Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,334 members, 7,808,176 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 08:10 AM

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 - Travel (620) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (1355563 Views)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (617) (618) (619) (620) (621) (622) (623) ... (779) (Go Down)

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by zeeLady: 7:12pm On Oct 26, 2020
My husband was my sponsor too and i went with my child. some of these things dont have a clear cut answer. I have seen a a couple with a child all go together and all got. I have also seen the lady go with the child and the husband was given F2 later. PhD aint an easy journey and if the baby is very young, they might all give it a try since she has full funding. Many questions might be asked but be prepared for questions related to funding for the family.

crownzeal:
Hello House,

Please I need all the bosses opinion on this.

A friend got admitted for a fully funded PhD, she already started online classes. She intends to go with her child. But she wants to apply for visa with the husband as well, so the husband can come when he is ready. Note: The husband has no plans to stay in the US, he intends to be visiting. The husband is the sponsor for the dependents (himself and the baby).

Is it okay for the husband to be the sponsor in this case?
And is it fine for them to apply together?

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Ifesinachi22(m): 7:15pm On Oct 26, 2020
Hey everyone.

Good evening all. I applied to University of Boston but did not send my documents, i wanted to differ till fall 2021.

But they kept sending me emails about sending my Transcript. Now i want to send it and start this Spring. My school starts January 2nd 2021.

My question now is:

Can i send My Transcript, get an admission decision, book an F1 visa interview and get an Interview appointment all in December (ie Like between December 5th and 30th)?
My school starts January 2nd?

I pushed it to December so i can work on my Finance.

I seriously need an expert opinion. I like to start school immediately.

Thanks and God bless everyone.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by drDoom3(m): 7:30pm On Oct 26, 2020
Cocao:

How did you get this appointment? This Abuja people and their undercover appointments.

Good luck to you !

Schedule normal appointment on any date, then request emergency appointment after. They'll get back to you.

2 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Damian457: 7:50pm On Oct 26, 2020
charger247:
Nairalanders in the US pls I need your advice.

I am about to complete my masters program in cell biology but plan to start another degree in nursing but my study permit expires in may 2021. My question is, will I still be in status when I start another program or will it affect my Visa? How do you advice I go about this.

Thanks for your response in advance
when you gain the nursing admission tell your DSO to transfer your Sevis to the new school. It shouldn’t be an issue

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by solastar2: 8:00pm On Oct 26, 2020
Ifesinachi22:
Hey everyone.

Good evening all. I applied to University of Boston but did not send my documents, i wanted to differ till fall 2021.

But they kept sending me emails about sending my Transcript. Now i want to send it and start this Spring. My school starts January 2nd 2021.

My question now is:

Can i send My Transcript, get an admission decision, book an F1 visa interview and get an Interview appointment all in December (ie Like between December 5th and 30th)?
My school starts January 2nd?

I pushed it to December so i can work on my Finance.

I seriously need an expert opinion. I like to start school immediately.

Thanks and God bless everyone.

I doubt if this is possible.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by nitdude: 8:49pm On Oct 26, 2020
Good evening my people

Please I need your advise from experienced ppl in this thread.

If your company wants to give you an introduction letter for your F1 visa who should the letter be addressed to.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Agnestardom: 9:01pm On Oct 26, 2020
drDoom3:

Schedule normal appointment on any date, then request emergency appointment after. They'll get back to you.

Hi dear, can I ask for the emergency appointment even if it's not 60 days before my start date?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Snakedoctor1: 9:03pm On Oct 26, 2020
Mine is this SEVIS. I have logged in severally to check the status and was never told it had expired. I played in September last year.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Princekenuk: 9:04pm On Oct 26, 2020
HisEminence:

I did that by sending a mail to the consulate in Abuja, stating my reasons. And they replied

Please I need email of Abuja consulate
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Snakedoctor1: 9:05pm On Oct 26, 2020
Agnestardom:

Hi dear, can I ask for the emergency appointment even if it's not 60 days before my start date?

Consular General, if you a re attending Lagos.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Agnestardom: 9:16pm On Oct 26, 2020
Sharon8:

Select 1-20 if it's for F1 visa

Hello Sharon,

Please can I call you?
I really need to make my sevis payment but it seems not to go through. The column for the city isn't giving me lagos. Though I'm thinking it's school address but they didn't specify.

Could you please drop your number so I can call you?

Thank you.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Sharon8: 9:34pm On Oct 26, 2020
Agnestardom:

Hello Sharon,

Please can I call you?
I really need to make my sevis payment but it seems not to go through. The column for the city isn't giving me lagos. Though I'm thinking it's school address but they didn't specify.

Thank you.

You cannot make SEVIS payment within Nigeria. I guess that's why you didn't see Lagos as one of the city options. Contact Walspring to help you with that.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Predstan: 9:40pm On Oct 26, 2020
crownzeal:
Hello House,

A friend got admitted for a fully funded PhD, she already started online classes. She intends to go with her child. But she wants to apply for visa with the husband as well, so the husband can come when he is ready. Note: The husband has no plans to stay in the US, he intends to be visiting. The husband is the sponsor for the dependents (himself and the baby).

I advise the lady and the child apply first. The husband can apply later maybe after 6 months that the madam is in the US already. It might be easier if the Husband was the principal applicant

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Philadelphia: 10:12pm On Oct 26, 2020
Hello everyone,

Kindly give your honest advice or opinion in this issue:

If you had the option to choose either Ireland or US for an IT Masters course; all things being equal where both offered 100% scholarship with monthly stipends and both visas are given.

Where would be your preferred location and why?

Please answer honestly for someone's sake.

Thanks
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Philadelphia: 10:13pm On Oct 26, 2020
Why is it seeming that this "friend" is you?
crownzeal:
Hello House,

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by thebest1210(m): 10:17pm On Oct 26, 2020
drDoom3:
Having my interview tomorrow. Wish me good luck.

Good luck to you!

May God's grace, mercy and favor encapsulate you. Amen!

Go and come back here with an approved visa transcript.

4 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by dodoyinsolar202: 10:33pm On Oct 26, 2020
drDoom3:
Having my interview tomorrow. Wish me good luck.
may the odds be in your favour o.

2 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Ftos: 12:20am On Oct 27, 2020
dodoyinsolar202:
may the odds be in your favour o.
I wish you God's best!

2 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by segunbolawole: 4:22am On Oct 27, 2020
If you can't answer questions, ignore it
You can simply direct him/her to the thread or better still provide answers. That's why this platform was created
Milkshakes01:
If you read the thread from 20 pages back, you won’t ask this questions

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by segunbolawole: 4:25am On Oct 27, 2020
Great insight
Matluck:
I had the interview on the 16th October, 2020.

I booked a room at a hotel about 2.7km from the consulate. I also was fortunate to meet a driver who agreed to drive me to the consulate at 5am sharp...amd he kept his word... I almost felt goosebumps when he called me 4:59am.
Anyways, I arrived few minutes afterwards with some 5 interviewees waiting. We weren't attended to until few minutes past 6am.

Heads-up... please get all your documents and reciprocity fee ready. Some who came quite early had to fall out of the line to get their stuffs set... And trust the "boys" waiting to overbill you for your unpreparedness.
Shortly, we were ushered in and checked thoroughly and I began to fall back from my 2nd position in line to abt 5th (apparently, a razor was detected in my wallet which I had no premonition about)
Well, I entered sha...verifications and all. My ds160 was for Abuja and upon knowing, I was asked to wait so it can be retrieved to lagos' database. At this time, I was no 17th.
Gladly the consular official (I think he's the infamous Chinese) was just issuing visa o... Abt 14 plus... Only 1 got a yellow slip. I guess he took a break and another dude took over. And fast forward to me... Here it went thus..

Me: good morning
VO: yea, morning, your documents please
Me: hands over

VO: why are you going to US?
Me: I'm going to pursue a Masters degree in Engineering with concentration in petr....

VO: Why this school?
Me: well, besides the fact that it's among the top 10, the....

VO: I know, but why this particular one and not the other 9?
Me: OK, the works of prof... Quite aligns with mine interest and...

VO: so, who's sponsoring you?
Me: I was offered a research assistantship position which caters for the tuition and comes with stipends for my living expenses..

VO: are you married
Me: no

VO: do you have children
Me: no

... VO muted the microphone and started speaking with his colleague saying somethings like.. Yeah he's genuine and all and he's into a research program blah blah... Las Las...
VO : I intend to issue you a visa, go pay at counter 22 ensure your i-20 is with you blah blah...

Me: thank you.. God bless.

I'm profoundly grateful to my friend Prosper for the mockup interviews.. I don't know how to thank my God enough really.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by BGodsonMay: 5:18am On Oct 27, 2020
Thanks so much for this. This is really really appreciated. I'm grateful�
ZionSpecie:

You just have to use what is available for you. A very strong reason why the person is spending almost all his money on you will do. If it's your parent, that will be easy. Otherwise the person must be so indebted to you either because of how your parentsvgor him to where he is, or he has been the one footing your school bills from time.
There could be many more reasons though

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Johnadu: 5:49am On Oct 27, 2020
Agnestardom:

Hello Sharon,

Please can I call you?

Thank you.

I strongly suggest you get help on the payment. I couldn't pay mine, so I contacted Walspring who helped immediately. Just PM Walspring..

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Olenda1: 6:52am On Oct 27, 2020
Olenda1:
Please I need guidance please, admission has been offered and class is slated to start January but admission package I guess should be in Lagos right now because I got a mail from the delivering channel saying that the package delivery will be delayed because of the unrest state of the country, please what next should I do please I need help.
please I still need help on this nairalanders abeg
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Agnestardom: 7:06am On Oct 27, 2020
Johnadu:

I strongly suggest you get help on the payment. I couldn't pay mine, so I contacted Walspring who helped immediately. Just PM Walspring..

Alright dear.

Thank you.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Agnestardom: 7:10am On Oct 27, 2020
Johnadu:

Thank you so much.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Agnestardom: 7:12am On Oct 27, 2020
Sharon8:

You cannot make SEVIS payment within Nigeria. I guess that's why you didn't see Lagos as one of the city options. Contact Walspring to help you with that.

Thank you big
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by BGodsonMay: 7:31am On Oct 27, 2020
Good morning nairalanders. Please I need someone that can organize a mock interview for me oOoo... Ejò edakun, help a brother. undecided cry cry
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by ZionSpecie(m): 7:44am On Oct 27, 2020
crownzeal:
Hello House,

I'll advise you apply with your child for now. Since your hubby is the sponsor, it "might" raise some questions in the VO's mind if he is also applying to go with you. He can always apply for F2 after you've gone. He has the right to miss his wife and child, so going on a visit shouldn't be a problem to the VO. This is just to be safe though

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by ishow(m): 7:50am On Oct 27, 2020
Has anyone scheduled an interview appointment recently? Are interview dates available for Dec and Jan?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Friedpotato: 8:00am On Oct 27, 2020
drDoom3:

come share transcript oo

1 Like 1 Share

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by tarantino1: 8:35am On Oct 27, 2020
Please what documents should I take along with me while going to make my payment at gt bank
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by felixboye1(m): 8:41am On Oct 27, 2020
Lagos Consulate has started rescheduling date for those who their appointments got cancelled. I have been scheduled to 6/11.

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (617) (618) (619) (620) (621) (622) (623) ... (779)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? / Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.