Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,484 members, 7,808,768 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 04:34 PM

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 - Travel (769) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (1355698 Views)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (766) (767) (768) (769) (770) (771) (772) ... (779) (Go Down)

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Y3mi11: 2:07pm On Jan 01, 2021
Hi,

I’m new here. I want to go for my undergraduate degrees in the USA.

I’d like to ask if there is anyone that got a scholarship for an undergraduate degree in any university in the US, please tell me the name of the university. Or you know of someone that did.

Please, tell me.
Thank you.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Y3mi11: 2:08pm On Jan 01, 2021
And happy new year to everyone�
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Chonco: 2:12pm On Jan 01, 2021
Y3mi11:
Hi,

I’d like to ask if there is anyone that got a scholarship for an undergraduate degree in any university in the US, please tell me the name of the university. Or you know of someone that did.

Please, tell me.
Thank you.

When it comes to UD, it's not always easy to find a school with scholarship as an applicant. You may get a scholarship after you must have enrolled and this sometimes, depends on your academic performance.
You can start by surfing the net and checking for schools that offer your course choice

2 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by RS411(f): 2:51pm On Jan 01, 2021
Hi everyone, thank you for providing this amazing support here.

Please I applied for Spring 2021 but haven't got a decision yet because of the holidays but I'd like to know how long it takes for i-20 to be out after payment. I need to know if I can still make it by the 25 January start date.

Please any info would be appreciated.

Thanks
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Geewin69: 2:58pm On Jan 01, 2021
RS411:
Hi everyone, thank you for providing this amazing support here.

Please I applied for Spring 2021 but haven't got a decision yet because of the holidays but I'd like to know how long it takes for i-20 to be out after payment. I need to know if I can still make it by the 25 January start date.

Please any info would be appreciated.

Thanks

What do you actually mean by "I haven't got a decision yet"? If this refers to an admission decision, then I think you may have to wait until the holidays are over to get that decision.

The outcome of that decision, and the time it arrives, should define what next steps you will be taking.

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by RS411(f): 3:46pm On Jan 01, 2021
Geewin69:

What do you actually mean by "I haven't got a decision yet"? If this refers to an admission decision, then I think you may have to wait until the holidays are over to get that decision.

The outcome of that decision, and the time it arrives, should define what next steps you will be taking.
Thanks, will just wait for the admission decision
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Sammiebravo: 5:02pm On Jan 01, 2021
Hello Everyone. Happy New Year:

Pls It's as regards passport pick up. I tracked my passport online and it indicated, Passport is ready for pick up! Pls do I still need to wait for another sms update from the DHL Office at Oshodi before I go over to their office to pick it up? Those who picked up their passport recently from DHL Osohodi Centre, What do advice? Thanks.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by larot78: 5:20pm On Jan 01, 2021
Thanks for the info..quote author=Muleriders post=97536545]

https://web.saumag.edu/mba/degree-tracks/mba-with-supply-chain-management-emphasis/[/quote]
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Geewin69: 5:22pm On Jan 01, 2021
I believe you may have to wait to receive the notification to come and pick it up. It shouldn't be long before that comes.

BTW, when was your interview?

Sammiebravo:
Hello Everyone. Happy New Year:

Pls It's as regards passport pick up. I tracked my passport online and it indicated, Passport is ready for pick up! Pls do I still need to wait for another sms update from the DHL Office at Oshodi before I go over to their office to pick it up? Those who picked up their passport recently from DHL Osohodi Centre, What do advice? Thanks.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Ftos: 6:02pm On Jan 01, 2021
Nwaada:

21st of December

You picked on 23rd or 30th?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Sammiebravo: 6:14pm On Jan 01, 2021
[quote author=Geewin69 post=97620467]I believe you may have to wait to receive the notification to come and pick it up. It shouldn't be long before that comes.

BTW, when was your interview?

My interview was Dec. 29th
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Nostradamus1: 8:18pm On Jan 01, 2021
Y3mi11:
Hi,

Please, tell me.
Thank you.
You have a lot of time bro. Start now to prepare for SAT .Register for March 2021 to use it to access yourself then you can register another in case you didnt get your target goal. Realistically, you will have to start application August this year as most colleges deadline for application is this night(schools with fin aid ). But if you have a lot of cash , you can try and apply HBCUs with rolling admission till march 1st. The problem,however, is that you will need SAT to get reasonable scholarship.So sit down, start planning towards applying August and do thorough research

2 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by godguy: 8:51pm On Jan 01, 2021
vincent7000:

You need to speak to a professional ..like fairheart to advice you better ..the issue here is not your answer but other factors such as age ,and previous interview history

can you please explain what you mean by age, is there an age limit or something like that
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Asiwaju101: 9:02pm On Jan 01, 2021
My transcript
31st December 2020
Denied
Lagos
15k funding

VO: Good morning
Me: Good morning sir,happy new year in advance.
VO: (smiles) Thanks
VO: where are u going to
me: Am going to idaho
VO: Why did u choose idaho state
Me: because that's the state my school is located
VO: is that y you choose the school?
Me: oh!there are lots of reasons y I chose the school (nods head,looks interested),apart from been given a 15k funding,
In terms of accreditation,out of the 4 schools I got admitted into the university of idaho has the highest accreditation a business school should have, which is the AACSB accreditation,its the association of advance collegiate school of business, this accreditation ensures that business school graduate learns from the best and are ready to perform at any time.

Having spoken to each representative of all university I got admitted into, professor Michael dorathey of the university of Idaho was the one the convinced me more on what I stand to get as an international student(nods head), like training opportunity,research opportunity,and some personal programs like critical thinking,that will help me to be a better person (cuts me off)

VO: do mean other schools aren't good enough?
Me: no, after my research on alll schools i find out that the university of Idaho suit my dreams best.

VO: Name the university you got admitted into
Me: Louisiana state university,park university,Murray state university, university of Idaho
VO: when did u graduate from high school
Me: 2015
VO: what have u been doing since then
Me: in 2015 I was 16 years then, the government of Nigeria impose a law on top university in Nigeria because of the. Security issues the country was facing as at then.
My father didn't want me to stay home for 2 years, he enrolled me in an ICT program, where I was thought computer programming and after then my father enrolled me in one of his automotive training center,where I have been.
VO: are u married
Me: (looks surprised) No
VO: do u have children
Me: No
VO: whos ur sponsor
Me: I.mentioned

He started typing for a long while,smile was on my face hoping I'll get the visa, to my surprise it was the reverse.

Pls where did I get it wrong

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Geewin69: 9:49pm On Jan 01, 2021
So sorry about this bro. I know how it feels! I remember your interview, and how the VO was cutting you short more than once. But he seemed really interested in having conversations with applicants! While I cannot say exactly why the denial happened as I'm not a VO, I think some of your answers were not convincing enough.

From your transcript, you didn't mention anything about your intended program, how you chose it, why you chose it, and what it would do for you in future. I guess that's what the VO wanted to hear. By applying for a Visa, you are attempting to take a life-changing step into a new culture, new environment, new life, new friends, and new experiences; surely your motivation for taking the step must be MORE than the school's business program rating and $15k funding

If you consider reapplying in the near future, please work on these areas, and practice well. There are lots of gurus here you can reach out to for mock interviews. Read a lot of transcripts too, to have a feel of what works and what doesn't.

The gurus in the house will shed more light on the subject matter.

I wish you all the best in your future endeavors.

Asiwaju101:
My transcript
31st December 2020
Denied
Lagos
15k funding

VO: Good morning
Me: Good morning sir,happy new year in advance.
VO: (smiles) Thanks
VO: where are u going to
me: Am going to idaho
Me: oh!there are lots of reasons y I chose the school (nods head,looks interested),apart from been given a 15k funding,
In terms of accreditation,out of the 4 schools I got admitted into the university of idaho has the highest accreditation a business school should have, which is the AACSB accreditation,its the association of advance collegiate school of business, this accreditation ensures that business school graduate learns from the best and are ready to perform at any time.

Having spoken to each representative of all university I got admitted into, professor Michael dorathey of the university of Idaho was the one the convinced me more on what I stand to get as an international student(nods head), like training opportunity,research opportunity,and some personal programs like critical thinking,that will help me to be a better person (cuts me off)

Me: no, after my research on alll schools i find out that the university of Idaho suit my dreams best.

VO: Name the university you got admitted into
Me: Louisiana state university,park university,Murray state university, university of Idaho
VO: when did u graduate from high school
Me: 2015
VO: what have u been doing since then
Me: in 2015 I was 16 years then, the government of Nigeria impose a law on top university in Nigeria because of the. Security issues the country was facing as at then.
My father didn't want me to stay home for 2 years, he enrolled me in an ICT program, where I was thought computer programming and after then my father enrolled me in one of his automotive training center,where I have been.
VO: are u married
Me: (looks surprised) No
VO: do u have children
Me: No
VO: whos ur sponsor
Me: I.mentioned

He started typing for a long while,smile was on my face hoping I'll get the visa, to my surprise it was the reverse.

5 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Oluwatosin2000(m): 10:00pm On Jan 01, 2021
Happy New year �

Does anyone know about BGSU? Bowling Green State University. Does the school require the SAT? How much is their application fee too
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Geewin69: 10:05pm On Jan 01, 2021
You may want to log on to www.bgsu.edu. All the answers you need are there.

Oluwatosin2000:
Happy New year �

Does anyone know about BGSU? Bowling Green State University. Does the school require the SAT? How much is their application fee too

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Oluwatosin2000(m): 10:59pm On Jan 01, 2021
missuzoma:

Check Naijaeclectic. and JulianBarnes.

Please how can I send them a pm? It’s not going through on my phone
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Rhonah: 11:36pm On Jan 01, 2021
Please has anyone got an early date in lagos? I'm seeing March 29 as the earliest
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by pompeiimagnus: 11:40pm On Jan 01, 2021
Going to live and study in a different country as a teenager, you are expected to assume a lot of responsibility for yourself. So try to show this in your answers by saying how you decided to enrol in IT trainings after high school because you couldn't get into a Nigerian University at 16. Leave off saying stuff like "my father did this, my father did that".

Also, give good reasons why you chose to study that program at that University in the US. You need to talk about how you prefer the course options for your major at Idaho, over those of the other schools. Since it's a business program, talk about how those courses suit your interests in building a career in private equity, investment management, consulting, finance, etc. The VO already knows the school is accredited, so unless it is a top 20 school, the ranking isn't very relevant at an interview. All the best at your next one!

Asiwaju101:

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Goodwishes123: 1:35am On Jan 02, 2021
I just wanted to confirm is it true if you are going to the US the first time as a student you need a return ticket .. or one way is okay as well..
because someone was saying you need a return ticket and I also have someone saying other wise
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by lawali: 1:40am On Jan 02, 2021
caneberry:
Visa Approved
Date: 29th of Dec

First, I want to thank the almighty God for his divine favor and for completing this year with testimony for me, I don’t believe in miracles but now I do. I started this journey since May 2019 when I wrote my GRE for Fall 2020.
I scheduled an appointment with Lagos, got April 16th, applied for expediate but was denied. I heard on Nairaland that Abuja had released dates. I quickly filled another DS-160, scheduled another appointment with Abuja and picked December 28th. I later found out that it was a public holiday, and I mailed the embassy to reschedule my appointment, but they replied that they will open for business on that day. A week to my interview, I got a mail that my appointment has been rescheduled, I logged in and saw 29th of Dec. I was glad because some had theirs moved to 5th of Jan.
I heard about the infamous Black Man and I really didn’t want to be biased about who will be interviewing me, so I tried not to think about it. The interview was slated for 09:00am and I got there by 08:12. I had to print another DS-160 confirmation page for 3k and 1k for my phone to be kept.

Congratulations. Any reason why you printed another DS160 confirmation page. Guess you didn’t take it to embassy.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by solihp(f): 2:05am On Jan 02, 2021
Goodwishes123:
I just wanted to confirm is it true if you are going to the US the first time as a student you need a return ticket .. or one way is okay as well..
because someone was saying you need a return ticket and I also have someone saying other wise

No, not true, you only need one way ticket

2 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by EfTee14(m): 4:31am On Jan 02, 2021
[quote author=zeeLady post=97592822]Your previous denials may or may not have played a part. When was your previous denials?
Did you do at least a mock interview? your response to study plan was not the right response

I thought as much too, he ought to say something's about credit hours and stuffs
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by EfTee14(m): 4:34am On Jan 02, 2021
lawali:

Congratulations. Any reason why you printed another DS160 confirmation page. Guess you didn’t take it to embassy.

I also did the same thing just that I paid 5k to reprint both the DS 160 and CGI ....my DS 160 2 barcodes was not on the same page and as I was seeing other people own on d same page. Had to re print and CGI I don't have it, and I don't want any delay

2 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by thekingofafrica: 6:13am On Jan 02, 2021
lawali:

because he cancelled his Lagos appointment
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Asiwaju101: 8:04am On Jan 02, 2021
Geewin69:
So sorry about this bro. I know how it feels! I remember your interview, and how the VO was cutting you short more than once. But he seemed really interested in having conversations with applicants! While I cannot say exactly why the denial happened as I'm not a VO, I think some of your answers were not convincing enough.

From your transcript, you didn't mention anything about your intended program, how you chose it, why you chose it, and what it would do for you in future. I guess that's what the VO wanted to hear. By applying for a Visa, you are attempting to take a life-changing step into a new culture, new environment, new life, new friends, and new experiences; surely your motivation for taking the step must be MORE than the school's business program rating and $15k funding

If you consider reapplying in the near future, please work on these areas, and practice well. There are lots of gurus here you can reach out to for mock interviews. Read a lot of transcripts too, to have a feel of what works and what doesn't.

The gurus in the house will shed more light on the subject matter.

I wish you all the best in your future endeavors.

Thank u very much

But he never Asked for my program
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by tocheksbaba(m): 11:56am On Jan 02, 2021
Please does one need to do a covid test before one can travel?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by MrBammy: 12:40pm On Jan 02, 2021
Hello house, please my wife is going for an interview in Abuja by 6th January. Please who can suggest any cool and affordable hotel one can stay overnight? @fairheart, can I message you directly? I have some burning questions to ask! God bless you all
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by LagosismyHome(f): 12:46pm On Jan 02, 2021
tocheksbaba:
Please does one need to do a covid test before one can travel?

It is airline specific...... some require it and some no .

2 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by caneberry: 1:28pm On Jan 02, 2021
lawali:

I had to fill another because I had to switch from Lagos to Abuja
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Jolek15: 1:34pm On Jan 02, 2021
Hi, guys please I want to ask

1. Can I travel out of the US during my break to another country and then move back?

2. How do I go about bringing my fiance to the US?

(1) (2) (3) ... (766) (767) (768) (769) (770) (771) (772) ... (779)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? / Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.