Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,705 members, 7,802,098 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 09:11 AM

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 - Travel (526) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (1353314 Views)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (523) (524) (525) (526) (527) (528) (529) ... (779) (Go Down)

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Deegayes: 2:09pm On Jul 28, 2020
Please who needs Naira for dollars ?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Cassidyice: 2:13pm On Jul 28, 2020
Cassidyice:
Hello All,
Please I want to study in the U.S.A university for a master Degree but I obtained a Higher National Diploma in a Nigerian polytechnic.
Please what will I need to do ? Am I going to apply for masters straight with a HND Diploma or my Diploma result have to be scrutinized first? Please I need advice or guidelines about how to carry out this mission with a Higher National Diploma from a Nigerian polytechnic.

Please I need an answer from anyone
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by oluezekiel(m): 2:52pm On Jul 28, 2020
Your question has been answered many times in this part 15 and the previous parts. Try to read parts 13, 14, and 15. You'll learn a lot.

Cassidyice:

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by BarristerAlarig: 2:56pm On Jul 28, 2020
Cassidyice:

You people won't do any research. Not even on nairaland. Always waiting to be spoon fed! You must think a Masters degree in the US is easy...

The laziness!!!

Modified : Please everyone should ignore this lady.

2 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Eniolakiite(f): 3:07pm On Jul 28, 2020
You might need to first evaluate your transcript using wes.org
Then search for schools offering your program. And get to know their requirements.

Like others have said, this journey requires you to be ready to do extensive research by yourself. Read previous parts and keep following this thread. You can start your extensive search and reading from today, you will learn a lot.

Cassidyice:

5 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Nicerazor(m): 3:11pm On Jul 28, 2020
I just requested for a deferral to fall 2021. Waiting for response from the school.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by solastar2: 3:23pm On Jul 28, 2020
Nicerazor:
I just requested for a deferral to fall 2021. Waiting for response from the school.

All the best but I would have advise you to wait for the opinion of your GC or advisor before requesting for it. I was in your shoe and I was advised to hold for some time by senior colleagues in the state. Last week, I got a mail from GC that they are recommending that international student should defer. With that my mind was at peace at least it was their opinion and not mine.

5 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Friedpotato: 3:39pm On Jul 28, 2020
Cassidyice:

alot of people here did BSc for undergraduate so that might be why you've not been answered. A lot of people have gone through this process in previous threads so you can try to search. You'd see a lot of references. From what I know, not all schools accepts HND and you would need WES evaluation.

You'd need to do a lot of searching, mostly on Nairaland, because I believe this is the best website to get answers to your situation.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Cassidyice: 4:42pm On Jul 28, 2020
Friedpotato:
alot of people here did BSc for undergraduate so that might be why you've not been answered. A lot of people have gone through this process in previous threads so you can try to search. You'd see a lot of references. From what I know, not all schools accepts HND and you would need WES evaluation.

You'd need to do a lot of searching, mostly on Nairaland, because I believe this is the best website to get answers to your situation.

I appreciate your response.
It means my school will send my result to WES for evaluation.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Shercorp(m): 4:45pm On Jul 28, 2020
Any full scholarship for undergraduate?

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Chemical2(m): 6:08pm On Jul 28, 2020
Deegayes:

I need naira
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Paragontek: 6:47pm On Jul 28, 2020
Cassidyice:

I appreciate your response.
It means my school will send my result to WES for evaluation.

Yes. And you will pay for that.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by drDoom3(m): 7:55pm On Jul 28, 2020
Shercorp:
Any full scholarship for undergraduate?

More like financial aid.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Phenomenalopeye: 8:48pm On Jul 28, 2020
Pls my letters of recommendation are all intact
But I'm curious what other letter does my counselor have to prepare? so it can be done before before the end of July I want to complete my application process by August 1st
Also is there need for a letter when I'm a applying for an application fee waiver.
Also I don't really understand the CSS profile thingy pls can anyone help?
Pls ASAP I want to submit my application by August 1st

Thanks ❣️

2 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Nobody: 10:31pm On Jul 28, 2020
Hello guys.

I want to apologize about the question I want to ask, I know if I do an intensive research I would get my answers but I just need to get responses quicker.

I have a family member in the US that has been asking me to find out about schools in the US and report back.

But I have been reluctant to since I have no knowledge about the schooling in US and visa related stuff.

So guys please what's the procedure to school in the US.

Note:

I want to go for BSc as I am having issues rounding up my BSc in Nigeria here.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Friedpotato: 10:36pm On Jul 28, 2020
wamiikechukwu:
Hello guys.

I want to apologize about the question I want to ask, I know if I do an intensive research I would get my answers but I just need to get responses quicker.

I have a family member in the US that has been asking me to find out about schools in the US and report back.

But I have been reluctant to since I have no knowledge about the schooling in US and visa related stuff.

Note:

what did he specifically tell you to find out about them?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Nobody: 10:39pm On Jul 28, 2020
Friedpotato:
what did he specifically tell you to find out about them?

She said I should find schools in the US and apply so that they will follow it up for me.

I don't really know the procedures
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Mrshape: 11:08pm On Jul 28, 2020
Please can I use a student visa to work in the US
maybe get a SAT score of 1500.
Get some funding.
But on arrival I will give little attention to school and more to hustle?

How possible it is?

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Ehizy007: 12:28am On Jul 29, 2020
shocked angry
Mrshape:
Get some funding.

How possible it is?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Mekurexx: 3:26am On Jul 29, 2020
Delay is not denial. Good idea. The pandemic has created so much confusion for schools and it is more complex for international students right now
Nicerazor:

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Mekurexx: 3:28am On Jul 29, 2020
Register at Education USA. They are a good resource for prospective students especially bachelors degree
wamiikechukwu:

She said I should find schools in the US and apply so that they will follow it up for me.

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Mekurexx: 3:31am On Jul 29, 2020
Didn’t they mention it is not until October or is that subject to change?
labylaby:
I heard they're opening airports soon. I listened to the briefing on radio. The stakeholders are meeting. Fingers crossed and goodluck
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by BarristerAlarig: 3:56am On Jul 29, 2020
wamiikechukwu:
Hello guys.

Note:

You know the information you seek is easily accessible on Google but you come here to type long epistles expecting to be spoon fed??

I can't with you guys... For the record, I blame people responding to questions like this.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by BarristerAlarig: 4:00am On Jul 29, 2020
Mrshape:
Get some funding.

How possible it is?

I am not really sure this is possible.... You could always apply for Fully funded undergraduate scholarships which may or may not come with stipends...

I'd google fully funded undergraduate scholarships in America or Presidential scholarships for undergraduate students in the US.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Paragontek: 6:27am On Jul 29, 2020
Mekurexx:
Didn’t they mention it is not until October or is that subject to change?

You are not up to date.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Friedpotato: 7:11am On Jul 29, 2020
Mrshape:
Get some funding.

How possible it is?
working in the US on F1 VISA is illegal. It's only legal when you're doing internship in the summer and when you work on campus (20hrs/week) jobs.

Additionally, after your 1 year in college. If you can demonstrate financial hardship, prove to them that your sponsor is dead or can't provide you with funds again. You might be allowed to work off campus legally on F1 VISA for 40hrs/week.

But since you're looking for a full ride, you would not meet the last criteria because there would be no basis for "financial hardship".

And to keep your scholarship, focusing on your studies should be Paramount, not work.

3 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Nobody: 7:19am On Jul 29, 2020
BarristerAlarig:

You know the information you seek is easily accessible on Google but you come here to type long epistles expecting to be spoon fed??

I can't with you guys... For the record, I blame people responding to questions like this.

I apologize for that.

I just needed to know how the process work to report back, since I am not the one footing the bill.

Thank for everything.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Friedpotato: 7:21am On Jul 29, 2020
wamiikechukwu:

Okay. If you're an A+ student you can try to apply to the Ivy leagues (havard, Yale, brown) and the likes.

If you're an A student, look at schools like Washington and Lee, Franklin and Marshall, Oberlin college , emory, north western and the likes.

if you're a B student, you can apply to honors college of mcneese state, Southern Illinois University Edwardsville, university of Arkansas little rock, Howard University and Morehouse college.

If you're a C student you can just look at HBCUs that give automatic Scholarships when you meet their criteria. Schools like Norfolk state, alcorn state, mississipi valley state, Alabama state, Shaw university etc, they're the easiest to get scholarships.

But if you're looking for just straight Admission without focus on scholarships, just apply to HBCUs in general, you'd get your decision in 2 weeks +.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Mrshape: 7:22am On Jul 29, 2020
Friedpotato:
working in the US on F1 VISA is illegal. It's only legal when you're doing internship in the summer and when you work on campus (20hrs/week) jobs.

Additionally, after your 1 year in college. If you can demonstrate financial hardship, prove to them that your sponsor is dead or can't provide you with funds again. You might be allowed to work off campus legally on F1 VISA for 40hrs/week.

But since you're looking for a full ride, you would not meet the last criteria because there would be no basis for "financial hardship".

And to keep your scholarship, focusing on your studies should be Paramount, not work.

thanks for the information.
Then I take advantage of the system by applying for a scholarship that will only be sufficient for my tuition but not feeding and accommodation
Then I can use the feeding and accommodation as a basics for applying to work outside campus.

As for the studies don't bother about it whether I read or not I will pass excellently.

I just need something to get out of this country legally, I believe that 40hour-Week job will even pay more than one of the most lucrative jobs in Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Mrshape: 7:24am On Jul 29, 2020
BarristerAlarig:

I am not really sure this is possible.... You could always apply for Fully funded undergraduate scholarships which may or may not come with stipends...

I'd google fully funded undergraduate scholarships in America or Presidential scholarships for undergraduate students in the US.
Like how much is the stipend?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Lifeisforliving: 7:34am On Jul 29, 2020
[color=#990000][/color]
thanks for the information.
Then I take advantage of the system by applying for a scholarship that will only be sufficient for my tuition but not feeding and accommodation
Then I can use the feeding and accommodation as a basics for applying to work outside campus.

As for the studies don't bother about it whether I read or not I will pass excellently.

I just need something to get out of this country legally, I believe that 40hour-Week job will even pay more than one of the most lucrative jobs in Nigeria. [/quote]

Well you have already shown your intention to study in the USA is not genuine by typing all these here. I hope you get the visa �
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by BeeMe: 7:44am On Jul 29, 2020
Deegayes:

I need it

(1) (2) (3) ... (523) (524) (525) (526) (527) (528) (529) ... (779)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? / Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.