Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,685 members, 7,801,970 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 07:12 AM

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 - Travel (601) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (1353288 Views)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (598) (599) (600) (601) (602) (603) (604) ... (779) (Go Down)

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by jayzen(f): 11:52am On Oct 16, 2020
Congratulations!
Anybodie:
Visa Approved
I'll be back with transcript

2 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by thebest1210(m): 12:04pm On Oct 16, 2020
Anybodie:
Visa Approved

Congratulation!!!

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by kc6964(m): 12:19pm On Oct 16, 2020
I found this.... Hope their admission can secure me a visa? And generally how much did i need to deposit before i can be given admission or is it compulsory i must make full payment for tuition fees . Just asking

University of Nebraska--Kearney

Kearney, NE

inRegional Universities Midwest (tie)

1 user review

TUITION$14,901

(out-of-state)

TUITION$7,701

(in-state)

ENROLLMENT

Teedawg:

Look for schools in the Midwest and south of the US.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Hollyholy: 12:42pm On Oct 16, 2020
Please o I'm trying to pay for ds 160 using gt app.

After passport number, the next column has format for date with no explanation, is that for my date of birth, issue date of passport or what date exactly?

Please o
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Mosminic(m): 12:48pm On Oct 16, 2020
Hollyholy:
Please o I'm trying to pay for ds 160 using gt app.

After passport number, the next column has format for date with no explanation, is that for my date of birth, issue date of passport or what date exactly?

Please o
You mean pay for visa appointment?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Hollyholy: 12:50pm On Oct 16, 2020
Mosminic:

You mean pay for visa appointment?

Yes
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Hollyholy: 12:51pm On Oct 16, 2020
Please I need urgent response. What date do I fill after passport number...

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by kennedyemmy: 12:53pm On Oct 16, 2020
Good day...
Please is there anyone here who is a student or is going to Colorado State University next year 2021?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Beegirl1(f): 12:53pm On Oct 16, 2020
Thanks guys for the response. Much appreciated kiss
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Joyflexxy(f): 12:54pm On Oct 16, 2020
Anybodie:
Visa Approved
Congrat

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by bayocanny: 1:08pm On Oct 16, 2020
uche06:
Do u guys feel visas would be easy to get

apply first, experience is the best teacher.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by solihp(f): 1:15pm On Oct 16, 2020
Hollyholy:

Date of birth
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Hollyholy: 1:18pm On Oct 16, 2020
solihp:

Date of birth

God bless you

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by phizzle20: 1:20pm On Oct 16, 2020
That should be your date of birth
Hollyholy:
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Loboski: 1:30pm On Oct 16, 2020
Good day everyone.
[s]Can i still use the I-20 sent to me via email for Visa application?[/s]
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by eniolabsc: 1:45pm On Oct 16, 2020
Hi everyone,

For those that have been interviewed for visa of recent , what is the next step? Were your documents returned to you after paying the reciprocity fee (SEVIS, i20, passport)?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by tmphoto(m): 1:46pm On Oct 16, 2020
Hello,

I just made my MRV payment, so if I’m to fill the application for the visa appointment from where should I get the number to be use in filling it, is it the number from the Teller or the other printout that GTB gave me
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by dodoyinsolar202: 1:58pm On Oct 16, 2020
hello guys.
been a silent reader for a while. learnt alot. great job here.

pls i want to make my sevis fee payments. need a contact that can help while i pay the naira equivalent .
thanks.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Anybodie: 2:00pm On Oct 16, 2020
eniolabsc:
Hi everyone,

For those that have been interviewed for visa of recent , what is the next step? Were your documents returned to you after paying the reciprocity fee (SEVIS, i20, passport)?
No, they held on to everything (DS160 Confirmation, I-20, SEVIS and Visa receipts). I wanted to complain but I saw several other on the desk and they've been collecting them from everyone before me.

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Yapelehin: 2:03pm On Oct 16, 2020
Congrats!
Were you able to use the emailed I20 or it has to be the mailed document. Thanks
Anybodie:
Visa Approved
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by eniolabsc: 2:05pm On Oct 16, 2020
Anybodie:

No, they held on to everything (DS160 Confirmation, I-20, SEVIS and Visa receipts). I wanted to complain but I saw several other on the desk and they've been collecting them from everyone before me.

Thanks. I became even more concerned when the yellow paper was collected too.

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Loboski: 2:06pm On Oct 16, 2020
Can anyone answer this please,
My passport would expire in 2022 mean while, my program ends in 2023. Would it be wise to use thesame passport for visa application while i try to renew it before my interview?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Petershow: 2:06pm On Oct 16, 2020
Anybodie:

kindly share the transcript of your interview with us. Its gonna go a long way to guide some of us yet to be interviewed.
kind Regards
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by benjamina96: 2:09pm On Oct 16, 2020
cc walspring
dodoyinsolar202:
hello guys.
been a silent reader for a while. learnt alot. great job here.

pls i want to make my sevis fee payments. need a contact that can help while i pay the naira equivalent .
thanks.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by dodoyinsolar202: 2:11pm On Oct 16, 2020
thanks

benjamina96:
cc walspring
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Hollyholy: 2:26pm On Oct 16, 2020
I was able to book November 23rd.

Thank you everyone for your input.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Hollyholy: 2:26pm On Oct 16, 2020
tmphoto:
Hello,

I just made my MRV payment, so if I’m to fill the application for the visa appointment from where should I get the number to be use in filling it, is it the number from the Teller or the other printout that GTB gave me

Use the reference number on the print out

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by vc1177(m): 2:36pm On Oct 16, 2020
fairheart:

A student was showing me while filling her own. Maybe it is because she has been to the US.
It is all good.
I had to check mine but did not see that section.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Anybodie: 2:48pm On Oct 16, 2020
eniolabsc:

Thanks. I became even more concerned when the yellow paper was collected too.
Yeah, were you interviewed today?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by tmphoto(m): 2:48pm On Oct 16, 2020
Please I need urgent assistance,
I was unable to upload my passport when I submitted my ds160 application, I realized after scheduling my appointment just now that I’ll have to upload inorder for me not to be turned back.

So what should I do, should I cancel the appointment then retrieve my ds160 application again and then schedule another appointment.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Anybodie: 2:49pm On Oct 16, 2020
Petershow:

kindly share the transcript of your interview with us. Its gonna go a long way to guide some of us yet to be interviewed.
kind Regards

Visa Approved

Interview was scheduled for Friday, 9th October at the Lagos Consulate.

Two windows (VO) were available to interview applicants, both white in their mid 30's - 40's.
My interview session was really brief and straight to the point.

VO: Good Morning, I will like to take your biometrics for verification.
Me: Good Morning Ok Placed my fingers on the scanner.
VO: Please take your mask off briefly for Identification.
Me: Ok
VO: So, where in the US are you going?
Me: The University of Southern Mississippi
VO: What are you going there for?
Me: To pursue a Masters degree in Hydrographic Science
VO: What did you call your course?
Me: repeats twice
VO: So why Southern Mississippi?
Me: The Hydrographic Science program at USM comes with another certification, the FIG/IHO CAT-A certification. It is an industry standard and widely accepted certification. I also want to take advantage of the quality research on Autonomous Underwater Vehicles
VO: Ok, tell me about your course (at that time he stopped looking at me, started typing but kept smiling
Me: drops some sakamanje about AUVs and underwater gas seepages cheesy..... I was sure he had little or no idea about my course so I confidently said what came to my head at the moment (I read my course description last night on the school's website, this was also helpful)
VO: Visibly impressed with my description, So who will be funding your study? Did you get an assistantship?
Me: Yes, My admission offer came with full tuition waiver and monthlyl stipends
VO: Ok, Are you married?
Me: No, I am still single
VO: Do you have Kids?
Me: (at this point, I was a bit worried because I thought he was trying to establish home ties) I smiled and replied calmly, NO sir
VO: Ok, Take this slip to the cashier and make your payments, Keep your I-20 well, it will be requested for at the POE.
Me: I was smiling anyhow already, but I used my nosemask as disguise. grin grin grin Thank You!

That's all..... no question on travel history, educational background or professional experience. Brief and straight to the point. I think it is best to answer the questions as brief as possible, and let your answers match what you filled in your DS-160. About three candidates were rejected while I was on the line waiting for my turn. I was able to eavesdrop on their interview session

Rejection 1: He claimed to have a funding offer but it wasn't reflecting on his I-20. He said it will only reflect upon admission(I guess he meant resumption). The wasn't having any of it, he insisted the guy was admitted already and any funding offer must reflect on his I-20, he said he would have approved him but no proof of funding.

Rejection 2: Baba claimed to be single on DS-160 but said he was married when asked during the interview. He started shalaye , According to him, he gave his babe belle and had to marry her grin grin grin. He said he did his traditional marriage on October 10th, but was yet to do the legal marriage. VO didn't but his alaye ....Rejected.

I can't recall the reason for the third rejection.

The second VO asked some funny questions for the other guys while I was been interviewed
1) What's the official mascot of your school? The guy didn't know, he was asking what a mascot was...... His visa was approved regardless
2) Pronounce the name of your school (University of Louisville). The guy tried but not so spot on, VO corrected him and granted the Visa .

Overall, today was a good day for most applicants at the Lagos Consulate. I would say about 80% approval (judging from my time in the waiting hall, i noticed only three rejections).
About 30 - 40 applicants were interviewed today, 7 am was the last time on the schedule according to the CGI official on ground, and the last person on the queue (from outside) was already in the waiting hall before I was done with my interview (around 9 a.m.).

Bottom-line, wear something you are comfortable in; It can be a long wait before it get to your turn. Trust me, you don't want to be sweating outside while standing for over two hours. I went in a simple native attire that was free on my body, so I was at ease all through.

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Lildairo(m): 3:02pm On Oct 16, 2020
It's like no one likes answering my questions.

I ask again, has anyone gotten appointment recently in Abuja?

(1) (2) (3) ... (598) (599) (600) (601) (602) (603) (604) ... (779)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? / Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.