Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,382 members, 7,781,077 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 08:30 AM

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 - Travel (553) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (1343426 Views)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (550) (551) (552) (553) (554) (555) (556) ... (779) (Go Down)

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by alexohams2000(m): 5:18am On Aug 31, 2020
I attempted liking this 1000 times. This is exactly my point. It is an edge to take classes online from Nigeria. I am not a VO, but I am wise enough to know it shows how genuine your study plans are.

Friedpotato:

You people will just come and make unnecessary generalizations and factless conclusions.

You can always tell the V.O that your school doesn't offer online classes for your course but that was 'only' made available for fall due to the Coronavirus and it won't be available by spring. The V.Os knows this. Like the case of Havard and other big schools.

Apart from that you can always Google why in person classes are better than online classes and tell them one.

Taking online classes has it benefits. it proves that you're financially bouyant to be able to have covered your tuition and you might most likely focus on school and not planning to use F1 as a devious means to run.

3 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by ridlaw(m): 6:02am On Aug 31, 2020
VOs interview a lot of people with different majors going to different schools. You can’t expect them to know specific details about your program or school. And even if they do, it’s your responsibility to present your case in the best way possible. Never assume they should know something.
See listen, if you start to take your courses online now, it defeats the purpose of F1 visa. F1 primarily allow you to take your courses IN CLASS. This is why I advice you not to start with online classes because it might make things hard for you by the time you go for interview. And again, this is a period of uncertainty. Nothing is sure. Many things are changing. What if your school decides to permanently continue with online learning after this semester? Just differ till everything is clearer. Best of luck.
Jidebambam:
The program is Master's in film production. I was thinking any reasonable VO should realize there has to be hands-on involved in a program like thsi. I'm just afraid I'll lose the $5000 per semester assistance if I defer.

5 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by ridlaw(m): 6:29am On Aug 31, 2020
Hey, learn to make your opinion without attacking people. I gave my opinion based on my knowledge and experience about the visa process. If you disagree, you can as well state your points, rather than attack me.

Friedpotato:

You people will just come and make unnecessary generalizations and factless conclusions.

You can always tell the V.O that your school doesn't offer online classes for your course but that was 'only' made available for fall due to the Coronavirus and it won't be available by spring. The V.Os knows this. Like the case of Havard and other big schools.

Apart from that you can always Google why in person classes are better than online classes and tell them one.

Taking online classes has it benefits. it proves that you're financially bouyant to be able to have covered your tuition and you might most likely focus on school and not planning to use F1 as a devious means to run.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by UhnNah: 6:40am On Aug 31, 2020
ridlaw:
VOs interview a lot of people with different majors going to different schools. You can’t expect them to know specific details about your program or school. And even if they do, it’s your responsibility to present your case in the best way possible. Never assume they should know something.
See listen, if you start to take your courses online now, it defeats the purpose of F1 visa. F1 primarily allow you to take your courses IN CLASS. This is why I advice you not to start with online classes because it might make things hard for you by the time you go for interview. And again, this is a period of uncertainty. Nothing is sure. Many things are changing. What if your school decides to permanently continue with online learning after this semester? Just differ till everything is clearer. Best of luck.

I’ve previously thought starting your in-person classes online gives you an edge and makes you look like a serious student! But it’s no stronger than deferring and telling them you DIFFERED because your classes are in-person and you need to be physically there! That is also an edge!

With the way they decide people’s fate under a minute at interviews,Their thought process at that moment will go with the person that differed and needs to be in school rather than the person that’s already taking their classes online,like,just continue then!

2 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by LagosismyHome(f): 6:41am On Aug 31, 2020
ridlaw:

Based on what I read here over the years I somewhat agree that a Vo can deny based on the fact that a course was done online .....

However some of this is all new so nobody can accurately predict how things will be when things resume . It can go either way. It can be used against an applicant or it can be seen as ok as just a temporary measure during covid

3 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Friedpotato: 9:19am On Aug 31, 2020
ridlaw:
Hey, learn to make your opinion without attacking people. I gave my opinion based on my knowledge and experience about the visa process. If you disagree, you can as well state your points, rather than attack me.

sorry if I came off rude.

You have to understand that there are persons in STEM courses taking online classes currently. STEM courses requires practical sections, if they don't do the practical sections they won't graduate. I know a dude that was able to pick non practical classes for this first semester. That is another point someone can tell the V.O.

This is not a case off "since your school has option of online classes" like a dude here mentioned for his MBA.
It's impossible to take STEM courses online because you won't meet the requirements to graduate. For people in other courses, cogent reasons can also be brought out aside the ones I stated initially.

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Nobody: 9:39am On Aug 31, 2020
Aderin0la:
Thank you. But please don’t forget to post this again around November when we students are actually preparing to travel.

Lol. We are not even sure if Embassy would resume by then.. So optimistic of you though! smiley smiley

4 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Nobody: 4:57pm On Aug 31, 2020
Evans211:

Lol. We are not even sure if Embassy would resume by then.. So optimistic of you though! smiley smiley

The Lagos Consulate is very likely to resume visa duties on or before the first week in November.

They are currently recruiting for a Lead Automotive Mechanic. Applications closes on 17th September, while the job should tentatively commence within 6weeks after application.

4 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by TWoods(m): 9:17pm On Aug 31, 2020
Matinho:
Its just so sad that the Visa officers treat people with no esteem or regard on these interview. And when you compare with people in other parts of the world, they dont get these unfair treatment.These students have worked hard to gain admissions and want an education to better themselves but achieving their dreams lies in the hands of one person who may or may not give them a fair hearing at a 45 seconds interview. Every country has its shortcomings and just because there are many bad eggs from naija doesnt mean there are no genuine students going to study and hoping to make an impact in the world Goodluck to the guy going to the film academy, hopefully one day we go see you for the next black panther movie and you will make naija proud. These unnecessary inequitable treatment to prospective naija students to USA too will pass someday.

1. A large number of Nigerians don't treat their visa or immigration rules with esteem or regard either. This is the root cause of how they treat us. As you said, others around the world do not get the same "unfair" treatment... because they don't flout the rules like we do with impunity.

2. The VOs are simply doing their jobs, as they are required. They are not obligated to grant us passage to their country.

3. We don't have to go to their country to "make impact in the world". We can do that in our own country, we are just too corrupt, too dishonest, too lazy and too incompetent to do that.

4. When you beg Nigerians to do the right thing, mindful of the fact that their actions unfairly impact the innocent... they tell you "na who holy pass". Na which VO fair pass?

19 Likes 2 Shares

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by kelly24: 3:00am On Sep 01, 2020
Documents needed to show money available to the student. You must provide specified documents which show that the funds you are using to meet the maintenance requirements have been held fora consecutive 28-day period (finishing on the date of the closing balance) ending no more than 31 days before your application and no later than the date of the application.

GUYS DOES THIS MEAN YOU CAN USE BANK STATEMENT PRINTED 3 WEEKS AGO BEFORE YOUR VISA APPLICATION DATE AS FAR AS IT MEETS THE BALANCE REQUIREMENT?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by LagosismyHome(f): 5:36am On Sep 01, 2020
kelly24:
Documents needed to show money available to the student. You must provide specified documents which show that the funds you are using to meet the maintenance requirements have been held fora consecutive 28-day period (finishing on the date of the closing balance) ending no more than 31 days before your application and no later than the date of the application.

GUYS DOES THIS MEAN YOU CAN USE BANK STATEMENT PRINTED 3 WEEKS AGO BEFORE YOUR VISA APPLICATION DATE AS FAR AS IT MEETS THE BALANCE REQUIREMENT?

This is the requirement for UK student visa which is very different from USA student visa
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by fairheart(m): 7:10pm On Sep 02, 2020
Alistervibes:

Sir @fairheart i will like to communicate with you. I have pm you
I replied. Thank you!
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by fairheart(m): 7:18pm On Sep 02, 2020
chinasajudith92:

Please can I dm you too??
You're welcome
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by thekingofafrica: 11:47pm On Sep 02, 2020
Hello house, has anyone been able to secure a visa interview date at the consulate or perhaps make perhaps for an interview, Thanks in advance for your response.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Blessedpsalm: 1:19am On Sep 03, 2020
Aminat6137:

@Walspring. I'm much interested in the offer as I would like to take the exam so as to further my studies.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Friedpotato: 4:29am On Sep 03, 2020
Blessedpsalm:

@Walspring. I'm much interested in the offer as I would like to take the exam so as to further my studies.
Lol, why you go wan take am before?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by tsirin(f): 5:56am On Sep 03, 2020
Please who is in Northern Illinois University, let us talk, I am having issues in buying their textbooks online. Thanks
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Oloniyan(m): 11:55am On Sep 03, 2020
tsirin:
Please who is in Northern Illinois University, let us talk, I am having issues in buying their textbooks online. Thanks

Pm hisvoice
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by philip2014(m): 12:58pm On Sep 03, 2020
V
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Nobody: 1:16pm On Sep 04, 2020
horlahsunbo225:

I've paid for express since June 2 na story I dey hear till now...that's why I've not register for GRE
That's why it's good to do it normal. Express is a way to cheat people.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Friedpotato: 4:45pm On Sep 04, 2020
horlahsunbo225:

I've paid for express since June 2 na story I dey hear till now...that's why I've not register for GRE
what are they telling you is the problem? A friend in Benin paid for passport and for 3 months now, nothing.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by horlahsunbo225(m): 5:42pm On Sep 04, 2020
Friedpotato:
what are they telling you is the problem? A friend in Benin paid for passport and for 3 months now, nothing.
I collected it on Aug 11
My friend did her own in osun state and collected it same day
anastasius:

That's why it's good to do it normal. Express is a way to cheat people.
Don't try it boss
Six month you won't see your passport

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Nobody: 5:50pm On Sep 04, 2020
horlahsunbo225:

I collected it on Aug 11
My friend did her own in osun state and collected it same day
Don't try it boss
Six month you won't see your passport
People doing it normal ways and testifying nko? Check the international passport page on this section.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by horlahsunbo225(m): 8:47pm On Sep 04, 2020
anastasius:

People doing it normal ways and testifying nko? Check the international passport page on this section.
No problem boss.....
As a subtle advice to believe everything you read on the internet especially NL
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by barskaya: 12:43am On Sep 05, 2020
please which university or institution currently offer admission for international student master degree without ,no GMAT,TOEFL or ielts request??

(1) (2) (3) ... (550) (551) (552) (553) (554) (555) (556) ... (779)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? / Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.