Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,093 members, 7,807,269 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 11:45 AM

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 - Travel (504) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (1355257 Views)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (501) (502) (503) (504) (505) (506) (507) ... (779) (Go Down)

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Cocao(f): 2:14pm On Jul 09, 2020
sheke01:

If people wey get experience dey tell you something you go dey argue because say you get data, phone and nairaland account.

So stop dreaming and trying to explain something you have no idea about. ICE issuing out that directive were not trying to help embassy reopen because embassy is the sole responsibility of USCIS that are currently fighting their own battle with solvency

You are making sense. I understand. But nobody needs to hear the epistle you just wrote. People on this thread want hope, even a ray of it will make their day. Most of what you typed could be true, but right now, nobody wants to hear that. It is not your job to give anyone the reality on ground, believe me, they know this reality. But reality has never stopped anyone from hoping or having more faith. There is a time for everything and Sir, kindly note that now is not the time for what you typed.

13 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by sheke01: 3:02pm On Jul 09, 2020
Cocao:

You are making sense. I understand. But nobody needs to hear the epistle you just wrote. People on this thread want hope, even a ray of it will make their day. Most of what you typed could be true, but right now, nobody wants to hear that. It is not your job to give anyone the reality on ground, believe me, they know this reality. But reality has never stopped anyone from hoping or having more faith. There is a time for everything and Sir, kindly note that now is not the time for what you typed.

So it's ok for the thread to be based on misinformation as long as it gives people false hope?

Can you even hear how you sound right now

8 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Predstan: 3:07pm On Jul 09, 2020
Cocao:

You mean we can fabricate information and mislead people as long as it gives hope Lol

4 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by lifeofgolden1: 3:08pm On Jul 09, 2020
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Cocao(f): 3:09pm On Jul 09, 2020
sheke01:

So it's ok for the thread to be based on misinformation as long as it gives people false hope?

I took your advise. I am trying to hear how I sound right now. So I read his intial post again as against the ICE FAQs, then read your post again and read my response out loud.

In all of these, I could not find one thing that was a mis-information or a fallacy. The points where he could not absolutely be certain, he made sure to say it was an asumption.

I still maintain that nobody asked for your lecture.

11 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Friedpotato: 3:10pm On Jul 09, 2020
Cocao:

actually, a lot of people here want to know the real reality of things so they can plan adequately.

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Cocao(f): 3:14pm On Jul 09, 2020
Friedpotato:
actually, a lot of people here want to know the real reality of things so they can plan adequately.

Thank you for pointing it out.

2 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Cocao(f): 3:15pm On Jul 09, 2020
Predstan:

You mean we can fabricate information and mislead people as long as it gives hope Lol

I never said or insinuated so. There was never a fabrication of information in the first place.

2 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Predstan: 3:21pm On Jul 09, 2020
Cocao:

I never said or insinuated so. There was never a fabrication of information in the first place.
You dont understand it. It is better to know what's on ground and the reality so that you can plan adequately than being hopeful where there is no way. Even Current students dont know the direction Fall 2020 will go talk more of visa applicants.

2 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Cocao(f): 3:24pm On Jul 09, 2020
Predstan:

You dont understand it. It is better to know what's on ground and the reality so that you can plan adequately than being hopeful where there is no way. Even Current students dont know the direction Fall 2020 will go talk more of visa applicants.

Okay. Thank you so much for your feedback.

5 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by sheke01: 3:28pm On Jul 09, 2020
Cocao:

Did you also try to go through the flow of the thread to understand what led to that epistle? There would have been no need for you to take the pain of going through ICE website and reading all the FAQ if you have just read through some 5pages back.

The posters I quoted in his previous post tried to link the new ICE directive to helping embassy reopen. I tried to unlink his statement stating that ICE has no link to embassies. He went ahead to buttress his misinformation with an excerpt of Homeland security.

And here you are after reading unnecessary pages from ICE website arguing there was no misinformation on this thread.

The world is how you see it. If you want misinformation to gladden your day you can keep on being selective on what you read on this thread but don't say that people don't want to hear the reality on this thread. Facts over misinformation

3 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Cocao(f): 3:30pm On Jul 09, 2020
sheke01:

Did you also try to go through the flow of the thread to understand what led to that epistle? There would have been no need for you to take the pain of going through ICE website and reading all the FAQ if you have just read through some 5pages back.

The posters I quoted in his previous post tried to link the new ICE directive to helping embassy reopen. I tried to unlink his statement. He went ahead to buttress his misinformation with an excerpt of Homeland security.

And here you are after reading unnecessary pages for ICE website arguing there was no misinformation on this thread.

The world is how you see it. If you want misinformation to gladden your day you can keep on being selective on what you read on this thread but don't say that people don't want to hear the reality on this thread. Facts over misinformation

Okay, thank you. I have made my point and you have made yours too and we don't have to agree. I appreciate the feedback and I have no interest in furthering this. Have a great day and don't forget to smile!

5 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by sonofakin: 3:55pm On Jul 09, 2020

5 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by fairheart(m): 3:58pm On Jul 09, 2020
Predstan:

Let me say something here! I don't know where people get the idea that when there's a problem, there can be no solution from. Because that is what all these argument on reality or not ensued from. Pandemic caused the embassy to shutdown, and there's a new rule from ICE. Trump administration has made many rules it has been forced to re-craft, reverse, and adjust--making way for the necessity.

The reality, as you stated here, was not caused by the pandemic, but the new ICE rule, right? Come on, rule can be amended, in a matter of days. So, what is the unnecessary tussle? There is a serious meeting going on on this already, and we will know the outcome soon.

As for hope, yes, reality has never stopped man from hoping. You have hoped before; you have hoped for way where you thought there might be no way. Don't even forget that now! People here understand the reality; they all know there is pandemic and that embassy is closed. But nobody, I repeat, nobody should try to tell them to throw their hope in the dust bin because of reality (that embassy is closed, and that it will not reopens)! What if it reopens by month end? And what if it doesn't? What do they lose? The plan is even to attend to "eligible students" only; not a all-service resumption.

Let them hope. If embassy opens, they can get the visa they have been working towards for several months; if embassy doesn't open, fine.
No human has lost a portion of themself for hoping in the midst of uncertainty! Don't forget that!
Make una allow people to hope in the midst of reality please grin

15 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Sanguine1: 4:17pm On Jul 09, 2020
Friedpotato:
you don't need to pay SEVIS fee

Boss are you taking up the online class for this FALL-SEMESTER 2020 like me?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Sanguine1: 4:29pm On Jul 09, 2020
Friedpotato:
you don't need to pay SEVIS fee
Boss are you too putting in for online classes for this FALL-SEMESTER 2020? But my fear is that how is it going to be because I need my GPA badly oooo and I don't want to be underperformed due to many factors like :
Bad network during the lecturers
No Light or NEPA take Light during the lecturer
Battery low and so on.
Hope you people get my points?

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Geewin69: 4:35pm On Jul 09, 2020
Sanguine1:

Boss are you too putting in for online classes for this FALL-SEMESTER 2020? But my fear is that how is it going to be because I need my GPA badly oooo and I don't want to be underperformed due to many factors like :
Battery low and so on.

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by fairheart(m): 4:41pm On Jul 09, 2020
Sanguine1:

Battery low and so on.

If this is an option for you, weigh the cons against the pros.
You have listed 3 inevitable challenges here in case you accept to take the first semester online.
If the need and your desire to begin your program this fall outweigh your tolerance for those challenges, and you know your desire won't smolders when you face these challenges, then go on. Make budget plan, see if fueling generator when there is no NEPA light can help, and upgrade your laptop battery, or get a brand new laptop entirely, then see if you can switch to better network, if possible.

Note that school officials are very much aware of these challenges, and it is one of the reasons they are challenging the new rule, not merely because the rule says some students should return to their countries.
Except you are on full ride scholarship, think very well about this. You don't want to pay some good $ for courses conditions in Nigeria will not let you make the best of.

3 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Sanguine1: 5:16pm On Jul 09, 2020
fairheart:

If this is an option for you, weigh the cons against the pros.
You have listed 3 inevitable challenges here in case you accept to take the first semester online.
If the need and your desire to begin your program this fall outweigh your tolerance for those challenges, and you know your desire won't smolders when you face these challenges, then go on. Make budget plan, see if fueling generator when there is no NEPA light can help, and upgrade your laptop battery, or get a brand new laptop entirely, then see if you can switch to better network, if possible.

Note that school officials are very much aware of these challenges, and it is one of the reasons they are challenging the new rule, not merely because the rule says some students should return to their countries.
Except you are on full ride scholarship, think very well about this. You don't want to pay some good $ for courses conditions in Nigeria will not let you make the best of.

Hmmm you just hit me from the head here oooo.
What if embassy asked me why i didnt accept the online class option what will i say? This is another point.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by fairheart(m): 5:32pm On Jul 09, 2020
Sanguine1:

Hmmm you just hit me from the head here oooo.
What if embassy asked me why i didnt accept the online class option what will i say? This is another point.
Are you an undergraduate student or graduate?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Sanguine1: 5:36pm On Jul 09, 2020
fairheart:

Are you an undergraduate student or graduate?

Graduate going for MBA(Masters in Business Administration)
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by LagosismyHome(f): 5:47pm On Jul 09, 2020
Cocao:

You really should speak for yourself alone. How can you type that nobody wants to hear. Did you do a survey and resulted in 100 percent

Until you do there is a time for you not to speak for yourself and term is as what the people want to hear or not .

5 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by fairheart(m): 5:58pm On Jul 09, 2020
Sanguine1:

Graduate going for MBA(Masters in Business Administration)
Well, since you are a graduate student, I will not give you explicit advise. I'll only do for undergrads. cheesy
Nevertheless, you certainly think in the right direction by asking that question, but I think it should look like this if you're going to do first semester in Nigeria: "Have you started this course?" You say Yes! Then he ask: "You have done your first semester of MBA online. Why not finish it here? Why spend more money going to the US when you have started it at the comfort of your house and able to attain a good GPA?"

What is your answer to this question? Use whatever answer you come up with to decide what is best for you! grin

If you can take the first semester online, then you can take the entire program online, and so, no need for a visa to travel to the US to complete it, except for graduation ceremony and your degree.
All the best!

3 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Sanguine1: 6:09pm On Jul 09, 2020
fairheart:

Well, since you are a graduate student, I will not give you explicit advise. I'll only do for undergrads. cheesy
Nevertheless, you certainly think in the right direction by asking that question, but I think it should look like this if you're going to do first semester in Nigeria: "Have you started this course?" You say Yes! Then he ask: "You have done your first semester of MBA online. Why not finish it here? Why spend more money going to the US when you have started it at the comfort of your house and able to attain a good GPA?"

What is your answer to this question? Use whatever answer you come up with to decide what is best for you! grin

If you can take the first semester online, then you can take the entire program online, and so, no need for a visa to travel to the US to complete it, except for graduation ceremony and your degree.
All the best!

Hmm bros please PM me abeg i need you in my life this time Ọlọ́run
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by fairheart(m): 6:19pm On Jul 09, 2020
Sanguine1:

Hmm bros please PM me abeg i need you in my life this time Ọlọ́run
Not sure it is time to DM me. Let's talk here, so that others will learn.

Let's talk about what you plan to do, with that question in mind?
What is your plan?

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by jhidey08(m): 6:23pm On Jul 09, 2020
Paragontek:

Yes. It's fine.
Okay, thanks.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Cocao(f): 6:25pm On Jul 09, 2020
LagosismyHome:

You really should speak for yourself alone. How can you type that nobody wants to hear. Did you do a survey and resulted in 100 percent

Until you do there is a time for you not to speak for yourself and term is as what the people want to hear or not .

Duly noted. Your observations are well received. Thank you for the feedback.

8 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by fairheart(m): 6:26pm On Jul 09, 2020
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Chacha22: 6:28pm On Jul 09, 2020
sheke01:

It’s not misinformation.. the document clearly made a statement about “All” students scheduled for fall semester.
So like the previous person said . We appreciate the information but allow people to exercise their hope. Embassy may or may not open for fall. But no one is 100% sure of what it will be tomorrow. Even if they open they can still close The next day . These are uncertain times

3 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by sheke01: 6:52pm On Jul 09, 2020
Chacha22:

It’s not misinformation.. the document clearly made a statement about “All” students scheduled for fall semester.
So like the previous person said . We appreciate the information but allow people to exercise their hope. Embassy may or may not open for fall. But no one is 100% sure of what it will be tomorrow. Even if they open they can still close The next day . These are uncertain times

Again seeing only what you want to see.

Where have I ever said people should ditch their hopes or where have I ever said embassy won't reopen?

I guess you just wanted to comment just to mark attendance. Oya we don see you, you visited the thread today. lol

5 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Eniolakiite(f): 7:01pm On Jul 09, 2020
Hope and uncertainty is part of what makes life interesting. It's good to hope for the best during uncertain times like this.
Anything can still change at any time. However, we should also be comfortable with the hard truth sometimes, not easy I know but it is what it is.

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Chacha22: 7:15pm On Jul 09, 2020
sheke01:

Again seeing only what you want to see.

Where have I ever said people should ditch their hopes or where have I ever said embassy won't reopen?

I guess you just wanted to comment just to mark attendance. Oya we don see you, you visited the thread today. lol
Mr “I too know” .. I expected your arrogance laced response so I am not surprised. Of course I will see what I want to see . That’s why it’s called difference of opinion . And yes I have marked attendance and I am happy

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (501) (502) (503) (504) (505) (506) (507) ... (779)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? / Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.