Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,240 members, 7,807,810 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 07:42 PM

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 - Travel (528) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (1355411 Views)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (525) (526) (527) (528) (529) (530) (531) ... (779) (Go Down)

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Paragontek: 9:08pm On Jul 30, 2020
greenskittles:

Why exactly is this funny to you?

You can ask him again since he chose to be unfortunate this evening.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by drDoom3(m): 9:15pm On Jul 30, 2020
Mrshape:

thanks for the information.
Then I take advantage of the system by applying for a scholarship that will only be sufficient for my tuition but not feeding and accommodation
Then I can use the feeding and accommodation as a basics for applying to work outside campus.

As for the studies don't bother about it whether I read or not I will pass excellently.

I just need something to get out of this country legally, I believe that 40hour-Week job will even pay more than one of the most lucrative jobs in Nigeria.

A potential 1500 SAT score student does not think in this way.

Firstly, the SAT is not an exam that "whether I read or not, I will pass excellently." To put things in perspective, I started out with an 1100+ straight out of secondary school with a fresh brain and moved it to a 1500+ after a year solely preparing for the SAT. My jamb score reduced somewhat significantly during this period.

Secondly, it clearly seems that you are not a genuine student. If you understand the elaborate documentation that goes into scholarships, financial aid, visas and maintaining f1 status, you'd know that what you're looking for is a dead end.

7 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by TrojanSnail: 9:44pm On Jul 30, 2020
mulero23:
Hope some people won't just commit suicide after their hope of embassy reopening does not come to reality after deadline of school resumption lapse. grin grin grin

Suicide is not something to joke about, people have different levels of emotional tolerance. Let them try their best, it has nothing to do with you.

8 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by mvem(m): 9:47pm On Jul 30, 2020
Paragontek:
Please, we all can join to disturb the minister of aviation on twitter to open the international airspace. With this hash tag #OpenNGIntlAirspace. His handle is @hadisirika
Other people affected are already dragging him on twitter. We can also join mouth. Kenya just opened their international airspace.
Intl' airspace has nothing to do with embassy opening...Most US embassy are still closed even in Europe that have opened Intl' air space

5 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by mvem(m): 9:49pm On Jul 30, 2020
mulero23:
Hope some people won't just commit suicide after their hope of embassy reopening does not come to reality after deadline of school resumption lapse. grin grin grin
The Unis are aware of the situation and the International Student Unit are all making efforts to solve the problem...mind you this is not just Nigeria, most US embassies in the world are still close and many graduate schools have about 80%+ of their graduate students as foreigners

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by kastgeraldino: 10:01pm On Jul 30, 2020
It's either the folks hammering on reopening of airports do no understand this fact or they do but choose to ignore this reality. If you don't have a visa, I don't know what's the point of clamoring for something that won't change the main thing.

mvem:
Intl' airspace has nothing to do with embassy opening...Most US embassy are still closed even in Europe that have opened Intl' air space

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by mulero23: 10:15pm On Jul 30, 2020
Don't mind them... They should fight for Nigeria progress, they said na sai baba they want... Now they all being mad to jet out of the country... Make Una enjoy Una next level... grin grin grin
mvem:

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by greenskittles: 10:47pm On Jul 30, 2020
I don't even know why I'm still following this topic, that was how I joined a spin-off WhatsApp group chat from here and was laughed at when I said I wanted to go to Stanford. Today we had a meeting with the international center and they made us know that there's still a top level push by executives of a coalition of schools to ensure visa processing goes through. Nobody's stupid, people have made their own personal worst case scenario plans, but hoping for the best case scenario is always greeted with mockery here.
Fyi, they made us know that one of the responses they got was that a lot of staff left their posts when the crisis hit, so embassies are understaffed. The Schengen region has a ban on US citizens so there's no way they'll be sending officials there right now, and a lot of countries haven't opened their airspace. These were some of the things my school officials talked about today and I don't see the crime in hoping things work out even when I've prepared for alternative scenarios. I think I'm done with this thread, a lot of Nigerians are toxic people- don't know if it's the country that made them this way. A while back a lovely man dedicated to Nigerians' success was trying to promote academic excellence here, offering scholastic assistance and financial aid, and they derailed and basically almost tried to rubbish the noble work he was here to do, even saying that standardized test are meaningless and argued to the point that they were ready to die on that hill. Anyway I'm probably not getting the information I need from here and I've shared what I think I can, I hope my posts help people but I've had enough. Good luck to everyone.

P.s, if I'm mentioned here I'll probably not respond.

17 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by pompeiimagnus: 10:50pm On Jul 30, 2020
Paragontek:
Please, we all can join to disturb the minister of aviation on twitter to open the international airspace. With this hash tag #OpenNGIntlAirspace. His handle is @hadisirika
Other people affected are already dragging him on twitter. We can also join mouth. Kenya just opened their international airspace.

The main issue is when the embassy would reopen for visa processing. Dem no need our airspace to open for dem to resume. As others have advised, start talking with your school about the possibility of deferring to Spring sha, especially with USCIS having funding issues at the moment....

1 Like 1 Share

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by AfonjaBoston: 12:58am On Jul 31, 2020
greenskittles:
I think I'm done with this thread,

Boy bye. You will not be missed. Carry your silly suicide talk and shove it under your pillow

3 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by bluebird01: 1:03am On Jul 31, 2020
Hello Guys, i got admission to a school in the United States for fall 2020. i was expecting my i20 before the COVID-19 pandemic.
Now my school is giving me the opportunity for a VIrtual Learning then i can transit when the pandemic is over or Defer the admission till next year.
Please i need your advice on the best decision to take at the moment.

All suggestions are welcome.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Nobody: 4:29am On Jul 31, 2020
Kimzylove:

Friedpotato, did you use any agency or you did this yourself?
You absolutely don’t need any agency. Focus on information you get here. Agents will mess you up big time.

Stick to the thread

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Nobody: 4:32am On Jul 31, 2020
AfonjaBoston:

Boy bye. You will not be missed. Carry your silly suicide talk and shove it under your pillow
Kim Jong-Un
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Nobody: 4:36am On Jul 31, 2020
Paragontek:
Listen, it is much more than opening the international airspace.

Nigeria is a jungle. No plans for mitigating the COVID-19. No absolute plans. Everyone is moving mad.

Your president is a despot, frail looking, amnesia ridden nincompoop. Gallivanting upadan.

You want the embassy to open so you can infest the place with Corona.

Forget about the embassy opening, infact, mark out 2020 from your calendar. Embassy is not opening anytime soon.

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Eniolakiite(f): 4:45am On Jul 31, 2020
You have come again LOL

slimmy2005:
Listen, it is much more than opening the international airspace.

Nigeria is a jungle. No plans for mitigating the COVID-19. No absolute plans. Everyone is moving mad.

Your president is a despot, frail looking, amnesia ridden nincompoop. Gallivanting upadan.

You want the embassy to open so you can infest the place with Corona.

Forget about the embassy opening, infact, mark out 2020 from your calendar. Embassy is not opening anytime soon.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Nobody: 4:51am On Jul 31, 2020
mvem:
The Unis are aware of the situation and the International Student Unit are all making efforts to solve the problem...mind you this is not just Nigeria, most US embassies in the world are still close and many graduate schools have about 80%+ of their graduate students as foreigners
Nobody wants Americans in their country at this moment. It’s a mess over here. Everyone is moving mad with so many conspiracy BS.

Politicians being too desperate to salvage the economy.

Forget about 2020. The embassy has a lot of backlogs. When they open, they might not even attend to any F-1 student till 2021.

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Paragontek: 5:46am On Jul 31, 2020
slimmy2005:
Nobody wants Americans in their country at this moment. It’s a mess over here. Everyone is moving mad with so many conspiracy BS.

Forget about 2020. The embassy has a lot of backlogs. When they open, they might not even attend to any F-1 student till 2021.

You are just spewing rubbish.

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Lifeisforliving: 6:37am On Jul 31, 2020
[color=#006600][/color]
slimmy2005:

From your write ups it’s obvious you are already in the state
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Friedpotato: 6:42am On Jul 31, 2020
greenskittles:

Why exactly is this funny to you?
TBH, kinda funny tho
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Friedpotato: 6:51am On Jul 31, 2020
greenskittles:
I don't even know why I'm still following this topic, that was how I joined a spin-off WhatsApp group chat from here and was laughed at when I said I wanted to go to Stanford. Today we had a meeting with the international center and they made us know that there's still a top level push by executives of a coalition of schools to ensure visa processing goes through. Nobody's stupid, people have made their own personal worst case scenario plans, but hoping for the best case scenario is always greeted with mockery here.
Fyi, they made us know that one of the responses they got was that a lot of staff left their posts when the crisis hit, so embassies are understaffed. The Schengen region has a ban on US citizens so there's no way they'll be sending officials there right now, and a lot of countries haven't opened their airspace. These were some of the things my school officials talked about today and I don't see the crime in hoping things work out even when I've prepared for alternative scenarios. I think I'm done with this thread, a lot of Nigerians are toxic people- don't know if it's the country that made them this way. A while back a lovely man dedicated to Nigerians' success was trying to promote academic excellence here, offering scholastic assistance and financial aid, and they derailed and basically almost tried to rubbish the noble work he was here to do, even saying that standardized test are meaningless and argued to the point that they were ready to die on that hill. Anyway I'm probably not getting the information I need from here and I've shared what I think I can, I hope my posts help people but I've had enough. Good luck to everyone.

if you always take decisions based on how humans respond to you and not how you choose to take it, you would end up making bad life decisions.

You overlooked all the info you've gained on this thread, all the persons that had taken out time to help and all the remaining good on this thread. Instead you choose to focus on people that don't say what you want them to say and used it as a basis to decide to quit?. That's not cool bro.

Everybody has had one or two times where people have bashed them or insulted their opinions, nobody too vex, every body shake body move on.

And these other persons you're hating, in truth are just being practical. You're using emotions, they are using facts. Optimism is good and everyone should be optimistic. But ask yourself as it stands, out of a 100% , what's the percentage that embassy would open?

And if your school is making plans for you then why should you be angry instead of being happy? You even have more hope more than the rest of us. Why should what they say affect your optimism?

9 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by mvem(m): 6:59am On Jul 31, 2020
slimmy2005:

possibly as deferring looks more feasible at this time

3 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Nobody: 7:16am On Jul 31, 2020
Paragontek:

You are just spewing rubbish.
Don’t worry. I know how disillusioned cretins like you give themselves false hope. You are thinking like your president.

Don’t worry, the embassy will open tomorrow and interview you alone.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Nobody: 7:16am On Jul 31, 2020
mvem:
Every sane person should think same
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Friedpotato: 7:25am On Jul 31, 2020
slimmy2005:

Lol how can you say they would open and not attend to F-1 students? Time and Time again, they've stated repeatedly that they would prioritize F-1 students. In the countries that have opened, that's what they've done. F, M and J.

It's like you're intentionally trying to rile incoming students and that's unwarranted

10 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Stevenssen(m): 7:38am On Jul 31, 2020
greenskittles:
I was thinking along the same lines.
There's a difference between being 'practical' and coming here to mock people with every opportunity.

Some have offered advice about deferring and not paying sevis yet and people have taken those advice well. Many people on here already deferred their admission and there was no harm done in hoping and holding out for the best.
But there are several toxic and stupid people here who seem to derive joy from mocking others. I don't get it. Perhaps they think it makes them look edgy or cool.

Truth is, one cannot read 3 pages of this thread without coming across these kinda comments and it's sick. There is a clear line between being funny and being stupid. Empathy is something many Nigerians lack. Someone is even joking about suicide.

10 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Nobody: 7:40am On Jul 31, 2020
Friedpotato:
Lol how can you say they would open and not attend to F-1 students? Time and Time again, they've stated repeatedly that they would prioritize F-1 students. In the countries that have opened, that's what they've done. F, M and J.

It's like you're intentionally trying to rile incoming students and that's unwarranted
Nigeria wasn’t included in their publication.

They are not opening anytime soon and if they open, F-1 won’t be their priority. Not in this COVID period.

The present administration do not want you around. They had to fight for those that are already in here for them to be able to stay while taking classes online.

You are not coming to US this 2020, the earlier you realize this, the better for you.

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by jayzen(f): 8:04am On Jul 31, 2020
Yeah
And what semester seems advisable at the moment? Spring or fall, 2021?

mvem:
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Stevenssen(m): 8:10am On Jul 31, 2020
jayzen:
Yeah
And what semester seems advisable at the moment? Spring or fall, 2021?

I think that'll be up to you and your department. If you can keep your funding for spring, then you can defer to spring
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by jayzen(f): 8:18am On Jul 31, 2020
I would have thought so some months back but it seems it's up to the embassy as it stands now grin
I won't like to defer and defer again. And yes my funding is assured for spring.
Stevenssen:

I think that'll be up to you and your department. If you can keep your funding for spring, then you can defer to spring

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Ehizy007: 8:25am On Jul 31, 2020
You're only allowed to defer once.I'd advice you liaise with your GC going forward.

jayzen:
I would have thought so some months back but it seems it's up to the embassy as it stands now grin
I won't like to defer and defer again. And yes my funding is assured for spring.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Paragontek: 8:37am On Jul 31, 2020
slimmy2005:
Don’t worry. I know how disillusioned cretins like you give themselves false hope. You are thinking like your president.

Don’t worry, the embassy will open tomorrow and interview you alone.

Everybody on this thread knows who is the cretin. Calm down.

7 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Ehizy007: 8:41am On Jul 31, 2020
Bros quit dimming the light/hopes of people with your pessimism. As you don't fit in their shoes. Let those who want to hope keep hoping, it's not a crime. You're not the US Consulate nor CDC/ICE. And mind you anything is possible! Never say Never! Hence, choose to Ignore as you already made your point. smiley

slimmy2005:
Nigeria wasn’t included in their publication.

They are not opening anytime soon and if they open, F-1 won’t be their priority. Not in this COVID period.

The present administration do not want you around. They had to fight for those that are already in here for them to be able to stay while taking classes online.

You are not coming to US this 2020, the earlier you realize this, the better for you.

7 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (525) (526) (527) (528) (529) (530) (531) ... (779)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? / Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.