Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,395 members, 7,808,390 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:21 AM

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 - Travel (772) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (1355608 Views)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (769) (770) (771) (772) (773) (774) (775) ... (779) (Go Down)

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by KushCollectible: 6:08am On Jan 04, 2021
Geewin69:
You'll really need to keep an eye out on the portal sir. Dates open up spontaneously every now and then. Before I saw that particular date, I had gone several weeks seeing "no dates available".

Alternatively, you can get another MRV fee and apply for an expedited appointment. If you plead your case well and supply the requisite documents, you may just be approved. Quite a number of people here did same and got appointments.

Awesome!

Thanks!
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by thekingofafrica: 7:56am On Jan 04, 2021
Geewin69:
You'll really need to keep an eye out on the portal sir. Dates open up spontaneously every now and then. Before I saw that particular date, I had gone several weeks seeing "no dates available".

Alternatively, you can get another MRV fee and apply for an expedited appointment. If you plead your case well and supply the requisite documents, you may just be approved. Quite a number of people here did same and got appointments.

very true, this same
Thing happened to
Me, I cancelled my Lagos appointment, did Abuja, applied for expedite, lol I was literally begging in the letter I submitted, it paid off btw.

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Onyedika11(m): 8:08am On Jan 04, 2021
Good morning all. Please, is there any pathway to a Masters degree in nursing for a registered nurse?, She only did 3 years studies in an accredited hospital. Thanks.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Flakkie1130(f): 11:44am On Jan 04, 2021
Alhamdulillah robil Alamin. My visa was approved today at the Abuja Embassy. No document was asked, the questions I prepared for were not even asked sef. It was just Allah’s grace and Mercy.

VO: pass your passport and I20
Me: I said good morning and happy new year
VO: Happy new year to you
Me: Paases documents
VO: What are you going to this school for?
Me: For a masters degree in Business Administration with concentration in management and operations
VO: Why a masters degree in management?
Me: because I’m in the management and administration line, I work as so so so at Bleep company and besides, management is my career option
VO: Your uncle is your sponsor
Me: Yes
VO: What does he do?
Me: He’s a business man, a major importer of so so in the Southwest and also a former member of Bleep State.
VO: why would he want to sponsor you
Me: He has been responsible for my upbringing for the past 20 years. I started living with him since I was below 10 years of age.
Vo: What do you do/ where do you work?
Me: I work with bleep company as a bleep
Vo: Apart from your uncle who else do you have in Nigeria?
Me: I have my mum and my fiance
Vo: oh your fiance
Me: Yes, I’m engaged to be married
Vo:
Your fiancé will be flying over to join you?
Me: Not at all. He has a job here, he works here in Nigeria
Vo: What does he do?
Me: I mentioned

He later asked me about my uncle and his business and where I work again.
He just put my passport in the tray and gave me the white paper.

It was God’s work and His mercies. The VO is okay. He needed to be sure I have family ties here and I sure have. Be confident and pray. Prayer works my people.
Although I’m a silent reader but I do message some people if necessary. Thanks to everyone that have contributed to this platform. I wish the rest success in their interview.

24 Likes 1 Share

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Tulacious123: 12:16pm On Jan 04, 2021
Congratulations

Flakkie1130:
Alhamdulillah robil Alamin. My visa was approved today at the Abuja Embassy. No document was asked, the questions I prepared for were not even asked sef. It was just Allah’s grace and Mercy.

Me: For a masters degree in Business Administration with concentration in management and operations
Me: because I’m in the management and administration line, I work as so so so at Bleep company and besides, management is my career option
Me: He’s a business man, a major importer of so so in the Southwest and also a former member of Bleep State.
Me: He has been responsible for my upbringing for the past 20 years. I started living with him since I was below 10 years of age.
Vo:

It was God’s work and His mercies. The VO is okay. He needed to be sure I have family ties here and I sure have. Be confidence and pray. Prayer works my people.
Although I’m a silent reader but I do message some people if necessary. Hanks to everyone that have contributed to this platform. I wish the rest of us success in their interview.

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Gabby1234: 12:40pm On Jan 04, 2021
Good morning guys,
Is COVID-19 test needed for US or airline
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by statemanui(m): 1:31pm On Jan 04, 2021
Good Afternoon guys,
Please I would like to know the appropriate option to choose from in the 'Select Appropriate grading scale' part using the WES iGPA Calculator?

Thank you all as I anticipate your response.

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by lawali: 1:34pm On Jan 04, 2021
Flakkie1130:

Vo:

It was God’s work and His mercies. The VO is okay. He needed to be sure I have family ties here and I sure have. Be confident and pray. Prayer works my people.
Although I’m a silent reader but I do message some people if necessary. Thanks to everyone that have contributed to this platform. I wish the rest success in their interview.
Congratulations. Wish you success in your remaining affairs (Amin)

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by solihp(f): 1:47pm On Jan 04, 2021
statemanui:
Good Afternoon guys,
Please I would like to know the appropriate option to choose from in the 'Select Appropriate grading scale' part using the WES iGPA Calculator?

Thank you all as I anticipate your response.

The option you picked is right
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by statemanui(m): 1:56pm On Jan 04, 2021
solihp:

The option you picked is right

Thanks @soliph
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Gabby1234: 2:11pm On Jan 04, 2021
Hi guys,

Is COVID-19 test needed for US or in the booking of flight
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Asiwaju101: 2:50pm On Jan 04, 2021
Asiwaju101:

Me too,let's have mock together
What'sapp .
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by babs4swag(m): 2:55pm On Jan 04, 2021
[quote author=Asiwaju101 post=97712967][/quote]
I will be glad if we can have mock together this my contact 08129736403
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Lordsagna: 3:44pm On Jan 04, 2021
hi pls I was sent a mail which quote " please respond to this email with your 7-digit financial aid ID number" what does it means?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Awas: 4:59pm On Jan 04, 2021
HisEminence:

Yes, mine was approved last week

please what questions did they ask? did you go as a family?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by blvckmiles: 5:23pm On Jan 04, 2021
Please is there a fee to be paid after your Visa has been approved?
I have my interview tomorrow
Geewin69:

Can one fill a new DS form for an interview scheduled for tomorrow?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Geewin69: 5:29pm On Jan 04, 2021
Nope. The era of reciprocity fee has ended.

I wish you the best of luck in your interview!

blvckmiles:
Please is there a fee to be paid after your Visa has been approved?
I have my interview tomorrow
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by solihp(f): 6:19pm On Jan 04, 2021
Gabby1234:
Hi guys,

Is COVID-19 test needed for US or in the booking of flight

Depends on the airline you're going with, I know Qatar requires, British Airline and Delta air doesn't. So confirm with the airline you're going with
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Jolek15: 6:40pm On Jan 04, 2021
pompeiimagnus:

1. Yes you can. Though it's advisable to travel when your visa is still valid, to avoid wahala during re-entry. Also, you must have your I-20 signed by your DSO.
2. That's very personal Baba. Both of you need to work that out yourselves.

Please explain the number 2
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by hairbyuj(f): 9:51pm On Jan 04, 2021
Please which school can I apply for wont require application fee and English test for undergraduate studies.

Thanks your response is urgently needed
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Flakkie1130(f): 10:34pm On Jan 04, 2021
Is anyone going to Fitchburg, Massachusetts here, or if you know anyone going there, pls kindly holla. Thanks!
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Flakkie1130(f): 10:40pm On Jan 04, 2021
Is there anyone going to Fitchburg, Massachusetts here or do you know anyone going there? Kindly holla pls.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by hairbyuj(f): 6:32am On Jan 05, 2021
hairbyuj:
Please which school can I apply for wont require application fee and English test for undergraduate studies.

Thanks your response is urgently needed
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by FutureSenator: 6:32am On Jan 05, 2021
All these touts trying to extort me in Abuja. Guys I hope I don't have to staple anything.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by ArDun: 6:56am On Jan 05, 2021
Geewin69:

So here's the transcript.
Visa Approved
Lagos Consulate.
December 31st 2020
Previously denied.
Time: 9:30 am, arrived at about 9 am and went straight to the CGI place. No crowd.

Got into the consular section, three VOs were conducting interviews. One black american lady, I call her the drill sergeant. Then there was one white male with long hair and a cute smile. He seemed cool, like he was really interested in having conversations with applicants. The third VO was one semi-elderly man.

By the way, miss drill sergeant was drilling people and denying them. She denied three people right before my eyes. I wanted to meet the nice white guy, but I ended up in front of Mrs. Drill Sergeant. According to my wrist watch, my interview lasted about 25 minutes. We were less than six in the hall then, so they really took their time.

Here goes.

Me: Good morning ma’am. Compliments of the season.
VO: Good morning. Please pass your passport and I-20.
***Biometrics***

VO: Where are you going to?
Me: I am going to Bowling Green State University for my Masters degree in Healthcare Administration

VO: (starts typing)…so why did you chose this school?
Me: Several things stood out for me in BG ma’am. Firstly, in my preliminary research on all the schools I shortlisted, I discovered that BG is actually rated very high in terms of teaching quality. Additionally, the course content for this program at BGSU features a unique blend of theoretical teaching, clinical exposure, case study simulation, and core digital health applications. I will be taking courses in Health leadership, healthcare financing, Health services administration, health law and Ethics, Managing Healthcare complexities, and the one I’m most excited about, the Application of Technology in Clinical Healthcare Practice. This will equip me to become a more effective healthcare administrator, capable of proffering practical solutions to healthcare problems in Nigeria when I return. I am particular about helping to enhance healthcare accessibility for women and children in rural communities, because this is where I’m from, this is where I have roots, and this is where I want to make impact. So for me, it was about finding a place where I can build the right skills and competencies to advance my career when I return to the country.

I was gesticulating and raising my hands everywhere. My voice was shaky but grew stronger and louder with time. VO was nodding profusely, feeling my soundtracks.

Me: I continued. To top it all, I was also awarded a partial tuition scholarship to cater for some of my tuition costs.

VO: (looks at my I-20 and asks) So who will be paying your $26k deficit?
Me: My maternal uncle. He is the CEO of bleep. His sponsorship is capped at $30,000 per year for each year of my studies, and covers tuition, accommodation, living costs, health insurance and a return ticket after my program. (pause) I understand that I am not supposed to suggest things to you, but I actually have my sponsor’s personal account statement here with me. With your permission I will retrieve it from my folder.

VO: (nods and continues typing. All this while she didn’t break eye contact, and she didn’t stop typing furiously.)

VO: Give me one moment, I’d be right back.
Me: Okay ma’am. No worries.
(she put off the mic and left for about five minutes)

She returned.
VO: So where did you say you are going again? (glancing at my I-20)
Me: I’m going to Bowling Green State University for my masters degree in Healthcare Administration, for a period of two years.

VO: Do you stay on your own?
Me: No ma’am. I stay at my parents’.

VO: Have you been outside the country before? (she glanced at my passport and saw an Ethiopian visa there) You have been to Ethiopia…
Me: Yes ma’am. Last year I was invited by the African Union Commission to attend a high-level conference at the African Union Headquarters in Addis-ababa, Ethiopia. I also got some recognition for my work in telemedicine.

VO: Do you have any documentation for that?
Me: No I don’t ma’am.

VO: One moment please. (She walked away with my passport and returned after about 3 minutes)
So what did you say your Uncle does again?
Me: I repeated my earlier response, with a bit more emphasis.

VO: (nodding) Are you married?
Me: Not yet ma’am.

VO and me simultaneously: But you/I have a fiancé.
Me: Yes ma’am. (paused for a second) And she’s adorable ;-)

VO: What does your fiancé do?
Me: Told her what she does.

VO: And she’s not traveling with you?
Me: No ma’am. Not at all. We actually plan to get married on the 7th of January, 2023.

VO: So when did you meet?
Me: Gave her our history.

VO: How long have you been together?
Me: Gave her the history

VO: (scrolls on her system..) Now in your previous interview in November…(I wanted to say, “yes I was denied”, but I believe God just kept my mouth shut. Then she stopped talking and started focusing on her screen. Then she asked)
What does your dad do?
Me: I told her the same thing I told the previous VO. (I think this was a make or break point, because the previous VO probably took notes about that; so if I had told her something different, I would have been a goner).

VO: (continues nodding and typing) So what do you do presently?
Me: I actually resigned in June 2020 to prepare for my graduate studies, which was previously scheduled to commence in fall 2020. However, since I was unable to secure an appointment, I deferred to Spring semester. And instead of rushing back into employment, I decided to keep myself engaged by taking relevant online courses and volunteering for Eagle World Outreach Global Food Support Project, where I coordinate the distribution of free food and relief materials to poor families in my community. I actually heard about this organization online, and I reached out to them to extend their program to my community. They sent me funds, and I set up a small team, purchased food items and distributed to poor families.

VO: So where did you work before?
Me: Up until June 30th 2020, I worked as a Laboratory attendant at Ikorodu general hospital. My day to day roles involved taking inventory of lab supplies and reporting in case reagent stocks were almost exhausted, performing haematological and pathological tests including malaria tests and widal tests, and directly assisting the head of lab services as often as occasion demands.

VO: Where did you work before this place?
Me: I actually co-founded a health tech start up last year, and I worked as the Team Lead of the Research Design team. My work required me to design qualitative and quantitative research to get information about specific research fields within our target demographic. I stopped middle of last year because I lost my main funder, and my co-founder bailed on me and joined a direct competitor.

(She kept nodding and looking at her screen.)

VO: Give me one more moment, please. I’d be right back.
Me: No worries ma’am.

VO: (returned after like 2 minutes and started typing furiously)
Me: You’re welcome back ma. (at this time, I was already tired. My legs were sweaty)

Me: I hope you are enjoying your stay in the country ma’am.
VO: Oh yes, thank you. Now just hold on a minute okay. (she kinda asked me to not talk while she typed)

All this while, I was praying and raining fire on her brain. Then she stopped typing and her hand hovered over the blue slip I was given before. My heart broke. Then she lifted her hand, looked around for white slip, and finally found one on her wall. Then she said those magic words…

VO: Okay. So I will be approving your visa. Take this white paper…(then I didn’t hear anything again. The popular deafness, I guess; but I wasn’t having any of it...)
Me: Uhm, ma, many people speak about this deafness that comes after receiving the white slip. They say they don’t hear anything afterwards. I think the same thing just happened to me, but I’m really interested in hearing that thing…

VO: Oh, I’m saying that this paper will tell you how to pick up your passport. You should also keep your I-20 well, as you’ll be needing it every time you go in and out of the US. Las las, she said some other things again that I didn’t get, but I let go.

That is how it happened oo! God is faithful!

Side notes: prayer works, but preparation + prayer is a match made in heaven. Pray like you’ve not prepared, prepare like you’ve not prayed. More importantly, the delivery is more important than the preparation. Prepare all you want, but make sure you bring your A-game to the interview.

Best of luck to all those having interviews soon.

Waoh! Congratulations!!!

Did you fill new Ds160 for your second attempt. Change anything on it... And please how long did you wait before you reapplied?

I was delayed and considering another application immediately.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Jidebambam: 7:06am On Jan 05, 2021
For those who interviewed in Abuja, but picked visa in Lagos, what kind of notification did you recieve? The generic “passport number **** has been picked up” email or text?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Opaofafrica: 7:11am On Jan 05, 2021
Hello guys . Got my Visa Approved at Abuja yesterday . Thanks to all info you guys have been dropping here . Pls how can I track my passport till its available for pick up .

Thanks so much guys �

4 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Geewin69: 7:12am On Jan 05, 2021
No you don't. Don't let them deceive you and make you feel your documents aren't complete.

You don't need four passport photographs: just one!

Check the interview checklist posted here by Fairheart some sometime ago to see what you need and what you don't.

All the best in your interview!

FutureSenator:
All these touts trying to extort me in Abuja. Guys I hope I don't have to staple anything.

2 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Geewin69: 7:14am On Jan 05, 2021
Yes, I filled a new DS form when I reapplied. Nothing overly different; just finishing touches here and there.

I also attempted to reapply immediately, but ultimately, the availability of dates determines how soon you can file another application.

Hope this helps.

ArDun:

Waoh! Congratulations!!!

Did you fill new Ds160 for your second attempt. Change anything on it... And please how long did you wait before you reapplied?

I was delayed and considering another application immediately.

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Geewin69: 7:18am On Jan 05, 2021
Congratulations!!@

This should help:

https://www.ustraveldocs.com/ng/ng-niv-passportretrieve.asp

Opaofafrica:
Hello guys . Got my Visa Approved at Abuja yesterday . Thanks to all info you guys have been dropping here . Pls how can I track my passport till its available for pick up .

Thanks so much guys �

(1) (2) (3) ... (769) (770) (771) (772) (773) (774) (775) ... (779)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? / Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.