Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,283 members, 7,780,644 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 06:35 PM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 - Travel (164) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 (1004904 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (161) (162) (163) (164) (165) (166) (167) ... (644) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Ayodeji786: 11:33pm On Jul 26, 2019
eazyrely:

Please how did you go about full funding for university of Saskatchewan.
I'm a prospective student

I contacted prospective supervisors in my area of research interest. He wasn't having funding but He nominated me for the University of Saskatchewan Graduate Scholarship and I won it. He is the graduate chair of my department tho and he was the one that wrote the research proposal I used for the scholarship nomination.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by haaryobhami: 11:36pm On Jul 26, 2019
i have bsc in law (have not gone to law school yet tho)but I want to apply for an undergraduate course in university of regina,most likely a commercial course(economics or business admin).
which of d course would y'll advice I go for,u can suggest other course
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Babarinde146(m): 1:09am On Jul 27, 2019
Ibitowaoa:
Morning guys, here I’m confused.
Do you mean you submitted your application or passport.
If Application and still yet to hear from them, my advice is that you pray and still wait on their decision. Well as I can say maybe you’ve been considered.

But if passport submission and no return, I have no explanation

for paper applications you will have to submit your passport alongside biometrics thats why im still on the watch.i sent a mail and i got a response that my package is still at the Canadian Embassy...but its well sha
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Babarinde146(m): 1:14am On Jul 27, 2019
jessyeve:
They haven't started attending to June paper applicant, I'm waiting too.
omo this one Gidi gan ooooo. And resumption is in September. Izokay
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by sillysassysally(f): 1:24am On Jul 27, 2019
It’s cheaper but add tax and it’s not so cheap again

docsaj:
You're joking, thought it would be cheaper getting a laptop over there undecided

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by sillysassysally(f): 1:25am On Jul 27, 2019
All hail the CIC spy himself grin

Frankrobbn1:

Happy to have you here once again my spy wink. Your absence from this thread for couple of months was highly felt by the members of this thread. Thanks for sharing those insightful information. It was very helpful! I believe in due time you will settle very well and make Monteral your new home.

I wish you the best!

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Ebiwalo101: 1:25am On Jul 27, 2019
Review of eligibility Help - Review of eligibility

Your application is in progress. We will send you a message when we start reviewing your eligibility.

Review of medical results Help - Review of medical results

You do not need a medical exam. We will send you a message if this changes.

Review of additional documents Help - Review of additional documents

We do not need additional documents.

Interview Help - Interview

You do not need an interview. We will send you a message if this changes.

Biometrics Help - Biometrics

We do not need your fingerprints. We will send you a message if this changes.

Background check Help - Background check

We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information.

Final decision Help - Final decision

Your application is in progress. We will send you a message once the final decision has been made.

CAN SOMEONE EXPLAIN THIS I JUST LINKED MY APPLICATION ONLINE THOUGH I APPLIED WITH PAPER BUT IT TOOK MORE THAN 9WEEKS. PLEASE I NEED INTERPRETATION
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by sillysassysally(f): 1:26am On Jul 27, 2019
Thank you so much! Means a lot!

kcosam:
Hi Dear Sillysassysally,
It's wonderful to hear from you again and am happy to know you are settling in alright despite the unforseen challenges, we really missed you here. Again I want to say thank you for the heads up and I do appreciate the way you present your posts, well organized and structured making it very easy for even a layman to understand. I wish you all the best in Canada as I pray and hope to join you in Canada as well. Cheers
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by oriazowan: 6:34am On Jul 27, 2019
Please has anyone that submitted their passport for stamping in July gotten their passport back? Please when did you submit and did you get a message that the passport is ready for pick up?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by ihiteukwa: 7:12am On Jul 27, 2019
mcobex:
. What did you study for your Bsc? What are you going for(which course)? That's what I want to know because as it is your home-tie and fund is good

studied Bsc Accounting.
going for MBA.
Work in a financial institution as Head of operation
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by AkeemTy(m): 7:51am On Jul 27, 2019
Thank you very much.
Ibitowaoa:
Truth be told and my advice to you next time is to try and be brief when asking questions. It is better to have replies as long as this than questions.
Now my advice or suggestion is
1. You can only write this on SOP during u I eraity application
2. Try convince your HOD to please issue you a letter that you are almost done with your studies as you only have your thesis awaiting completion.
3. Tell him/her to please issue something like a statement of results issued by department not PG school with research still awaiting. Convince the HOD as they don’t do such with much pleading from ur supervisor. You juice it by saying you have am awaiting PhD position etc.

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Alfarrouk: 8:06am On Jul 27, 2019
Hello House,

Thank You for help so far, I'm just one step closer now.

I have been requested to submit my passport but my passport is only valid till Feb 2020.

I tried reissue or renew but it has to be valid for 6 months or less before that can happen.

School is in September. What can I do in this case? Submit the passport like that?

Thank you
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by eazyrely(m): 8:11am On Jul 27, 2019
Ayodeji786:

I contacted prospective supervisors in my area of research interest. He wasn't having funding but He nominated me for the University of Saskatchewan Graduate Scholarship and I won it. He is the graduate chair of my department tho and he was the one that wrote the research proposal I used for the scholarship nomination.
I'll send a PM, pls let's relate.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Gozychuks(m): 8:12am On Jul 27, 2019
I have searched many schools many don't have January resumption. Pls can anyone give me list of some schools with January resumption so I can check them out please.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Tvickie(f): 8:15am On Jul 27, 2019
Yes I submitted 12th and got it back yesterday
. No I didn’t get a message for pick up. I only tracked it and saw it was ready for pick up
oriazowan:
Please has anyone that submitted their passport for stamping in July gotten their passport back? Please when did you submit and did you get a message that the passport is ready for pick up?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by waynee2baba: 8:18am On Jul 27, 2019
Yeah submit it that way and you can renew it when you get to Canny
Alfarrouk:
Hello House,

Thank You for help so far, I'm just one step closer now.

I have been requested to submit my passport but my passport is only valid till Feb 2020.

I tried reissue or renew but it has to be valid for 6 months or less before that can happen.

School is in September. What can I do in this case? Submit the passport like that?

Thank you
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Alfarrouk: 8:38am On Jul 27, 2019
Thanks Man,

Any idea what the process is like there.

waynee2baba:
Yeah submit it that way and you can renew it when you get to Canny
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by ifeyemi200(f): 9:30am On Jul 27, 2019
Hello all,

I must commend you all for all the info on this thread. Thank you for helping one another. Please, I am new on this thread, and I want to ask a question on behalf of a friend. The person had applied about two weeks ago via an agent for study visa, he is so worried that he hasn't been called for biometrics. Abeg, what is the timeline for biometrics after submitting a complete application? His school resumes in September.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Purplestorm: 9:31am On Jul 27, 2019
Hi house, please is there any law graduate that went for a post graduate studies in law in Canada? Please what was the course and School?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Titollady: 9:39am On Jul 27, 2019
Hello House

I applied for Canadian student visa and was refused.
I have reapplied but I want to ask if I will need to do biometrics again.

Thank you

NwanyiOkpa:

Tenkiu�
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by ralfudoh(m): 9:43am On Jul 27, 2019
You seem to know so much about your friend and how worried he is. My friend also suggests that you should tell your to request for proof that his application was submitted (a confirmation mail from CIC, tracking number, application number, e.t.c). My friend further said that he will proceed to contact CIC and ask about it. My friend also said that you should ask your friend if he has applied to Canada in that past 12-15months and submitted his biometrics? If yes, then no need for biometrics to be submitted. My friend also said he should ask if the application was submitted online or via paper. That is what my friend said I should tell you to tell your friend.
ifeyemi200:
Hello all,

I must commend you all for all the info on this thread. Thank you for helping one another. Please, I am new on this thread, and I want to ask a question on behalf of a friend. The person had applied about two weeks ago via an agent for study visa, he is so worried that he hasn't been called for biometrics. Abeg, what is the timeline for biometrics after submitting a complete application? His school resumes in September.

13 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by pufframmy: 9:43am On Jul 27, 2019
nope your previous biometric will be linked
Titollady:
Hello House

Thank you

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by sashaa(f): 9:59am On Jul 27, 2019
ifeyemi200:
Hello all,

If it's his first application then it's possible the agent has not submitted his application. From the information on this thread, most people are asked to do biometrics after 24-48hours of submission. That's for online application. While for paper application, biometrics is done same day.
Please let him ask the agent for proof of application submission.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by ifeyemi200(f): 10:07am On Jul 27, 2019
[font=Lucida Sans Unicode][/font]very funny grin, I will screen shot your response to him.

ralfudoh:
You seem to know so much about your friend and how worried he is. My friend also suggests that you should tell your to request for proof that his application was submitted (a confirmation mail from CIC, tracking number, application number, e.t.c). My friend further said that he will proceed to contact CIC and ask about it. My friend also said that you should ask your friend if he has applied to Canada in that past 12-15months and submitted his biometrics? If yes, then no need for biometrics to be submitted. My friend also said he should ask if the application was submitted online or via paper. That is what my friend said I should tell you to tell your friend.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by ifeyemi200(f): 10:08am On Jul 27, 2019
[font=Lucida Sans Unicode][/font]Thank you for your response
sashaa:

If it's his first application then it's possible the agent has not submitted his application. From the information on this thread, most people are asked to do biometrics after 24-48hours of submission. That's for online application. While for paper application, biometrics is done same day.
Please let him ask the agent for proof of application submission.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Musty8: 10:25am On Jul 27, 2019
I am applying to Carleton University for M.A Economics and the requirements states that one must have a B+ average or higher in his/her undergraduate program. I graduated with 3.33. Am i eligible to go for this program.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Nobody: 10:26am On Jul 27, 2019
APPROVAL ALERT!!!
THANK YOU JESUS!
I've been a silent reader on this forum and I want to say a big THANK YOU to everyone contributing on this forum. This forum really gave me a feel of 'we are in this together' kind of feeling.
Timeline
Paper route
Submitted : 17th May 2019
Medical request : 20th June
Medical done at iom: 2nd July
Medical passed: 5th July
1st correspondence letter/Bvl: 22nd July
2nd Correspondence letter and updated to approval: yesterday or today but I just checked my mail this morning.
Going to pick up my passport on Monday
To all those waiting for approval, this coming week will not pass you by! Amen!

32 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by NwanyiOkpa(f): 10:46am On Jul 27, 2019
Titollady:
Hello House

Thank you

Wow congrats on your admission.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by MOBAN444(m): 10:48am On Jul 27, 2019
Many congratulations brother.

THANK YOU JESUS!
I've been a silent reader on this forum and I want to say a big THANK YOU to everyone contributing on this forum. This forum really gave me a feel of 'we are in this together' kind of feeling.
Timeline
Paper route
2nd Correspondence letter and updated to approval: yesterday or today but I just checked my mail this morning.
To all those waiting for approval, this coming week will not pass you by! Amen! [/quote]

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Vesment: 10:59am On Jul 27, 2019
congrats bro
omoh1:
APPROVAL ALERT!!!
THANK YOU JESUS!
Timeline
Paper route
To all those waiting for approval, this coming week will not pass you by! Amen!

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (161) (162) (163) (164) (165) (166) (167) ... (644)

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 / UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 / Travelling To Canada Part 9

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.