Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,882 members, 7,802,850 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 11:15 PM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 - Travel (158) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 (1015681 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (155) (156) (157) (158) (159) (160) (161) ... (644) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by olalemii: 4:12pm On Jul 24, 2019
benque:
How far bro, same course at uwin for winter next year. Sponsor needs to state like 5m a year just to be sure. And bro the fees have been reviewed, it's now 30k.

Hey bro will pm you
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by NwanyiOkpa(f): 4:33pm On Jul 24, 2019
kcosam:

I believe it is academic/professional reference letter for admission purpose we are talking about here, yes?
Every reference letter is addressed to a particular individual or organization, correct?
If I may ask, what do you want to do with the original? Are you hoping to use a reference letter addressed to Mr. A for both Mr.Z? If you need a copy for yourself, then make photocopy.
My advice is; if your referee doesn't have an official email address through which to send the reference letter, the referee should print out hard copy & sign, then mail the original hardcopy to the school. You don't need it back because it's not coming back, if you need another copy the referee can simply give another copy.

Those referees that are forming BUSY.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by olaola17: 4:59pm On Jul 24, 2019
About 2 months , at least i submitted all documents 1st week in january and by february ending i got the admission.

cuteesthy:
Please how long did it take dem to give u Addmission
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by olaola17: 5:10pm On Jul 24, 2019
All the best dear, we sure do miss you here.
sillysassysally:
Hi Everyone,

I want to start by sincerely apologizing for going MIA since I got here. Life happened so fast and it didn't help that I didn't have a laptop. I have only just started settling down after all the hassle.

Landing gist...
It was pretty straightforward and didn't take time. The only question I remember the border official asking me was which school I was going to and what program. Then, of course, I was asked to show my correspondence letter and CAQ.

Canada...
I am currently attending McGill University so I'm quite comfortable speaking about Montreal.
1. French everywhere! I was so surprised - even my youtube ads changed to french! Better to start learning french to optimize your experience but if you don't speak French, it's still fine because most people are bilingual.
2. Beautiful city... people say its the best city to jaiye in Canada because things are always happening! I think last week was about Real Madrid (they are in Canada for a tour), then the week before that was jazz festival week... Needless to say, its a really fun city!

Myths people have about Canada
1. People tend to believe that once they leave Naija, they'll begin to live their best lives... It's not really true - especially if you don't have money. Since I got here, I've actually battled depression because my school work is so tedious, i don't even think I'll be able to work part-time to cover my living expenses. If you are doing a one-year program, it's possible that your schedule would be as rigorous because for most masters in Canada, its usually two years so you can imagine the "rushing" they do for one-year programs. So with no time to work, and with steady expenses, you can imagine the stress I've been going through just merely thinking about my situation. Here's my advice to those planning to come to Canada, if you cannot afford living expenses and you plan to work part-time to cover your living costs, please do a two-year program. That way, you'll have more time to spare to work and it'll be reasonable for you to work and still have enough time to commit to your academics.
2. Taxes here in Montreal are a freaking 15%! I bought my laptop and paid taxes of $114! Needless to say, buy your laptop before coming.

Things i'm grateful i did before coming here
1. I'm grateful I packed garri, indomie, etc because when you come here, expenses and bills would hit you like a hurricane - especially in the first few weeks where you have to start paying for a phone plan, rent, bus pass, feeding, etc. Im grateful for the many things i didn't have to buy because i already brought them from Nigeria - I even carried toothpaste, cream, perfume, etc. Once you come here, you'll have a lot of expenses to make that you'd be super grateful if you already have some little things sorted out.

I'm happy to answer any questions anyone has for me. smiley

Goodluck to all TRV hopefuls, University admission hopefuls and GRE/GMAT hopefuls
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by olaola17: 5:32pm On Jul 24, 2019
The original copy wouldn't be given back to you, it becomes the property of the school, its just like submitting an official transcript directly from school.

From my understanding, this advice to let your lecturers write a reference letter on the school letterhead, sealed and sent is because you mentioned that they do not use email well otherwise the reference letter would have been done via their official email.

Or if i may ask what exactly do you need the reference letter for, shey it's for the school and not for personal or employment use.

NwanyiOkpa:

You mean i should mail the original hard copy? Will they give it back to me?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by NwanyiOkpa(f): 5:35pm On Jul 24, 2019
olaola17:
The original copy wouldn't be given back to you, it becomes the property of the school, its just like submitting an official transcript directly from school.

From my understanding, this advice to let your lecturers write a reference letter on the school letterhead, sealed and sent is because you mentioned that they do not use email well otherwise the reference letter would have been done via their official email.

Or if i may ask what exactly do you need the reference letter for, shey it's for the school and not for personal or employment use.

It is for school.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by olaola17: 5:44pm On Jul 24, 2019
Ok, then you wouldn't be needing it , just ensure the reference letter is on the official letterhead, signed and sealed then sent to your school.

I wish you all the best in the process.

NwanyiOkpa:

It is for school.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by gatsbym4(m): 5:45pm On Jul 24, 2019
Update

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by kcosam: 5:57pm On Jul 24, 2019
My dear you have to put in some level of effort and persistent to get it done.

This is how I did mine:
draft a sample of the reference letter yourself as if is the referee writing it to the school, take a soft copy to the referee to view it for any correction or suggestions, then get some copies of their letterhead papers to print out the corrected version on the letterhead paper as the hardcopy, then take it along with an envelop to the referee to sign the letter and also sign the across the sealed top of the envelop.
Note: if you intend to submit application to more than one school and want to use the same referees, then you need to do the same thing for all the schools with each letter addressed to a particular school, then get him to sign them all at the same time because most of them may not have time to draft the reference letter but if you take these steps, you would relieve them from the stress and they would take you more serious.
Beware that it's you that will still have to post the letters to the schools and pay for Currier services, its part of the sacrifice if your referee doesn't have an official email. Please make the move.
NwanyiOkpa:

Those referees that are forming BUSY.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Godblesmyhustle: 7:18pm On Jul 24, 2019
Dear Hse,

has anybody gotten an "Approval" lately?

who else applied to Dal University here?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Ayodeji786: 7:37pm On Jul 24, 2019
Godblesmyhustle:
Dear Hse,

I applied to Dalhousie University, Nova Scotia but I have declined their offer since it was partial funding I was given unlike full funding i have in University of Saskatchewan and Memorial University of Newfoundland.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Blema111: 8:02pm On Jul 24, 2019
gatsbym4:
Update

Abeg na sham, they aren’t using it jawe.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by NwanyiOkpa(f): 8:03pm On Jul 24, 2019
kcosam:
My dear you have to put in some level of effort and persistent to get it done.

This is how I did mine:
draft a sample of the reference letter yourself as if is the referee writing it to the school, take a soft copy to the referee to view it for any correction or suggestions, then get some copies of their letterhead papers to print out the corrected version on the letterhead paper as the hardcopy, then take it along with an envelop to the referee to sign the letter and also sign the across the sealed top of the envelop.
Note: if you intend to submit application to more than one school and want to use the same referees, then you need to do the same thing for all the schools with each letter addressed to a particular school, then get him to sign them all at the same time because most of them may not have time to draft the reference letter but if you take these steps, you would relieve them from the stress and they would take you more serious.
Beware that it's you that will still have to post the letters to the schools and pay for Currier services, its part of the sacrifice if your referee doesn't have an official email. Please make the move.

What about if i just address it to whom it may concern?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by judisco2019: 8:20pm On Jul 24, 2019
Asking for someone. She applied for study permit as a single even though she is newly married. When her visa comes out and she moves, can she apply for the husband to join her later and what documents does she need to show. Thanks.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by kcosam: 8:34pm On Jul 24, 2019
It wouldn't look good on your application, every letter has to be addressed to a particular recipient and not to "Whom it may concern" because it's not a certificate or a declaration of sort. So if you are considering the cost of Currier to multiple schools, then try to find out from the school if they do accept a scanned copy for admission processing and when you get the offers you then chose the one you want and mail the reference letter addressed to them. Note that it has to be the exact replica of the scanned copy you sent for admission processing. And some schools may even ask that such scanned copy should come directly from the referee unofficial email (gmail, yahoomail, etc).

Better still, you should change the referee and get one that has an official email address, depending on your school but most schools will ask for at least one academic referee and others can come from career professionals who have known you for a while and they can use their official email address to send the reference letters.
NwanyiOkpa:

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by SmallerB: 8:39pm On Jul 24, 2019
Hello, please is it possible to change schools after getting to Canada. Like if after spending one semester in the initial school you get into a better program and school. Is it possible to switch ?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by chromatic: 8:50pm On Jul 24, 2019
chromatic:
Hi guys, my biometrics status changed from "we do not need your fingerprints..... " to " we need your fingerprints to process your application, check the messages below" no message below. I had my biometrics enrolment on July 2nd. I'm worried, has this happened to anyone before?

Guys, anyone have an idea about this? Should I contact CIC or I just chill to see. I did upfront and my medicals has been updated as passed, eligibility and background running concurrently.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by olalemii: 8:50pm On Jul 24, 2019
olalemii:
Hello Gurus

I’m on the verge of submitting my Application, i would like you guys to help criticise and suggest where necessary..

No travel history, No study Gap

Bsc Electronic and Computer engineering, Got admitted into Meng Electrical and Computer Engineering, NYSC was completed June 2019, I’m 23

Finance

Going to Uwindsor in Jan,2020 and my Tuition is 27,500 CAD. My Uncle in the US is my sponsor, I identified he has paid my Confirmation deposit of 4000 CAD and He also transferred living expenses of 10000 CAD to my Dom acct. In my letter of introduction of sponsor I highlighted he would be Supporting me with 4 million Naira every year for my Tuition and Living expenses (it’s a 16 months program tho) . His acct shows balance of 20m + , nolump sum

Do you guys think i can go ahead with this ?

Hello guys

I might be having an issue, I discussed the latest development with my uncle and he doesn’t seem to be able to handle that amount for now, he is suggesting if his wife can also be a co sponsor ..

If yes, would they share the same affidavit and letter of sponsorship?

Thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Blema111: 8:57pm On Jul 24, 2019
olalemii:

Hello guys

I might be having an issue, I discussed the latest development with my uncle and he doesn’t seem to be able to handle that amount for now, he is suggesting if his wife can also be a co sponsor ..

Thanks

If letter, a letter can be used for both. You can use We, Mr and Mrs....everything should be WE, then they both append their signature. But affidavit must be separated. Two persons cannot be deponents in one affidavit.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by benque: 8:59pm On Jul 24, 2019
I think she can, but wait for the gurus to weigh. What I'm sure of is, they need to have separate letters and affidavits

olalemii:

Hello guys

Thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Naijaforeigner: 8:59pm On Jul 24, 2019
ahmedio2017:

It seems you know humber college very well, please when is it likely for them to release admission list for jan2020

I don't bro.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by abusmanlouis: 9:14pm On Jul 24, 2019
chromatic:

Guys, anyone have an idea about this? Should I contact CIC or I just chill to see. I did upfront and my medicals has been updated as passed, eligibility and background running concurrently.

Oga calm down. When did you submitted your application and when did you notice your eligibility review start? Upfront Medical exam updated to passed is not a guarantee of approval! Just relax and be faithful.
For your information CIC can still send you another medical request, by then u will upload your upfront medical report.
Thank you
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by KenduMan: 10:00pm On Jul 24, 2019
Godblesmyhustle:
Dear Hse,

Dalbound Still waiting
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Saucekide25(m): 11:48pm On Jul 24, 2019
Thanks, everyone for the amazing feedback within a short while. Hopefully, I would come back here to help others too
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by mzjokky16: 4:13am On Jul 25, 2019
no approval alert lately and no changes of any other status on people's pade at all from cic since lastweek.
hmnnnn hnnmmm o.
just chilling sha cos it will end in praise,
amen
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by frickyjohn: 5:27am On Jul 25, 2019
Please I am finding it difficult to fill the forms as it is not opening on any of my computers even after installing the latest adobe.
I am in serious need of a way out. Kindly help suggest how you conquered it.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by luckyjojo: 6:02am On Jul 25, 2019
frickyjohn:
Please I am finding it difficult to fill the forms as it is not opening on any of my computers even after installing the latest adobe.
I am in serious need of a way out. Kindly help suggest how you conquered it.

Ensure you are using Internet explorer as your browser.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Nellykuch: 6:07am On Jul 25, 2019
Guys,I am looking for a room to let in London Ontario. Preferably not to far from Fanshawe
ATTN:@ Naijaforeigner ,@lassky.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Vesment: 6:26am On Jul 25, 2019
Nellykuch:
Guys,I am looking for a room to let in London Ontario. Preferably not to far from Fanshawe
ATTN:@ Naijaforeigner ,@lassky.
Contact rich Casey

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by mcobex: 6:37am On Jul 25, 2019
NwanyiOkpa:

What are you trying to hide from your former lecturers? You need their help here and you are trying to hide things from them. How will they help you without knowing the purpose for which they are writing the letter ? @kcosam has given you the best and straightforward way to go about it
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by mcobex: 6:43am On Jul 25, 2019
olalemii:

Hello guys

Thanks
It depends on what they decide on, the wife can transfer the money to you then they write a joint letter of support stating they are sponsoring you and have separately showed commitment by paying and transferring your fees to you(by stating the date they made the transactions).
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by g00dy: 7:18am On Jul 25, 2019
Kentz3:
Good day guy,please what school or programm can you advice a 2:2computer engineering graduate with experience to go for .because I knw msc is nt an option coz I knw getting MSC admission with a 2:2 in Canada is close to impossible.any school that offers a post graduate program

Please dont be discouraged by your 2:2. I also finished with a 2:2 (3.36/5) applied to a Carleton University, Ottawa got a conditional admission pending on my WES result. Did my course-by-course WES which and got 3.17/4 (B). Now I am good...resuming in September. I applied for Masters of Engineering in Technology Innovation Management but you can apply to any other school or program as long as your WES result is good. I remember being scared about my 2:2 result throughout 2016/2017 I didnt apply to any schools then, but this 2019, i gave it a shot and it clicked. All the best, bro

5 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (155) (156) (157) (158) (159) (160) (161) ... (644)

UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 / Travelling To Canada Part 9

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.