Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,246 members, 7,807,837 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 08:23 PM

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 - Travel (414) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (1355424 Views)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (411) (412) (413) (414) (415) (416) (417) ... (779) (Go Down)

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by iSpitonYourGrav: 7:36pm On Apr 01, 2020
May I ask why
Mosminic:

I actually got accepted to WVU. But I'm most definitely rejecting.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Mosminic(m): 7:46pm On Apr 01, 2020
iSpitonYourGrav:
May I ask why
I got a better offer from another school
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by fairheart(m): 8:06pm On Apr 01, 2020
I am glad you find it helpful. All the best!
Marchenry:

Thank you so much for this information, will be really helpful moving forward for me �

1 Like 1 Share

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by fairheart(m): 8:09pm On Apr 01, 2020
It is not a problem. Move on with the application, or contact your department or graduate office about it.
mikeayus:
Hello guys...good evening, I submitted application for ms business Intelligence and analytics to Stevens institute of technology and shortly after..I discovered they waived letters of recommendation for me on the portal. I just submitted an application to Rowan university today and they too have just waived one letter of recommendation on my application portal. I'm beginning to wonder why this and if anybody has experienced such here...my experienced ogas in the house..pls shed some light. Thanks

Cc justwise fairheart imperiouxx lagosismyhome

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by mikeayus(m): 8:42pm On Apr 01, 2020
fairheart:
It is not a problem. Move on with the application, or contact your department or graduate office about it.

Oh okay, thank you
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by vc1177(m): 10:23pm On Apr 01, 2020
Good evening Everyone. Please, is it possible to book an appointment for visa, for a 5-year course starting in 2020 hopefully, with a passport that will expire in 2023?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by fairheart(m): 10:48pm On Apr 01, 2020
Yes, that is fine.
vc1177:
Good evening Everyone. Please, is it possible to book an appointment for visa, for a 5-year course starting in 2020 hopefully, with a passport that will expire in 2023?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Princekenuk: 12:49am On Apr 02, 2020
Is there anyone heading to Murray State University, Kentucky? I just got this admission notification from them.

Dear Student, Please see attached letter regarding your admission status. I will need a financial guarantee with at least 23,702.00 US dollars before I can issue your I-20.

Is it a good offer?

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Nobody: 2:01am On Apr 02, 2020
Princekenuk:
Is there anyone heading to Murray State University, Kentucky? I just got this admission notification from them.

Dear Student, Please see attached letter regarding your admission status. I will need a financial guarantee with at least 23,702.00 US dollars before I can issue your I-20.

Is it a good offer?

It depends on the financial capability of your purse /family. Meanwhile, I suggest you request for GA (if need be) to reduce the deficit.

Good luck
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by mikeayus(m): 7:24am On Apr 02, 2020
Horlars17:
Good Evening house, any prospective BGSU students on here for Fall 2020? Particularly, student of Applied Statistics and Operations Research. Please, I need to get some updates.

NB: Feel free to message/comment even though you are going for another program different from what I asked. Thank you.

Hello..I just submitted an application for ms analytics for fall 2020. What's up with you?

Cc rkarang I would like us to connect since we applied for same course bro..cheers

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by chrisadigwe: 8:48am On Apr 02, 2020
Good morning,

Any admit students for georgia state university. Let talk abeg.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Princekenuk: 9:39am On Apr 02, 2020
Please I need more information from you. I want to apply to these two schools. My field is Biology/Chemistry. Hope they didn't collect application fee? I need your email please.

mikeayus:
Hello guys...good evening, I submitted application for ms business Intelligence and analytics to Stevens institute of technology and shortly after..I discovered they waived letters of recommendation for me on the portal. I just submitted an application to Rowan university today and they too have just waived one letter of recommendation on my application portal. I'm beginning to wonder why this and if anybody has experienced such here...my experienced ogas in the house..pls shed some light. Thanks

Cc justwise fairheart imperiouxx lagosismyhome
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Princekenuk: 9:49am On Apr 02, 2020
Hope this BGSU waived GRE and TOEFL tests? I registered GRE with one AFFORDABLE TESTS and he scammed me. I have been so worried and depressed. I gave up on my dream schools. But seeing your posts, one need to bounce back. I need to capitalize on this virus saga period to submit more applications since tests and application fee are waived at the moment. Hope it is the same with Rowan University and Stevens Institute of technology?

mikeayus:

Hello..I just submitted an application for ms analytics for fall 2020. What's up with you?

Cc rkarang I would like us to connect since we applied for same course bro..cheers
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Princekenuk: 9:50am On Apr 02, 2020
Please does Texas Tech University waive application fee?

Northeastern:
Texas Tech is being proactive here.

You can be in your house in Nigeria and be performing GA duties and getting paid.

No GRE or TOEFl? No problem.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by mikeayus(m): 10:16am On Apr 02, 2020
Princekenuk:
Please I need more information from you. I want to apply to these two schools. My field is Biology/Chemistry. Hope they didn't collect application fee? I need your email please.

No problem, I was able to get a application fee waiver for Stevens and luckily international graduate application is free in Rowan. You can send me a pm via my nairaland mail. Cheers
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by mikeayus(m): 10:18am On Apr 02, 2020
Princekenuk:
Hope this BGSU waived GRE and TOEFL tests? I registered GRE with one AFFORDABLE TESTS and he scammed me. I have been so worried and depressed. I gave up on my dream schools. But seeing your posts, one need to bounce back. I need to capitalize on this virus saga period to submit more applications since tests and application fee are waived at the moment. Hope it is the same with Rowan University and Stevens Institute of technology?

Sorry about your experience bro, Never give up on your dreams bro..yeah
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Pepperoni001: 12:11pm On Apr 02, 2020
I was offered admission last year and I was told categorically that they don’t fund international students.

Mo ya look away

Princekenuk:

Is it a good offer?

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Princekenuk: 12:21pm On Apr 02, 2020
Hmmmmmm. Am going for Msc Chemistry program. The Chair of the Chemistry department promised me that he'll ensure that I will be one of the five graduate teaching assistantship($10,000, though little)positions in the department for fall. He gave me that assurance because he was impressed with my profile. That made me to apply ooooo. Let me keep watching events unfold. I also applied to some other schools. It's just a safe school in my list.

Pepperoni001:
I was offered admission last year and I was told categorically that they don’t fund international students.

Mo ya look away

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Richmond996: 1:16pm On Apr 02, 2020
Hello everyone, how is it going?
Can anyone here recommend a link where i can see a list of schools that provide some sort of scholarship for an intended masters student who graduated with a good undergrad GPA
Thank you
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Shuayb0(m): 1:50pm On Apr 02, 2020
Northeastern:
Texas Tech is being proactive here.

You can be in your house in Nigeria and be performing GA duties and getting paid.

No GRE or TOEFl? No problem.
Do you know if they offer GMAT waiver?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by slashthroat: 2:02pm On Apr 02, 2020
The fees i am getting for PhD is just bleeping outrageous.

3 schools have told me no funding for now. Everything suspended and even when the virus is settled it will take a while for things to go back to normal

I asked one of them what "a while" meant and he just wouldn't answer.

Anyone knows school with funding for PhD in ( management) Info systems

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by vc1177(m): 2:14pm On Apr 02, 2020
HerMoney:
Hello guys.

I'm new to this particular thread. Please help me out. I have admission for Spring 2020. (January 2 to be precise)

When is the best time to go for my interview, that won't be too early or too late. I am ready to book the interview but I want to know the best time to do so. Your advice will be appreciated.

Thanks Everyone.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Princekenuk: 3:20pm On Apr 02, 2020
Please I need more schools that are waiving test requirements as a result of covid-19?

Shuayb0:
Do you know if they offer GMAT waiver?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Legit215(m): 3:23pm On Apr 02, 2020
Mid September, October
vc1177:

Hello Everyone. Looking at the nature of current situations, if one wants to apply for Spring 2021, when is the best time to go for visa interview, that won't be too early or too late?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Neyor0402: 5:28pm On Apr 02, 2020
Good evening house, please is there anyone admitted to Lincoln university Oakland for summer program?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by teecrush: 6:24pm On Apr 02, 2020
sent you a message

Dgreatestt:

Hi, My GA came separately after admission, some weeks after actually. But you can mail your GC to ask about funding update.

If you have been accepted to Texas Tech for this Fall, kindly DM let's connect.

Stay safe all.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Nobody: 7:30pm On Apr 02, 2020
Obinoscopy,

I need a reply because I'd like to make decisions over my future.

I'll soon wind up my B. Pharm programme from a nigerian university. I'm weighing my options in the USA, it had always been my dream destination.

1. I heard Pharm D is the only acceptable minimum to practise pharmacy in the USA, but i'll be graduating with a B. Pharm here in Nigeria. So, to practise there, can I enroll for a Pharm D programme in the USA and what cost can you estimate for me based on that?

2. Any American resident with valuable information can reply me please. This corona strike has got me planning about my future.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Nobody: 7:31pm On Apr 02, 2020
Gboyegad and co

Please does a high GP at undergraduate level increase your chances of landing a scholarship on postgraduate level?

What other factors can increase one's chances
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by GboyegaD(m): 8:04pm On Apr 02, 2020
AkeNathan:
Gboyegad and co

Please does a high GP at undergraduate level increase your chances of landing a scholarship on postgraduate level?

What other factors can increase one's chances

Good letters of recommendation, good test scores, and a very good sop.

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Obinoscopy(m): 3:39am On Apr 03, 2020
@AkeNathan, you can practice as a Pharmacist with your B Pharm as long as it was a 5 year program. There's a process required though. You'll need to write FPGEE and TOEFL exam. And then you'll need to do a 1500hrs internship and then write NAPLEX. Once that's done, voila, you'll get your license.

Concerning the cost for Pharm D, Google can help you wink.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Callmiabbby: 9:59am On Apr 03, 2020
kilankoazeez:

With the little I know, if you do not pay now you can't secure your I20 and there's no way you can apply for Visa processing with the I20 available.

thanks for answering but I have my 120 already.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by freshStarz: 10:08am On Apr 03, 2020
Hi
Please who can help out. I need a bank statement of about 12million in order to finish processing and receiving my i20 from my school.

(1) (2) (3) ... (411) (412) (413) (414) (415) (416) (417) ... (779)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? / Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.