Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,559 members, 7,809,034 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 09:31 PM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 - Travel (21) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 (1018096 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) ... (644) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by kcosam: 3:19pm On Jun 13, 2019
Talanf:
Hello good afternoon house.

Is there anyone here in University of Regina, Saskatchewan?

I need information on what to do next after getting visa,

It's different methods in different schools I guess.
The next thing to do after getting visa is to pay your tuition (if you haven't done so) and register for your courses online through the UR student service portal, then book a flight and prepare for your journey. Have you gotten your Visa?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Chinonye94: 3:51pm On Jun 13, 2019
kcosam:

Congrats in advance, your testimony is sure.
Amen! Thank you
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Bracha: 4:13pm On Jun 13, 2019
Congratulations!

JefferyOH:
Hello Everyone, I’ve been silent reader on this thread for months now and i must say, it’s really a great feeling finally sharing my Approval story. I applied for study permit and my dad applied for visitors visa cause he will me accompanying me.

We applied on the 22nd March
Biometrics instruction: 23rd March
Biometrics done: 26th March
Medical Request: 8th May
Medicals Done: 15th May
Medicals passed: 23rd May

Dads Biometrics validity and PPR: 6th June
My Biometrics validity and PPR: 13th June

There’s a warm feeling in my heart.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Bracha: 4:15pm On Jun 13, 2019
Hi, you finished from UNIPORT? Wow! I did too? What course?

Sumji:
Doesn't sound right. I think there's miscommunication somewhere... It's a normal procedure (between WES and Universities) that does not require you to instruct your school. At least that's what my school told me back then (UNIPORT).

Did you go there yourself? Sounds like someone is trying to rip you off...

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Bracha: 4:17pm On Jun 13, 2019
If you get your visa, then you should go to Canada. That would be the logical progression. If you have any specific questions, please contact your school immediately. That is one of the things they are there for - helping you.

Talanf:
Hello good afternoon house.

Is there anyone here in University of Regina, Saskatchewan?

I need information on what to do next after getting visa,

It's different methods in different schools I guess.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Bracha: 4:24pm On Jun 13, 2019
If there's no visa in the passport, please send Nairobi the email. You could check your mailbox and spam folder before sending the message, just to be sure you haven't received the email they were to send to you.

[quote author=useni4james post=79292889][/quote]
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Shadypoza: 4:36pm On Jun 13, 2019
Exactly, i was already putting my documents together to reapply again after i withdraw this one. But am glad something gud finally came up. Thanks, i appreciate

richcasey:

I remember you said you'll withdraw your application in mid June. A few more days and it's mid June. Congrats!

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by MsJu: 4:48pm On Jun 13, 2019
zsuby:

It was a request. Now because it's already 30 days after medical request came in, my CIC account is show we have not received any medical results. What else can I do? I have sent them email many times but no response or update
Send the medical report you were given to the London office.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by zsuby: 4:57pm On Jun 13, 2019
MsJu:
Send the medical report you were given to the London office.
Thank you. Should I send it via email or web form
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by richcasey: 5:09pm On Jun 13, 2019
Purplestorm:
Thank you for the response, can I travel while my application is being processed?

Yes you can travel. If you get a medical request while you're away, you can go to any CIC approved panel physician closest to where you are for the medical examination.

Use this LINK to find a physician close to you.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Greatg0809: 5:13pm On Jun 13, 2019
Sorry does processing time includes weekends or just weekdays
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Talanf: 5:18pm On Jun 13, 2019
kcosam:

The next thing to do after getting visa is to pay your tuition (if you haven't done so) and register for your courses online through the UR student service portal, then book a flight and prepare for your journey. Have you gotten your Visa?

So I have my Visa already. Na just that tuition deposit I want pay. Do I have to pay all before leaving? They only asked for tuition deposit and they said I can pay the tuition before leaving if I want.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by MsJu: 5:26pm On Jun 13, 2019
zsuby:

Thank you. Should I send it via email or web form
Both.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by SeriaBravo: 5:28pm On Jun 13, 2019
Yes I got an email that there is an update on my account two days ago.I checked and it showed counterfoil attached.

I tracked this afternoon and my PPT is already with VFS.

Tlontin:
was any email sent to you?

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by OB411(m): 5:32pm On Jun 13, 2019
My gcms notes just arrived, I have looked through very carefully and it has no detail concerning the rejection. Chai after all the wait.

It's 27 pages and I have checked several times, nowhere did I find any useful info. Is this normal?

At this point I have to go ahead and apply with the generic reasons I was rejected for in the hopes that I have tackled the VO's concerns.

Reasons for rejection:

1 purpose of visit
2 Family ties within Canada & Ccountry of Residence
3 Travel history.

Documents I submitted in my initial application.

All CIC forms
SOP
Employment letter
Introduction letter from employer (acknowledging study intention)
Pay stubs
Admission letter & Confirmation letter
Letter of sponsorship-Mum
Deed Gift ( N6M) from sponsor (Mum) held up in treasury bill, invested for over a year maturity June 13 2019.
Statement of acct of sponsor (less than 1M)
Landed property doc of sponsor
House doc of sponsor
Resume
B.Tech Cert (Geophysics)
Transcript
NECO
Nysc
Birth cert
Intl passport (sponsor & I)
Police clearance report
Receipt of initial tuition deposit 1750cad
Provisional Accomodation letter (someone in Canada (non relative) taking up housing burden off me): I hope this didnt backfire.
Course of study Diploma Petroleum Engineering Technology.

Without any useful informatio from the notes, please what can I do differently to increase my chances.

I have written a detailed LOE to tackle these reasons and have as additional document gift deed for a property worth 45M from my Dad to strengthen tie.

I have only visited Egypt as int'l destination out of Nigeria.

All suggestions welcome.

Special thanks to @Frankrobbn1 & @Qudkom for initial contribution to my application.

All suggestions welcome.

Thanks.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by zsuby: 5:35pm On Jun 13, 2019
MsJu:
Both.

Thank you.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by kcosam: 6:12pm On Jun 13, 2019
Talanf:

So I have my Visa already. Na just that tuition deposit I want pay. Do I have to pay all before leaving? They only asked for tuition deposit and they said I can pay the tuition before leaving if I want.
The school has given you an option to either pay the tuition deposit before leaving niaja or hold on to pay the full/1st semester tuition after arriving Canada so the choice is yours to make. And then make your travel arrangements, have you booked your flight?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Pkay28(f): 6:26pm On Jun 13, 2019
JefferyOH:
Hello Everyone, I’ve been silent reader on this thread for months now and i must say, it’s really a great feeling finally sharing my Approval story. I applied for study permit and my dad applied for visitors visa cause he will me accompanying me.

We applied on the 22nd March
Biometrics instruction: 23rd March
Biometrics done: 26th March
Medical Request: 8th May
Medicals Done: 15th May
Medicals passed: 23rd May

Dads Biometrics validity and PPR: 6th June
My Biometrics validity and PPR: 13th June

There’s a warm feeling in my heart.

Awww, congratulations �
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Bracha: 6:30pm On Jun 13, 2019
You don't have to pay all before leaving. If the tuition deposit comes with a receipt, pay it. I'm curious to know why you want to pay only tuition deposit lol

Talanf:

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by OptimusPrime21: 6:57pm On Jun 13, 2019
SeriaBravo:
Yes I got an email that there is an update on my account two days ago.I checked and it showed counterfoil attached.

I tracked this afternoon and my PPT is already with VFS.

@tiontin, from the look of things, I feel those getting PPT are those that submitted late may.. so I won't be surprised if i don't get anything tomorrow Friday.. my mind is already set on next week but I pray Friday/Saturday, I might be lucky
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by pittoilet(f): 7:14pm On Jun 13, 2019
Please someone reply to this. A friend of mine is applying for trv too and his sponsor is his uncle and aunty. What can he use to prove their relationship?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Tlontin(m): 7:21pm On Jun 13, 2019
OptimusPrime21:

@tiontin, from the look of things, I feel those getting PPT are those that submitted late may.. so I won't be surprised if i don't get anything tomorrow Friday.. my mind is already set on next week but I pray Friday/Saturday, I might be lucky
I submitted on 31st May and noticed my current status on the portal shows UPDATEDfrom the usual SUBMITTED however I didn’t see any changes or message. It seems someone is playing with my portal just like that of canadaman. grin. Them no buy toy for the person wen he Dey small
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Pkay28(f): 8:11pm On Jun 13, 2019
Tlontin:

I submitted on 31st May and noticed my current status on the portal shows UPDATEDfrom the usual SUBMITTED however I didn’t see any changes or message. It seems someone is playing with my portal just like that of canadaman. grin. Them no buy toy for the person wen he Dey small

� � �
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Pkay28(f): 8:11pm On Jun 13, 2019
Tlontin:

grin grin grin ;

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by josmba59: 8:42pm On Jun 13, 2019
You may want to check again o.... I remember when I got my gcms note. It was about 44pages. You might want to make sure of that... However, if that is all that there is with your gcms note, then apparently this CIC people aren't being diligent with the processes.
OB411:
My gcms notes just arrived, I have looked through very carefully and it has no detail concerning the rejection. Chai after all the wait.

It's 27 pages and I have checked several times, nowhere did I find any useful info. Is this normal?

At this point I have to go ahead and apply with the generic reasons I was rejected for in the hopes that I have tackled the VO's concerns.

Reasons for rejection:

1 purpose of visit
2 Family ties within Canada & Ccountry of Residence
3 Travel history.

Documents I submitted in my initial application.

All CIC forms
SOP
Employment letter
Introduction letter from employer (acknowledging study intention)
Pay stubs
Admission letter & Confirmation letter
Letter of sponsorship-Mum
Deed Gift ( N6M) from sponsor (Mum) held up in treasury bill, invested for over a year maturity June 13 2019.
Statement of acct of sponsor (less than 1M)
Landed property doc of sponsor
House doc of sponsor
Resume
B.Tech Cert (Geophysics)
Transcript
NECO
Nysc
Birth cert
Intl passport (sponsor & I)
Police clearance report
Receipt of initial tuition deposit 1750cad
Provisional Accomodation letter (someone in Canada (non relative) taking up housing burden off me): I hope this didnt backfire.
Course of study Diploma Petroleum Engineering Technology.

Without any useful informatio from the notes, please what can I do differently to increase my chances.

I have written a detailed LOE to tackle these reasons and have as additional document gift deed for a property worth 45M from my Dad to strengthen tie.

I have only visited Egypt as int'l destination out of Nigeria.

All suggestions welcome.

Special thanks to @Frankrobbn1 & @Qudkom for initial contribution to my application.

All suggestions welcome.

Thanks.

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Hopeful2019: 8:57pm On Jun 13, 2019
Please how did you check?

I thought it should display that your passport is being processed at Canada visa office. How did you get the info below? Thanks

Tlontin:

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by pittoilet(f): 9:00pm On Jun 13, 2019
Someone help please
pittoilet:
Please someone reply to this. A friend of mine is applying for trv too and his sponsor is his uncle and aunty. What can he use to prove their relationship?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by ekekg: 9:11pm On Jun 13, 2019
Just got denied. How do I tackle the denial reasons?

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Josade69: 9:17pm On Jun 13, 2019
ekekg:
What's your application timeline.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Josade69: 9:18pm On Jun 13, 2019
ekekg:

What's your application timeline?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by OB411(m): 9:19pm On Jun 13, 2019
josmba59:
You may want to check again o.... I remember when I got my gcms note. It was about 44pages. You might want to make sure of that... However, if that is all that there is with your gcms note, then apparently this CIC people aren't being diligent with the processes.

I have checked properly, no information at all.

Really confusing.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by ekekg: 9:27pm On Jun 13, 2019
Josade69:

What's your application timeline.

---
Applied May 6 Online

(1) (2) (3) ... (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) ... (644)

UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 / Travelling To Canada Part 9 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.