collected a sealed copy and sent it by myself via DHL using the registrar as the sender and it was duly received.
Please what do you think? I’m sending to University of Georgia.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by brashear: 5:11pm On Mar 12, 2020
jhidey08:
Good afternoon house, please I’ll like to know if it’s advisable for me to send my Bsc transcripts by myself as my school (ABU, Zaria) is fond of sending them late (up to 2-3months). The last time I sent transcripts for my Msc, I collected a sealed copy and sent it by myself via DHL using the registrar as the sender and it was duly received.
Please what do you think? I’m sending to University of Georgia.

is your Bsc transcript sealed? use the same process if its sealed.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by jhidey08(m): 5:27pm On Mar 12, 2020
brashear:

is your Bsc transcript sealed? use the same process if its sealed.
Yes, it’s always sealed. Thanks.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Nobody: 6:31pm On Mar 12, 2020
Good day everyone.

Is it compulsory that a letter of recommendation must be from a Professor?

Does it make much difference when applying?

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Rabato: 6:47pm On Mar 12, 2020
Peterjosh:
Good day everyone.

Well all the applications I made I didn’t use any professor and I was admitted, our Nigeria professors don’t have that time. I am not even sure if they do contact them.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Nobody: 7:43pm On Mar 12, 2020
Rabato:

Well all the applications I made I didn’t use any professor and I was admitted, our Nigeria professors don’t have that time. I am not even sure if they do contact them.

Thanks Chief. I have been racking my head for a while about this issue.

I am not even close to anyone of them as I intend gathering all necessary documents for my own application against next year fall.

Will make do with the doctors...!!!!
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Rabato: 7:53pm On Mar 12, 2020
Peterjosh:

Thanks Chief. I have been racking my head for a while about this issue.

I am not even close to anyone of them as I intend gathering all necessary documents for my own application against next year fall.

Will make do with the doctors...!!!!

Buzz me let’s talk
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Nobody: 8:18pm On Mar 12, 2020
Rabato:

Buzz me let’s talk

Right in ur dm sir...
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Rabato: 8:27pm On Mar 12, 2020
Peterjosh:

Right in ur dm sir...

Alright boss
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by udi2111: 8:37am On Mar 13, 2020
Anyone know any reliable person or trusted center that can register TOEFL for 40-45k.
I called mafit but they said TOEFL is 100k which is beyond my budget.
I need it urgently please help.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by thekingofafrica: 8:47am On Mar 13, 2020
udi2111:
Anyone know any reliable person or trusted center that can register TOEFL for 40-45k.
I called mafit but they said TOEFL is 100k which is beyond my budget.
I need it urgently please help.
a guy helped me with mine, the cost was 45k but I needed to write toefl within three days so I paid 60k for late reg and all, I’m not sure I can post phone number on this page?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by udi2111: 8:50am On Mar 13, 2020
thekingofafrica:
a guy helped me with mine, the cost was 45k but I needed to write toefl within three days so I paid 60k for late reg and all, I’m not sure I can post phone number on this page?
Can you link me up with the guy that registered you for 45k?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by thekingofafrica: 9:56am On Mar 13, 2020
udi2111:

Can you link me up with the guy that registered you for 45k?
sure
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by SoccerUSA(m): 11:50am On Mar 13, 2020
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Pepperoni001: 12:30pm On Mar 13, 2020
Funnily, I used a prof, an a medical doctor and I was admitted. grin grin

Peterjosh:
Good day everyone.

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Paragontek: 12:39pm On Mar 13, 2020
Please how do I pay for sevis fee using PayPal?
And who knows how genuine are SevisExpress guys?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Pepperoni001: 12:47pm On Mar 13, 2020
Good Afternoon everyone.

I was admitted by Eastern Illinois University for FALL 2019 with no funding and my Tuition and Living expenses was estimated at $25,598.

I was actually denied and I was forced to defer the admit till FALL 2020.

I paid application fee and I was readmitted given GA that comes with a monthly stipend and also a tuition waiver.

I sent an inquiry email to the International Students office inquiring about what my statement of account for I20 to show and I was informed that I have a deficit of just $4,598.

Meanwhile, I applied to Western Carolina University for FALL 2020 and I was added a GA of $11,500 but it doesn't come with tuition waiver and an inquiry mail showed I have a deficit of about $23,500.

Here is my challenge:

Does anyone here knows which school is highly ranked among the two of them?.

Secondly, my dad is my sponsor, but he doesn't have such amount presently for both deficits in his account because he has used them up for investment that wont mature till July. Can I indicate my dad as sponsor on form DS-190 and present my maternal Uncle's statement at the embassy for the interview sake or how can I go about it.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Pepperoni001: 12:49pm On Mar 13, 2020
You can't pay sevis fee from Nigeria even though you have a paypal account,

I do not know about the latter.

Paragontek:
Please how do I pay for sevis fee using PayPal?
And who knows how genuine are SevisExpress guys?

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by sultanfortune(m): 1:00pm On Mar 13, 2020
Pepperoni001:
Good Afternoon everyone.

I was admitted by Eastern Illinois University for FALL 2019 with no funding and my Tuition and Living expenses was estimated at $25,598.

I was actually denied and I was forced to defer the admit till FALL 2020.

I paid application fee and I was readmitted given GA that comes with a monthly stipend and also a tuition waiver.

I sent an inquiry email to the International Students office inquiring about what my statement of account for I20 to show and I was informed that I have a deficit of just $4,598.

Meanwhile, I applied to Western Carolina University for FALL 2020 and I was added a GA of $11,500 but it doesn't come with tuition waiver and an inquiry mail showed I have a deficit of about $23,500.

Here is my challenge:

Does anyone here knows which school is highly ranked among the two of them?.

Secondly, my dad is my sponsor, but he doesn't have such amount presently for both deficits in his account because he has used them up for investment that wont mature till July. Can I indicate my dad as sponsor on form DS-190 and present my maternal Uncle's statement at the embassy for the interview sake or how can I go about it.

Both universities are ranked in the regional universities category.

While the Eastern Illinois University is ranked 40 in regional universities Midwest, Western Carolina University is ranked 23 in regional universities South.

At this stage, I don’t think ranking should be your priority, would you rather go to Western Carolina University because they are ranked 23 in regional universities South with 20 something thousand dollar deficit, or would you not be better off with Eastern Illinois University with deficit of 4kplus.

Again, your chances of being denied visa with 20kplus deficit is on the high side regardless of ranking than when you are going with a similar regional ranked school with only 4K deficit. The question now is, will your father be able to even foot the 20k plus deficit. To me, 4K plus is still reasonable for him to be able to foot without grumbling.

With regards to statement of account, YES you can use your uncle SOA to get your I-20 and attend the visa interview, while your dad get the funds back to foot your deficit when resuming in school.

I hope this helps.

7 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Pepperoni001: 1:18pm On Mar 13, 2020
Thanks for the advise. It actually helped

I am actually going with the school with $4k deficit.

Are you saying I can put my dad as sponsor on I20 and use my uncle's SOA for interview?

sultanfortune:

Both universities are ranked in the regional universities category.

While the Eastern Illinois University is ranked 40 in regional universities Midwest, Western Carolina University is ranked 23 in regional universities South.

At this stage, I don’t think ranking should be your priority, would you rather go to Western Carolina University because they are ranked 23 in regional universities South with 20 something thousand dollar deficit, or would you not be better off with Eastern Illinois University with deficit of 4kplus.

Again, your chances of being denied visa with 20kplus deficit is on the high side regardless of ranking than when you are going with a similar regional ranked school with only 4K deficit. The question now is, will your father be able to even foot the 20k plus deficit. To me, 4K plus is still reasonable for him to be able to foot without grumbling.

With regards to statement of account, YES you can use your uncle SOA to get your I-20 and attend the visa interview, while your dad get the funds back to foot your deficit when resuming in school.

I hope this helps.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by sultanfortune(m): 1:31pm On Mar 13, 2020
Pepperoni001:
Thanks for the advise. It actually helped

I am actually going with the school with $4k deficit.

Are you saying I can put my dad as sponsor on I20 and use my uncle's SOA for interview?

Well! If your uncle will be willing to sponsor you with his funds, it will be fine you use him as your sponsor. After all he is also your family too. Your father can take over the sponsorship from him subsequently.

In essence, if your uncle will be willing to commit the 4K plus for you for the first semester, use him on your DS-160 and take his statement of account to the interview too. You can’t have one person on your DS-160 and another for your statement of account during your visa interview because it will contradict things for you.

6 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by jhidey08(m): 6:59pm On Mar 13, 2020
Good evening my people, I’ve come again today. Please I was contacted by the Immigration service of my University about the type of student visa I intend to apply for, it should be F1 right?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Comique(m): 8:07pm On Mar 13, 2020
Good evening all,

I just got admitted to FSU for fall 2020. My uncle is my sponsor, I need to show SOA of $35k, he sent three bank SOA to the school that in accumulation to $50k and I have my I-20.

The questions are

1. Will the Embassy accept those three SOA from me, or it is a must it should be in a single acct.

2. Since these SOA were printed in January and my interview is in May, Do I need to have updated SOA or those printed in January will work??
Thank you.

I hope to get response soon.

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by brashear: 10:08pm On Mar 13, 2020
jhidey08:
Good evening my people, I’ve come again today. Please I was contacted by the Immigration service of my University about the type of student visa I intend to apply for, it should be F1 right?

Yes F1
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by brashear: 10:29pm On Mar 13, 2020
Comique:
Good evening all,

I just got admitted to FSU for fall 2020. My uncle is my sponsor, I need to show SOA of $35k, he sent three bank SOA to the school that in accumulation to $50k and I have my I-20.

The questions are

1. Will the Embassy accept those three SOA from me, or it is a must it should be in a single acct.

2. Since these SOA were printed in January and my interview is in May, Do I need to have updated SOA or those printed in January will work??
Thank you.

I hope to get response soon.

I'm not sure about three SOAs but people had provided two SOAs at the embassy. Moreover, make sure one virtually covers your cost of attendance and has frequent transactions.

You have to print another one. Your SOA must be less than 6 weeks.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Comique(m): 10:49pm On Mar 13, 2020
brashear:

I'm not sure about three SOAs but people had provided two SOAs at the embassy. Moreover, make sure one virtually covers your cost of attendance and has frequent transactions.

You have to print another one. Your SOA must be less than 6 weeks.

Thank you.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by jhidey08(m): 11:48pm On Mar 13, 2020
brashear:

Yes F1
Thanks
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Moshkom(m): 11:48pm On Mar 13, 2020
jhidey08:

YES. F1!!

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by jhidey08(m): 11:49pm On Mar 13, 2020
Moshkom:

YES. F1!!
Thanks

(1) (2) (3) ... (402) (403) (404) (405) (406) (407) (408) ... (779)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? / Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.