Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,902 members, 7,802,921 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 03:26 AM

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 - Travel (746) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (1353588 Views)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (743) (744) (745) (746) (747) (748) (749) ... (779) (Go Down)

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by adesco2k9: 11:17pm On Dec 17, 2020
vc1177:

Lagos or Abuja? If Lagos, there is a section by your right hand side, upon arriving the entrance of the US Consulate. A lady is in charge of doing that for an affordable fee. I don't know how Abuja system works.

Oh okay , thanks
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by FutureSenator: 11:20pm On Dec 17, 2020
For anyone looking for December date in Abuja. 30 is currently open

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by SoccerUSA(m): 11:21pm On Dec 17, 2020
EncephalonPikin:
For those who dislike epistles, let me go straight to the point.

APPROVAL TRANSCRIPT

School: Johnson C. Smith University
Scholarship: $18k(Deficit of $9384)
Sponsor: Uncle
Program: Bachelor of Science in Biology
Congratulations, JCSU is lucky to have you!

2 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by LagosismyHome(f): 11:25pm On Dec 17, 2020
fairheart:

You should add writing to your hobby. It was your articulate and fine writing skill that glued my attention to your first long e-mail to me last year or so. I still remember that your choice of words and the things you said you want to achieve by going to the U.S, inspired me. You told your story so well, and I think this is a skill everyone should learn. We should be able to tell our unique story in a way that will make others see the goodness in us.
I actually didn't do as much as I would have done for a younger brother I cared about, but I am glad that the little I did was impactful.

I also love that you took out time to remember those who helped in your journey. This is the attitude of gratitude and it will take you far and make people always want to help you. As you grow in the U.S, keep nursing this attitude; you'd meet even empathic people that will be there when you need another human being to advance your goals.
I also thank Northeastern and Texrem and Aunty Lagosismyhome grin for their supports toward your success.
The seed to excel is in you and I hope you will study well and graduate at the top of your class. AMEN to your prayers for me and God bless you!

Aunty embarassed.... a whole young girl like me. Chei . Thank you for all you do

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Chonco: 11:38pm On Dec 17, 2020
LagosismyHome:

Aunty embarassed.... a whole young girl like me. Chei . Thank you for all you do

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Oluwathoyin: 12:34am On Dec 18, 2020
Oyindamola1234:
this is the email I got from embassy. I requested for emergency interview last week Friday, when I saw dec 23. So this morning when I login to my account I saw your emergency interview has. Been approved . And also I saw their email, but I don’t understand them, am i going to book for another date again?
remove the attached screenshot, your details are exposed

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Molly90(f): 1:18am On Dec 18, 2020
Work experience and relevant certifications covered for that, I believe.

emmanuelle27:
Pls bro, how did u get admission to M.S with ur undergraduate GPA, i see it was low pls help
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Vicxxy10: 3:29am On Dec 18, 2020
Thank you
thekingofafrica:
very true
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Geewin69: 5:00am On Dec 18, 2020
FutureSenator:

I see it's showing a date in December and at least another sometime in January. My dashboard isn't even showing any. Is this normal?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Jezuzal9(m): 7:03am On Dec 18, 2020
What are the dates in January
FutureSenator:
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Spring1000: 7:10am On Dec 18, 2020
Please can anyone help with documents required at the Port of entry?
Also is the yellow fever vaccine and yellow card a requirement for F1 students?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by tolanii: 7:26am On Dec 18, 2020
Please are we still expected to hold the reciprocity fee?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by pompeiimagnus: 7:38am On Dec 18, 2020
morpheux:
I never get tired of asking questions here cos I know you guys will do perfect justice to it.

So here goes nothing; a requirement that was included in submitting my graduate application is my CV, I am going for studies in Chemistry but ever since I left university I have only work in non- related fields to chemistry. My question now is should I disregard those experiences in my CV and pad it up or I should leave it as it is.

Thanks and Regards

My advice is; don't lie or "pad up" your experience as you said. Instead, highlight any academic research related to Chemistry you have done - maybe in undergrad. Chemistry is more of a research program, so focus your CV on that.

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Walspring: 7:44am On Dec 18, 2020
Congrats to everyone that got their visa approved.

To those who were delayed, kindly work on your lapses and refire back.

To all those who sent me PM or email, I replied and if you didn’t see it in your inbox, try and check your spam or junks box of you mail, it’s there waiting for you.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by NigPatriot(m): 7:51am On Dec 18, 2020
tolanii:

You clearly haven't read previous chats on this topic.
Reciprocity fee has been rescinded.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by bigfrancis21: 8:31am On Dec 18, 2020
Jezuzal9:
Good morning, if I pay my servis fees can I still get any early appointment at Abuja or Lagos.
Who as any idea as to the earliest dates available now. Thank you.

You can actually request an emergency date at the Abuja embassy with only a soft copy of your I20 and without your SEVIS fee payment. The Abuja embassy has been approving emergency requests with an I20 only. Of course, you do need to pay your SEVIS fee before your interview date.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Ghost1759(m): 8:32am On Dec 18, 2020
Good morning everyone I need help scheduling an appointment this December as the school made it mandatory to resume between Dec 8 and January 7 for registration, I will appreciate every help I can get in getting a date between now and Jan5 thanks in advance
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Chonco: 8:37am On Dec 18, 2020
tolanii:

Not anymore
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Chonco: 8:39am On Dec 18, 2020
Ghost1759:
Good morning everyone I need help scheduling an appointment this December as the school made it mandatory to resume between Dec 8 and January 7 for registration, I will appreciate every help I can get in getting a date between now and Jan5 thanks in advance

You have to book first and if there's no available date before the school start date, then go for emergency appointment. But i advise you to chose Abuja Consulate because in Lagos, no available date between now and your school start date. Another option is to send an e-mail to your school, requesting for an extension due to unavailability of date before the school start date or maybe defer to another semester.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Acuna91: 8:43am On Dec 18, 2020
Hello Guys and pros in the house.....

I intend to pursue my PhD in Chemical Engineering in the states. I have a bachelor's in chemical Engineering with CGPA of 4.04/5. Please I want to know my chances of getting a fully funded tuition and/or stipend. Possible schools and any other steps to take for this journey.

I will greatly appreciate a response.

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Ghost1759(m): 8:43am On Dec 18, 2020
Chonco:

You have to book first and if there's no available date before the school start date, then go for emergency appointment. But i advise you to chose Abuja Consulate because Lagos is almost not available

Thank you very much I’ve tried booking for almost a week now and couldn’t find any suitable date both in Lagos and Abuja, I will like to know more on how to go about the Emergency appointment option I live in Lagos and would love to put things in place before Abuja gets filled up as well
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Chonco: 8:47am On Dec 18, 2020
Acuna91:
Hello Guys and pros in the house.....

I intend to pursue my PhD in Chemical Engineering in the states. I have a bachelor's in chemical Engineering with CGPA of 4.04/5. Please I want to know my chances of getting a fully funded tuition and/or stipend. Possible schools and any other steps to take for this journey.

I will greatly appreciate a response.

Infact when it comes to Engineering; Chemical and it's like, getting a fully funded tuition is easier than other courses.
Have you written any test?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Jezuzal9(m): 8:49am On Dec 18, 2020
How do I go about this
bigfrancis21:

You can actually request an emergency date at the Abuja embassy with only a soft copy of your I20 and without your SEVIS fee payment. The Abuja embassy has been approving emergency requests with an I20 only. Of course, you do need to pay your SEVIS fee before your interview date.

How do I go about this
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Acuna91: 8:50am On Dec 18, 2020
Chonco:

Infact when it comes to Engineering; Chemical and it's like, getting a fully funded tuition is easier than other courses.
Have you written any test?
I have not written any test yet.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Futuragetty: 9:28am On Dec 18, 2020
Good morning everyone,
I have been trying to pay for Ece evaluation via my Access bank Visa Card without success.Please, I'd appreciate if anyone here can suggest to me a way that I can make this payment from Nigeria. Please help!
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by NoFap123: 10:04am On Dec 18, 2020
vc1177:

Good evening. Yes sir/ma'am, roughly a month and a week ago. Longest time.

I didn't see your transcript oh.

Can you point me to it?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by tolanii: 10:10am On Dec 18, 2020
Chonco:

Not anymore
Thanks
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Asiwaju101: 10:13am On Dec 18, 2020
Have anyone gotten emergency dates recently, both in abuja and lagos

(1) (2) (3) ... (743) (744) (745) (746) (747) (748) (749) ... (779)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? / Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.