Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,988 members, 7,799,390 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 08:18 PM

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 - Travel (759) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (1352205 Views)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (756) (757) (758) (759) (760) (761) (762) ... (779) (Go Down)

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by LagosismyHome(f): 12:22pm On Dec 26, 2020
Amarachibaby:
please are community schools that competitive in getting admission.

No .... They are considerably much cheaper and lesser competitive to enter. However based on history here, it a lot harder to get Visa with CC
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Amarachibaby(f): 1:04pm On Dec 26, 2020
LagosismyHome:

No .... They are considerably much cheaper and lesser competitive to enter. However based on history here, it a lot harder to get Visa with CC
any reason for it
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by EncephalonPikin(m): 1:22pm On Dec 26, 2020
Amarachibaby:
any reason for it

Travelling that far and spending so much just to get an Associate degree is probably the reason.

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by LagosismyHome(f): 1:25pm On Dec 26, 2020
Amarachibaby:
any reason for it

In Nigeria you have state school, federal Uni and Private schools .... even at a secondary school level or University level.

So my question to you why is a state secondary school very cheap compared to a private school or FG Colleges . Also CC do not issue BSC degrees but associated degree
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by flairlady(f): 1:30pm On Dec 26, 2020
Inzaghi04:

You can ask the airline you are travelling with and also confirm from your arrival state. I have read on this forum about people saying it is not required but you should also confirm this.
Okay,thank you.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Amarachibaby(f): 1:36pm On Dec 26, 2020
LagosismyHome:

In Nigeria you have state school, federal Uni and Private schools .... even at a secondary school level or University level.

So my question to you why is a state secondary school very cheap compared to a private school or FG Colleges . Also CC do not issue BSC degrees but associated degree
hmmm i see, sorry if i ask a lot of questions can you throw more light on associates degree
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by LagosismyHome(f): 1:44pm On Dec 26, 2020
Amarachibaby:
hmmm i see, sorry if i ask a lot of questions can you throw more light on associates degree
Associate degree is a 2 years certificate just like OND that Nigeria offer in polytechnics

BSC is typically takes at least 4 years to get the certificate

Check google .... it rich with information

3 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Futuragetty: 3:39pm On Dec 26, 2020
In Common App, I added my teacher to the recommenders and he was sent an email with instructions. They asked for a school report and final report, but he doesn’t know what they are. He already uploaded my Results from SS1 to SS3. And he's been asked to upload the final report again. Should he upload the same transcript again. Please help, I am so confused ):
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by SoccerUSA(m): 4:09pm On Dec 26, 2020
Futuragetty:
In Common App, I added my teacher to the recommenders and he was sent an email with instructions. They asked for a school report and final report, but he doesn’t know what they are. He already uploaded my Results from SS1 to SS3. And he's been asked to upload the final report again. Should he upload the same transcript again. Please help, I am so confused ):

Yeah

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by SoccerUSA(m): 4:10pm On Dec 26, 2020
Amarachibaby:
please are community schools that competitive in getting admission.

They're very easy to get in
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Dodo08: 6:42pm On Dec 26, 2020
Hello, I'm new on this platform. I'll like some answers as regards where I can take my masters degree in Social Work and preferably where I can get full funding.

2 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by oselin: 8:02pm On Dec 26, 2020
Good evening everyone, I am planning on going for my masters, I have bsc in microbiology. Please I need someone to help me on a university that can offer funding. I have 3 kids, is it possible to be able to travel with my children?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Amahjosh(m): 8:38pm On Dec 26, 2020
There is one close to Shoprite in Enugu. Aquila is the name of the Firm

Amarachibaby:
Please someone should help me with a good TOFEL center am in ENUGU
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Amarachibaby(f): 8:47pm On Dec 26, 2020
Amahjosh:

Thanks kiss
Amahjosh:

Thanks
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by reigningme: 9:04pm On Dec 26, 2020
Abeg ooo my people make una helep me. How do I get flight (cheap flight ) to Missouri (kansas). The airline or the site I can it from. It is urgent. Thank you
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by kastgeraldino: 9:11pm On Dec 26, 2020
Have you tried Wakanow? They practically can get you flights to anywhere.

reigningme:
Abeg ooo my people make una helep me. How do I get flight (cheap flight ) to Missouri (kansas). The airline or the site I can it from. It is urgent. Thank you

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by gharbz: 11:43pm On Dec 26, 2020
I think your final report should be the WAEC result, most schools will accept it with result checker pin to confirm from WAEC website.
I got 2 admission offers already and still waiting for more hopefully before starting my visa process.

Futuragetty:

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by TWoods(m): 2:33am On Dec 27, 2020
Amylew:
Seasons greetings guys.
I just joined this thread and I am happy with the abundance of help available. I have been busy reading transcripts and learnt a lot.

Pls, I don't know much about US so Pls can anyone give me pointers on Universities that offer masters/ PhD in law so i can do the research on the school.
I have checked a few i saw here but no law. Unis of Alabama, Houston, Clarkson etc.

I work as a prosecutor, undergraduate in Law 3.67/5. Want to apply for masters.
Will be self funding if I can afford it.

From what I have read I don't need to write GRE but do I need Toefl/Ielts.
What schools are cheap and can I get full funding? Do I need to apply for the funding or its automatic.

Thanks guys.

Start your search here - https://www.lsac.org/discover-law/types-law-programs

If you want to practice law in the US, you will need more than a masters degree in law. You'll need to definitely go to law school but you can do that after your masters.

3 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by ujumuna(f): 3:51am On Dec 27, 2020
Here is my transcript;
Dec 18th
Abuja
School: university of southern mississppi
PhD: in computer science, focus on cyber security (Digital forensics and detection)

I met with the black guy( he denied visas like water on that day shaa)

Good morning
VO: Good morning

VO: Pass ur passport and i-20
Vo: where is your husband
Me: he is here in Nigeria.

Vo: Who is funding your study abroad?
Me: my husband and my brother (as stated in my i-20)

Vo: What do them do
Me: My husband is a Businessman that owner’s real estate company here in Nigeria while my brother is a businessman. he imports transformers and other electrical accessories and distribute across the country.

Vo: have you traveled together with your kids
Me: I said no.

He handed me over the green paper.( The 214 B denial, based on whether or not the consular official feels that I will not return to Nigeria after you graduate by coming for the interview with my three children but I told him that my husband is in Nigeria doing his business)

Kindly correct me because i am reapplying and i am pretty sure my question will have to be on the strong tie , back in nigeria. i have decided to go with only my son who is 4years old, and left the two girls behind as part of my strong tie.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Asiwaju101: 6:19am On Dec 27, 2020
Hello guys,
Have anyone gotten an emergency appointment date recently, pls are closer dates popping up, because have not been able to get dates recently.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Inzaghi04: 7:50am On Dec 27, 2020
ujumuna:
Here is my transcript;
Dec 18th
Abuja
School: university of southern mississppi
PhD: in computer science, focus on cyber security (Digital forensics and detection)

I met with the black guy( he denied visas like water on that day shaa)

Good morning
VO: Good morning

VO: Pass ur passport and i-20
Vo: where is your husband
Me: he is here in Nigeria.

Vo: Who is funding your study abroad?
Me: my husband and my brother (as stated in my i-20)

Vo: What do them do
Me: My husband is a Businessman that owner’s real estate company here in Nigeria while my brother is a businessman. he imports transformers and other electrical accessories and distribute across the country.

Vo: have you traveled together with your kids
Me: I said no.

He handed me over the green paper.( The 214 B denial, based on whether or not the consular official feels that I will not return to Nigeria after you graduate by coming for the interview with my three children but I told him that my husband is in Nigeria doing his business)

Kindly correct me because i am reapplying and i am pretty sure my question will have to be on the strong tie , back in nigeria. i have decided to go with only my son who is 4years old, and left the two girls behind as part of my strong tie.

My personal Opinion:

First, did you get any type of funding opportunity in the university of southern Mississippi?
if No, Then I think it might be the reason for your denial. Typically PhD in America is supposed to be free. The VO was expecting you to say you have graduate assistantship that covers your tuition and some stipends. The only thing you might need a statement of account for is if you have a deficit in your COA. PhD is typically for 5 years as may be stipulated in your i-20 and it is difficult to convince the VO that you have enough money to carter the COA.
I had a similar admission in this university and it didn't come with funding. I think they might have had a budget problem due to covid19. They told me that I might get funded once I arrived at the school but I didn't want to risk it. Yes, some schools want you to arrive first before considering you for funding.

So my advice is if you didn't have funding attached to your studies. Tell your department about your visa interview and the VO denial because of this reason. If they can at least guarantee to fund you or at least make you pay in-state tuition fees or give you some scholarship. At least this can give you words to say. Or you defer your admission because the fall semester actually has more funding opportunities than spring.

But if you were actually funded by USM then I don't know the reason for your denial. My thoughts though.

7 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by missuzoma: 11:29am On Dec 27, 2020
Turkish Airlines just announced that you can't board without a negative covid-19 test result beginning from December 30, 2020. It was earlier scheduled to start by December 28.

https://www.aa.com.tr/en/economy/turkish-airlines-to-start-requiring-pcr-submissions-as-of-dec-30/2089778
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by cupcakes11: 12:21pm On Dec 27, 2020
missuzoma:
Turkish Airlines just announced that you can't board without a negative covid-19 test result beginning from December 30, 2020. It was earlier scheduled to start by December 28.

https://www.aa.com.tr/en/economy/turkish-airlines-to-start-requiring-pcr-submissions-as-of-dec-30/2089778
wink
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by KennedyKennedy2(m): 2:26pm On Dec 27, 2020
missuzoma:

Wahala 4 who no get covid19 grin
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Samongo(m): 2:33pm On Dec 27, 2020
Seasons greetings guys.

Pls I'm new on this thread and I've been busy reading transcripts and also learnt a lot. I must say, I'm amazed and happy with the abundance of help available.

I have been trying to apply for admission into some schools in the United States degree for a Master's degree in Construction Management with the hope of getting funding. I am a graduate of Obafemi Awolowo University with a Bsc in Quantity Surveying in 2017 with a GP of 3.5. I did my GRE and TOEFL in 2019 with the scores below.

GRE: 309
V- 153
Q- 156
A- 3.0

TOEFL: 95

Pls I will like to ask if I can get a list of some schools in the US with high possibilities of getting funding considering my profile and scores.

Thanks

4 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Princewillalex(m): 3:52pm On Dec 27, 2020
Please can I do a Masters in Law or any other course in the US immediately after completing my LL.B without going to Nigeria law school first?
TWoods:

Start your search here - https://www.lsac.org/discover-law/types-law-programs

If you want to practice law in the US, you will need more than a masters degree in law. You'll need to definitely go to law school but you can do that after your masters.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Chonco: 4:02pm On Dec 27, 2020
TO WHOM IT MAY CONCERN

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Inzaghi04: 4:48pm On Dec 27, 2020
missuzoma:

I just called Turkish airline customer service to confirm this for flights to the USA. They said covid19 test is not required. If your transit is Istanbul and you stay at the airport you don't need a covid test. But if you leave the airport then you'll need to show the test result. You can also call to confirm Turkish Airline_ +23412771559
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by missuzoma: 5:33pm On Dec 27, 2020
Inzaghi04:

I just called Turkish airline customer service to confirm this for flights to the USA. They said covid19 test is not required. If your transit is Istanbul and you stay at the airport you don't need a covid test. But if you leave the airport then you'll need to show the test result. You can also call to confirm Turkish Airline_ +23412771559

OK. Then let's disregard my earlier post. Thanks.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by TWoods(m): 5:56pm On Dec 27, 2020
Princewillalex:
Please can I do a Masters in Law or any other course in the US immediately after completing my LL.B without going to Nigeria law school first?

Of course you can. Nigerian law school isn't a requirement to do a masters in law program in the US. You'll need the LSAT i think. See the link in my post you quoted. That should give you all the answers you need.

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by frapzkid: 6:04pm On Dec 27, 2020
good day house,
please i critically need help
I have gotten my i20 from UNT for a course in Data Analytics with no funding and scholarship, is this a red flag .
the total funds needed is 32000 dollars
also I am having issues filling my form ds 160
The site is cancelling out.
i was confused about the steps on how to apply visa
I went ahead to pay at Gtbank without filling the form
please I need help
also i do not have an NIN number but plan to get one by Jan 3.... Is this a red flag to my ds 160 application

Or if possible can someone help me with the steps on applying
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by wue1: 7:44pm On Dec 27, 2020
please good evening house i applied for visa back in 2018 msc in engineering management i got denied since i have been growing my business am interested in applying for fall 2021 i need list schools with full funding or partial funding and must i write gre to get least partial funding thank you house

(1) (2) (3) ... (756) (757) (758) (759) (760) (761) (762) ... (779)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? / Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.