Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,403 members, 7,808,439 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:59 AM

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 - Travel (73) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (1355615 Views)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (70) (71) (72) (73) (74) (75) (76) ... (779) (Go Down)

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Kendrick99(m): 7:38pm On Jun 20, 2019
Davidkking:

Bro congratulations and please did you stay at a hotel close to the embassy??.......mine is at Abuja too and I need a place to stay close to the embassy
Nope! I stayed with a friend in Asokoro.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by segunbolawole: 7:39pm On Jun 20, 2019
You answered 3 questions in one

Why the school
Why the course
What it will do to you

Congratulations......

Kendrick99:
Date: 11/06/2019

Vo; Why Do you choose Texas State University as your first trip abroad?

Me; Apart from the fact that the curriculum at Texas State University match directly with my career goal, which I will be taking core course like. Lean manufacturing, Supply Chain Management, Project Management. And also Prof Ameri as agreed I join his research team upon my arrival on campus which we will be working on "How Ergonomics affect productivity in Manufacturing Industry", which would be very useful and more practical once I return to Nigeria.

What was ur deficit please?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by LagosismyHome(f): 7:43pm On Jun 20, 2019
SuperDuper12:
Is there any need for all sorts of immunisations for anyone going to US on F1 Visa. Just as some countries require Yellow Card

Immunisation is different from yellow card ... two separate things so don't mix it up

A lot of schools require immunisation so check with your parents regarding what u have done and you will have to do what hasnt been done

Yellow card is not needed for F1 visa

2 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Americanpizza(f): 7:52pm On Jun 20, 2019
Hi guys, please I interview is 3rd of july Lagos consulate but right now I have an emergency thats holding me back in abuja, please how can I change my appointment location to abuja. Thank u
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Time2win(m): 7:54pm On Jun 20, 2019
Americanpizza:
Hi guys, please I interview is 3rd of july Lagos consulate but right now I have an emergency thats holding me back in abuja, please how can I change my appointment location to abuja. Thank u

If you change, you can't get same 3rd July. If you want to change, you have to cancel the Lagos own and book another in abuja
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Americanpizza(f): 7:57pm On Jun 20, 2019
Thank you but how can I check the available dates in abuja before I cancel my present appointment.

Time2win:

If you change, you can't get same 3rd July. If you want to change, you have to cancel the Lagos own and book another in abuja
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by BamiOrims: 7:57pm On Jun 20, 2019
Wretch32:
Has anyone used UPS to receive I-20 lately?
How far? How many weeks did it take?

UPS is the worst. Delivery of my I-20 took almost a month! If you have another option, I'll advise you use that.

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Brown2Green(m): 7:59pm On Jun 20, 2019
Americanpizza:
Thank you but how can I check the available dates in abuja before I cancel my present appointment.

No you cannot.

Except you cancel or have someone that booked Abuja
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Americanpizza(f): 8:01pm On Jun 20, 2019
My fear is I might cancel now and get a later date for abuja.

Brown2Green:

No you cannot.

Except you cancel or have someone that booked Abuja
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Kendrick99(m): 8:04pm On Jun 20, 2019
segunbolawole:
You answered 3 questions in one

Why the school
Why the course
What it will do to you

Congratulations......

What was ur deficit please?

$34,710

3 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Brown2Green(m): 8:07pm On Jun 20, 2019
Americanpizza:
My fear is I might cancel now and get a later date for abuja.

Which kyn appointment you get wey dey more important than Visa interview?

Is it engagement?
Or a meeting with the President?

Puliz reschedule that appointed and focus on your interview.

I care about you.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Olumuyiwalasode(m): 8:07pm On Jun 20, 2019
Kendrick99:

Embassy Location; Abuja

School Name: Texas State University San Marcos

Program: Industrial Management

Vo; Good morning

Me; Good morning How are you?

Vo; pass me your documents.

Me; Ok!

Vo; Have you travelled out of the country before?

Me; Nope! I have never had a reason to.

Me; Apart from the fact that the curriculum at Texas State University match directly with my career goal, which I will be taking core course like. Lean manufacturing, Supply Chain Management, Project Management. And also Prof Ameri as agreed I join his research team upon my arrival on campus which we will be working on "How Ergonomics affect productivity in Manufacturing Industry", which would be very useful and more practical once I return to Nigeria.

Vo; Ok, did you apply to other schools?

Me; Yes, Texas A&M University Kingsville, University of Central Missouri and Texas State University which is also my first choice.

Vo; Who is paying for your studies?

Me; My Uncle, he is in charge of the Family Business.

Vo; What business?

Me; My Grandfather is a major distributor of Coca-Cola product across Lagos, Ogun and Oyo States, Also we own Two Petrol and Diesel stations in Lagos.

Vo; Can I see a documents to prove that?

Me; Sure! hand over SOA,

Vo; I will be Approving your visa! And placing you on Administrative Processing to verify this account and remember if we find anything fraudulent here, you will be banned for Life, Do you still wish to proceed?

Me; Yes sure!.

Gave me a yellow paper and small white paper telling me about i-20 and all.

Present Status *issued* today.

Nuggets! Always put God first in everything you do. My case is what you call Grace. *No Funding* previously refused Twice Dec 12 2018 & Jan 16 2019 with same school and program. Never give up!

Special thanks to my nairalamd family, Sharwama, Time2win, Leone26(Bobcats), Fairheart, Lagosismyhome, Brown2Green. And to my blaad, Jubril, Pizzle, Simple, Ice, Rayblack, 3310. To everyone yet to be interviewed Prepare hard, Pray, fast if you can! Put God first.

congratulations to you, i am excited about this, because it gives me hope and strength for the task ahead, and for others too, shows that we shouldn't lose hope or give up....

3 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by DBELLEs(f): 8:21pm On Jun 20, 2019
Received my mail in 2 working days. Left Miami on the 14th of June and got to my office on the 18th of June.

Wretch32:
Has anyone used UPS to receive I-20 lately?
How far? How many weeks did it take?

2 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Brown2Green(m): 8:25pm On Jun 20, 2019
Kendrick99:

Embassy Location; Abuja

Vo; Good morning

Me; Ok!

Me; Yes, Texas A&M University Kingsville, University of Central Missouri and Texas State University which is also my first choice.

Vo; What business?

Me; My Grandfather is a major distributor of Coca-Cola product across Lagos, Ogun and Oyo States, Also we own Two Petrol and Diesel stations in Lagos.

Me; Sure! hand over SOA,

Vo; I will be Approving your visa! And placing you on Administrative Processing to verify this account and remember if we find anything fraudulent here, you will be banned for Life, Do you still wish to proceed?

Me; Yes sure!.

Nuggets! Always put God first in everything you do. My case is what you call Grace. *No Funding* previously refused Twice Dec 12 2018 & Jan 16 2019 with same school and program. Never give up!

Special thanks to my nairalamd family, Sharwama, Time2win, Leone26(Bobcats), Fairheart, Lagosismyhome, Brown2Green. And to my blaad, Jubril, Pizzle, Simple, Ice, Rayblack, 3310. To everyone yet to be interviewed Prepare hard, Pray, fast if you can! Put God first.

Kennnnndrikkkkk
You made today glo

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by TheZed(m): 8:58pm On Jun 20, 2019
Kendrick99:

Embassy Location; Abuja

Vo; Good morning

Me; Ok!

Vo; What business?

Me; Sure! hand over SOA,

Me; Yes sure!.

Nuggets! Always put God first in everything you do. My case is what you call Grace. *No Funding* previously refused Twice Dec 12 2018 & Jan 16 2019 with same school and program. Never give up
Big Congratulations to you Bro!!

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by dumbiri99(f): 9:01pm On Jun 20, 2019
BIMestBabe:

Well, they just put all that's in my uncle's account as the deficit on my i-20. Deficit should be 24k dols. But they put 70k dols
So how did they know you had some assistantship. According to your transcript, that's the first thing they asked you?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by dumbiri99(f): 9:03pm On Jun 20, 2019
BIMestBabe:

1. Funds I have on my i-20 was a total of 70k dols. What I needed was 46k dols.

2. I'm going for a PhD not second masters.

3. Deficit is 24k dols. Although my assistantship is to be renewed every semester
Forget it bro, they won't approve. PhD should be fully funded.

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by dumbiri99(f): 9:10pm On Jun 20, 2019
Kendrick99:

Embassy Location; Abuja

Vo; Good morning

Me; Ok!

Vo; What business?

Me; Sure! hand over SOA,

Me; Yes sure!.

Wow these are the transcripts these people use to confuse us.
No funding, refused twice, coca cola distributor, no travel history

Are you well employed?
Where did you do your first two interviews?
Was your ds160 exactly the same for the 3 interviews?

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Delaztyx: 9:25pm On Jun 20, 2019
If you look carefully u will know this can only be God.Coz with it beats all the protocol we try so hard to observe here. Congrats man
Kendrick99:

Embassy Location; Abuja

Vo; Good morning

Me; Ok!

Vo; What business?

Me; Sure! hand over SOA,

Me; Yes sure!.

3 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Gloryemo(f): 9:36pm On Jun 20, 2019
dumbiri99:

Forget it bro, they won't approve. PhD should be fully funded.

Visa officer smiley

4 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by fairheart(m): 9:45pm On Jun 20, 2019
You still dey dance that zanku? Abeg, no bred your leg o. Congrats...
Kendrick99:

Embassy Location; Abuja

Vo; Good morning

Me; Ok!

Vo; What business?

Me; Sure! hand over SOA,

Me; Yes sure!.

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by fairheart(m): 9:48pm On Jun 20, 2019
You never see anything grin grin. Dream wey just start to dey unfold. Many glo-ing days are coming. Sit tight!
Brown2Green:

Kennnnndrikkkkk
You made today glo

2 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Tohajan: 9:49pm On Jun 20, 2019
Brown2Green:
These VOs can be very funny tho.

I see where people say the VO ' nodded in affirmation'
Or was 'looking impressed' or say 'okay'

From my deduction , that doesn't mean they are impressed.

But the number of denials within yesterday and today is not good.
@fairheart you need to go and dream a new dream.
Your previous dream has expired.
Dream Expiry! grin grin grin
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by KingsleyUmeh: 9:49pm On Jun 20, 2019
Please when the VO asks you to pass your i-20, does he look at only tuition fee or the Total cost of Attendance (which are room and Bord expenses, textbooks, etc) in comparison with the bank statements
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Brown2Green(m): 9:49pm On Jun 20, 2019
cheesy cheesy

grin grin grin grin

I never open teeth like this for his before o

fairheart:
You never see anything grin grin. Dream wey just start to dey unfold. Many glo-ing days are coming. Sit tight!

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by fairheart(m): 9:52pm On Jun 20, 2019
You are just starting...we go see! cheesy cheesy
Brown2Green:
cheesy cheesy

grin grin grin grin

I never open teeth like this for his before o

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Kendrick99(m): 9:54pm On Jun 20, 2019
dumbiri99:

Wow these are the transcripts these people use to confuse us.
No funding, refused twice, coca cola distributor, no travel history

Are you well employed?
Where did you do your first two interviews?
Was your ds160 exactly the same for the 3 interviews?

Yes I have well paying job!
My first two interviews was in Lagos
Nope! I was promoted at work. That's the only change I made on it.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Goodnessandmercy: 10:02pm On Jun 20, 2019
Waow i love this. We are patiently waiting for you to share the good news of your approved visa
Pepperoni001:
*this is my proposed Transcript*

Your feedback are highly appreciated.

VO: Good Morning, Pass me your I-20 and SEVIS receipt.
ME: Good Morning, handed over the requested docs.

VO: Why are you going to US?
ME: I am going to US for my Graduate Study in Sustainable Energy.

VO: How Many Universities did you apply to?
ME: 4 Universities: Eastern Illinois University, North Eastern Illinois University, Murray State University and Georgia Southern University.

VO: How many accepted you and how many rejected you.
ME: Eastern Illinois University and Murray State University accepted me, NEIU rejected me and I am awaiting decision from GSU.

VO: Why did you Choose EIU.
ME: I met with an Alumni who gave me firsthand information about the Sustainable energy program and the faculty at large. The Renewable Energy Center in EIU is the largest university biomass in the country. The center will afford me the firsthand opportunity to learn how renewable energy is utilized to support the need of a campus or community. I exchanged series of email with the Director of Studies; Dr. Peter Liu who advised me to apply after vetting my credentials and supporting documents.
The ratio of Lecturer to Students, and the state of Art facilities where also the convincing factors.

VO: Any standardized test?
ME: GRE: 280 and TOEFL: 80?

V.O: What will the degree do for you?
Me: The program is a science-based and technology management focused, it will equip me, put me on the edge to accept the challenging mission of achieving renewable energy utilization and its sustainability in the food industry, which will reduce our over dependence on crude based source of fuel which will lower the prices of and demand for natural gas by increasing competition and diversifying our energy supplies.

VO: Who is paying the school bills?
ME: My dad is footing the bills.

VO: What does he do? Pass me his SOA
ME: He’s a lecturer of Law at University of Ibadan, hands her SOA

VO: I can see you married with Kids, why are you not going with them.
ME: My wife just got started work with XYZ bank and there’s a bond she signed with them that won’t allow her leave her duty post for two years.

VO: You can pick your visa in 3 days.
ME: Alright, have a great day.

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by dreambound(m): 10:19pm On Jun 20, 2019
fairheart:
Yes o..we are BOUND to that DREAM grin grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by dreambound(m): 10:26pm On Jun 20, 2019
Pepperoni001:
*this is my proposed Transcript*

Your feedback are highly appreciated.

VO: Good Morning, Pass me your I-20 and SEVIS receipt.
ME: Good Morning, handed over the requested docs.

VO: Why are you going to US?
ME: I am going to US for my Graduate Study in Sustainable Energy.

VO: How Many Universities did you apply to?
ME: 4 Universities: Eastern Illinois University, North Eastern Illinois University, Murray State University and Georgia Southern University.

VO: How many accepted you and how many rejected you.
ME: Eastern Illinois University and Murray State University accepted me, NEIU rejected me and I am awaiting decision from GSU.

VO: Why did you Choose EIU.
ME: I met with an Alumni who gave me firsthand information about the Sustainable energy program and the faculty at large. The Renewable Energy Center in EIU is the largest university biomass in the country. The center will afford me the firsthand opportunity to learn how renewable energy is utilized to support the need of a campus or community. I exchanged series of email with the Director of Studies; Dr. Peter Liu who advised me to apply after vetting my credentials and supporting documents.
The ratio of Lecturer to Students, and the state of Art facilities where also the convincing factors.

VO: Any standardized test?
ME: GRE: 280 and TOEFL: 80?

V.O: What will the degree do for you?
Me: The program is a science-based and technology management focused, it will equip me, put me on the edge to accept the challenging mission of achieving renewable energy utilization and its sustainability in the food industry, which will reduce our over dependence on crude based source of fuel which will lower the prices of and demand for natural gas by increasing competition and diversifying our energy supplies.

VO: Who is paying the school bills?
ME: My dad is footing the bills.

VO: What does he do? Pass me his SOA
ME: He’s a lecturer of Law at University of Ibadan, hands her SOA

VO: I can see you married with Kids, why are you not going with them.
ME: My wife just got started work with XYZ bank and there’s a bond she signed with them that won’t allow her leave her duty post for two years.

VO: You can pick your visa in 3 days.
ME: Alright, have a great day.

Its just remaining for you to go for that interview and drop your approved transcript here!
Wait...what of your plans after graduation?

2 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Time2Smile(m): 10:46pm On Jun 20, 2019
Marjoribanks:

10 hours each!
I assume the one included in your I20 is not enough to cover the needed funds. You should go with a print out of the award letter for both positions and explain clearly that you have two different research assistantships of 10 hrs per week each.
Many applicants have gone for interviews with i20 that didn't include any funding for one reason or another, whereas they had funding and their visas were granted. You will be fine.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Abdulrahmon68(m): 10:47pm On Jun 20, 2019
Kendrick99:

Embassy Location; Abuja

CONGRATULATIONS Brotherly!

May Almighty God bless your new Journey.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (70) (71) (72) (73) (74) (75) (76) ... (779)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? / Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 85
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.