Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,572 members, 7,809,084 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 10:40 PM

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 - Travel (703) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (1355809 Views)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (700) (701) (702) (703) (704) (705) (706) ... (779) (Go Down)

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Lex04(m): 7:54am On Nov 23, 2020
VISA DENIED

Nov.20th, 7am
M.Eng Civil Engineering
No funding
Total COA: #39,705
GRE: 304
TOEFL: 97
Window 9

Me & VO together: Good morning
VO: Pass me your documents.
Me: I did as asked
VO: Where are you going?
Me: I'm going to The University of Texas at Arlington for a Master's degree in Civil Engineering
VO: Why did you choose the school?
Me: Because I have an interest in an ongoing research by Dr. Warda Ashraf which evaluates old buildings and structures to determine why they lasted so long and to see if the materials used in constructing them can be recreated synthetically in a laboratory.
VO: Stopped typing and focused on me like he was understanding me
Me: (I continued) I'm very interested in this research, not just because it aligns with my area of interest but also because I believe that if successful...(Cuts in)
VO: What have you been doing since your undergraduate?
Me: After my undergraduate in 2015, I had my National youth service between 2016 and 17, and then I worked as a school teacher for a few months until December 2017 when I took some time of to write some standardised tests, then in 2019 I got a job as a procurement officer and a site supervisor which I currently do.
VO: Who's sponsoring you?
Me: My sister will be sponsoring me
VO: What does she do?
Me: She works with the US Army and she's a petroleum engineer.
VO: Can you repeat that for me?
Me: I said she works with the US army....
VO: Have you travelled out of Nigeria before?
Me: No, I've had no reason to
VO: Are you married?
Me: No
VO: Do you have any kidds?
Me: No, I don't have any kids
VO: Sorry you're not qualified for this VISA. You have been denied under section blah blah blah

I haven't decided on what next to do but I'll appreciate your opinions.

Even though I didn't get a VISA, I would like to appreciate everyone on this platform who contributes and assist others to succeed.
Special mention to Neeta02 and Walesherbey. They really assisted with my prep especially Neeta02! God bless you both and I wish you all the best in your endeavours.

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Legit215(m): 8:21am On Nov 23, 2020
The vo was trying to find a home tie, when she heard your sister is in the USA, that's why she asked if you are married, or have children. Your COA as well is on a high side without funding.
Lex04:
VISA DENIED

Nov.20th, 7am
M.Eng Civil Engineering
No funding
Window 9

Me: I'm going to The University of Texas at Arlington for a Master's degree in Civil Engineering
Me: Because I have an interest in an ongoing research by Dr. Warda Ashraf which evaluates old buildings and structures to determine why they lasted so long and to see if the materials used in constructing them can be recreated synthetically in a laboratory.
Me: (I continued) I'm very interested in this research, not just because it aligns with my area of interest but also because I believe that if successful...(Cuts in)
Me: After my undergraduate in 2015, I had my National youth service between 2016 and 17, and then I worked as a school teacher for a few months until December 2017 when I took some time of to write some standardised tests, then in 2019 I got a job as a procurement officer and a site supervisor which I currently do.
VO: Sorry you're not qualified for this VISA. You have been denied under section blah blah blah

Even though I didn't get a VISA, I would like to appreciate everyone on this platform who contributes and assist others to succeed.
Special mention to Neeta02 and Walesherbey. They really assisted with my prep especially Neeta02! God bless you both and I wish you all the best in your endeavours.

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Legit215(m): 8:24am On Nov 23, 2020
I booked a flight to jfk via Turkish airlines last week with a student discount, if you don't like Turkish airlines you can book emirates they also have 30% of for student expiring ending of November
missuzoma:

Last time I checked about a week a go, Royal Air Maroc had not been fully cleared to fly here post-covid. Their site is up and you can book but ensure they have been cleared.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Lex04(m): 8:32am On Nov 23, 2020
Anyways mine was like:

Legit215:
The vo was trying to find a home tie, when she heard your sister is in the USA, that's why she asked if you are married, or have children. Your COA as well is on a high side without funding.

Thank you for your input. Do you suggest I use my parent as my sponsor next time? Will that improve my chances since they work here in Nigeria?
Also, what if I mention that I'm not married but I have a fiancee (lol). Can that fly next time?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by dkizzy01: 8:38am On Nov 23, 2020
Kanyinsola03:
To God be the glory!... All honour and adoration belong to God Almighty.

I've been following this thread for months now although, I've been a silent reader and observer but i made a pact with myself that i would post my transcript of approval . I'm so sorry I'm posting this now because my interview was on 16th of November, 2020 and here i am fulfilling my promise.

Interview Time:- 6:30am
Arrival Time:- 5:18am
Course :- Chemistry (M.sc)
GRE:- Nill
Tofel:- Nill
Funding/ Scholarship :- Nill
Name of School:- University of Arkansas at Little Rock.
Window Number:- 4

TRANSCRIPTS
Me:- Good morning Sir
Vo:- Good morning, can i have your passport and I-20.
Me:-Yes Sir
Vo:- Please give me some few minutes (he stood up and went to do something which i don't know, took him about 5mins before he came back and was like so sorry)
Me:- it's fine Sir
Vo:- can you remove your nose mask so i can see your face
Me:- i removed it immediately
Vo:- Where are you going to?
Me:- University of Arkansas at Little Rock.
Vo:- Why University of Arkansas at Little Rock.?
Me:- i chose university of Arkansas at Little Rock because of it's well known quality research program with quality and well renowned professors of which i will be privilege to meet. Also, going through the faculty webpage i found out a research opportunity in Prof. Wei Zhao research lab where volunteers were needed for modeling of single molecules spectroscopy of nanomaterials and biomolecules. Have being in contact with him already so as to volunteer and he assured me of a research assistant as he is expecting a grand from university of Arkansas medical school for fall semester 2021.
Vo:- What's the research again?
Me:- Single molecules spectroscopy of nanomaterials and biomolecules.
Vo:- ohhh... What is it about?
Me:- it is about the use of flouresence of nanomaterials and biomolecules which will give information about the structure, position and environment of compounds ( wasn't expecting it although i learnt it reluctantly a night before, immediately he asked i was like wooooow)
Vo:- Where does this apply?
Me:- (i don't know the answer oo, just said the first thing that came to my mind immediately, didn't even know if I'm correct) ...Medicinal drugs
Vo:- ohhh
Me:- Yes Sir
Vo:- What course do you study during your undergraduate?
Me:- Chemistry
Vo:- What year?
Me:- 2019
Vo:- What have you been doing since then?
Me:- i just completed my national youth service corps (nysc) which is compulsory for all university graduate.
Vo:- Who is your sponsor? ( was typing at this point)
Me:- My Father
Vo:- Your Father?
Vo:- What does he do?
Me:- He's a Prof. of international relations at Adekunle Ajasin university and also a member of House of Rep. In Ondo State. ( He asked again and i repeated myself)
Vo:- Do you have his statement of account, so i can verify?
Me:- Yes Sir(At this point i will be the first person he asked for the sponsor SOA, every other person before me he never ask from them. i passed it to him and looked at it and pass it back)
Vo:- Right now, i will be approving your visa, you will need your I-20 at the POE go to window 5 and pay for your reciprocity fee
Me:- Thank you Sir
Vo:- Yes, Thank you.

It was really God, His mercy spoke for me. Remember Heaven help those who help themselves
- Be well prepared ( know your transcripts very well)
- Be confident (even if it's nonsense you're saying, still be confident. I'm not saying you should now be saying nonsense ooo, just in case a question is asked n you didn't prepare for it, just say it with boldness.)
- The most important part "PRAYER", be prayerful, ( Pray and Fast) with God all things are possible. I believe we know there's power in our tongues be careful of what so ever you say with your mouth. Say positive things, before the interview i always say to myself that I've gotten the visa which i got, stay positive!.

Pls share me your number Kanishola I want to find out something from u . taskcompleteng@gmail.com

God bless
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Legit215(m): 8:57am On Nov 23, 2020
Do not make much changes in your answers next time it generates red flag leave the fiance part, you can go ahead with saying your parents and your sis, but if you have an admit to any other school with lesser COA the better, hope the school you are attending isn't in the same state as your sister?
Lex04:

Anyways mine was like:

Thank you for your input. Do you suggest I use my parent as my sponsor next time? Will that improve my chances since they work here in Nigeria?
Also, what if I mention that I'm not married but I have a fiancee (lol). Can that fly next time?

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by dkizzy01: 9:05am On Nov 23, 2020
Please share me your contact via my mail, I need your assistant on something please .

taskcompleteng@gmail.com

Marchenry:
APPROVED ✅

School: BALL STATE UNIVERSITY
Program: EMDD
Scholarship: GAShip worth $32,000
Deficit: $5047
GRE: Nil
TOEFL: Nil
Bsc: International relations
Undergraduate Gpa: 3.70/4.0
Lagos consulate, Nov 6th 2020

Where do I even start?

So a friend of mine introduced me to this thread last year Nov, and since then I have been a silent reader, started reading from scratch to date.

One thing it did for me was I knew what to do next and how to go about my admission process, Was mind blowing for me, sometimes I just wish I knew about this thread back in 2015, I for don be citizen by now �

Was admitted for Fall 2020 with the same offer then corona happened, almost moved the admission to Fall 2021 cause the funding will not hold with my department for Spring 2021 but after series of emails with my CA, she advised to move it to Spring 2021 and offered to help me get another GAship.

A few weeks later Boom � she secured another position for me, she was particular about working with me (GRACE)

Then I knew it was up to me now to get my VISA and JAPA �

Next phase was to contact Fairheart, helped me cross-check everything to make sure there were no mistakes. made all the necessary payments, secured an emergency appointment, but it was canceled due to the unrest during the Endsars protest. So they reschedule me for Nov 6th.

My final mock with Fairheart the best, I remember screaming to the top my voice after the mock � only thing I had at the back of my mind was to go and get my visa, I forgot the call was still on, dude heard me screaming like a mad man �

That night was slow as f<ck, sleep no gree come, I just lay down dey think, to get an hour sleep was a struggle tbvh.

Woke up around 4:50, my alarm was for 5:00, the interview was for 7:00

After getting ready, my mum first showered some anointing on me and told me to go get my visa.

Got to the embassy at 6:50, they were still attending to those for 6:00 so I joined the line for those for 7:00, fast forward to my interview. They were 3 VO present that morning, one was very friendly and doesn't waste time with people and have been dishing approvals ear and there �
In my mind, I was praying to be interviewed by him. lucky for me, I got him.

ME: Good morning
VO: Morning

VO: What a long morning it has been.
ME: Yes it has been (smiles)

ME: there you go.

VO: Place your 4 left fingers on the scanner.
ME: I obliged

ME: I didn't want to sound like a robot cause I saw this guy was an easy-going person, I told him the state (Indiana)

VO: Louisiana
ME: No, Indiana

VO: Different! with a smile
ME: I know right �

VO: What Course
ME: EMDD

VO: Why this course
ME: I work with xyz and this degree will give me immense knowledge. He cuts me

VO: Where do you work again
ME: I repeated

VO: who is paying for this? Looking at my i20
ME: I have a GAShip that covers my entire tuition fee and a monthly stipend to offset my student fees and the deficit will be paid by my uncle.

VO: I will be issuing your VISA
ME: Omo I off, I couldn't hear anything again.

VO: Are you married
ME: My head was just moving left-right-left-right.

VO: Any kids
ME: head was still moving left-right-left-right.

VO: Take your passport and proceed to windows -- to make your reciprocity payment.
ME: Thank you so much.

VO: You're welcome and Good luck

PS: No travel history, No exams just GRACE.

little advice:

Dress smart, these guys are looking for people that will travel and do well for themselves academically, dress like a student. I noticed a guy wearing a native and leather slips was denied even with his travel history.

Dress how you want to be addressed!

Above all, it can only be GOD!

Go with grace!

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Muleriders: 9:15am On Nov 23, 2020
Kanyinsola03:
To God be the glory!... All honour and adoration belong to God Almighty.

I've been following this thread for months now although, I've been a silent reader and observer but i made a pact with myself that i would post my transcript of approval . I'm so sorry I'm posting this now because my interview was on 16th of November, 2020 and here i am fulfilling my promise.

Interview Time:- 6:30am
Arrival Time:- 5:18am
Course :- Chemistry (M.sc)
GRE:- Nill
Tofel:- Nill
Funding/ Scholarship :- Nill
Name of School:- University of Arkansas at Little Rock.
Window Number:- 4

TRANSCRIPTS
Me:- Good morning Sir
Vo:- Good morning, can i have your passport and I-20.
Me:-Yes Sir
Vo:- Please give me some few minutes (he stood up and went to do something which i don't know, took him about 5mins before he came back and was like so sorry)
Me:- it's fine Sir
Vo:- can you remove your nose mask so i can see your face
Me:- i removed it immediately
Vo:- Where are you going to?
Me:- University of Arkansas at Little Rock.
Vo:- Why University of Arkansas at Little Rock.?
Me:- i chose university of Arkansas at Little Rock because of it's well known quality research program with quality and well renowned professors of which i will be privilege to meet. Also, going through the faculty webpage i found out a research opportunity in Prof. Wei Zhao research lab where volunteers were needed for modeling of single molecules spectroscopy of nanomaterials and biomolecules. Have being in contact with him already so as to volunteer and he assured me of a research assistant as he is expecting a grand from university of Arkansas medical school for fall semester 2021.
Vo:- What's the research again?
Me:- Single molecules spectroscopy of nanomaterials and biomolecules.
Vo:- ohhh... What is it about?
Me:- it is about the use of flouresence of nanomaterials and biomolecules which will give information about the structure, position and environment of compounds ( wasn't expecting it although i learnt it reluctantly a night before, immediately he asked i was like wooooow)
Vo:- Where does this apply?
Me:- (i don't know the answer oo, just said the first thing that came to my mind immediately, didn't even know if I'm correct) ...Medicinal drugs
Vo:- ohhh
Vo:- What course do you study during your undergraduate?
Me:- Chemistry
Vo:- What year?
Me:- 2019
Vo:- What have you been doing since then?
Me:- i just completed my national youth service corps (nysc) which is compulsory for all university graduate.
Vo:- Who is your sponsor? ( was typing at this point)
Me:- My Father
Vo:- Your Father?
Vo:- What does he do?
Me:- He's a Prof. of international relations at Adekunle Ajasin university and also a member of House of Rep. In Ondo State. ( He asked again and i repeated myself)
Vo:- Do you have his statement of account, so i can verify?
Me:- Yes Sir(At this point i will be the first person he asked for the sponsor SOA, every other person before me he never ask from them. i passed it to him and looked at it and pass it back)
Vo:- Right now, i will be approving your visa, you will need your I-20 at the POE go to window 5 and pay for your reciprocity fee
Me:- Thank you Sir
Vo:- Yes, Thank you.

It was really God, His mercy spoke for me. Remember Heaven help those who help themselves
- Be well prepared ( know your transcripts very well)
- Be confident (even if it's nonsense you're saying, still be confident. I'm not saying you should now be saying nonsense ooo, just in case a question is asked n you didn't prepare for it, just say it with boldness.)
- The most important part "PRAYER", be prayerful, ( Pray and Fast) with God all things are possible. I believe we know there's power in our tongues be careful of what so ever you say with your mouth. Say positive things, before the interview i always say to myself that I've gotten the visa which i got, stay positive!.

Welcome to Arkansas kayinsola.
Enjoy your study and stay in Little Rock.

4 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Muleriders: 9:21am On Nov 23, 2020
Lex04:
VISA DENIED

Nov.20th, 7am
M.Eng Civil Engineering
No funding
Window 9

1. No funding and high cost of attendance (lesser factor)
2. No home ties, "no wife, no kids, and your major sponsor is in the USA ( main factor)

Recommendation. You can retry with a home based sponsor, or shoot at other schools with funding if your profile is in the high side.

All the best

10 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Etherealbeing: 9:22am On Nov 23, 2020
Legit215:
I booked a flight to jfk via Turkish airlines last week with a student discount, if you don't like Turkish airlines you can book emirates they also have 30% of for student expiring ending of November

Please how much did it cost?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Lex04(m): 9:27am On Nov 23, 2020
Okayy. Thank you very much. I'll work on my profile as you've advised.

Legit215:
Do not make much changes in your answers next time it generates red flag leave the fiance part, you can go ahead with saying your parents and your sis, but if you have an admit to any other school with lesser COA the better, hope the school you are attending isn't in the same state as your sister?

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Lex04(m): 9:28am On Nov 23, 2020
Alright. Thank you very much.

Muleriders:

1. No funding and high cost of attendance (lesser factor)
2. No home ties, "no wife, no kids, and your major sponsor is in the USA ( main factor)

Recommendation. You can retry with a home based sponsor, or shoot at other schools with funding if your profile is in the high side.

All the best

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by fairheart(m): 11:33am On Nov 23, 2020
eetzdave:
I’ve said this before and I’d say it again, i always look forward to fairheart messages..there’s something about him that uplifts the soul..i hope, i get to have a drink with him someday

grin Although I am not sure we have communicated outside the forum, I'd love to meet you too. You're able to see something that is good in me because there's something good in you. We see others as we are! As for the drink, I wish I drink o, I for let you get me drunk. But I don't. Nevertheless, thank you bro.

5 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by uche06: 11:53am On Nov 23, 2020
Any approvals today share ur transcript
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Walesherbey: 11:57am On Nov 23, 2020
Legit215:

Is covid 19 test necessary when flying Turkish airline?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by eetzdave(m): 11:57am On Nov 23, 2020
fairheart:

grin Although I am not sure we have communicated outside the forum, I'd love to meet you too. You're able to see something that is good in me because there's something good in you. We see others as we are! As for the drink, I wish I drink o, I for let you get me drunk. But I don't. Nevertheless, thank you bro.

We havent communicated outside this forum, but anytime yOu post something here, you pass a message to me and frankly everyone in general, i got my application rejected in january and you gave me the motivation to actually try again, which i am..thank you..
Ps..i dont drink also grin

7 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Phori: 12:06pm On Nov 23, 2020
Guys I’m yet to get a date in the year oo and I’m becoming apprehensive... I picked abj for my interview and the date I still have is March 2021..

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by psychologyshuby: 12:29pm On Nov 23, 2020
This week seems like it would be a good one. My frd got her visa approved just now in Abuja. MBA,MTSU Deficit of about $12k. Guys start all your process with God.i wish everyone of us the best �

14 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by tmphoto(m): 12:40pm On Nov 23, 2020
Hello, please who knows the current rate of dollar to Naira, someone wants to pay my SEVIS FEE for me so he is asking that I pay the equivalent to their which I’m not so sure of if it is
$1= N392, N400, N450
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Phori: 12:43pm On Nov 23, 2020
Waoo great.. also going to mtsu hopefully I get an interview date soon by Gods Grace.
psychologyshuby:
This week seems like it would be a good one. My frd got her visa approved just now in Abuja. MBA,MTSU Deficit of about $12k. Guys start all your process with God.i wish everyone of us the best �

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by thekingofafrica: 1:01pm On Nov 23, 2020
tmphoto:
Hello, please who knows the current rate of dollar to Naira, someone wants to pay my SEVIS FEE for me so he is asking that I pay the equivalent to their which I’m not so sure of if it is
$1= N392, N400, N450
create a PayPal account and send the person vi PayPal, you’d send the amount in usd and the equivalence will be deducted from you

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Anybodie: 1:04pm On Nov 23, 2020
kasmalicious:
F1 and F2 approved, 13th November.

I got to the embassy around past 7am, my interview is scheduled for 11am. I chilled till past 9am, then went towards the gate to join the queue but there was no queue. There were few people, so there was no waiting. Did the necessary biometrics around 9.30am.

VO: Good morning, pass me your passport

Me: Good morning , I passed our passports, he scanned the Ds 160 and asked us to remove mask to verify our faces.

Why are you going to US?
Me: I am a current PhD student of FSU, mathematics department, my area of concentration is Financial maths, VO cuts in

VO: what does your concentration mean, do you do some kind of research
Me: My PhD is mathematics and my research area is in financial maths, where I will work on predictive models for financial risks. I will take my coursework and at the end I will work on my research.

VO: does it use maths and stats
Me: Yes, it uses mathematical and statistical models to ...

VO: when did you start your program ? Tell me about it
Me: I started August 2020, I am registered for 9 credit units, 3 courses, I think I mentioned the course names.
VO: I see you have funding, is it a tuition waiver

Me: Yes I do, my funding covers both my tuition and living expenses.
VO: Asks my husband, what do you do?
Him: I am the CEO of my company. We run a distribution channel for a number of companies...(he continues explaining before the VO cuts in)

VO: What would you be doing in US?
Him: I want to follow them to ensure they settle in to school properly , in a few weeks, I will be back to my work. My business is automated, so I can monitor while in US.

VO: Asks Me? Have you travelled outside of Nigeria.

Me: Yes, I have. South Africa, went for my master's.

VO: Asks Husband? Ever been out of Nigeria before?
Him: No

VO: I am approving your visa, pay reciprocity fee. Congratulations and enjoy Florida

Me: thank you

@zeelady thank you for the encouragement

Wow!

4 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Janet200: 1:34pm On Nov 23, 2020
Lex04:
VISA DENIED

Nov.20th, 7am
M.Eng Civil Engineering
No funding
Window 9

I no know Wetin this VO them de look for, because people have used their relatives in the United State as sponsor and were issued visa.

4 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Hollyholy: 1:38pm On Nov 23, 2020
Seems no interview in Lagos today
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Chonco: 1:41pm On Nov 23, 2020
NoTimeZone:
Yes, Abuja.

Hannah4:
me too, same day. May the Grace if the lord be with us that day ����We would come out rejoicing in Jesus name.

Hello NoTimeZone and Hannah4, have you had your interviews already?
We're waiting for the good news.

Modified: I just noticed your date is 2nd Dec.

4 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Chonco: 1:44pm On Nov 23, 2020
psychologyshuby:
I am o please

Course pls. Psychology? wink
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Spring1000: 1:54pm On Nov 23, 2020
If your interview is in Abuja, this is my advice from my experience.

Get all your documents ready, don't forget your passport photographs with the correct dimensions (I did and had to take another at the embassy), dress nicely, be confident and wear a smile.

Contrary to what you might have heard, the V.Os are really nice people. There's no reason to be nervous but they don't dismiss you solely due to that. They will guide you through telling them what is required. If you don't have full funding, be sure to be able to explain how you'll fund your studies with your proof.

It's very important to stay original. Have a definite structure in mind for your responses but don't cram anyone's transcript. Also, it's not uncommon to see people before you being denied, don't let that affect your confidence. Give it your best. You'll be fine. Best wishes.

Out of the 6 people that were interviewed before me this morning, only one person was denied. Mine was also approved.

29 Likes 2 Shares

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by psychologyshuby: 2:03pm On Nov 23, 2020
No public administration
Chonco:

Course pls. Psychology? wink
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Anybodie: 2:06pm On Nov 23, 2020
Marchenry:
APPROVED ✅

School: BALL STATE UNIVERSITY
Program: EMDD
Scholarship: GAShip worth $32,000
Deficit: $5047
GRE: Nil
TOEFL: Nil
Bsc: International relations
Undergraduate Gpa: 3.70/4.0
Lagos consulate, Nov 6th 2020

little advice:

Dress smart, these guys are looking for people that will travel and do well for themselves academically, dress like a student. I noticed a guy wearing a native and leather slips was denied even with his travel history.

Dress how you want to be addressed!

Above all, it can only be GOD!

Go with grace!

Congratulations on your visa approval.
To prevent misinformation, what do you mean by "Dress like a student"?

I went for my interview in a native attire, had a nice time with the VO and got my visa approved. You also made reference to leather slips ...LOL cheesy , you've forgotten you stood in front of the VO and the barricade between the two of you will make it highly unlikely for him to even see whatever footwear you have on.

I'm not advocating shabby dressing, just dress comfortably.... not an outfit that will make you uneasy because you want to please one VO.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Chonco: 2:09pm On Nov 23, 2020
psychologyshuby:
No public administration

PhD?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by psychologyshuby: 2:21pm On Nov 23, 2020
No MPA. Please help
Chonco:

PhD?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Upton: 2:29pm On Nov 23, 2020
Good day folks.

Congrats to those who got their visa approved. I was active on this thread two years ago but gave up after I got denied a visa. I want to try again in fall 2021 and hopefully I get approved this time around. I'm looking at going for a masters in public health or health informatics (as those are my two areas of interest), please can anyone recommend some schools that provide funding or with a low cost of attendance for any of the two programs so I look them up? I will be grateful. I'm still doing my research and I'll appreciate your inputs.

(1) (2) (3) ... (700) (701) (702) (703) (704) (705) (706) ... (779)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? / Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 126
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.