Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,238 members, 7,807,793 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 07:24 PM

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 - Travel (608) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (1355404 Views)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (605) (606) (607) (608) (609) (610) (611) ... (779) (Go Down)

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Lildairo(m): 2:01pm On Oct 19, 2020
I'm just tired.
The US Embassy Abuja just denied my emergency VISA appointment request for failure to upload my SEVIS FEE receipt. I don't understand why SEVIS FEE RECEIPT should be important to get emergency appointment. SEVIS FEE is not a requirement for emergency appointment on their site. The only requirement is Form I-20 which I uploaded.

I called the VISA Appointment centre and the officer that picked said that nothing can be done to my case because emergency appointment is only granted once, that I should be checking on their site regularly for earlier appointment that I'm not the only one whose emergency appointment is denied, that the embassy is aware of our case.

Why is SEVIS FEE important now, won't I submit it on the interview day?

Now, I'm afraid if Lagos would grant me emergency appointment because I have already filled the form.

I'm just tired.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Cocao(f): 2:08pm On Oct 19, 2020
Lildairo:
I'm just tired.
The US Embassy Abuja just denied my emergency VISA appointment request for failure to upload my SEVIS FEE receipt. I don't understand why SEVIS FEE RECEIPT should be important to get emergency appointment. SEVIS FEE is not a requirement for emergency appointment on their site. The only requirement is Form I-20 which I uploaded.

I called the VISA Appointment centre and the officer that picked said that nothing can be done to my case because emergency appointment is only granted once, that I should be checking on their site regularly for earlier appointment that I'm not the only one whose emergency appointment is denied, that the embassy is aware of our case.

Now, I'm afraid if Lagos would grant me emergency appointment because I have already filled the form.

I'm just tired.

Actually sevis receipt is part of the requirements for requesting an emergency appointment.
If you read through the requirements you would see. So sorry about that

4 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Babatill2023: 2:10pm On Oct 19, 2020
Lildairo:
I'm just tired.

I'm just tired.
To get an emergency appointment,SEVIS fee is required. They made exceptions at Lagos embassy during this period and people were given appointments after filling the emergency form. Those called for interview today were 57.
I think they are still following the normal template at Abuja.
I would advise you switch to Lagos if you want to get an emergency appointment without paying SEVIS fee.
Again,you might be sent a mail that your emergency request has been approved just few days to the scheduled date.
I would advise you get your SEVIS fee paid since you would be paying it anyways.
Some people didn't go for their interviews today because they couldn't pay their SEVIS fee.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Lildairo(m): 2:12pm On Oct 19, 2020
Babatill2023:

To get an emergency appointment,SEVIS fee is required. They made exceptions at Lagos embassy during this period and people were given appointments after filling the emergency form. Those called for interview today were 57.
I would advise you switch to Lagos if you want to get an emergency appointment without paying SEVIS fee.
Again,you might be sent a mail that your emergency request has been approved just few days to the scheduled date.
I would advise you get your SEVIS fee paid since you would be paying it anyways.
Some people didn't go for their interviews today because they couldn't pay their SEVIS fee.

I paid my SEVIS FEE since May. I have just mailed it to them.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Beegirl1(f): 2:38pm On Oct 19, 2020
Lildairo:
I'm just tired.

I'm just tired.

Please can you put me through on how n where you applied for the emergency appointment. Thank you
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Stalon99(m): 2:42pm On Oct 19, 2020
Congratulations
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by adelawry(m): 2:43pm On Oct 19, 2020
Babatill2023:
Visa Approved.

My interview was by 8:00m but I got there by 5:29am. I met 6 people there already waiting and I joined them. When it was some minutes to 6am,a woman asked us why came this early and we told her some of us had appointment by 6am,she was so shocked. She said she was expecting 7am as the earliest time for appointments.
So,she took her time before she started attending to us. We were asked to line up and we did security check before we started going inside the building in 5.
The V.O denied the first two ladies. They were married and working. Only one came with her kid. The 6 people that followed were given. Two were going for undergraduate,one PhD and 3 masters. Three have started their courses online.
I was the 9th person that was attended to.
V.O :- Good morning
Me:- Good morning (I passed my passport,I-20 and SEVIS fee confirmation page).
V.O:- Where are you going?
Me:- I am going to Georgia state university for my master's degree in Chemistry.
V.O:- Why this school?
Me:- The university has a strong reputation for research, innovation and diversity, I believe it would be an exciting place to be as I would be offered varieties in (he cuts me)
V.O:- Tell me things I can not find on the school website. You are telling me things you crammed from the school website
Me:-( Looking at him without saying anything because I was so confused)
V.O:- How many schools did you apply to?
Me:- Six
V.O:- Name them
Me:- Marquette university,Texas Tech, Bowling Green, Auburn university,Ohio university and GSU.
V.O:- Did Marquette give you admission?
Me:- No
V.O:- What about Auburn and others?
Me:- Only GSU gave me admission.
V.O:- oooooh I see, Which University did you finish from?
Me:- Federal University of Technology Minna.
V.O:- Who will pay for your deficit ($15,000)
Me:- My brother
V.O:- What does he do?
Me:- He has big store where be sells food stuffs and provisions in wholesale and also.has trucks for transportation business.
V.O:- Okay(types for some minutes). I intend to approve your visa,we are having problems with our reciprocity fee payment,you will have to come back tomorrow to pay it. Thank you
Me:- You are welcome ( I was shocked when he told me thank you,I said you are welcome in reflex).
He didn't ask me for any documents.
Solihp and Iwriteng,I am joining you guys.

Bro I legit remember all this conversation with the VO. Immediately, you told him only one school gave you admission and he said, I see the reason you chose the school. I was right behind you praying for you. Cos your shalaye about why you chose the school was not making sense to him. Remember, you thought he was asking what he can find on the website and then you started with off with the school was founded in....he quickly cut you and said. What he cannot find on the website.

Immediately, I started thinking of what I’d say if was asked that question. I particularly paid attention to people’s interview that when it was my turn someone had to even tap me cos it was more like learning from their conversation.

I saw that the VO was returning everybody’s passport I was first perplexed cos I thought if your visa was approved, he’ll keep the passport.
But I saw that most people were issued the white paper.

Then I heard him say, I intend to approve your visa but you’ll have to bla bla...I was like Ogbeni Intend bawo?

It was all good!

I was particularly impressed with the lady who’d be studying applied mathematics. Her interview was superb in my opinion. Then another lady who was going to study geology and her employer would be sponsoring. (I could even share their own transcript ���)

My visa was approved too. I’ll share my transcript later

21 Likes 2 Shares

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Beegirl1(f): 2:44pm On Oct 19, 2020
Lildairo:
I'm just tired.

I'm just tired.

Like did you apply for the normal appointment before requesting for emergency appointment. Cos I sent a mail to them and they told me to follow the instructions for expedited interviews.. that means I'd have to book for February next year .. I no wan risk am oo. Please guys I need your advice. Getting down to Lagos now gk hard via road n getting a week off work May not be so feasible. embarassed
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by adelawry(m): 2:49pm On Oct 19, 2020
Babatill2023:

57 bawo ?

We were around 30

Cos I noticed 16 people were ahead of me and about 13 were behind me. There was a list of all those invited. It was one and a half A-4 paper full with very bold letterings. We may have exceeded 30 slightly but I’m super sure we weren’t up to 40.

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Lildairo(m): 2:59pm On Oct 19, 2020
Beegirl1:

Like did you apply for the normal appointment before requesting for emergency appointment. Cos I sent a mail to them and they told me to follow the instructions for expedited interviews.. that means I'd have to book for February next year .. I no wan risk am oo. Please guys I need your advice. Getting down to Lagos now gk hard via road n getting a week off work May not be so feasible. embarassed

Yes, you have to book available appointment before you can see the option for emergency appointment. My scheduled interview is March 15th & now my emergency appointment was denied today and I cannot use the emergency appointment option again.

I'm just tired.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Babatill2023: 3:06pm On Oct 19, 2020
adelawry:

57 bawo ?

We were around 30

Cos I noticed 16 people were ahead of me and about 13 were behind me. There was a list of all those invited. It was one and a half A-4 paper full with very bold letterings. We may have exceeded 30 slightly but I’m super sure we weren’t up to 40.
The woman that was taking us in said they were expecting 57. You can ask anybody among the first nine people that came in.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by lifeofgolden1: 3:07pm On Oct 19, 2020
Lildairo:

Yes, you have to book available appointment before you can see the option for emergency appointment. My scheduled interview is March 15th & now my emergency appointment was denied today and I cannot use the emergency appointment option again.

I'm just tired.
Be Positive!
I believe things can change positively for good.
Follow this link to schedule an emergency visa appointment====https://forms.office.com/Pages/ResponsePage.aspx?id=dFDPZv5a0UimkaErISH0S5j2BuPEj2JBmORUsHWI2HZUNE5aMDAwWVNSNFBSWkhCVlFNNVRWNzhIOCQlQCN0PWcu
Note*** Give strong reasons why you need this appointment.
Goodluck!
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Babatill2023: 3:09pm On Oct 19, 2020
adelawry:

Bro I legit remember all this conversation with the VO. Immediately, you told him only one school gave you admission and he said, I see the reason you chose the school. I was right behind you praying for you. Cos your shalaye about why you chose the school was not making sense to him. Remember, you thought he was asking what he can find on the website and then you started with off with the school was founded in....he quickly cut you and said. What he cannot find on the website.

Immediately, I started thinking of what I’d say if was asked that question. I particularly paid attention to people’s interview that when it was my turn someone had to even tap me cos it was more like learning from their conversation.

I saw that the VO was returning everybody’s passport I was first perplexed cos I thought if your visa was approved, he’ll keep the passport.

Then I heard him say, I intend to approve your visa but you’ll have to bla bla...I was like Ogbeni Intend bawo?

It was all good!

I was particularly impressed with the lady who’d be studying applied mathematics. Her interview was superb in my opinion. Then another lady who was going to study geology and her employer would be sponsoring. (I could even share their own transcript ���)

Ooooooh
You were right behind me truly.
But before you came in,the woman said they were expecting 57 people. Before I said,we were not more than 25 or so.
All good
Congratulations bro

1 Like 1 Share

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by ZionSpecie(m): 3:22pm On Oct 19, 2020
adelawry:

It was all good!

Please the lady going for applied mathematics, do you remember he conversation with the VO?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Beegirl1(f): 3:23pm On Oct 19, 2020
Lildairo:

I'm just tired.

Ok. Thank you. I am really sorry about that. Maybe you can try Lagos , hopefully something good comes up. Just have faith. E hugs
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by UhnNah: 4:02pm On Oct 19, 2020
Congratulations to all the people with approved visas & good luck to the rest of you guys as well!

7 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Modelove(f): 4:41pm On Oct 19, 2020
Approved!Approved !Approved at Lagos embassy ....This can only be Gods doing ooo ....Abi who I be���...Thanks to Nairaland people oo expecially those who responds to questions asked and for posted transcripts too ...���Will be sharing my transcripts too later

16 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by missuzoma: 4:41pm On Oct 19, 2020
Congratulations my people!! Please ooo, I'm still asking, this online/in person lecture mode, is it written in on i-20s being issued for Spring? It's not on my ward's i-20 that just came in via email.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Sharon8: 4:42pm On Oct 19, 2020
Modelove:
Approved!Approved !Approved at Lagos embassy ....This can only be Gods doing ooo ....Abi who I be���...Thanks to Nairaland people oo expecially those who responds to questions asked and for posted transcripts too ...���Will be sharing my transcripts too later

Congratulations dear. Waiting for your transcript

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Modelove(f): 4:50pm On Oct 19, 2020
Sharon8:

Congratulations dear. Waiting for your transcript
thanks so much ...will definitely post it
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Chibzee2: 5:06pm On Oct 19, 2020
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Mosminic(m): 5:14pm On Oct 19, 2020
missuzoma:
Congratulations my people!! Please ooo, I'm still asking, this online/in person lecture mode, is it written in on i-20s being issued for Spring? It's not on my ward's i-20 that just came in via email.
It's no more necessary
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by zeeLady: 5:17pm On Oct 19, 2020
when is your start date? If the start date is January 15th, is it adviceable to apply for emergency in Abuja? Since its not within 60 days? Any one help.

Lildairo:
I'm just tired.

I'm just tired.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Olufemi7777: 5:19pm On Oct 19, 2020
Sorry boss but how did you get this certificate of enrollment?

geofortress:
Visa approved today October 19th 2020.

I was scheduled for 6am. Got their 5:30 am. We didn't start until around 6:30. Everyone that cane for 7 and 8 am was attended to together.. We joined the queue together.

Here is how it went

VO: good morning, pass me your documents.
Me: good morning and I passed it.
VO: where are you heading?
Me: I am a student of GSU and im studying Geosciences at MSC level.
VO: Whao! You are a student already? When did you start your program
Me: Yes. I have started in fall August 24 2020.
VO: type for some seconds and said do you have the evidence of enrollment.
Me: yes. I passed my certificate of enrollment and school fees payment receipt.
VO: He types again and ask you got a scholarship?.
Me: Yes. I got a tuition waiver and GA with stipend.
VO: Who is sponsoring your other expenses and what does he do?
ME: My Uncle. He is into real estate and has two filling station. VO cuts in..your father side or mother side. I said my mother side.
VO: OK. Where did you do your undergraduate?
Me: University of Lagos, University of first choice and the Nations pride.
VO: Ohh.. Lagos.
Me: Yes.
VO: Are you married, do you have children
Me: NO I'm not married and don't have any kid.
VO: This is your i20, take it along when you are traveling, Our system is down for now. Come back later maybe tomorrow to pay your recipository fee.
Me: The state way. ����✈️✈️✈️✈️✈️✈️

The white man that interviewed me denied first two people and I was number on number 9. He approved from number 3 to number 10. That I knew. I can't say about those that are after us.

2 undergraduates were approved. The remaining 4 was MSC including myself and 1 phd. 3 of us have started our program already while just two hasn't begin theirs.

Alhamdulilah.To God be the glory. I wish everyone success. When you are going, plan to be there a day to your interview. Maybe an hotel. The road blockage is mad.. I fly bike tore and very expensive while coming back.
Moti gbera tan o..
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by geofortress: 5:24pm On Oct 19, 2020
Olufemi7777:

I requested it from the registrar office since September.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Sugarxx: 5:37pm On Oct 19, 2020
Olufemi7777:

Congratulations!!!

I am worried about how this protest might impact visa applicants. I am scheduled for Nov 25th and I pray the embassy doesn’t close before then bye to the unrest and protest... “hope the Govt won’t start posting higher covid cases as a result of the protest” sigh
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by zeeLady: 5:47pm On Oct 19, 2020
could you share the conversation for the being sponsored by their employer. i have people who dont have funding, their school only give funding on arrival. please share what you can remember from their conversatiion. thanks

ZionSpecie:

Please the lady going for applied mathematics, do you remember he conversation with the VO?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by fairheart(m): 5:47pm On Oct 19, 2020
Sugarxx:

Congratulations!!!

I am worried about how this protest might impact visa applicants. I am scheduled for Nov 25th and I pray the embassy doesn’t close before then bye to the unrest and protest... “hope the Govt won’t start posting higher covid cases as a result of the protest” sigh

The protest is there to also draw our attention to what is collectively important to us. The reason 6 out of every 10 young Nigerian wish they have visa to leave Nigeria is because the country is hostile to their potential to thrive and be successful. Which is why getting an ordinary visa has become a symbol of success to us.
If you have interview this week, get yourself close to the embassy a day before the interview. Don't make the mistake of leaving your house the morning of the interview, except you are flying. And even if you are flying, make sure you get to Lagos local airport very early. This week and coming week will see more crowd and large pocket of protest, which is necessary until the slave masters at the top release their wicked whips.

Nigeria has been abandoned for too many years, hence the reason it's in a pathetic state. If our parents had demanded for restructuring and change to fundamental things, such as how we are governed, how much politicians take, our education system, etc, Nigeria would have been better than this.

So, plan yourself ahead. get an hotel close to the embassy, so you will not be delayed and affected by those who are trying to change the country.
#EndSARS.
#RestructureNigeriaNow

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by zeeLady: 5:48pm On Oct 19, 2020
could you share the conversation for the being sponsored by their employer. i have people who dont have funding, their school only give funding on arrival. please share what you can remember from their conversatiion. thanks

adelawry:

It was all good!

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by missuzoma: 6:05pm On Oct 19, 2020
Mosminic:

It's no more necessary

Thanks.

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by blessed4gifted: 7:48pm On Oct 19, 2020
geofortress:
Visa approved today October 19th 2020.

I was scheduled for 6am. Got their 5:30 am. We didn't start until around 6:30. Everyone that cane for 7 and 8 am was attended to together.. We joined the queue together.

Here is how it went

VO: good morning, pass me your documents.
Me: good morning and I passed it.
VO: where are you heading?
Me: I am a student of GSU and im studying Geosciences at MSC level.
VO: Whao! You are a student already? When did you start your program
Me: Yes. I have started in fall August 24 2020.
VO: type for some seconds and said do you have the evidence of enrollment.
Me: yes. I passed my certificate of enrollment and school fees payment receipt.
VO: He types again and ask you got a scholarship?.
Me: Yes. I got a tuition waiver and GA with stipend.
VO: Who is sponsoring your other expenses and what does he do?
ME: My Uncle. He is into real estate and has two filling station. VO cuts in..your father side or mother side. I said my mother side.
VO: OK. Where did you do your undergraduate?
Me: University of Lagos, University of first choice and the Nations pride.
VO: Ohh.. Lagos.
Me: Yes.
VO: Are you married, do you have children
Me: NO I'm not married and don't have any kid.
VO: This is your i20, take it along when you are traveling, Our system is down for now. Come back later maybe tomorrow to pay your recipository fee.
Me: The state way. ����✈️✈️✈️✈️✈️✈️

The white man that interviewed me denied first two people and I was number on number 9. He approved from number 3 to number 10. That I knew. I can't say about those that are after us.

2 undergraduates were approved. The remaining 4 was MSC including myself and 1 phd. 3 of us have started our program already while just two hasn't begin theirs.

Alhamdulilah.To God be the glory. I wish everyone success. When you are going, plan to be there a day to your interview. Maybe an hotel. The road blockage is mad.. I fly bike tore and very expensive while coming back.
Moti gbera tan o..
congratulations. my interview is on friday. GSU also. Material science

1 Like 1 Share

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by juniorsworld(m): 8:39pm On Oct 19, 2020
Does DHL deliver the passport to people if we make a request? Uber people no dey go near the protests and I live far from VI.

(1) (2) (3) ... (605) (606) (607) (608) (609) (610) (611) ... (779)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? / Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 94
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.