Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,184 members, 7,807,617 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 04:14 PM

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 - Travel (531) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (1355328 Views)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (528) (529) (530) (531) (532) (533) (534) ... (779) (Go Down)

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by olaadesie(m): 11:19am On Aug 01, 2020
Thank u so much for your response. Now my question if I have to write another WAEC hope it won’t be a problem if the result being recent from my BSc and the question of what about the one used while applying for BSc comes up from Wes or the school I will be applying to .... please my people help me on this

Can I rewrite waec or gce now, and apply with it with Wes or any school in the US . Is it acceptable ?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by drDoom3(m): 12:13pm On Aug 01, 2020
Mrshape:

Don't use yourself to compare others.
you see that maths I won't fail a question and it won't take me up to 70% of the time allocated to it. , only the English aspect that might reduce my mark.
It was difficult for you does not mean it will be difficult for others.

And what is fresh about a secondary school brain??.
Make your point without dragging someone down.

How have your practice scores been like? To put things in perspective.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by drDoom3(m): 12:19pm On Aug 01, 2020
Mrshape:

I have prepared students for this exam, I see no big deal in it. I am surprised at the way you guys glorify the exam here.
Normal ssce questions but you just need some tactics to save time.
That's all.

I was just asking if it is can enable someone work in the US , which someone has already given me an answer to it.

Passing the exam is no big deal,

Ok sir.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by RemarkableMind: 12:24pm On Aug 01, 2020
olaadesie:

Thanks for your response please how do I go about the ECE application, can u please give me the link google ECE am not getting right answers

ECE: Foreign Credential Evaluation Reports
https://www.ece.org
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Phenomenalopeye: 12:27pm On Aug 01, 2020
ottiz:
Which application process are you using? Common App or Coalition App? MIT has their own app.

Common app
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Phenomenalopeye: 12:30pm On Aug 01, 2020
greenskittles:
If you don't already use reddit, I think you should, and there are a few subreddits I'd like to share

r/gradadmissions for graduate admissions related questions

r/gradschool after being admitted

r/ *insert your school name here* e.g r/stanford. Some schools name their subs after something else e.g their mascot, for example the University of Washington's subreddit is r/huskies I think. I've already joined the Stanford chess team thanks to people I met there, and we meet every Sunday. So in case you don't know anyone, or have any questions peculiar to your particular school, you can always post there. As a prospective student of a school, you can also ask questions in their sub but not too often because it's mostly for people who are already members of that school.

r/GRE was VERY VERY HELPFUL in helping me stay motivated and prepared for the GRE, anytime I'd finished studying for the day I'd scroll through looking at questions people posted trying to see if I could answer them, and I also posted questions I thought were too hard for me when I needed help. Also, there are a lot of ambitious people there, so you'll feel equally motivated to post your own great score too.

r/toefl, not so much, it's really just a few Indians and people don't post often but maybe you might find it useful. Btw, if you can do well on the GRE, TOEFL should be a walk in the park

r/ApplyingtoCollege for undergraduate admissions related questions

There are lots more, and if you don't find what you're looking for there, Nairaland is always here to ask questions specific to the Nigerian situation.

cc phenomenalopeye because you ask a lot of undergrad related questions that not many people here seem to be able to answer.

Thanks I really appreciate ❣️
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by kastgeraldino: 12:54pm On Aug 01, 2020
Lol! He will learn

drDoom3:

Ok sir.

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Nobody: 2:13pm On Aug 01, 2020
Since Common App opens on August 1st, I doubt if you are able to submit your application by same date. This is because your LORs would need to be uploaded to the App by your teachers and GC through the invite you sent to them via the App.

Regarding your question, your GC is expected to write you a LOR and complete the school report, in addition to uploading your high school transcript.

Phenomenalopeye:

Common app
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by olaadesie(m): 4:48pm On Aug 01, 2020
Ok, I appreciate...

Please I need your view or everyone generally can I just rewrite another WAEC or GCE and use that to apply is it possible I get admitted

RemarkableMind:

ECE: Foreign Credential Evaluation Reports
https://www.ece.org
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Rasengan02(m): 4:50pm On Aug 01, 2020
Please is there anyone currently studying at University of Alabama,Tuscaloosa here? If yes, kindly reply.. Thanks
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Friedpotato: 6:27pm On Aug 01, 2020
Mrshape:

I have prepared students for this exam, I see no big deal in it. I am surprised at the way you guys glorify the exam here.
Normal ssce questions but you just need some tactics to save time.
That's all.

I was just asking if it is can enable someone work in the US , which someone has already given me an answer to it.

Passing the exam is no big deal,

If you have prepared students for this exam then that's as good as you preparing for it already.

The way you sounded before was like an overconfident newbie that believes solely in his wit and not adequate preparation.

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Mrshape: 6:56pm On Aug 01, 2020
Friedpotato:

If you have prepared students for this exam then that's as good as you preparing for it already.

The way you sounded before was like an overconfident newbie that believes solely in his wit and not adequate preparation.
Alright now I get you..

But I am done with my first degree, what I intend doing in the US is my second degree

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Nas02(m): 7:23pm On Aug 01, 2020
Good day, please I have an offer for a post graduate diploma in human resource management, my sponsor is my uncle and we don't share same surname, what are the documents I need to proof our relationship?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Andyhasting: 7:30pm On Aug 01, 2020
Rasengan02:
Please is there anyone currently studying at University of Alabama,Tuscaloosa here? If yes, kindly reply.. Thanks

Is there anything to help you with?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Rasengan02(m): 10:39pm On Aug 01, 2020
Andyhasting:

Is there anything to help you with?
I just sent you a PM.... Hope I haven't jumped the gun?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Andyhasting: 11:00pm On Aug 01, 2020
Rasengan02:

I just sent you a PM.... Hope I haven't jumped the gun?

Not at all. I replied your pm
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Rasengan02(m): 11:08pm On Aug 01, 2020
Andyhasting:

Not at all. I replied your pm
I replied you also.. Thanks for the reply
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Predstan: 12:13am On Aug 02, 2020
Mrshape:

Don't use yourself to compare others.
you see that maths I won't fail a question and it won't take me up to 70% of the time allocated to it. , only the English aspect that might reduce my mark.
It was difficult for you does not mean it will be difficult for others.

And what is fresh about a secondary school brain??.
Make your point without dragging someone down.

Go and write the exam first. It's easy to make mouth

2 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by TheNoble007(m): 3:08am On Aug 02, 2020
Limitededition10:
You are the proverbial green snake under green grass.

It is glaring how you lowkey and indirectly support posts that spews negativity and bitterness and emotionally blackmail those who call out such posts.

I hope you are not like this in reality, your friends should be careful when dealing with you.

There are some monikers like Lagosismyhome, you shouldn't slander openly for whatever reason. If you feel they are derailing, kindly give them a p.m. Call them to order. These are the faithful ones in this thread, helping people for many years, even with their personal money.

I just wish that many of you will enter into the four walls of the embassy soon and behold the self-proclaimed gods called VOs.. Perhaps it will teach many to remain humble.

Shalom!!!

19 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by adelawry(m): 7:44am On Aug 02, 2020
Hello,

Pls if you got admitted into University of Louisiana at Lafayette for Fall 2020.

Kindly send a PM.

I got admitted with Funding and my supervisor who is also the graduate coordinator has just mailed to confirm my visa and flight status on or before 3rd August else my assistantship would be transferred to another student as class commences 17th August.

I’m nonplussed at the moment. I have mailed the office of international students of my school and they directed me to the guidelines for new students on their website where I read - I can keep my tuition waiver while outside the US but not my graduate assistantship. This made me relaxed a little until I got the mail from the coordinator this morning. The problem now is the RA I got came with tuition waiver.
I don’t know what to say to the coordinator and I have to respond. I’ve never been more confused.

2 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Limitededition10: 8:12am On Aug 02, 2020
TheNoble007:

There are some monikers like Lagosismyhome, you shouldn't slander openly for whatever reason. If you feel they are derailing, kindly give them a p.m. Call them to order. These are the faithful ones in this thread, helping people for many years, even with their personal money.

I just wish that many of you will enter into the four walls of the embassy soon and behold the self-proclaimed gods called VOs.. Perhaps it will teach many to remain humble.

Shalom!!!

I said what I said. I called her out as I deemed fit. You don't get to decide how I choose to do that based on your own personal convictions.

If you choose to sell your objectivity because she has been helping others with her money, that's your business not mine.

Please don't mention me further on this issue, just let it slide. Happy Sunday.

6 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by TheNoble007(m): 11:03am On Aug 02, 2020
Limitededition10:

I said what I said. I called her out as I deemed fit. You don't get to decide how I choose to do that based on your own personal convictions.

If you choose to sell your objectivity because she has been helping others with her money, that's your business not mine.

Please don't mention me further on this issue, just let it slide. Happy Sunday.

You also do not tell me not to quote you as I deem fit. By the way, I don't even know the moniker in person.The humble will not spurn correction. He who rejects correction, shall abide in the assembly of shadows. Goodluck on your US journey..... You will learn. Bye

4 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Friedpotato: 11:29am On Aug 02, 2020
TheNoble007:

You also do not tell me not to quote you as I deem fit. By the way, I don't even know the moniker in person.The humble will not spurn correction. He who rejects correction, shall abide in the assembly of shadows. Goodluck on your US journey..... You will learn. Bye

It's not about rejecting correction or not. Some people have not spent much time on nairaland so they don't know lagosismyhome and in this case are more objective than me and you.

I joined NL in 2013. I have seen how much lagosismyhome has contributed greatly to this thread in wisdom, advice and cash. Even the other gurus are not as frequent here as she is here again. And because I know her, that's why I didn't attack her but try to understand where she's coming from.

The best persons that would tell things objectively are people that don't know her. This is a faceless forum, you can't assume everybody is below you or a nobody. In correcting him, why didn't you PM him like you suggested he should do to lagosismyhome? Because you probably felt he's not worth it or there's no way he'd be older than her or more respectable.

If anybody has anything against anybody's stance or opinion here, he or she should try to state it out (albeit refraining from insults unless when necessary). We don't go in the DM's with the rest people I don't see why she should be an exception, especially when these people don't know her.

17 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by pompeiimagnus: 12:51pm On Aug 02, 2020
adelawry:
Hello,

Pls if you got admitted into University of Louisiana at Lafayette for Fall 2020. Kindly send a PM. I got admitted with Funding and my supervisor who is also the graduate coordinator has just mailed to confirm my visa and flight status on or before 3rd August else my assistantship would be transferred to another student as class commences 17th August.

The problem now is the RA I got came with tuition waiver. I don’t know what to say to the coordinator and I have to respond. I’ve never been more confused.

I'm not at Lafayette, but Aug. 3 is most likely the deadline for course registration for the Fall semester. Not surprised by your GC's email because they need to know how many new students - especially those with GA's, that would actually enrol for the program this Fall. All you can do now is to send a passionate email to the GC explaining your current situation, and ask for guidance on what to do.

GA's & scholarships are usually evaluated per semester, so they might be flexible to allow you have the GA next Spring and maybe Summer - if you can't enrol this Fall due to the present situation. Time is running out so don't keep waiting for embassy to reopen, start emailing your GC this week. Best wishes..

2 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Friedpotato: 1:20pm On Aug 02, 2020
adelawry:
Hello,

Pls if you got admitted into University of Louisiana at Lafayette for Fall 2020.

Kindly send a PM.

I got admitted with Funding and my supervisor who is also the graduate coordinator has just mailed to confirm my visa and flight status on or before 3rd August else my assistantship would be transferred to another student as class commences 17th August.

I’m nonplussed at the moment. I have mailed the office of international students of my school and they directed me to the guidelines for new students on their website where I read - I can keep my tuition waiver while outside the US but not my graduate assistantship. This made me relaxed a little until I got the mail from the coordinator this morning. The problem now is the RA I got came with tuition waiver.
I don’t know what to say to the coordinator and I have to respond. I’ve never been more confused.
I think what's best is that you should send passionate emails to your GC.

Beg them if there's a way they can offer you the assistanship in spring or fall 21, depending on when you're choosing. Tomorrow is August 3 so you have a lot of emailing/calling to do.

Good luck.

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by AfonjaBoston: 2:44pm On Aug 02, 2020
Looks to me like some folks have turned this place to a regular job

2 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by neurosci: 6:49pm On Aug 02, 2020
Hey! Anybody here applied to or attends grad school at University of Nebraska-Lincoln?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Lekan239(m): 7:55pm On Aug 02, 2020
LagosismyHome:

Check yourself is a confession ? .... smh . No point derailing the thread .
happy new month ma, may God continue to strengthen you morally and financially, thank you ma

2 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Phenomenalopeye: 8:05pm On Aug 02, 2020
I need help !
Pls my sponsor wants me to work on my admission process myself so I can take my studies seriously after gaining Admission but the problem now is that
My phones is extremely faulty!

Pls can anyone help
Maybe I can get a place to buy a new phone and pay on installments
OR
If you've got a phone you ain't using again pls kindly contribute to my future.
I need to get admitted
I'm just a poor boy seeking for greener pastures!!!
Pls help a brother �
Thanks.

2 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by LagosismyHome(f): 9:06pm On Aug 02, 2020
Lekan239:
happy new month ma, may God continue to strengthen you morally and financially, thank you ma

Happy new month. Amen. Wish you the same

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Nostradamus1: 10:13pm On Aug 02, 2020
Pls house I need help

I have been trying to download the common app ontrack from google play store but I can't seem to find it.My subsequent chat with foreigners on reddit confirmed that it was released on August 1st.I would like any kind hearted person to try and download it(probably someone within naija),so that I can confirm if it is a problem of location (although I suspect it hasn't been released to naija play store).
Pls if you find it on Nigeria play store ,I will be happy if you draw my attention to it .
Thanks

Cc:tarantino,phenomenalopeye
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by NoTimeZone(m): 11:15pm On Aug 02, 2020
Micholo5:

Just visit collegeboard.org
You'll see the link for SAT.
Click it, carefully read through and follow the prompt.
Hello Michael, I hope you're doing good.
We met on this thread some months ago and we exchanged contacts but this is my alternate moniker, don't know if you remember.
I just have some few questions. Did you register for SAT? If so, do you think the exam will be conducted with everything going on around the world?

(1) (2) (3) ... (528) (529) (530) (531) (532) (533) (534) ... (779)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? / Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.