Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,370 members, 7,781,014 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 07:28 AM

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 - Travel (728) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (1343412 Views)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (725) (726) (727) (728) (729) (730) (731) ... (779) (Go Down)

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by FutureSenator: 1:32pm On Dec 08, 2020
Hello guys,

Please how long after requesting for emergency appointment should I be expecting their response email. Thanks
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by psychologyshuby: 1:48pm On Dec 08, 2020
Hello guys, please does anyone know schools that offer industrial/ organizational psychology without GRE and transcript evaluation. Thank you.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Lildairo(m): 1:55pm On Dec 08, 2020
FutureSenator:
Hello guys,

Please how long after requesting for emergency appointment should I be expecting their response email. Thanks

When did you apply?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by lawali: 2:17pm On Dec 08, 2020
AkinOseni:
Seems there is a design to get us pay for another MRV. Appointments were massively moved from early December to January last week. And all of these days are available now. This is really not funny.

Interestingly, I mustered the courage to call their help line to see if my appointment could be adjusted after seeing this post but the lady who picked my call maintained that days are no longer available in Lagos till January. I tried appealing to emotion by emphasizing my starting date and that I had exhausted my deferment options at my school . Sensing her empathetic tone, I requested if she could fix me in Abuja. She checked and checked and told me the earliest day in Abuja is January 15th. She was sorry for the inconvenience and that was all.

I will agree with you. In the process of getting a closer date in December after normal appointments and denied emergency appointment, I paid another MRV and tried Abuja. Only to end with a date outside after class resumption.

After exhausting the no of schedules,December Dates were released.

If you decided to pay another MRV, you need bit of calculations and God’s favour to get desired date.

I tire for them. The case require chilling to avoid hypertension ���
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Emeritusseun(m): 2:21pm On Dec 08, 2020
lawali:

I will agree with you. In the process of getting a closer date in December after normal appointments and denied emergency appointment, I paid another MRV and tried Abuja. Only to end with a date outside after class resumption.

After exhausting the no of schedules,December Dates were released.

If you decided to pay another MRV, you need bit of calculations and God’s favour to get desired date.

I tire for them. The case require chilling to avoid hypertension ���

When you paid for another MRV and chose Abuja, you should have requested for an emergency appointment! Or did you and still got such date?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by GreatMage: 2:50pm On Dec 08, 2020
Is there hope for a third class graduate in CS getting a masters in any university?

Pls I need guidance

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by FutureSenator: 2:54pm On Dec 08, 2020
Lildairo:

When did you apply?

Hi, thanks for your response.

I applied yesterday (Abuja).
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Lildairo(m): 2:56pm On Dec 08, 2020
FutureSenator:

Same here. Still waiting for them.

Applied yesterday evening
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Swerveking14: 3:00pm On Dec 08, 2020
So u need to first have gotten admission from the new sh school u wanna attend, then let the international director of the old school know you won’t be attending and u need ur sevis record transferred. The new school director would actually still contact them on ur behalf that she needs ur records transferred. If you are lucky within two days they’ll run it...Max is a week sha
Dikewilliams:
Please explain how is possible

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by babajide107: 6:03pm On Dec 08, 2020
Hello guys.this might sounds funny but I’m just new to this platform.I need help because I don’t even know where to start and I have not started anything at all..what are the steps I should take and can I still go next year because I’m hearing it’s late already.i seek a graduate program in chemistry.is gre still relevant??i have a second class upper in chemistry and I want a fully funded school
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by CptCharlesVane: 6:28pm On Dec 08, 2020
Take the GRE, if you can afford it. Join the GRE thread. Prepare for Fall 22 admissions, contact your referees about you intention, get transcripts and keep up with graduate admissions on social media.
babajide107:
Hello guys.this might sounds funny but I’m just new to this platform.I need help because I don’t even know where to start and I have not started anything at all..what are the steps I should take and can I still go next year because I’m hearing it’s late already.i seek a graduate program in chemistry.is gre still relevant??i have a second class upper in chemistry and I want a fully funded school

4 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Mosminic(m): 6:37pm On Dec 08, 2020
babajide107:
Welcome to the thread Babajide, applications for Fall 2021 in most graduate programs will be closing most likely February 2021 tentatively. I'll suggest you first research on at least 4 schools you'll like to apply to looking at their admission requirements and funding as well. I'll suggest you target Fall 2022. Also plan to write the GRE and if required the TOEFL. Chemistry programs are majorly funded so apply with diligence and wisdom. If you have research experience it'll aid your application.
Cheers!

2 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Chonco: 6:56pm On Dec 08, 2020
morgang:

Hey bro, I also need. Even if it comes with a price. Thanks.

Noted. Send a PM.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Eenduranceee: 6:58pm On Dec 08, 2020
Chonco:
Where's that Man that needs a temporary accomodation in Texas? If you see this, let me know.

Hello bro, I'm here. thanks alot for your reply. I just saw this reply now.

Can I PM you?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Asguard: 7:15pm On Dec 08, 2020
please who has the email address for abuja embassy
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by zeeLady: 7:35pm On Dec 08, 2020
Google can answer this one

Asguard:
please who has the email address for abuja embassy
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Asguard: 7:37pm On Dec 08, 2020
zeeLady:
Google can answer this one

This gender sef ehn lol
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by zeeLady: 7:43pm On Dec 08, 2020
There is hope. There are other factors to consider.
Do you have relevant work experience?
Try and study hard for GRE and ace it very well.
Have good recommenders preferably professors.
In your statement of purpose, you can explain some reasons why your cgpa was low, for example, you worked many hours while schooling.........Personalise your SOP to reflect your background and circumstance.

I have someone who just got admission with some funding, without a CS background, with low CGPA, but with an engineering background.

Admission decisions are done wholistically. They dont depend on only your CGPA. However, you have to make sure the other components are actually projecting you as a candidate to be considered.

GreatMage:
Is there hope for a third class graduate in CS getting a masters in any university?

Pls I need guidance

4 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Mosminic(m): 7:55pm On Dec 08, 2020
Asguard:

This gender sef ehn lol
How's her response gender related?

2 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Tomison(m): 8:01pm On Dec 08, 2020
Hi everyone, could someone please help me out with public universities or community colleges with cheap fees and an application waiver. Am asking for a friend and it is urgent
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Asguard: 8:04pm On Dec 08, 2020
Mosminic:

How's her response gender related?
Na red button cheat i dey use browse bro. Google will not work.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by NJobs: 9:42pm On Dec 08, 2020
Wow, interesting one guys. Being seeing the GRE thing. I have researched some of the US school I intend to apply for as a masters student in economics and they don't require any standardized test except waec.

How smooth will the visa processing be for me in this category?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Chonco: 10:49pm On Dec 08, 2020
NJobs:
Wow, interesting one guys. Being seeing the GRE thing. I have researched some of the US school I intend to apply for as a masters student in economics and they don't require any standardized test except waec.

How smooth will the visa processing be for me in this category?

For Masters?

WAEC?

2 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by fabyom: 10:59pm On Dec 08, 2020
BGSU ohio
psychologyshuby:
Hello guys, please does anyone know schools that offer industrial/ organizational psychology without GRE and transcript evaluation. Thank you.

2 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Vicxxy10: 12:25am On Dec 09, 2020
Hi everyone.

Does anyone knows schools that offer MSc in Construction Management/Architecture/Planning programs with funding? Kindly share

Thank you!
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by GreatMage: 12:35am On Dec 09, 2020
zeeLady:
There is hope. There are other factors to consider.
Do you have relevant work experience?
Try and study hard for GRE and ace it very well.
Have good recommenders preferably professors.
In your statement of purpose, you can explain some reasons why your cgpa was low, for example, you worked many hours while schooling.........Personalise your SOP to reflect your background and circumstance.

I have someone who just got admission with some funding, without a CS background, with low CGPA, but with an engineering background.

Admission decisions are done wholistically. They dont depend on only your CGPA. However, you have to make sure the other components are actually projecting you as a candidate to be considered.

Thanks.

No work experience tho.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Nobody: 3:30am On Dec 09, 2020
Good morning everyone,

I wanted to ask if it is alright not to fill in my parents name in my DS-160 form even though I had filled them in during my previous DS-160 forms for interviews?

The reason is my dad is presently in the US and I don’t want that to be a deterrent during my upcoming interview.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by NJobs: 7:37am On Dec 09, 2020
Chonco:

For Masters?

WAEC?
Yes, as an English proficiency test
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Lildairo(m): 8:07am On Dec 09, 2020
FutureSenator:

Hello, have they replied your request?

(1) (2) (3) ... (725) (726) (727) (728) (729) (730) (731) ... (779)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? / Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.