Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,809 members, 7,802,588 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 04:55 PM

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 - Travel (745) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (1353454 Views)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (742) (743) (744) (745) (746) (747) (748) ... (779) (Go Down)

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by EncephalonPikin(m): 1:34pm On Dec 17, 2020
Thank you for your kind words, majorstark, monacokyle, chonco, futuresenator, Francangel and all others

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Fonoth: 1:44pm On Dec 17, 2020
�� congratulations brother, you deserve it. More wins.
� I am so happy for you.

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by EmancipatorEmmy: 1:46pm On Dec 17, 2020
EncephalonPikin:
For those who dislike epistles, let me go straight to the point.

APPROVAL TRANSCRIPT

School: Johnson C. Smith University
Scholarship: $18k(Deficit of $9384)
Sponsor: Uncle
Program: Bachelor of Science in Biology
Interviewed by a Black Male American VO for about 4 minutes tops
Dropping out from a Nigerian University and yeah, I indicated it in my DS-160

PS: I'm accepting donations, give and it shall be given unto you embarassed wink

Congratulations! This was a great epistle!!�

2 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Chonco: 1:50pm On Dec 17, 2020
EncephalonPikin:

APPROVAL TRANSCRIPT

CONGRATS.
MORE WINS
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by morpheux: 2:59pm On Dec 17, 2020
I never get tired of asking questions here cos I know you guys will do perfect justice to it.

So here goes nothing; a requirement that was included in submitting my graduate application is my CV, I am going for studies in Chemistry but ever since I left university I have only work in non- related fields to chemistry. My question now is should I disregard those experiences in my CV and pad it up or I should leave it as it is.

Thanks and Regards
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by emmanuelle27: 3:34pm On Dec 17, 2020
Pls bro, how did u get admission to M.S with ur undergraduate GPA, i see it was low pls help
Molly90:
I got admitted for an Engineering PhD program at Michigan Tech Uni. Had a 2.46/5 for my B.Sc and 4.54/5 for my masters. I do not have an Engineering background but got admitted.

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by kennedyemmy: 3:54pm On Dec 17, 2020
iduborjoe:
[color=#006600][/color]

Here's a link to that : https://www.uscis.gov/i-134

Thank you so much...
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by kennedyemmy: 4:19pm On Dec 17, 2020
vc1177:

I know law courts do that affidavit stuff. Speaking based on Lagos/Nigeria experience, when you get to a high court(avoiding scammers outside), you'd be attended to by a personnel from that place. Try and explain the type of affidavit you want, and they will demand some details/documents from you, and take it up from from there.

Thank you so much...

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by FutureSenator: 4:25pm On Dec 17, 2020
EncephalonPikin:
Thank you for your kind words, majorstark, monacokyle, chonco, futuresenator, Francangel and all others

Congratulations man. You really deserve this.

Cheers to greatness!
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by thekingofafrica: 4:58pm On Dec 17, 2020
Oh I did promise I’d put a transcript here, been too busy these days.
Funding-none
MSc Electrical Engineering, Minnesota state University Mankato.
Approved, Abuja embassy.
Got to the embassy early but I had to go retake my passport as it didn’t match the right measurements.
VO- good morning( a white man) pass me your 1-20, ohh so you’re sponsoring yourself.
Me- Yes sir.
How long have you been working ?
Me- 4 years sir
VO- I can see your uncle will also be supporting you financially, how’s he related to you.
Me: he’s my maternal uncle, owns a real estate firm
VO- how many kids does he have ?
ME- 2 married kids.
V0- what will this course do for you?
ME- this course will further consolidate my position with my current employers when I’m back in Nigeria.
VO- you’d be getting back your passport in 3-5 days, I’d be giving you a paper, take it along to get it and also get a winter jacket, it’s very cold in Minnesota.
I got out did my traditional break dance and I was thankful to God.
Thanks to this platform, I hope this helps someone and lastly, I know a lot of people who have gotten their visas but too busy preparing, hence why they have not posted,keep the hopes up, your dream is still super valid. God bless us all.

25 Likes 1 Share

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Swerveking14: 5:47pm On Dec 17, 2020
Seems you want to be sent back to naija when you arrive. Let you prof know the rule.
ayofag:
Hi guys. I need your assistance with this. How can a student with an F1 visa resume about 3 months to the start of his program because his supervisor wants him to participate in a training exercise just as an opportunity before his program start date. Meanwhile, the rule states that a student can only travel 30 days to the beginning of his program. Thank you
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Asiwaju101: 5:56pm On Dec 17, 2020
Hello guys,pls are there still dates for emergency appointment in December?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Emeritusseun(m): 5:58pm On Dec 17, 2020
Asiwaju101:
Hello guys,pls are there still dates for emergency appointment in December?

As at 10minutes ago, the earliest on my dashboard was 4th of January
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Asiwaju101: 6:31pm On Dec 17, 2020
Emeritusseun:

Abi or lagos
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Asiwaju101: 6:31pm On Dec 17, 2020
Emeritusseun:

Abuja or lagos
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Emeritusseun(m): 7:12pm On Dec 17, 2020
Asiwaju101:

Abuja or lagos
Abuja
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by fairheart(m): 7:15pm On Dec 17, 2020
EncephalonPikin:

APPROVAL TRANSCRIPT

Interviewed by a Black Male American VO for about 4 minutes tops
Dropping out from a Nigerian University and yeah, I indicated it in my DS-160

VO:
Pass me your I-20 and passport
ME: *passes them*
(I decided to drop my files so that I could gesticulate well with my hands)
VO: How did you decide to go to this school?
ME: I heard about the school from my advisors at the EducationUSA here at the embassy ( points at the building with my hands). They helped streamline my wants and profile with the schools where I would fit it in.( I expected something like 'How did you hear about this school?' so I was mostly rambling until I had nothing to say again)
VO: Tell me about your educational background
I graduated from high school as the salutatorian, senior prefect, JETS club financial secretary, lead mobilizer of my school's rescue team( Again, my mind was urging me to say something else but I wasn't sure of how best to answer this question as it wasn't phrased the way I understand but I just wanted to sell myself at every given chance. Part of my educational background would also be the time I’ve spent in a Nigerian university already but I didn’t stress it since it was already in my DS-160)
VO: what will you do with this degree?
I intend to work at the Nigerian Institute for Medical Research as a Biomedical Scientist and this degree will help serve as a stepping stone to that dream. Nigeria's public health sector is in a deplorable state and lives are being lost needlessly so I'd like to help change that.
VO: Who will be paying for this?
ME: My uncle
VO: What does he do?
ME: He works at Bleep in the USA
(Fairheart had already emphasized that I should first highlight my scholarship when answering this question but I was so tensed that I forgot)
He kept typing and that was when Fairheart's words came to my head. So after about a minute or so of typing, I quickly added that I have a scholarship too
He didn’t even look up, he only said ‘hmm’( he had obviously made his decision already).
VO: What's the duration of this course?
Me: 4 years

Before I knew it, he just slid my I-20 back to me with a white paper and my passport ended up in a basket. I won't lie, it was unexpected, I was awaiting more questions so that I can show him what I'm made of. Grrrr! [/i]He had given two people before me green papers and I saw the way their faces changed so I didn't want no green paper. White is my favorite color cheesy cheesy cheesy, I love white!!! The funny thing is that I can’t remember any other thing he said after that. I don’t know if that is the famous deafness you guys talk about but I was discombobulated. I quickly picked up my I-20 and started wishing him all the good things that came to my head, lol. All his responses flew over my head and I ended up by telling him to have a beautiful day.

During my interview, I told him to repeat himself more than once because I couldn’t get what he was saying. Maybe it was because he denied the nice lady before me but he was kind enough to talk slowly. I also wasn’t as tense as I thought I’ll be but I was not as coherent as I would’ve liked. I talked really fast and I was quite surprised that he caught everything I say. In fact, the realization that I finally have my visa is still sinking in. I was approved on Monday, my passport was ready the next day and I picked it up yesterday.

There was also one thing I saw, while the VO was typing, the computer behind him was open to one site, guess?... Nairaland! grin grin Lmao, I screamed [i](internally of course)

APPRECIATION DIARY

I first want to thank God without whom none of this would have been possible. He was the most important factor in this journey.

To Nairaland
Arguably the most impactful site in my life. I discovered Nairaland in 2016 after I had blown my first admission chance and started following this thread. I think I started from part 9 or so and I’ve enjoyed every bit of this journey. I’ve met people who have changed my life and I’ve made hopefully lifelong friendships.

To Northeastern
When I started contemplating rewriting the SAT in 2018 and came here to state it, he straight up offered to pay for me and he did. This was someone I didn’t know from Adam. He also went as far as drafting a list of schools for me. I eventually got to rewrite the SAT thanks to his generosity and had a 180 point increase in the space of a month. That SAT is taking me to the US. I don’t know what he saw in me but I hope to be able to reciprocate his kindness in the life of others one day. May you always find help and may life be kind to you at every turn.

To Fairheart,
The day before my interview, I had two consecutive mock sessions with him and it really went a long way in boosting my confidence. Months earlier, I had emailed him and he took his time to advice me. He also introduced me to a group of equally determined young students who also had a big role to play in my success story. I've bugged him severally for his input and he has never been tired of helping. May God bless you Sir

To Texrem, thank you for replying my pm, going through my transcript and helping me make it more concise and sensible. God bless you richly.

To Best201195, for replying my pm that faithful Sunday afternoon and for introducing me to an opportunity that has changed my life. Your help has made my journey much more easier and worthwhile.

To Fonoth who’s one of the kindest people I’ve ever met in this life, no kidding. She strove tirelessly and kept me informed of countless openings until one finally clicked. She was like an unofficial accountability partner who relentlessly pushed me. Without you, it wouldn’t have been possible

To CaptainMarvell who has been a fellow warrior in this battle, thank you for your immense help which is too numerous to name, May the wind under your wings bear you where the sun sails and the moon walks- J.R.R Tolkien

To Etherealbeing, thank you for that mock interview, you helped transform my transcript from a recital to a conversation.

To mummy Lagosismyhome, thank you for your tireless service. I could remember that she had a word of advice both times I came here seeking help.

To Legit215, thank you for compiling that transcript.

A million thanks to GboyegaD, BenNash and FreshStarz, thank you for your words during the times I was seeking help.

I'll end with this quote by Nelson Mandela, "There's no passion to be found in playing small and living a life that's less than that which you're capable of living". Far too many destinies have been changed by the Nigerian public education system due to her inhumane way of allocating admissions. Don't pursue a career you'll hate and don't build your life on a shaky foundation. I have many uncertainties and I feel really anxious because I'm taking a big leap but as Friedrich Nietzsche said, "He who has a why to live for can bear almost any how"
PS: I'm accepting donations, give and it shall be given unto you embarassed wink
You should add writing to your hobby. It was your articulate and fine writing skill that glued my attention to your first long e-mail to me last year or so. I still remember that your choice of words and the things you said you want to achieve by going to the U.S, inspired me. You told your story so well, and I think this is a skill everyone should learn. We should be able to tell our unique story in a way that will make others see the goodness in us.
I actually didn't do as much as I would have done for a younger brother I cared about, but I am glad that the little I did was impactful.

I also love that you took out time to remember those who helped in your journey. This is the attitude of gratitude and it will take you far and make people always want to help you. As you grow in the U.S, keep nursing this attitude; you'd meet even empathic people that will be there when you need another human being to advance your goals.
I also thank Northeastern and Texrem and Aunty Lagosismyhome grin for their supports toward your success.
The seed to excel is in you and I hope you will study well and graduate at the top of your class. AMEN to your prayers for me and God bless you!

20 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by tarantino1: 8:08pm On Dec 17, 2020
EncephalonPikin:

APPROVAL TRANSCRIPT

I'll end with this quote by Nelson Mandela, "There's no passion to be found in playing small and living a life that's less than that which you're capable of living". Far too many destinies have been changed by the Nigerian public education system due to her inhumane way of allocating admissions. Don't pursue a career you'll hate and don't build your life on a shaky foundation. I have many uncertainties and I feel really anxious because I'm taking a big leap but as Friedrich Nietzsche said, "He who has a why to live for can bear almost any how"

Congratulations brother!!

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by morpheux: 8:16pm On Dec 17, 2020
Please oh

morpheux:
I never get tired of asking questions here cos I know you guys will do perfect justice to it.

So here goes nothing; a requirement that was included in submitting my graduate application is my CV, I am going for studies in Chemistry but ever since I left university I have only work in non- related fields to chemistry. My question now is should I disregard those experiences in my CV and pad it up or I should leave it as it is.

Thanks and Regards
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Lavender09: 8:20pm On Dec 17, 2020
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by tolanii: 9:34pm On Dec 17, 2020
Hello guys, please can anyone who has had an interview in recent times confirm if reciprocity payment is still being collected
I know I read on here that it’s been scrapped but I want to be sure.

Thanks
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Dfortune: 9:56pm On Dec 17, 2020
Good day everyone,
has anyone applied to any Hbcu's recently I would love some advice to get past the transcripts evaluation process.
I'm applying through the common black application.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by NoFap123: 10:03pm On Dec 17, 2020
vc1177:

Your post got me deep-thinking.

Hi Vic,

Have you attended your Visa Interview?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by thekingofafrica: 10:53pm On Dec 17, 2020
Vicxxy10:
Congratulations! Is it true that international graduate students pay in-state(resident) tuition there?
very true
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by thekingofafrica: 10:53pm On Dec 17, 2020
tolanii:
Hello guys, please can anyone who has had an interview in recent times confirm if reciprocity payment is still being collected
I know I read on here that it’s been scrapped but I want to be sure.

Thanks
scrapped
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by adesco2k9: 10:55pm On Dec 17, 2020
Pls where do you pple.keep there phones while in interview
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by vc1177(m): 11:03pm On Dec 17, 2020
adesco2k9:
Pls where do you pple.keep there phones while in interview
Lagos or Abuja? If Lagos, there is a section by your right hand side, upon arriving the entrance of the US Consulate. A lady is in charge of doing that for an affordable fee. I don't know how Abuja system works.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by EncephalonPikin(m): 11:06pm On Dec 17, 2020
fairheart:

You should add writing to your hobby. It was your articulate and fine writing skill that glued my attention to your first long e-mail to me last year or so. I still remember that your choice of words and the things you said you want to achieve by going to the U.S, inspired me. You told your story so well, and I think this is a skill everyone should learn. We should be able to tell our unique story in a way that will make others see the goodness in us.
I actually didn't do as much as I would have done for a younger brother I cared about, but I am glad that the little I did was impactful.

I also love that you took out time to remember those who helped in your journey. This is the attitude of gratitude and it will take you far and make people always want to help you. As you grow in the U.S, keep nursing this attitude; you'd meet even empathic people that will be there when you need another human being to advance your goals.
I also thank Northeastern and Texrem and Aunty Lagosismyhome grin for their supports toward your success.
The seed to excel is in you and I hope you will study well and graduate at the top of your class. AMEN to your prayers for me and God bless you!

Thank you so much for the compliments Sir, I feel honoured. I'll keep your wise words to heart. While I'll definitely strive to pay back your investment in me someday, only God can give you the true measure of your worth smiley

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by vc1177(m): 11:09pm On Dec 17, 2020
NoFap123:

Hi Vic,

Have you attended your Visa Interview?
Good evening. Yes sir/ma'am, roughly a month and a week ago. Longest time.

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by EncephalonPikin(m): 11:10pm On Dec 17, 2020
NoFap123:

For a soon to be undergraduate, you write very well.

Congratulations
NoFap123:

For a soon to be undergraduate, you write very well.

Congratulations

You flatter me, thank you so much!

EmancipatorEmmy:

Congratulations! This was a great epistle!!�

Thank you!
Fonoth:
�� congratulations brother, you deserve it. More wins.
� I am so happy for you.

Thank you sis cool

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (742) (743) (744) (745) (746) (747) (748) ... (779)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? / Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.