Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,556 members, 7,809,028 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 09:18 PM

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 - Travel (535) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (1355778 Views)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (532) (533) (534) (535) (536) (537) (538) ... (779) (Go Down)

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by GreatMage: 8:28pm On Aug 05, 2020
Am looking for a university undergrad of less than 3 million for tuition fees...

Please help!
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by drDoom3(m): 8:47pm On Aug 05, 2020
GreatMage:
Am looking for a university undergrad of less than 3 million for tuition fees...

Please help!

Try community college?

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by drDoom3(m): 8:56pm On Aug 05, 2020
Onah16:
Goodday nairalanders , I'm new here ,I joined because of the amazing content I see here regularly . Please i really want to know ,I wrote my waec last year and this is how the result looks like
Mathematics B2
English C4
Further mathematics B2
Physics B3
Chemistry B3
Biology C4
Civic education B3
Economics B3
Data processing C5
I was planning to take the SAT this year but due to the pandemic I'm not sure if that would be achievable , next year though I believe it'll be possible .
For now , I'm still focusing on my preparations for the exam ( in terms of reading) because I'm really hoping to score a very high score to get a full ride as I can't afford the education there .It has been my dream for years to study in the US for years and I believe getting a full ride scholarship there is achievable if I work hard .
What I just wrote is just a brief description of my goals , I'm sorry I'm not precise enough ,I wanted to fully express myself since I'm new here.
Also , I'm 16 years old and I want to pursue an undergraduate degree,My high school gpa is an 'A' average result as I was a straight 'A' student( just in case this question ever comes up)
Please I'll be asking a lot of questions , I'll also love to get polite replies .
My first question is do you think I can get a full ride with a high SAT score and these results or I'll need to prep for another WAEC . Please I really need answers

The WAEC is not bad, WES evaluation can put it at 3.4 or 3.5/4.0. The most important thing is the SAT score. Writing a solid essay with great extracurriculars is also helpful. If you can, create a one page resume.

Try to have one stand-out thing in your application that you reflect through your essays, extracurriculars, etc. For example, I used my diversity to sell myself. I emphasised it in my essays. Also used tutoring too, which I showed through my extracurriculars. Make your essays very unique, don't write about how you passed an exam or how you overcame stage fright or something very general like that. Make your admission officers remember you through your essays.

If you can get to Abuja or Lagos, I'll advise you link up with the EducationUSA Advising Center. You could even apply for the Opportunity Funds Programme, and get all your application expenses fully covered by the embassy. With your stats, you have a great chance of getting in.

4 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by GreatMage: 9:16pm On Aug 05, 2020
drDoom3:

Try community college?

Okay!
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by kastgeraldino: 9:30pm On Aug 05, 2020
Don't take it personal. Colleges in the US are ridiculously expensive. You would have to really search hard for something within that budget. The last time I checked, my undergrad was equivalent to over 30m per year. How the hell would I have afforded that without funding? If you have 3m and can't get funding, then there is nothing wrong with attending the good private universities in Naija. Do well there and the sky will be your limit.

GreatMage:

Okay!

2 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Nobody: 9:33pm On Aug 05, 2020
Pjomo:
Guys slimmy2005 is right. Forget aspire to require before you expire motivational quotes, that thing no dey move Trump. You guys should just forget fall 2020 and try to defer your admission to spring next year (if the embassy will open by September and you’re sure of getting your visa) or next fall. This year don rugged already in daddyfreeze’s voice. Hopefully next year will turn good for us all. Don’t hate that stup!d boy slimmy2005, he is just hitting the nail by the head without caressing his words grin grin.
dem dey find Hushpuppi and Invictus Obi.

Nobody get that useless time. You gas dey tell them as e dey be. Their body go soon come down very soon.

Even that spring 2021 sef no sure. Trump no want anybody person for here.

Nigeria will open airspace for international flight in Octorber. Even Canadians sef can’t enter the US let alone bloody runaway Nigerians.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Nobody: 9:35pm On Aug 05, 2020
drDoom3:

The WAEC is not bad, WES evaluation can put it at 3.4 or 3.5/4.0. The most important thing is the SAT score. Writing a solid essay with great extracurriculars is also helpful. If you can, create a one page resume.

Try to have one stand-out thing in your application that you reflect through your essays, extracurriculars, etc. For example, I used my diversity to sell myself. I emphasised it in my essays. Also used tutoring too, which I showed through my extracurriculars. Make your essays very unique, don't write about how you passed an exam or how you overcame stage fright or something very general like that. Make your admission officers remember you through your essays.

If you can get to Abuja or Lagos, I'll advise you link up with the EducationUSA Advising Center. You could even apply for the Opportunity Funds Programme, and get all your application expenses fully covered by the embassy. With your stats, you have a great chance of getting in.
Absolutely right. Exchange rate doesn’t favor either. I doubt his waec grades will put him at 3.4 gpa. You should be able to check that through WES Self-service.

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Nobody: 9:38pm On Aug 05, 2020
drDoom3:

Try community college?
His best bet is to find a good University apply for your undergrad studies there. Secure I-20, apply to Community Colleges and secure I-20 as well. Go to the embassy with the University I-20, when you get your visa and move to the US you can transfer to the community college. There are community colleges here that charge as low as $150 per credit.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Pjomo: 10:05pm On Aug 05, 2020
GreatMage:

Please help!
University of Maiduguri
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Pjomo: 10:21pm On Aug 05, 2020
slimmy2005:
His best bet is to find a good University apply for your undergrad studies there. Secure I-20, apply to Community Colleges and secure I-20 as well. Go to the embassy with the University I-20, when you get your visa and move to the US you can transfer to the community college. There are community colleges here that charge as low as $150 per credit.
Now I see why people don’t like you. Your truth is always bitter and harsh. I wants to be brutally saying the truth like this aswell. All these lazy bones here want to go the easy way. 90% of folks here wrote standardize exams to secure admission & maybe fundings and that also will portray you well infront of the VO that you are going to the US for tangible reasons. Come, e be like say these lazy people don dey mad, una wan spoil parole for those who actually wanna go to the US for genuine reason.

@greatMage, if dem born you well, enter that embassy with a community college i-20.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Mechatronika(m): 10:59pm On Aug 05, 2020
Friedpotato:
this looks like Slimy2005's alternate account.

Exactly! I guess he's jobless over there.

3 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by fairheart(m): 11:15pm On Aug 05, 2020
Onah16:
Goodday nairalanders , I'm new here ,I joined because of the amazing content I see here regularly . Please i really want to know ,I wrote my waec last year and this is how the result looks like
Mathematics B2
English C4
Further mathematics B2
Physics B3
Chemistry B3
Biology C4
Civic education B3
Economics B3
Data processing C5
I was planning to take the SAT this year but due to the pandemic I'm not sure if that would be achievable , next year though I believe it'll be possible .
For now , I'm still focusing on my preparations for the exam ( in terms of reading) because I'm really hoping to score a very high score to get a full ride as I can't afford the education there .It has been my dream for years to study in the US for years and I believe getting a full ride scholarship there is achievable if I work hard .
What I just wrote is just a brief description of my goals , I'm sorry I'm not precise enough ,I wanted to fully express myself since I'm new here.
Also , I'm 16 years old and I want to pursue an undergraduate degree,My high school gpa is an 'A' average result as I was a straight 'A' student( just in case this question ever comes up)
Please I'll be asking a lot of questions , I'll also love to get polite replies .
My first question is do you think I can get a full ride with a high SAT score and these results or I'll need to prep for another WAEC . Please I really need answers
I saw drDoom3 comment, and that was really nice.
There is a young man here called Daniel. I can't remember his username, but I will ask him. He was a member of EducationUSA and one of the ambassadors before he traveled last fall; still have connection with EAC though (they even paid his flight ticket to the US). Will try to link you with him. Send me a DM.
Once you hit a high SAT score, you will get full ride scholarship, and your age is really nice for this mission you are about to pursue. I suggest that you don't worry about your WAEC, but instead invest your energy on destroying SAT. Try to score 1450-1500 if possible. Even 1400 will get you full ride with some schools in the US. Focus on the SAT and follow the instruction the other guy has given. Extra coaching will help, but the exam can be prepared for if you focus on reading textbooks, practice, etc without tutoring. Most of the students who reached out to me from here didn't use tutoring, but they studied very, very hard. When you get the SAT right, please mention me. I will share list of schools I have you can pick from.

Really inspired by what you hope to achieve at this age. Best of luck dear!

10 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by RemarkableMind: 11:27pm On Aug 05, 2020
fairheart:

I saw drDoom3 comment, and that was really nice.
There is a young man here called Daniel. I can't remember his username, but I will ask him. He was a member of EducationUSA and one of the ambassadors before he traveled last fall; still have connection with EAC though (they even paid his flight ticket to the US). Will try to link you with him. Send me a DM.
Once you hit a high SAT score, you will get full ride scholarship, and your age is really nice for this mission you are about to pursue. I suggest that you don't worry about your WAEC, but instead invest your energy on destroying SAT. Try to score 1450-1500 if possible. Even 1400 will get you full ride with some of the schools I have. Focus on the SAT and follow the instruction the other guy has given. Extra coaching will help, but the exam can be prepared for if you focus on reading textbooks, practice, etc without tutoring. Most of the students who reached out to me from here didn't use tutoring, but they studied very, very hard. When you get the SAT right, please mention me. I will share list of schools I have you can pick from.

Really inspired by what you hope to achieve at this age. Best of luck dear!

Onah16, I can share some textbooks my sister used with you. Pdf
fairheart 1500 one go hard o for first time sitting for SAT shocked shocked

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Pjomo: 11:53pm On Aug 05, 2020
RemarkableMind:

Wait, so you mean a student must write GRE to get visa? grin grin grin grin
Last year alone some students on this thread got approved their visa without GRE because their course did not require it.
Check transcripts from thread 14

Behave yourself responsibly so you don't get banned. Justwise can delete any useless post. he removed my posts too. Behave okay?
Forget all those fake visa transcript you read about no GRE, you know how many fake transcripts i wrote myself about no GRE?. I am even going to write one tomorrow that the embassy was opened because of me alone and my visa was approved. On a serious note, I have been an advocate of “take GRE test” even if your school doesn’t need it. All those lazy id!ots just want to abscond to USA without putting an effort. They will come here and end up been a dish washer at a mexican restaurant. Please don’t support that..

3 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by SoccerUSA(m): 12:48am On Aug 06, 2020
RemarkableMind:

Onah16, I can share some textbooks my sister used with you. Pdf
fairheart 1500 one go hard o for first time sitting for SAT shocked shocked
It's not but depends on the person actually. If he thinks of SAT to be nothing compared to the rigorous courses he has done in secondary school he might end up with lower score but if he thinks otherwise it might work out well.

Onah16, I have link(you can find all the resources you need to prepare free) to share with you that will help you prepare well.

3 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Friedpotato: 1:11am On Aug 06, 2020
RemarkableMind:

Wait, so you mean a student must write GRE to get visa? grin grin grin grin
Last year alone some students on this thread got approved their visa without GRE because their course did not require it.
Check transcripts from thread 14

Behave yourself responsibly so you don't get banned. Justwise can delete any useless post. he removed my posts too. Behave okay?
taking standardized tests increases your chances of getting a VISA against someone who didn't take. It proves to the V.O that you are at least a bit serious about studying in the US. But it is no determinant whether you'd get a VISA or not. I've also read transcripts here where V.O denied people because they've not taken any standardized tests so it's just good to be on the safer side.

3 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by gaeul(f): 2:11am On Aug 06, 2020
Thanks for your response. My CGPA BSc was 4.13/5. I have not done any GRE. Is it prerequisite for a PhD application...
horlahsunbo225:

Let's start from the basis, can you tell us your CGPA, GRE score, undergraduate course and intended course you wanna study...
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by SoccerUSA(m): 2:33am On Aug 06, 2020
Friedpotato:
taking standardized tests increases your chances of getting a VISA against someone who didn't take. It proves to the V.O that you are at least a bit serious about studying in the US. But it is no determinant whether you'd get a VISA or not. I've also read transcripts here where V.O denied people because they've not taken any standardized tests so it's just good to be on the safer side.

Hey friedpotato, Can I send a PM?

(1) (2) (3) ... (532) (533) (534) (535) (536) (537) (538) ... (779)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? / Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 106
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.