Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,289 members, 7,807,980 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 01:04 AM

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 - Travel (646) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (1355492 Views)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (643) (644) (645) (646) (647) (648) (649) ... (779) (Go Down)

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Ftos: 6:22am On Nov 06, 2020
Alwaysbecool:
Evening great gurus in the house,

I am having my interview this month and I want to ask a question.

If am asked by the VO ' why this school'? In addition to explaining how the course align with my interest coupled can I also say the school was recommended to me by a colleague at work since he was an alumni?

Thanks

No!!! That's If they ask how you know about the school or course
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by LagosismyHome(f): 6:39am On Nov 06, 2020
NoTimeZone:
Good morning bosses.

A family friend in the US is about paying my Sevis fee and I need some clarifications.

On the section for address, I got the info that it should be as it appears on my international passport but I can't find where my address is written on my passport.

What should I fill in as an address?

Please, help me out on this.

@Walspring @lagosismyhome @fairheart

Address for sure is never on international passport, it here on driving license but not international passport. Just put in your home address
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by LagosismyHome(f): 6:44am On Nov 06, 2020
bigfrancis21:
Hello everyone,

A cousin of mine married to a US citizen, who also has a child for him, would like to visit his family in the US. He currently does not intend to relocate to the US now because of his businesses in Nigeria that he handles, thus he decided to apply for the B2 visa. However, the earliest date that he booked is Mar 21 2020 but he would like to request an emergency date to visit his family on or before Christmas ideally. He has never done this before, what are good and proven emergency request reasons for the visiting visa?

Chairman this fit hard to classify as an emergency... I doubt if the embassy will answer your friend under emergency but he fit try

Secondly I dont think they started attending B1B2 yet so if they havent then he has to wait till that service starts
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by NoTimeZone(m): 6:45am On Nov 06, 2020
LagosismyHome:

Address for sure is never on international passport, it here on driving license but not international passport. Just put in your home address
Thanks a lot

bigfrancis21:

You can use your residential address. Just any address is fine. It doesn't matter really.
You were quick in your response to me, thanks big time

Bellaluve:
Contact Walspring ...He can help you make the payment
You too, thanks

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Felizz: 6:54am On Nov 06, 2020
I got this email too..i was told to schedule my appointment to June 19, 2021 and then request for expedited appointment so that my expedited appointment will move to nov 13.. Now I have schedule an appointment to June 19 2021.. But now there is no column to click for the request of an expedited appointment oooo.am just scared now

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Sanguine1: 7:01am On Nov 06, 2020
HELLO ALL,
PLEASE KINDLY HELP A POOR BOY OOO, I HAVE BEEN TRYING TO SCHEDULE AN APPOINTMENT FOR F1 VISA INTERVIEW BUT NO APPOINTMENT DATE AVAILABLE FOR NOW.. PLEASE HOW CAN I SCHEDULE INTERVIEW DATE OOOOO.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Hollyholy: 7:35am On Nov 06, 2020
Felizz:
I got this email too..i was told to schedule my appointment to June 19, 2021 and then request for expedited appointment so that my expedited appointment will move to nov 13.. Now I have schedule an appointment to June 19 2021.. But now there is no column to click for the request of an expedited appointment oooo.am just scared now

How did you get the November 13th appointment initially?

Was it through the normal scheduling or you sent an email for emergency appointment and they awarded you November 13th?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Hamdat55: 8:28am On Nov 06, 2020
Interview Date: 30th October

VISA APPROVED!

Me - Good morning
V.O: - Good morning

V.O: - place your hand on the scanner
Me - I did

V.O: - Take off your nose mask for minute for identification
Me - I removed is with smile
V.O: Why are you going to US
Me: I gained admission to University of North Dakota to study petroleum engineering.
V.O where do you work?
Me: I told him
V.O: how long have you been working with this company?
V.O: Why UND?
Me: Aside from the fact that the tuition fee and living expenses for two years in Granforth city perfectly suit my budget, Petroleum Engineering department at UND offer a flexible curriculum which entails research of oil and gas discovery in unconventional reservoir. There are very few people with such skill in Nigeria, this will be an added advantage for me and put me in a good position when I finally return to my company.
V.O: How many school did you apply to?
Me: I applied to three schools in United Kingdom, I applied to UND and two others in USA. But before I complete my application for other two, UND offered me admission.
V.O: Are you Marry?
Me: yes with three Kids. A boy and two girls
V.O: will your wife travel with you?
Me: she will not go with me at the moment
V.O: have you travel out of Nigeria before?
Me: I traveled to Saudi Arabia February this year for lesser Hajj
V.O: Umrah? (With smile)
Me: Yes (with smile)
V.O: who is going to pay for this program?
Me: I will.
V.O: do you have bank statement?
Me: yes (I slide it to him). He flipped through the bank statement and handed it to me.
V.O How many state have you been to in Nigeria?
Me: river state, Delta state, Kaduna, Abuja, Osun, Kwara, Ondo and ofcourse I was born in oyo state. I travel to Rivers, Delta and Imo a lot.
V.O: and Lagos (with smile)
Me: ofcourse I reside in lagos (with smile)

V.O: why do you frequent rivers state often?
Me: I go for site visit onshore and offshore
V.O: so you go offshore
Me. More often
V.O: it very cold in North Dakota now you know?
Me: yes I know (With smile)
V.O: I will approve your visa. Have this yellow form, go to window 22 and pay your reciprocity fee. I wish you best of luck.

36 Likes 3 Shares

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by yinkhar(f): 8:31am On Nov 06, 2020
Hamdat55:

VISA APPROVED!

Me - Good morning

Me - I did

Me: I gained admission to University of North Dakota to study petroleum engineering.
V.O where do you work?
Me: Aside from the fact that the tuition fee and living expenses for two years in Granforth city perfectly suit my budget, Petroleum Engineering department at UND offer a flexible curriculum which entails research of oil and gas discovery in unconventional reservoir. There are very few people with such skill in Nigeria, this will be an added advantage for me and put me in a good position when I finally return to my company.
Me: I applied to three schools in United Kingdom, I applied to UND and two others in USA. But before I complete my application for other two, UND offered me admission.
Me: yes (I slide it to him). He flipped through the bank statement and handed it to me.
Me: river state, Delta state, Kaduna, Abuja, Osun, Kwara, Ondo and ofcourse I was born in oyo state. I travel to Rivers, Delta and Imo a lot.

Me. More often
V.O: I will approve your visa. Have this yellow form, go to window 22 and pay your reciprocity fee. I wish you best of luck.

Have you been contacted to pick your passport?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Hamdat55: 8:38am On Nov 06, 2020
yinkhar:

Have you been contacted to pick your passport?
No. i have not
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by solastar2: 8:49am On Nov 06, 2020
Hamdat55:

VISA APPROVED!

Me - Good morning

Me - I did

V.O where do you work?

Me. More often

Congrat
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Agnestardom: 8:58am On Nov 06, 2020
4hranc:

Co-asking please

Seconded please
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Lete: 9:00am On Nov 06, 2020
Good morning guys. Please kindly help me with clarifications on these:

After booking an appointment for April which is the earliest date, I then went ahead to apply for emergency date, filled the form from the link that was emailed to me, then another email came in saying they have discontinued using that form for emergency appointment and gave me another link to do it online, which I did, there’s a space to briefly explain for you should be granted emergency appointment and opportunity to upload documents that can support your case, which i did and I confirmation page saying your application has been submitted. But I never hear from them since yesterday oo, hope I’m still on track, should I still wait for a while for them to get back to me

If am asked on the interview day why this particular school? Please what is the best answer I can give??

If am asked for masters in the U.S and not Nigeria, what is the best answer I can give?

Lastly, I chose DHL office in v.i to pickup my document, what document are these? And am I to submit my international passport to them after my interview or do I have to go submit it before my interview??

Please guys kindly help with the above questions. God bless us all and grant us all our heart desires. Amen!
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Lollla: 9:01am On Nov 06, 2020
Hi everyone, I'll like to know if anyone has been able to schedule another appointment after recently received. If yes, how did you go about it.

Thank you
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by LagosismyHome(f): 9:02am On Nov 06, 2020
Hamdat55:

VISA APPROVED!

Congrats... May God bless your new journey

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Lollla: 9:02am On Nov 06, 2020
Sorry I meant after recently denied.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Asguard: 9:06am On Nov 06, 2020
Felizz:
Good morning chief, the procedure are attached to the email. I got the same email yesterday as well. After you pick the June 19th, by your left hand side, you will see request emergency date then you will be directed to fill your tentative travel date, why you want the emergency and you attach the copy of the email that was sent to you to the box asking you to upload documents and that's it.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by thebest1210(m): 9:08am On Nov 06, 2020
Just a quick one....

University of Alabama is offering an application fee waiver for graduate applications from Nov 8 - Nov 15. Check it out if you are interested.

9 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Asguard: 9:10am On Nov 06, 2020
Lete:
Good morning guys. Please kindly help me with clarifications on these:

After booking an appointment for April which is the earliest date, I then went ahead to apply for emergency date, filled the form from the link that was emailed to me, then another email came in saying they have discontinued using that form for emergency appointment and gave me another link to do it online, which I did, there’s a space to briefly explain for you should be granted emergency appointment and opportunity to upload documents that can support your case, which i did and I confirmation page saying your application has been submitted. But I never hear from them since yesterday oo, hope I’m still on track, should I still wait for a while for them to get back to me

If am asked on the interview day why this particular school? Please what is the best answer I can give??

If am asked for masters in the U.S and not Nigeria, what is the best answer I can give?

Lastly, I chose DHL office in v.i to pickup my document, what document are these? And am I to submit my international passport to them after my interview or do I have to go submit it before my interview??

Please guys kindly help with the above questions. God bless us all and grant us all our heart desires. Amen!
Just hold on, it's written there you would be notified if granted or refused.
About what to tell the vo about why USA, well I think you should go through your school program properly and compare it to where you did your undergraduate studies and tell the vo the difference.
About your pick up location, I think it should be dhl isolo and that is to pick up your visa if approved or if they sieze your passport .
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by obexxy: 9:20am On Nov 06, 2020
good morning
that option is not showing for some of us
Asguard:

Good morning chief, the procedure are attached to the email. I got the same email yesterday as well. After you pick the June 19th, by your left hand side, you will see request emergency date then you will be directed to fill your tentative travel date, why you want the emergency and you attach the copy of the email that was sent to you to the box asking you to upload documents and that's it.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Lete: 9:21am On Nov 06, 2020
Asguard:

Just hold on, it's written there you would be notified if granted or refused.
About what to tell the vo about why USA, well I think you should go through your school program properly and compare it to where you did your undergraduate studies and tell the vo the difference.
About your pick up location, I think it should be dhl isolo and that is to pick up your visa if approved or if they sieze your passport .

Thank you for this. God bless u.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Chibzee2: 9:27am On Nov 06, 2020
Ftos:

I thing you used the mail LagosNIV@...not that you followed the official website. am I right?
Yes I used the mail
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Sanguine1: 9:29am On Nov 06, 2020
Hello all, I tried to book a date but available date yet, what should I do?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Mosminic(m): 9:47am On Nov 06, 2020
Visa Approved today at Lagos Consulate. Thanks to everyone on this platform. This is the best thread on Nairaland!!!

Window 13 (Not sure), Walter Carrington.

Interview date: 6th November, 2020. Time was 7am got there around 6am and met a queue on ground already

Me: Good morning Sir

VO: Pass me your documents

VO: What are going to do in the US

Me: I'm going for my graduate study at the University of Kentucky.

VO: Why University of Kentucky?

Me: Asides the fact that I was granted a fully funded admission scholarship, the graduate admissions Committee also chose me to receive a highly competitive supplemental funding in recognition of past academic achievements

VO: What was your undergraduate study major?

Me: Chemistry

VO: Which University?

Me: University of Lagos.

VO: What is Entropy?

Me: It's the state of disorderliness of a system.

VO: Why is it important?

Me: It shows how spontaneous a particular reaction can be.

I intend approving your visa, take this white paper and go pay your reciprocity fee in Window 22.

VO: Do you like Basketball?

Me: Yes (With a big smile because I knew it'll come up as UKY has the most successful college Basketball team in the US).

VO: You'll enjoy University of Kentucky.

Special thanks to Mr Fairheart (you're super amazing), Dre (best human ever), Mr Damola of UKy, Abeeb (Grad School hustle partner), all my UKY connects (Oge, Tosin, Great, Kenny, Michael, Kenny, Mr Austin and Prof Victor).

ADVICE: Just be as confident as you can be and respond to all questions as brief and comprehensive as possible. Also SMILE!

52 Likes 3 Shares

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by missuzoma: 10:07am On Nov 06, 2020
Good News!!!! My daughter just called to say, "Visa Approved." She'll later find a way to post her transcript.
Miami University, Oxford, Ohio, Creative Writing. She said it was a friendly chat and is wondering whether it'll sound like a 'normal' transcript.
God bless all of you for answering my numerous questions! Good luck to everyone.

28 Likes 1 Share

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Sharon8: 10:24am On Nov 06, 2020
Mosminic:
Visa Approved today at Lagos Consulate. Thanks to everyone on this platform. This is the best thread on Nairaland!!!

Interview date: 6th November, 2020. Time was 7am got there around 6am and met a queue on ground already

Me: Asides the fact that I was granted a fully funded admission scholarship, the graduate admissions Committee also chose me to receive a highly competitive supplemental funding in recognition of past academic achievements

I intend approving your visa, take this white paper and go pay your reciprocity fee in Window 22.

Me: Yes (With a big smile because I knew it'll come up as UKY has the most successful college Basketball team in the US).

Special thanks to Mr Fairheart (you're super amazing), Dre (best human ever), Mr Damola of UKy, Abeeb (Grad School hustle partner), all my UKY connects (Oge, Tosin, Great, Kenny, Michael, Kenny, Mr Austin and Prof Victor).

ADVICE: Just be as confident as you can be and respond to all questions as brief and comprehensive as possible. Also SMILE!

Congratulations dear. Success in your career.

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Sharon8: 10:24am On Nov 06, 2020
missuzoma:
Good News!!!! My daughter just called to say, "Visa Approved." She'll later find a way to post her transcript.
Miami University, Oxford, Ohio, Creative Writing. She said it was a friendly chat and is wondering whether it'll sound like a 'normal' transcript.
God bless all of you for answering my numerous questions! Good luck to everyone.

Wow.. Congratulations to her

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by adelawry(m): 10:36am On Nov 06, 2020
Hamdat55:

VISA APPROVED!

Me - Good morning

Me - I did

V.O where do you work?

Me. More often

Congratulations...just a quick enquiry, did you get into the PhD or MS program ? If PhD, do you have an MS and were you required to take the GRE ? I’m asking for a friend.

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Hamdat55: 10:41am On Nov 06, 2020
adelawry:

Congratulations...just a quick enquiry, did you get into the PhD or MS program ? If PhD, do you have an MS and were you required to take the GRE ? I’m asking for a friend.
MEng. GRE was waved due to my long years of experience.

2 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Asguard: 10:48am On Nov 06, 2020
obexxy:
good morning
that option is not showing for some of us
Then use the link provided in the email sent to you.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Sharon8: 10:55am On Nov 06, 2020
Asguard:

Then use the link provided in the email sent to you.

I tried that as well, it didn't work. The emergency request option is not showing at all.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Peacock1234: 10:56am On Nov 06, 2020
Mosminic:

This seems very interactive. Was smiling while I was reading it sef. Congrats

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (643) (644) (645) (646) (647) (648) (649) ... (779)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? / Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 82
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.