Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,757 members, 7,802,315 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 12:22 PM

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 - Travel (688) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (1353370 Views)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (685) (686) (687) (688) (689) (690) (691) ... (779) (Go Down)

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by adelawry(m): 10:56pm On Nov 17, 2020
Fabuloski:

Thermodynamics, yes. Fluid mechanics not so much, unless rheology of polymers count Sha. However, can't they use other materials to determine this thing, correct me if I am wrong but 90% of Thermodynamics and Fluid mechanic is abstract mathematics, which won't be a problem for someone will a good mathematics background.

A solid background in maths is sure a factor that can help you excel in engineering. But that you have a strong background in maths doesn’t guarantee strength in these courses. Mind you, the thermo in Chem engr slightly differs from that in Mech engr (which is the easier one). They are NOT abstract mathematics ooo. In fact, you need plenty of real-life understanding of thermodynamic systems to excel in those courses.

If you do your search well, you’ll be able to find a few schools that you stand a chance. Check out University of Illinois, chemical and biomolecular engineering. Good luck in your search!

5 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Fabuloski(m): 11:00pm On Nov 17, 2020
adelawry:

A solid background in maths is sure a factor that can help you excel in engineering. But that you have a strong background in maths doesn’t guarantee strength in these courses. Mind you, the thermo in Chem engr slightly differs from that in Mech engr (which is the easier one). They are NOT abstract mathematics ooo. In fact, you need plenty of real-life understanding of thermodynamic systems to excel in those courses.

If you do your search well, you’ll be able to find a few schools that you stand a chance. Check out University of Illinois, chemical and biomolecular engineering. Good luck in your search!
Thank you very much
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Chonco: 11:23pm On Nov 17, 2020
Greenman2020:

Friday I think is the next appointment date. Expect several transcripts including mine. Cheers!

I'm waiting for the Good news.

4 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Travellersdelig: 12:29am On Nov 18, 2020
Nice initiative team.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Snakedoctor1: 1:54am On Nov 18, 2020
Pls how does one reschedule interview from Lagos to Abuja?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Lete: 2:29am On Nov 18, 2020
Please guys, somehow is trying to make my sevis payment for me, he’s not sure what to fill in the attached. Please can anyone help??

He’s not getting sevisfee as the biller.

Please someone should help clarify.

Thanks in anticipation

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Allylic(f): 3:12am On Nov 18, 2020
Wow..I have missed checking this page for transcripts..

All the best to those going for their Visa interview.

To all that have gotten their Visa,Congratulations..

So good to be back..

Please if you want to book flight ,please contact me..

Thank you.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by codeline(m): 4:16am On Nov 18, 2020
Ftos:
Does anyone apply for emergency request and approved, and the on logging in to reschedule the portal shows the message "your group size is larger than the current allocation". Please, who encountered this?

Someone i know had similar experience last year. It appears to be an error on their system while creating the emergency appointment portal for you. You have to wait till the emergency appointment expires before you request for another emergency date.
You can also post feedback to them for escalation from their end.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Nobody: 5:27am On Nov 18, 2020
Lete:
Please guys, somehow is trying to make my sevis payment for me, he’s not sure what to fill in the attached. Please can anyone help??

He’s not getting sevisfee as the biller.

Please someone should help clarify.

Thanks in anticipation

Preferably let the person walk in to a WU outlet and make the payment there rather than doing it online
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Ftos: 5:31am On Nov 18, 2020
codeline:

Someone i know had similar experience last year. It appears to be an error on their system while creating the emergency appointment portal for you. You have to wait till the emergency appointment expires before you request for another emergency date.
You can also post feedback to them for escalation from their end.

Thank you! But if the emergency expires, will there be a chance to request another using same MRV since it's a single chance?
What did your friend do in his own case?
Thanks!
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Upton: 7:34am On Nov 18, 2020
Hi folks, just an advice, is it possible to apply for admission into a January program now? Would the embassy issue visa even if my appointment date is after school resumption?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Deltayankeeboi: 8:01am On Nov 18, 2020
Hello @greenskittles. I noticed you have not been active on this thread these days boss.

How far with your applications.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by greenskittles: 8:51am On Nov 18, 2020
Deltayankeeboi:
Hello @greenskittles. I noticed you have not been active on this thread these days boss.

How far with your applications.
Thanks for checking, I just don't come here anymore for some reasons.

I'm finishing up my first quarter at Stanford this week. It's been incredible. The school is insanely tough and really lives up to its reputation. Feels like I've learned what I would learn in a session in Nigeria in one quarter.

Hope you're doing great too.

7 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by NigPatriot(m): 8:59am On Nov 18, 2020
So my friend just sent me her transcript via WhatsApp. She's not on this platform. But since I knew when she began this journey, I feel I should post this here.

Embassy Location: Lagos
VISA APPROVED 13/11/2020

GRE: 294
TOEFL: 89

V.O: Good morning

Me: Good morning Sir

V.O: Pass me your documents

Me: I did ( The man was just typing all through)

V.O: Where are you going to?

Me: I'm going to University of Texas to pursue my Masters degree in AESS

V.O: What’s PGRA? (Still typing and not even looking at me)

Me: Presidential Graduate Research Assistantship Award (Omo guys, I was so nervous that I didn’t even bother explaining the award in depth, I just told him the full meaning)

V.O: (Looks at my I-20) Why Sustainability Studies?

Me: Upon Graduation, I worked as a graduate intern in a Gold mine where I observed the ‘bad’ (I was supposed to say negative) impact of mining activities in the environment. That was what spurred my interest in this field. (Guys for real, I didn’t just say all these things at once o, I stammered o all through. Out of fear�) ( The VO was just typing, then he gave me this look like ‘it’s not that serious, calm down �’)

V.O: Have you ever travelled out of Nigeria?

Me: No ( I said No out of fear o, like a reflex) ( Then I quickly said sorry Sir, I have been out of Nigeria for my undergraduate studies) ( Then the VO nodded and gave me this look again like; Oh! so you just woke up from your sleep abi�) ( I really don’t know why I was so nervous o��)

V.O: I will be approving your visa. (Gave me the yellow slip where he circled the F1 visa and another form for the DHL stuff) and directed me to pay the reciprocity fee.

Me: Thank you, sir.

GUYS, it was just God ooo, because personally I know that I messed up a lot hmmm but God showed me mercy and His favor took over����

Please be calm when answering the questions.

What I observed in most of the rejection cases was that the “Who will be funding you part was not answered well”

Big thank you to everyone who contributed to this victory , all the previous success stories that encouraged me��

I wish all the applicants yet to be interviewed God’s speed and unmerited favor (because that’s all we need to be honest, no amount of preparation is sufficient, during all my mocks ehn, you should have seen me running my mouth, but when I got there I was stammering �but Jesus took the wheel��

P.s: The preparations should not be underestimated also, because it gives you some level of confidence.

Sorry for my long story �

Thank you once again.

22 Likes 2 Shares

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by EmeritusR: 9:39am On Nov 18, 2020
please if I have someone in the US that can pay my sevis fee for me how will I do it, do the person still have to pass through western Union payment or the person can pay directly since he is in the US. which is preferable?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by omomayelakesi: 9:49am On Nov 18, 2020
Visa Approved
Transcript
Course: PhD in Biomedical Sciences
School: University of North Dakota
Funding: full ride
Graduated 2012 with 6 years
Started at window 4 and completed at window 6
VO: Good morning Sir your passport and i20.
Me: Good morning sir
Me: Here they are
VO: Why are your going to the US
Me: I am going to the US for a doctorate degree in Biomedical science at the University of North Dakota
VO: asked for the first page of my DS-160 and said I will take your fingerprint.
Me: as I proceeded to do as I was asked, I called his attention to the fact that there no finger print scanning machine at the window
VO: Oh! he called the attention of the CGI official and told him to move me to window 6, that he would move there to move me there.
Me: OK ( I moved to window 6)
VO: so why are you going to the US
Me: I am going to the US for a doctorate degree in Biomedical science at the University of North Dakota
VO: what degree do you currently have?
Me: I hold a bachelor of science in Pharmacology degree from the University of Lagos
VO: so why Biomedical sciences
Me: Biomedical sciences is underpinned by basic science including pharmacology and as such as wider academic and research activities compared to other basic sciences and it is (VO cuts in)
VO: I know all of this, what will the course do for you
Me: The course will enable me to gather practical , theoretical and analytical techniques that is required for me to be an innovative Biomedical researcher
VO: Why UND
Me: I chose UND for a number of reasons. On the basis of my career interests UND offers focused training inflammation and infectious disease. I also used the carnegie classication in my search and UND turned out to be a high research activity University. I was also offered a graduate research assistantship that qualifies me for a full tuition waiver and a monthly stipend
VO: What area of Biomedical science
Me: Immunology
VO: Immunology is broad topic?
Me: I will be working specifically on respiratory syncytial virus the leading cause of pneumonia and bronchiolitis.
VO: What will you be doing as a graduate assistant
Me : I will mark and grade assignments and tests. I will also teach some undergraduate courses
VO : Have you ever travelled outside Nigeria before
Me: Yes, on two occasions.
VO: where and why
Me : I travelled to UAE for a training when I was working with a multinational pharmaceutical company and in October of the same year the company took us to Kenya for a sales meeting
VO : that was 2 years ago
Me : yes
VO : Are you married
Me : No
VO : Do you have kids
Me : No
VO : Perfect
Me: speechless and looking blank
VO : your visa will be approved.
Take your passport and the yellow to the window and pay your reciprocity fee. At the payment point I noticed people with the white collection slip which he forgot to give me. I went back and called his attention to it, he said I apologize for that and gave me my white paper.

27 Likes 4 Shares

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Hollyholy: 10:02am On Nov 18, 2020
omomayelakesi:
Visa Approved
Transcript
Course: PhD in Biomedical Sciences
School: University of North Dakota
Funding: full ride

Take your passport and the yellow to the window and pay your reciprocity fee. At the payment point I noticed people with the white collection slip which he forgot to give me. I went back and called his attention to it, he said I apologize for that and gave me my white paper.

This is serious grilling o...
Thank God it ended in praise...
You did well with your responses

5 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Lifeisforliving: 10:17am On Nov 18, 2020
[quote author=NigPatriot post=96165007]So my friend just sent me her transcript via WhatsApp. She's not on this platform. But since I knew when she began this journey, I feel I should post this here.

Embassy Location: Lagos
VISA APPROVED 13/11/2020

GRE: 294
TOEFL: 89

V.O: Good morning

Me: Good morning Sir

V.O: Pass me your documents

Me: I did ( The man was just typing all through)

V.O: Where are you going to?

Me: I'm going to University of Texas to pursue my Masters degree in AESS

V.O: What’s PGRA? (Still typing and not even looking at me)

Me: Presidential Graduate Research Assistantship Award (Omo guys, I was so nervous that I didn’t even bother explaining the award in depth, I just told him the full meaning)

V.O: (Looks at my I-20) Why Sustainability Studies?

Me: Upon Graduation, I worked as a graduate intern in a Gold mine where I observed the ‘bad’ (I was supposed to say negative) impact of mining activities in the environment. That was what spurred my interest in this field. (Guys for real, I didn’t just say all these things at once o, I stammered o all through. Out of fear�) ( The VO was just typing, then he gave me this look like ‘it’s not that serious, calm down �’)

V.O: Have you ever travelled out of Nigeria?

Me: No ( I said No out of fear o, like a reflex) ( Then I quickly said sorry Sir, I have been out of Nigeria for my undergraduate studies) ( Then the VO nodded and gave me this look again like; Oh! so you just woke up from your sleep abi�) ( I really don’t know why I was so nervous o��)

V.O: I will be approving your visa. (Gave me the yellow slip where he circled the F1 visa and another form for the DHL stuff) and directed me to pay the reciprocity fee.

Me: Thank you, sir.

GUYS, it was just God ooo, because personally I know that I messed up a lot hmmm but God showed me mercy and His favor took over����

Please be calm when answering the questions.

What I observed in most of the rejection cases was that the “Who will be funding you part was not answered well”

Big thank you to everyone who contributed to this victory , all the previous success stories that encouraged me��

I wish all the applicants yet to be interviewed God’s speed and unmerited favor (because that’s all we need to be honest, no amount of preparation is sufficient, during all my mocks ehn, you should have seen me running my mouth, but when I got there I was stammering �but Jesus took the wheel��

P.s: The preparations should not be underestimated also, because it gives you some level of confidence.

Sorry for my long story �

Thank you once again.t

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Avangard(m): 10:18am On Nov 18, 2020
How do I change my appointment location from Lagos to Abuja? The date I was given is April 8, 2021 and my resumption date is January 19, 2021. My emergency appointment option had been rejected.

Please help!
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by babes123: 10:22am On Nov 18, 2020
Pls, i need help!

Good day dear nairalanders. I'm completely new and would need your counsel my elders.
I just got admission with Wright State University for MSc in biomed enginering, To start Jan 11th. Its so short a notice for me to wrap up work issues and apply and get a visa. My plans were that the Spring admission would be in March or so.
However, if I can tidy up work and other domestic issues, my questions:

1) How possible is it for me to obtain a visa before my orientation start date of 5th Jan
2) How can iI be better prepared for a successful interview.
3) If i choose to defer, what are the implications especially with scholaarship obtained?

Note, I was given about 1/3rd tuition scholarship and I have only my 1year total fee( balance of tuition + living expenses) in my account as I am self sponored.
Thanks and awaiting your propmt response[/quote]
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Molly90(f): 10:30am On Nov 18, 2020
Check Michigan Tech Chemical engineering, Georgia tech, University of Arkansas. You necessarily don't need to have a background in engineering, your academic credentials and GRE score is impressive. There are quite a number of schools you can apply to for direct PhD in chemical engineering with your background. This is application season, best you apply now against fall 2021 so that by the time you're wrapping up your service, you will be starting school immediately. Then you also have opportunity of being considered for funding. All the best.

Fabuloski:
Good day bosses,
I know the discussion going on now is about interview. I hope I get a response for this though.

So little story, I am a graduate of Industrial Chemistry (B.Tech 4.05, GRE: 324;3.5), currently serving, I am looking to apply to 2 or 3 Chemical Engineering program and I am having difficulty finding a safe school to pitch my application since I don't have an Engineering background. Please can the experts in the house help out with a suggestion?

By the way, all the program I am gunning for is a Ph.D. plus for my GRE, my Quant is 166 and during my undergraduate, I did 5 mathematics courses and I had distinction in all.

2 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Molly90(f): 10:44am On Nov 18, 2020
The person can go to a Walmart store to make the payment.

EmeritusR:
please if I have someone in the US that can pay my sevis fee for me how will I do it, do the person still have to pass through western Union payment or the person can pay directly since he is in the US. which is preferable?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by SeunTol: 10:48am On Nov 18, 2020
Hello Everyone,

Please go and check for interview dates in Abuja, December dates are available. All the best.

7 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by EncephalonPikin(m): 10:54am On Nov 18, 2020
Dates just opened up in Abuja.

Earliest is December 14, hurry up folks!!!

4 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Deltayankeeboi: 11:00am On Nov 18, 2020
greenskittles:

Thanks for checking, I just don't come here anymore for some reasons.

I'm finishing up my first quarter at Stanford this week. It's been incredible. The school is insanely tough and really lives up to its reputation. Feels like I've learned what I would learn in a session in Nigeria in one quarter.

Hope you're doing great too.
Wow you have landed in the US already!? Congrats bro.
Being in one of the best schools out there comes with a price and lots of sacrifice i guess. Please come back to the thread and be dropping updates for future migrants biko

I need that kind of "stress" in my life o @bolded. grin Nothing compared to living or schooling in Nigeria.

I'm doing great.

Wish you goodluck and success in your endeavours.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Avangard(m): 11:04am On Nov 18, 2020
Hello , Pls help a brother. How do I change to Abuja from Lagos. This is the status of my page.

Im also having below message on my page.

If you cancel this appointment, then you will have exceeded the limit of appointments canceled, and will not be able to schedule another appointment until another MRV fee has been paid.

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by SeunTol: 11:07am On Nov 18, 2020
Avangard:
Hello , Pls help a brother. How do I change to Abuja from Lagos. This is the status of my page.

If you cancel this appointment, then you will have exceeded the limit of appointments canceled, and will not be able to schedule another appointment until another MRV fee has been paid.

If you already booked an appointment in Lagos and you want to change to Abuja, you will need to pay another MRV fee.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by psychologyshuby: 11:10am On Nov 18, 2020
Hello please check your mail. Thank you.
babes123:
Good day dear nairalanders. I'm completely new and would need your counsel my elders.
I just got admission with Wright State University for MSc in biomed enginering, To start Jan 11th. Its so short a notice for me to wrap up work issues and apply and get a visa. My plans were that the Spring admission would be in March or so.
However, if I can tidy up work and other domestic issues, my questions:

1) How possible is it for me to obtain a visa before my orientation start date of 5th Jan
2) How can iI be better prepared for a successful interview.
3) If i choose to defer, what are the implications especially with scholaarship obtained?

Note, I was given about 1/3rd tuition scholarship and I have only my 1year total fee( balance of tuition + living expenses) in my account as I am self sponored.
Thanks and awaiting your propmt response

1 Like 1 Share

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by ibradeen: 11:17am On Nov 18, 2020
SeunTol:
Hello Everyone,

Please go and check for interview dates in Abuja, December dates are available. All the best.

December 4th now
Abuja
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by HisEminence(m): 11:19am On Nov 18, 2020
solastar2:

Check on https://ceac.state.gov/CEACStatTracker/Status.aspx

On administration processing. What does that mean? And how long does it last?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Rabato: 11:22am On Nov 18, 2020
Avangard:

Please does that mean that I can cancel my appointment and reschedule again without paying and MRV fee I haven't canceled before. I requested an emergency interview but it wasn't granted. What do I do please the date given to me was April 9th and my resumption date is January 15th

(1) (2) (3) ... (685) (686) (687) (688) (689) (690) (691) ... (779)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? / Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.