Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,510 members, 7,808,865 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 06:17 PM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 - Travel (101) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 (1018041 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (98) (99) (100) (101) (102) (103) (104) ... (644) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Chukwuemekatehi(m): 9:15pm On Jul 05, 2019
Like seriously?
Finestlex:

You wanna write a book ? A page is perfect
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by hiambenson: 9:27pm On Jul 05, 2019
Finestlex:

You wanna write a book ? A page is perfect

A page is not perfect if he or she have crucial points to emphasize on. If the 4 pages are not vague or poorly written, he should fire on all cylinders!

Cheers!

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by hiambenson: 9:33pm On Jul 05, 2019
Finestlex:
why put yourself in this situation knowing your passport is gonna expire soon when you could have easily renewed

Bros, you can only renew your passport when it has at least 6 months to date of expiration. My time of reapplication and initial traveling schedule prompted me to opt for submitting my application with the old passport.
Thanks anyways!

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Obehi44: 9:34pm On Jul 05, 2019
House, the refusal came again 2nd time. First time was personal assets and financial status but now they say it's "purpose of visit"
Yesterday I mentioned a few monikers that got this bvl same time as mine came in, today I can see two out of those monikers coming to say they have been refused this evening just as I got mine this evening too.
All same reason "purpose of visit"
I can almost conclude that it was same VO that dished was in charged. Him just de bomb people email and Cic account with same reasons.
If these people have limits of people they give visa to per a period, they should just say rather than letting us go through stress and keep paying application fee.
Anyway, I will other for the gcms again, defer admission and refire again.
@Franck please my dear, can I have a one on one? Just want to ask one question please.
Thanks.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Chukwuemekatehi(m): 9:42pm On Jul 05, 2019
You are almost there Dear, you have to focus on your SOP. But first order for your Notes and know what exactly happened. It will end in praise, delay is not denial.
Obehi44:
House, the refusal came again 2nd time. First time was personal assets and financial status but now they say it's "purpose of visit"
Yesterday I mentioned a few monikers that got this bvl same time as mine came in, today I can see two out of those monikers coming to say they have been refused this evening just as I got mine this evening too.
I can almost conclude that it was same VO that dished was in charged. Him just de bomb people email and Cic account with same reasons.
If these people have limits of people they give visa to per a period, they should just say rather than letting us go through stress and keep paying application fee.
@Franck please my dear, can I have a one on one? Just want to ask one question please.
Thanks.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by hiambenson: 9:46pm On Jul 05, 2019
Obehi44:
Thanks.

I'm very sorry about your refusal, bro. I love your upbeat spirit and I believe that the third time would be charm. I guess there's a career progression, right? Try to work on your SOP the very best way you can, give it to 2 or 3 persons for scrutinization (I never did this but it's advisable). Thereafter, use free online tools to check for grammatical errors or punctuation mistakes.
God bless!

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by keneharry: 9:54pm On Jul 05, 2019
Please I want to ask a question..The course I'm applying for is around $6500CAD, a year course route program..How much extra do my sponsor need to have in his account and what are the other financial requirements? Thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Nobody: 9:55pm On Jul 05, 2019
I don't think grammatical error is an issue please
hiambenson:

I'm very sorry about your refusal, bro. I love your upbeat spirit and I believe that the third time would be charm. I guess there's a career progression, right? Try to work on your SOP the very best way you can, give it to 2 or 3 persons for scrutinization (I never did this but it's advisable). Thereafter, use free online tools to check for grammatical errors or punctuation mistakes.
God bless!
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by hiambenson: 9:58pm On Jul 05, 2019
jessyeve:
I don't think grammatical error is an issue please

Where in my message did I state categorically that "grammatical error" was the issue?? Don't quote me wrongly, my dear!
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Tomotunde: 9:58pm On Jul 05, 2019
Pls I need help with SOP for political science undergraduate. Any guru in the house. I need someone to review my SOP. Please
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Jadezion: 10:12pm On Jul 05, 2019
Obehi44:
Thanks.

@Frankrobbin same here...one question pls
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Finestlex(m): 10:58pm On Jul 05, 2019
hiambenson:

Bros, you can only renew your passport when it has at least 6 months to date of expiration. My time of reapplication and initial traveling schedule prompted me to opt for submitting my application with the old passport.
Thanks anyways!

Oh yeah ? Not sure how it works in Naija but When i got my 3yrs Post grad work permit. I had two years on my passport.. i contacted Nigerian embassy in Ottawa, wrote a letter and they cancelled my passport without prejudice and issued me a new passport.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Qudkom(m): 12:17am On Jul 06, 2019
Obehi44:
Thanks.
Matter of fact I know 3 people that got the same refusal. "Purpose of visit" and it all came this evening (5th of july). But non the less you are close just a few steps.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by sterlingwaterlo: 12:28am On Jul 06, 2019
Just linked my application online now. My background check has started.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Qudkom(m): 12:45am On Jul 06, 2019
DEALING WITH PURPOSE OF VISIT (POV)

Sad to hear about the recent refusals based solely on purpose of visit. However Purpose of visit refusals can be tricky and sometimes can be linked with various clauses. The most popular reasons for purpose of visit refusal are down to:

1. Incoherent, poor and Vague Study plans (SOP)

2. Applying for a program that could otherwise be done locally in Nigeria.

3. VO not convinced the proposed program is of a reasonable expense.

4. Applying for a program under the same credential as your last qualification. I.e applying for another msc program or bsc program.

5. Applying for a program otherwise lower than what your previous credential qualifies you to apply for. Sometimes it's possible to get away with it but different VOs with different evaluations.

6. Applying for a program that doesn't correlate with previous work experience and education credentials. Etc....

POV refusals are tricky and can otherwise be broad. Pinpointing the exact clause is important in reapplying.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Qudkom(m): 1:13am On Jul 06, 2019
Jadezion:
Please which the fastest way to get A GCMS note....nid to reapply

Reason for refusal

Purpose of visit

Pls hlp wit a sampl of strong SOP

It takes 40days max to get a gcms note. It is important to understand the exact purpose of visit refusal you got.

P.s: A citizen of canada can get the gcms note for you also and that is why most gcms websites require you to fill a consent form.so if you know someone there the process might be faster to get.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Obehi44: 6:35am On Jul 06, 2019
Qudkom:

It takes 40days max to get a gcms note. It is important to understand the exact purpose of visit refusal you got.

P.s: A citizen of canada can get the gcms note for you also and that is why most gcms websites require you to fill a consent form.so if you know someone there the process might be faster to get.
Do really mean a citizen or just someone there?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Jadezion: 6:53am On Jul 06, 2019
@Frankrobbn1

Please I need help with SOP
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Nobody: 7:30am On Jul 06, 2019
When did you apply, did u receive acknowledgement letter
sterlingwaterlo:
Just linked my application online now. My background check has started.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by pete26(m): 7:43am On Jul 06, 2019
Good morning guys, please I need clarification here. A third party is willing to sponsor me and as such make commitment by crediting my account with a good part of my fees and he intends to continue throughout the course of my study and he is based in the US. So for a sponsor who isn't in Nigeria, asides the sponsorship docs required from a sponsor is there any special document he needs to provide? Also do you think there's going to be any concerns by the VO with the fact that he's not in Nigeria?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by sterlingwaterlo: 8:10am On Jul 06, 2019
jessyeve:
When did you apply, did u receive acknowledgement letter
june 28th. I didn't receive any acknowledgement letter.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Nobody: 8:16am On Jul 06, 2019
I applied 11th June, haven't been able to link, what could be wrong? Where did you apply from? I applied in Abuja, the sub category, u filled study permit and extension right?
sterlingwaterlo:
june 28th. I didn't receive any acknowledgement letter.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Nobody: 8:21am On Jul 06, 2019
pete26:
Good morning guys, please I need clarification here. A third party is willing to sponsor me and as such make commitment by crediting my account with a good part of my fees and he intends to continue throughout the course of my study and he is based in the US. So for a sponsor who isn't in Nigeria, asides the sponsorship docs required from a sponsor is there any special document he needs to provide? Also do you think there's going to be any concerns by the VO with the fact that he's not in Nigeria?

The VO has no business of wherever he is.

Concerning the sponsor documents. Here is what you need from him. Sponsor letter and it must state number of his dependents, affidavit of sponsor and must be notarized by any public notary in US, his bank statements, pay stubs, his international passport bio-data page and evidence of his legal stay in the USA, and how you guys are related and if he has sponsored you before also, you can provide the evidence.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Obehi44: 8:25am On Jul 06, 2019
Hello gurus, helpers in the house, Pls help on this thought of mine.
I want to change school
I want to change course of study.
The question is can I change school and or course of study?
Will it have an effect or affect my visa application?
Please those already in Canada or with first hand info should help reply. Thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by mzjokky16: 8:37am On Jul 06, 2019
hello house, good morning,
i did paper submission and when i linked my account online, it changes my method of submission to online, i submitted my application at vfs on june i8 but my linked page on cic portal brings june 23, but when i opened the "view full application status" my date of submission is correct,"june 18". please why is this irregularities?.
and again, my application will be 3 weeks nezxt tuesday and i am still on background check, i am really curious cos most people here got background and eligibity check after 1week of submission and they both run cocurrently at times.
pls can anyone help me shed more light on this.
thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by sterlingwaterlo: 8:45am On Jul 06, 2019
jessyeve:
I applied 11th June, haven't been able to link, what could be wrong? Where did you apply from? I applied in Abuja, the sub category, u filled study permit and extension right?
i applied in lagos. A friend in canada helped me link mine yesterday. I filled family study permit and that questionnaire

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by pete26(m): 8:55am On Jul 06, 2019
Ayodeji787:

The VO has no business of wherever he is.

Concerning the sponsor documents. Here is what you need from him. Sponsor letter and it must state number of his dependents, affidavit of sponsor and must be notarized by any public notary in US, his bank statements, pay stubs, his international passport bio-data page and evidence of his legal stay in the USA, and how you guys are related and if he has sponsored you before also, you can provide the evidence.
Thanks for your response bro. With regards to relationship, he is a very close family friend that why I said third party, and because he's third party he's that's the reason he decided to make commitment. Hope the commitment helps the situation?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Nobody: 9:43am On Jul 06, 2019
The June 23rd you see on the first page is the date you linked your application not the actual submission date, so do not be confused. Then as for your application, cic do not have any particular order.So calm down yours will start soon... No worries yet.

mzjokky16:
hello house, good morning,
i did paper submission and when i linked my account online, it changes my method of submission to online, i submitted my application at vfs on june i8 but my linked page on cic portal brings june 23, but when i opened the "view full application status" my date of submission is correct,"june 18". please why is this irregularities?.
and again, my application will be 3 weeks nezxt tuesday and i am still on background check, i am really curious cos most people here got background and eligibity check after 1week of submission and they both run cocurrently at times.
pls can anyone help me shed more light on this.
thanks

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Vesment: 9:55am On Jul 06, 2019
please i just found out my course has 600 hours co-op and i didn't put it while applying for study permit, is there anything i can do?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Nobody: 9:58am On Jul 06, 2019
pete26:
Thanks for your response bro. With regards to relationship, he is a very close family friend that why I said third party, and because he's third party he's that's the reason he decided to make commitment. Hope the commitment helps the situation?

Sure it helps alot and go a long way in resolving issues that could arise from lack of sufficient funds by the VO
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Nobody: 9:59am On Jul 06, 2019
Vesment:
please i just found out my course has 600 hours co-op and i didn't put it while applying for study permit, is there anything i can do?

After your visa approval, you can apply for that when you get to Canada.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Akpesman: 10:00am On Jul 06, 2019
Delayed!Got BVL and Correspondence letter dropped yesterday. Exactly thesame reasons and it's from Kenya.
How do we order for gcms notes pls?

Obehi44:
Thanks.

(1) (2) (3) ... (98) (99) (100) (101) (102) (103) (104) ... (644)

UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 / Travelling To Canada Part 9 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.