Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,986 members, 7,799,368 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 07:49 PM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 - Travel (128) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 (1014325 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (125) (126) (127) (128) (129) (130) (131) ... (644) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Chukwuemekatehi(m): 3:06pm On Jul 12, 2019
Please ooooo any Conestoga college student here, please let's connect
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by JustMellow: 3:08pm On Jul 12, 2019
Anamekele:
Is it possible to seek for judicial review and still reapply while the case us on?
Please house and gurus your advice is needed.

I don't think this is a smart move even if its possible. In a judicial review, if the review is won, the judge orders for the application to be re-opened and its sent to another VO for proper scrutiny and if all requirements are satisfied, then a decision will be given. In this scenario, two same application cannot run simultaneously and to such effect, the recently filed application will be canceled.

So its best to save the funds, time, and energy in putting up a new application if the judicial review is what is to be considered.

Good luck!

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Nobody: 3:38pm On Jul 12, 2019
I will just pretend u don't exist, peace!
hiambenson:

Dude, can you just S T F U Good Lawd! I've been observing all your comments diligently and with an apex level of scrutiny. I must admit that I've been trying so hard not to lose my cool. Anyone that's going for PGC, PGD, Masters, PhD or whatsoever certification or degree on this forum (both new and old) should do themselves the justice of going through through thread 15-16 before applying. The reviews from agents on this platform doesn't show any atom of optimism or hope for TRV approval. At least, almost all the reviews I've read here so far about them are negative. STOP advocating for nonsense. You also need to take a chill pill and calm down! Give candid advice or don't say anything at all.
Stay woke, people!
Goodluck to all candid applicants!
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by mcobex: 3:55pm On Jul 12, 2019
Anamekele:

We can talk on the phone if possible because some people on this platform have reviewed my SOP and yet the second application was declined..
I contacted an immigration lawyer who said my documents are OK and that I have a case but like you said is very expensive and time consuming.
Share your profile here so other guys can contribute to it, giving you my contact won't favour others that might have same case as you. Let's discuss everything here then when it's time to reapply you can send me your SOP (if I am chanced then) to review as well. But feel free to share your profile here let's see. Hope you understand?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by akanbijm2018: 3:58pm On Jul 12, 2019
Hello house, please how can I apply for the study permit and coop permit together and what are relevant forms that I need to fill for the coop permit and how Can I convince the visa officer beyond reasonable doubt that I am not intentionally going for work in Canada. please I need help
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by mcobex: 3:59pm On Jul 12, 2019
degxyflexy:
I need a link to where to apply for my gcms note that bro, I have a friend in Canada ready to help me.
I can't share the link here but search gcms on Google and you will see links of companies offering the service. Good luck
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Nobody: 4:04pm On Jul 12, 2019
Please I want to send additional information to webform, which address should I use since I don't know where my file is processed and which category should I put it under? I'm paper applicant from Abuja
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by 95seun(m): 4:09pm On Jul 12, 2019
degxyflexy:
I need a link to where to apply for my gcms note that bro, I have a friend in Canada ready to help me.

If your friend in Canada is a citizen or PR, type Atip in google.
Honestly, you shouldn’t even have to ask, it’s easily accessible on google. It’s also on the links on the first page of this thread.
If the person is not a PR/citizen .. type GCMS note in the search box on here and you’ll see people who have gotten theirs. PM them asking for help, advantage is they’ve used the service so they’ll be able to assist you better.

I still don’t understand why people can’t drop sites that have worked for them in the past.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by 95seun(m): 4:11pm On Jul 12, 2019
akanbijm2018:

Hello house, please how can I apply for the study permit and coop permit together and what are relevant forms that I need to fill for the coop permit and how Can I convince the visa officer beyond reasonable doubt that I am not intentionally going for work in Canada. please I need help

If applying online and co-op is a requirement for your program, fill out the online questionnaire on the CIC website and come back to ask any further questions.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by 95seun(m): 4:14pm On Jul 12, 2019
jessyeve:
Please I want to send additional information to webform, which address should I use since I don't know where my file is processed and which category should I put it under? I'm paper applicant from Abuja

I haven’t used a web form before and I doubt people would be willing to help you based on your reputation. But just input ‘Canada webform’ in the Nairaland search box, and change the section to travel.
You should find the help you need.

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Nobody: 4:22pm On Jul 12, 2019
grin grin reputation indeed. Thanks for ur input though
95seun:

I haven’t used a web form before and I doubt people would be willing to help you based on your reputation. But just input ‘Canada webform’ in the Nairaland search box, and change the section to travel.
You should find the help you need.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Vesment: 4:26pm On Jul 12, 2019
please is it easy to change course when you land in canada?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Shadypoza01: 4:29pm On Jul 12, 2019
Ok, thanks 4d info. Your POE letter will come out soon by God's grace. Congrats 2u

ghabrhiel10:

I tracked it, and saw it was ready yesterday. 22 days, still waiting for POE letter of introduction

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Paramedickelvin: 4:31pm On Jul 12, 2019
Chukwuemekatehi:
Am Here have you gotten your Visa??
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by akanbijm2018: 4:31pm On Jul 12, 2019
95seun:

If applying online and co-op is a requirement for your program, fill out the online questionnaire on the CIC website and come back to ask any further questions.

It is not online. I am applying through paper route
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Shadypoza01: 4:34pm On Jul 12, 2019
If d course u wanna change to d admission is still open n u fit d requirements, YES its possible and not difficult. Goodluck

Vesment:
please is it easy to change course when you land in canada?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Vesment: 4:40pm On Jul 12, 2019
Shadypoza01:
If d course u wanna change to d admission is still open n u fit d requirements, YES its possible and not difficult. Goodluck

for domestic or international opening?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by 95seun(m): 4:48pm On Jul 12, 2019
Anamekele:

We can talk on the phone if possible because some people on this platform have reviewed my SOP and yet the second application was declined..
I contacted an immigration lawyer who said my documents are OK and that I have a case but like you said is very expensive and time consuming.
Honestly I don’t know why I’m interested in your case. But if you broaden your horizon outside of NL, you’ll know judicial review are mainly lost, based on the sole fact that it’s purely to determine if the VO followed procedural standards when coming to a decision.
And you contacted an immigration lawyer, did you verify their licence ? And frankly speaking what did you expect the lawyer to say ? ‘You don’t have a case, keep your money’
If the lawyer is experienced and in good standing, you can negotiate a 70$/hr fee, keep the lawyer on retainer to review your SOP and supporting docs, people on NL can help you with the rest of your application. You would probably get charged for 5-10 hours depending on how well the initial consultation goes.
Alternatively, go on the IRCC site to get a list of approved agents, there a lots of Nigerian ones, do the same as above but they’re cheaper $25-$40/hr.
Main reason I’m trying to steer you away from JR is the process of reapplication is faster, you spend less and if it’s still unsuccessful it makes more sense to spend the initial ~350$ and be sure about the quality of your application going into JR review, than spending $4k for a decision you’re not sure of, and something that could possibly be solved by just spending $350.

You mentioned your SOP getting reviewed by NL’ers .. I’ve had an SOP reviewed here, sought out about 10, was able to get help from 4. All 4 had vastly different comments, 1 was really hands on providing constructive criticisms, amending / rewriting paragraphs etc. Point of me saying that is to stress that only you can truly review your SOP, the best anyone would give you is advice gained from experience and most times it’s just structural nothing to vastly change your SOP, the onus is on you to pick and choose which advice best suits your situation. Even after getting help from NL, I reviewed my SOP with a CIC certified agent from the international centre in my school, and my final SOP after the adjustment was vastly different from my post NL review SOP. So man .. idk what else to say

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by MsJu: 6:25pm On Jul 12, 2019
jessyeve:
check page 1 of thread 15, you will see the link to a webform. Where you're asked the visa office handling your file click Kenya. Type of application is "temporary residence"
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Nobody: 6:30pm On Jul 12, 2019
Thanks, does it mean all paper route goes to Kenya??
MsJu:
check page 1 of thread 15, you will see the link to a webform. Where you're asked the visa office handling your file click Kenya.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by MsJu: 6:31pm On Jul 12, 2019
95seun:

If your friend in Canada is a citizen or PR, type Atip in google.
Honestly, you shouldn’t even have to ask, it’s easily accessible on google. It’s also on the links on the first page of this thread.
If the person is not a PR/citizen .. type GCMS note in the search box on here and you’ll see people who have gotten theirs. PM them asking for help, advantage is they’ve used the service so they’ll be able to assist you better.

I still don’t understand why people can’t drop sites that have worked for them in the past.
The link is on the 1st page of previous threads. https://atip-aiprp.apps.gc.ca/atip/welcome.do?lang=en

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by MsJu: 6:38pm On Jul 12, 2019
jessyeve:
Thanks, does it mean all paper route goes to Kenya??
Not sure, but from what I have seen recently most applications from Nigeria are processed in Kenya. You can also send to tge London office. Hopefully they will respond with information on where your file is being processed.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Shadypoza01: 7:06pm On Jul 12, 2019
I knw of international

Vesment:

for domestic or international opening?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by trishaben: 7:58pm On Jul 12, 2019
Chukwuemekatehi:
Hello
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by ralfudoh(m): 7:58pm On Jul 12, 2019
Send to:
LDNIMMIGRATION@international.gc.ca
accraimmigration@international.gc.ca
nairobi@international.gc.ca
lagos.immigration@international.gc.ca
accra.immigration@international.gc.ca
nrobi-immigration@international.gc.ca
abu-dhabi-im-enquiry@international.gc.ca
ankara-im-enquiry@international.gc.ca
london-im-enquiry@international.gc.ca

Also do the webform thing, choose Lagos as application office.

Most of all, remember to add !URGENT! in your subject. Also add your CIC specific infos (UCI, Application number, date of birth and passport number) for easy tracing of your application. The sweet thing is that the concerned office will treat your request. The others will reply telling you the specific office handling you application and advice u channel your request to them. I hope this helps. It worked for me.

jessyeve:

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Jephehe: 8:18pm On Jul 12, 2019
I hope this will help.

ralfudoh:
Send to:

Most of all, remember to add !URGENT! in your subject. Also add your CIC specific infos (UCI, Application number, date of birth and passport number) for easy tracing of your application. The sweet thing is that the concerned office will treat your request. The others will reply telling you the specific office handling you application and advice u channel your request to them. I hope this helps. It worked for me.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by ralfudoh(m): 9:22pm On Jul 12, 2019
Boss, been a while. You are just enjoying Kitchener alone. I believe you are cool. But I will argue this one with you. I sent documents after applying and it was added to my application. It was quoted in my gcms notes. I dont know if my case was exceptional though. So I can't really say.
Jephehe:
I hope this will help.

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Nobody: 9:46pm On Jul 12, 2019
Wow, maybe I should just give it a shot anyway
Jephehe:
I hope this will help.

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Nobody: 9:47pm On Jul 12, 2019
Thanks oh, my good friend grin cheesy
ralfudoh:
Send to:

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by ralfudoh(m): 9:50pm On Jul 12, 2019
I will just pretend you dont exist, peace. grin cheesy tongue tongue smiley wink
jessyeve:
Thanks oh, my good friend grin cheesy

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Nobody: 9:55pm On Jul 12, 2019
grin grin grin
ralfudoh:
I will just pretend you dont exist, peace. grin cheesy tongue tongue smiley wink

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Anamekele: 10:01pm On Jul 12, 2019
95seun:

Honestly I don’t know why I’m interested in your case. But if you broaden your horizon outside of NL, you’ll know judicial review are mainly lost, based on the sole fact that it’s purely to determine if the VO followed procedural standards when coming to a decision.
And you contacted an immigration lawyer, did you verify their licence ? And frankly speaking what did you expect the lawyer to say ? ‘You don’t have a case, keep your money’
If the lawyer is experienced and in good standing, you can negotiate a 70$/hr fee, keep the lawyer on retainer to review your SOP and supporting docs, people on NL can help you with the rest of your application. You would probably get charged for 5-10 hours depending on how well the initial consultation goes.
Alternatively, go on the IRCC site to get a list of approved agents, there a lots of Nigerian ones, do the same as above but they’re cheaper $25-$40/hr.
Main reason I’m trying to steer you away from JR is the process of reapplication is faster, you spend less and if it’s still unsuccessful it makes more sense to spend the initial ~350$ and be sure about the quality of your application going into JR review, than spending $4k for a decision you’re not sure of, and something that could possibly be solved by just spending $350.

You mentioned your SOP getting reviewed by NL’ers .. I’ve had an SOP reviewed here, sought out about 10, was able to get help from 4. All 4 had vastly different comments, 1 was really hands on providing constructive criticisms, amending / rewriting paragraphs etc. Point of me saying that is to stress that only you can truly review your SOP, the best anyone would give you is advice gained from experience and most times it’s just structural nothing to vastly change your SOP, the onus is on you to pick and choose which advice best suits your situation. Even after getting help from NL, I reviewed my SOP with a CIC certified agent from the international centre in my school, and my final SOP after the adjustment was vastly different from my post NL review SOP. So man .. idk what else to say
I can only say thank you. Let me see if I can get strength to type and share my profile because am just down and confused.

(1) (2) (3) ... (125) (126) (127) (128) (129) (130) (131) ... (644)

UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 / Travelling To Canada Part 9

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.