Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,380 members, 7,808,356 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 10:47 AM

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 - Travel (599) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (1355591 Views)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (596) (597) (598) (599) (600) (601) (602) ... (779) (Go Down)

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by sonofakin: 8:43pm On Oct 15, 2020
1. Just type "Academic". You can see instructions on the lower right side of your screen

2. No, you pay in bank or through internet banking
Hollyholy:
1. Please o under education, I filled my uni and high school but under high school, how do I answer course of study?

Do I list my waec subjects in that space or ?

2. Also will I be prompted to pay for my ds 160 form with my card upon submission or do I have to go to gtb to pay. I was hoping to finish up online tonight and take advantage of dates available now.

3. Is it OK to fill only my uni under education and leave out high school. Does it matter that I have 5 years gap between when I finished high school and when I gained admission to uni?

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by jayzen(f): 8:50pm On Oct 15, 2020
You can try using this link.
https://www.imgonline.com.ua/eng/resize-image-result.php

Hollyholy:
Please is there an app I can use to get the photo size? I don search tire o

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by solihp(f): 8:51pm On Oct 15, 2020
Hollyholy:
1. Please o under education, I filled my uni and high school but under high school, how do I answer course of study?

Do I list my waec subjects in that space or ?

2. Also will I be prompted to pay for my ds 160 form with my card upon submission or do I have to go to gtb to pay. I was hoping to finish up online tonight and take advantage of dates available now.

3. Is it OK to fill only my uni under education and leave out high school. Does it matter that I have 5 years gap between when I finished high school and when I gained admission to uni?

For high-school, you can just indicate if it's science, Art, etc.

You can only pay at a GTBank branch or GTBank app, since it's late, you can use the GTbank app option, someone can also help you pay with their app.

The gap between high-school and university should be alright especially cause of the Jamb issue in naija

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by jayzen(f): 8:52pm On Oct 15, 2020
Yeah

Mkin:
Hi,
Is there anyone here going to Western Illinois University in Macomb for Spring (January) 2021?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by nitdude: 10:26pm On Oct 15, 2020
dipdat123:
. Please at what dollar please at what dollar exchange rate

I paid 170k in naira
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by xtus(m): 10:33pm On Oct 15, 2020
Hello, Please do you mean Kent State University? If yes, do you have any link to support this as I can find this information on their website. thanks

Bigsecret:
This might help someone.

To celebrate home coming anniversary, Kent State’s application fee will be waived from October 20th-27th. You should plan to submit your application then if you haven’t submitted.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by xtus(m): 10:34pm On Oct 15, 2020
Hello, Please do you mean Western Illinois University? If yes, do you have any link to support this as I can find this information on their website. thanks

jayzen:
To add to this:
WIU is doing the same.
Application fee waived till 31st of October.
Both grad and undergrad.

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by engrbayo11: 10:37pm On Oct 15, 2020
Good day everyone,

I recently schedule my visa interview, but before then, I already generated an application number on the D-160 form without filling the personal information on the DS-160 form.

I already used the DS-160 Application number to schedule the visa interview. Now, I want to go back to complete the DS-160 form, I already have the application ID but it is not accepting my security Questions ( first name and year of birth) because I didn't fill the form at all.

May I know if their is any way forward on this please?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by solihp(f): 10:41pm On Oct 15, 2020
engrbayo11:
Good day everyone,

I recently schedule my visa interview, but before then, I already generated an application number on the D-160 form without filling the personal information on the DS-160 form.

I already used the DS-160 Application number to schedule the visa interview. Now, I want to go back to complete the DS-160 form, I already have the application ID but it is not accepting my security Questions ( first name and year of birth) because I didn't fill the form at all.

May I know if their is any way forward on this please?

You can use another browser/network. If it doesn't work, fill another DS-160 form, then update the new ID on the visa page

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Michael820(m): 10:45pm On Oct 15, 2020
Hi guys.

I will be sponsoring my study by myself, I am wondering if there is any questions I should be prepared for so I don’t get caught off guard. Most of the approval stories have seen so far had someone sponsoring them.

I got GA, so I only have a deficit of 2.5k.

Any contribution will be greatly appreciated.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by engrbayo11: 10:49pm On Oct 15, 2020
solihp:

You can use another browser/network. If it doesn't work, fill another DS-160 form, then update the new ID on the visa page

Thank you so much for this. I checked under update profile and see that I can update my DS-160 ID there
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Nobody: 10:55pm On Oct 15, 2020
blessed4gifted:

Please help me in mock interview link. I really need it

Alwaysbecool:

Please kindly help me also with the mock interview link. Thanks

Really don't have any interview link. Thought he wanted mock interview prep.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by solihp(f): 10:56pm On Oct 15, 2020
Michael820:
Hi guys.

I will be sponsoring my study by myself, I am wondering if there is any questions I should be prepared for so I don’t get caught off guard. Most of the approval stories have seen so far had someone sponsoring them.

Since the deficit is small, I don't think your interview should be that different. Just ensure you have the 2.5k for the two years that is 5k showing in your account. Be prepared to go with your bank statement and answer questions about what you do for a living.

But in all, I think your interview would most likely be like the regular one.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by kastgeraldino: 11:09pm On Oct 15, 2020
Shave well, look smart and presentable, and the VO would most likely not ask you any real question. He may even praise you. It happens.

Michael820:
Hi guys.

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Salam038: 11:32pm On Oct 15, 2020
Mkin:
Hi,
Is there anyone here going to Western Illinois University in Macomb for Spring (January) 2021?

Yeah
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Salam038: 11:34pm On Oct 15, 2020
Neeta02:
Yeah I’m going there

Could we talk?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Hollyholy: 11:55pm On Oct 15, 2020
I appreciate all of your responses to my/our queries so far.

Right now I'm on the site for booking appointments, and I noticed theres space for first name and surname, no space for other names/middle name and they said the name a should be same as your passport.

So I want to put both my first name and middle name in the column for first name. So at the end all my names show.

Am I on track?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Bigsecret(f): 12:06am On Oct 16, 2020
xtus:
Hello, Please do you mean Kent State University? If yes, do you have any link to support this as I can find this information on their website. thanks

Kent State University. You won't find it on their website till maybe next week, the 20th.I have a mail and an insider to support my claim.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by fairheart(m): 12:18am On Oct 16, 2020
Who noticed that the DS160 now ask you to state your departure date from the US?
Sign that a lot is going on in the background.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by mumayo: 12:32am On Oct 16, 2020
iPLEXUS:
I applied 3 weeks ago. I’m interested if you want to talk
have you gotten a response from them? I'm about to apply as well
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by solihp(f): 12:35am On Oct 16, 2020
Hollyholy:
I appreciate all of your responses to my/our queries so far.

Right now I'm on the site for booking appointments, and I noticed theres space for first name and surname, no space for other names/middle name and they said the name a should be same as your passport.

So I want to put both my first name and middle name in the column for first name. So at the end all my names show.

Am I on track?

No, just put your first name and last/surname where it is specified, no need for middle name
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by geofortress: 1:18am On Oct 16, 2020
fairheart:
Who noticed that the DS160 now ask you to state your departure date from the US?
Sign that a lot is going on in the background.

I didn't notice this. I submitted my DS160 not long ago. Like around 11:40pm.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Beegirl1(f): 3:33am On Oct 16, 2020
Please no one replied my question on how to get an emergency interview date in Abuja. And also do I have to take a letter of support from my sponsor to the interview?.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by solihp(f): 3:48am On Oct 16, 2020
Beegirl1:
Please no one replied my question on how to get an emergency interview date in Abuja. And also do I have to take a letter of support from my sponsor to the interview?.

I don't think they are working in Abuja for now. It's better to just pick a date in Lagos. You don't have to take a letter of support.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by jayzen(f): 3:53am On Oct 16, 2020
You'll have to send them an email stating your reasons for wanting an emergency date, you'll be required to fill a form and they should get back to you with a date (that's the experience for those who tried with Lagos, I'm not sure Abuja is responsive in this manner but you can try if you're so keen about Abj) .
About cover letter. It's not necessary.

Beegirl1:

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Neeta02(f): 4:36am On Oct 16, 2020
Sure. Pm please
Salam038:

Could we talk?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Hollyholy: 5:43am On Oct 16, 2020
House I intend applying alone leaving two kids behind.

Please are there success stories of people that applied without their kids cos I keep hearing of denial after the VO asks why a mother is leaving her kid behind.

(1) (2) (3) ... (596) (597) (598) (599) (600) (601) (602) ... (779)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? / Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.