Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,449 members, 7,808,604 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:09 PM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 - Travel (219) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 (1017985 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (216) (217) (218) (219) (220) (221) (222) ... (644) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by ca12: 6:53pm On Aug 14, 2019
Not yet.
Still waiting for it to be sent.
sterlingwaterlo:
have u collected ur passport?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Nobody: 6:55pm On Aug 14, 2019
Considering the application date, please how do you determine when your application has exceeded the processing time?

Do you consider the published processing time as at when you applied?

or

The current processing time for that week/period?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by SOPWriter: 6:57pm On Aug 14, 2019
gatsbym4:
So unfortunately I just got bvl
Sad tho but it's all good.
Best of luck to the rest.
So sorry about that. Please do not give up; bristle and get yourself together, correct your wrong, then get that cheap of a VISA approved.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by kpizzle: 7:00pm On Aug 14, 2019
I am going to UW. I sent u PM, please check

Jephehe:
Hi Naijas,

Anyone looking for shared accommodation in Kitchener.

A lady is looking for a female to share with her in her 2BRM.

Closer to bus stop.

For students of Conestoga and if possible Waterloo Univ. & WLU

DM
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Ayoola03(f): 7:04pm On Aug 14, 2019
No one can actually say the exact amount but all you need to do is to calculate your tuition fee and your living expenses for the period of your study. For example, if your program is 2years, calculate your tuition fee and living expenses for 2years and your SOA should be based on that. All what the VO needs to see is to make sure you have enough money to sustain yourself for the period of your study. It's better to show enough than to show less if you can.

campu:
for a single applicant coming for masters and is self sponsored, do you think an SOA with N8million is convincing enough for the VO?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Ayoola03(f): 7:06pm On Aug 14, 2019
I got your PM.

Obehi44:

This is informative.
Are you the husband or wife?
Did you apply first? Or both applied together?
If you applied first, did you travel first or you left together?
Please can I PM you?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by 4evaco: 7:10pm On Aug 14, 2019
Good evening all. Please is there anyone starting school at McMaster University this September or anybody already studying there?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Anyismake: 7:38pm On Aug 14, 2019
Please am new here and am an orthopedic technologist but since I can't actually use my certificate to apply for a job in Canada from here,how can I apply for a work permit.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by DBlessedofGod: 7:53pm On Aug 14, 2019
9th August online

ca12:
When did you apply?
Was it paper or online route?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by ca12: 7:59pm On Aug 14, 2019
Ok, I guess you also did upfront medicals too hence the reason for medicals passed.
DBlessedofGod:
9th August online

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Pachie(f): 8:24pm On Aug 14, 2019
APPROVAL ALERT!!!
First application!

Submitted paper application on the15th of May 2019
I linked my application on June 13th 2019, after which I saw that my background check and eligibility review had started. My application entered 9 weeks without a medical request. I started sending web forms and emails at the 7th week of my application. I sent emails to all the email address of the different immigration offices, although, I had a feeling that the Nairobi office were the ones processing my application. I finally got a medical request after 9weeks and some days.

Medical request: 18th July 2019
Medicals done at QLife: 1st August 2019
Medicals passed: 10th August 2019
BVL: 12th August 2019
Approval: 14th August 2019

Application profile
Admission into PhD in Applied heath sciences, University of Manitoba, Fall 2019. I secured a scholarship (University of Manitoba graduate fellowship - 18,000 CAD per year) and I also got the IGSES scholarship (5400 CAD).
School fees: 12000 CAD

Documents submitted
1. Scholarship letters from UofM (total 23,400 CAD per year)
2. Academic transcripts (MSc and BSc)
3. CV
4. SOP (3 pages)
5. SOA from my parents, with a closing balance of 9.9million.
I used my mum's business account, my dad transferred some money (lump sum) few days to when I submitted my application. What I did was to make my mum the main sponsor in my affidavit of support and I attached their marriage certificate because the landed properties were in my dad's name.
6. Affidavit of support
7. Parents' landed property documents (we do not have a C of O yet, so I attached the survey plan instead and I also included the proof of payment for the generation of the c of o)
8. Parents' business documents
9. International passport
10. Parents' and siblings' IDs
11. Academic awards gotten in secondary school and university, leadership certificates
12. Birth certificates (mine and my siblings')
13. Parents' marriage certificates
14. Admission letter
15. WAEC and NECO certificate ( I submitted both because I couldn't use either of them alone, and I was really scared it would be an issue)
16. NYSC certificate
17. CIC forms
18. Affidavit for confirmation of name from high court and customary court ( I got this because some of my documents have different ways in which my names appear, some have my first name as middle name and vice versa. I was afraid about this, I thought it would be an issue because I was told that they can deny people visa because of things like this, but I thank God that it worked out)

I want to sincerely thank God Almighty. I was very worried because I had submitted my application weeks before I found out about this wonderful platform, and after reading through people's comments, I knew that my application wasn't tight at all. There were a lot of things that I didn't include, and I had a lot of red flags. I got my international passport march 2019 and that was my first ever, so you can imagine how suspicious that would have looked. No travel history at all, I had issues with my name, the program I applied for was different from my undergraduate and masters program, I used both my waec and neco results, I didn't explain the lump sum in the SOA I submitted and I also did not submit my personal account statement or any landed property. All I did was to make sure I explained in my sop that I'm very passionate about making a difference upon my return to Nigeria, and that I believe I would be able to achieve that by doing the program I had applied for in that particular school . God is really wonderful because even though I showed no proof of return other than my family ties, He still did it!
Thanks to all the gurus and friends on this wonderful platform. You guys are all so amazing, I really learnt a lot. God bless you!!
To all those still waiting for results, God will speedily deliver your approvals in Jesus name.
God bless you

43 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by DiamondFM: 8:26pm On Aug 14, 2019
Gurus in the houx please I need advise on this, An agent did Canada visa application for me on the month of "may 2019" and was denial June 2019 reasons begin that 1) family ties in Canada and country of residence and also 2) because of d unemployment rate in my country. But I am married with two Kids but it seems like the agent did not include my family information to my application because he didn't request for any birthday certificates or marriage certificate from me before submitting the application, I intend resubmitting the application soonest and I intend to include my children birth certificates and our marriage certificate as well this time around, I don't know if it will raise any eyebrow if I do. please I need an advise as soon as possible gurus in the house.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by pittoilet(f): 8:40pm On Aug 14, 2019
SOPWriter:

That's a good idea.
Since you indicated NYSC as your present Job, then you should include your CV in your next application. Secondly, so far you have no study gap, you have nothing to worry about concerning that Job Column.

The third denial reason: it's not necessary to do that; you have a sponsor who is directly related to you, so, present his. However, since you already stated NYSC as employment, you can attach your NYSC allowance statement (if there's one).

OK this is very useful. Thank you very much.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Stevenssen(m): 8:47pm On Aug 14, 2019
rugged2k2:
Good day everyone, please gurus in the house I need some guidance, am married but my account is more robust than my husband own. Must one have a sponsor if you can sponsor yourself what is your chance.
Yes, you can sponsor yourself but you must show proof of funds for the total duration of your studies.

If you are using your husband as your sponsor, you will only need to show proof of funds for a year. However, be aware that the VO will take your kids (if you have) into account, and if your husband will be financially able to sponsor you, while catering for them.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Ayoola03(f): 9:25pm On Aug 14, 2019
Congratulations dear.

Pachie:
APPROVAL ALERT!!!
First application!

I linked my application on June 13th 2019, after which I saw that my background check and eligibility review had started. My application entered 9 weeks without a medical request. I started sending web forms and emails at the 7th week of my application. I sent emails to all the email address of the different immigration offices, although, I had a feeling that the Nairobi office were the ones processing my application. I finally got a medical request after 9weeks and some days.

Application profile
Admission into PhD in Applied heath sciences, University of Manitoba, Fall 2019. I secured a scholarship (University of Manitoba graduate fellowship - 18,000 CAD per year) and I also got the IGSES scholarship (5400 CAD).

Documents submitted
3. CV
4. SOP (3 pages)
I used my mum's business account, my dad transferred some money (lump sum) few days to when I submitted my application. What I did was to make my mum the main sponsor in my affidavit of support and I attached their marriage certificate because the landed properties were in my dad's name.
6. Affidavit of support
7. Parents' landed property documents (we do not have a C of O yet, so I attached the survey plan instead and I also included the proof of payment for the generation of the c of o)
11. Academic awards gotten in secondary school and university, leadership certificates
14. Admission letter
15. WAEC and NECO certificate ( I submitted both because I couldn't use either of them alone, and I was really scared it would be an issue)
16. NYSC certificate
17. CIC forms
18. Affidavit for confirmation of name from high court and customary court ( I got this because some of my documents have different ways in which my names appear, some have my first name as middle name and vice versa. I was afraid about this, I thought it would be an issue because I was told that they can deny people visa because of things like this, but I thank God that it worked out)

I want to sincerely thank God Almighty. I was very worried because I had submitted my application weeks before I found out about this wonderful platform, and after reading through people's comments, I knew that my application wasn't tight at all. There were a lot of things that I didn't include, and I had a lot of red flags. I got my international passport march 2019 and that was my first ever, so you can imagine how suspicious that would have looked. No travel history at all, I had issues with my name, the program I applied for was different from my undergraduate and masters program, I used both my waec and neco results, I didn't explain the lump sum in the SOA I submitted and I also did not submit my personal account statement or any landed property. All I did was to make sure I explained in my sop that I'm very passionate about making a difference upon my return to Nigeria, and that I believe I would be able to achieve that by doing the program I had applied for in that particular school . God is really wonderful because even though I showed no proof of return other than my family ties, He still did it!
Thanks to all the gurus and friends on this wonderful platform. You guys are all so amazing, I really learnt a lot. God bless you!!
To all those still waiting for results, God will speedily deliver your approvals in Jesus name.
God bless you

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by SOPWriter: 9:58pm On Aug 14, 2019
Pachie:
APPROVAL ALERT!!!
First application!

Application profile

Documents submitted
3. CV
4. SOP (3 pages)
6. Affidavit of support
14. Admission letter
16. NYSC certificate
17. CIC forms

God bless you
Congratulations.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by g00dy: 10:28pm On Aug 14, 2019
Congratulations, pls share the emails addresses you sent emails to...thanks

Pachie:
APPROVAL ALERT!!!
First application!

Application profile
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by FOBMAT: 10:41pm On Aug 14, 2019
I applied for January intake in Canada since may 2019, till now I have not seen any admission do I need to worry ?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by FOBMAT: 10:50pm On Aug 14, 2019
Congratulations, but I applied for master program in university of Manitoba since may 2019 for January 2020 intake till now no admission gotten yet
Pachie:
APPROVAL ALERT!!!
First application!

Application profile

Documents submitted
3. CV
4. SOP (3 pages)
6. Affidavit of support
14. Admission letter
16. NYSC certificate
17. CIC forms

God bless you
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by mcobex: 10:52pm On Aug 14, 2019
DiamondFM:
Gurus in the houx please I need advise on this, An agent did Canada visa application for me on the month of "may 2019" and was denial June 2019 reasons begin that 1) family ties in Canada and country of residence and also 2) because of d unemployment rate in my country. But I am married with two Kids but it seems like the agent did not include my family information to my application because he didn't request for any birthday certificates or marriage certificate from me before submitting the application, I intend resubmitting the application soonest and I intend to include my children birth certificates and our marriage certificate as well this time around, I don't know if it will raise any eyebrow if I do. please I need an advise as soon as possible gurus in the house.
Feel free to include them this time. But hope the agent didn't say you are single?

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by SOPWriter: 11:19pm On Aug 14, 2019
DiamondFM:
Meet with that agent and request every detail that was previously submitted: this is necessary to avoid being charged for misinformation as a result of complete different details.
You really cannot trust this agents.

Very Important

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Demmzy15(m): 11:22pm On Aug 14, 2019
Please can anyone show how a good letter to a prospective supervisor requesting he accepts and funds you for a thesis based Masters.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Demmzy15(m): 11:42pm On Aug 14, 2019
I don't how feasible it is to get admission, I'm yet to apply and the deadline for winter is September 1. It's a thesis based masters program in biomedical engineering.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by gentlepal2k: 12:50am On Aug 15, 2019
DBlessedofGod:
Anyone else who applied this August experience same?

I applied on the 3rd of August and my eligibility and background check has started running too but no upfront medicals .
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by DBlessedofGod: 12:58am On Aug 15, 2019
Good to know am not alone, I guess if you had done upfront medicals it would have been updated too. let's keep praying for the best

gentlepal2k:

I applied on the 3rd of August and my eligibility and background check has started running too but no upfront medicals .
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by DrDax: 5:58am On Aug 15, 2019
Ayoola03:

Student Visa is the stamp.on your passport, study permit will be issued at the POE which serves as a legal document that allows you to study and work part time while TRV is still the same as student visa. All still falls under same category/meaning.

Your spouse will be issued a work permit which will be the same expiry date as your study visa, your spouse can work full time with her permit.

I came in with my spouse too, he landed his dream job 1 month after his arrival, which is a full time position (with work permit status) and we got our PR few months after I started schooling, which reduced my tuition fee from $8000 per term to $2000, he was the PA tho' so your status or your wife's status doesnt stop your from applying for your PR infact it's a plus for you because in most cases, the PR processing time is always faster for people who are already in canada, our application took just 2months. Start your processing immediately you land when you already know you meet the requirements because:

1. Election is coming up in October and there is high probability that the immigration policies might change/become strict which may affect so many people especially those that dont have a Canadian degree and again, the signs can be clearly seen from the recent CRS scores which refused to come down. (We saw this coming that was why we started immediately we landed, when life was still good, we got an ITA with a CRS score of 444).

2. You avoid paying too much for the health insurance coverage for your wife and children unless your wife is able to get a very good job.

3. It will also increase your wife's chances of getting a permanent job easily with a PR status.

If you are planning to come with your family, you will need to increase your SOA based on LICO ( low income cut off) you can check the cic website for further details which also depends on the size of your family. Try to increase the balance to avoid stories that touch.

Other gurus in the house will talk on the areas I left untouched kiss all the best!

Hi,

The proof of funds aspect.

How much is minimum funding acceptable for a family of four?

I'm beginning to think my 5m will not cut it at all.

The cic website stated something about "additional funds outside of tuition" being $17,000 per annum.

If that be the case, then one would be needing over N20m for a four year course!!??

any tips for me?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Pachie(f): 6:04am On Aug 15, 2019
g00dy:
Congratulations, pls share the emails addresses you sent emails to...thanks

ralfudoh:
Send to:
LDNIMMIGRATION@international.gc.ca
accraimmigration@international.gc.ca
nairobi@international.gc.ca
lagos.immigration@international.gc.ca
accra.immigration@international.gc.ca
nrobi-immigration@international.gc.ca
abu-dhabi-im-enquiry@international.gc.ca
ankara-im-enquiry@international.gc.ca
london-im-enquiry@international.gc.ca

Also do the webform thing, choose Lagos as application office.

Most of all, remember to add !URGENT! in your subject. Also add your CIC specific infos (UCI, Application number, date of birth and passport number) for easy tracing of your application. The sweet thing is that the concerned office will treat your request. The others will reply telling you the specific office handling you application and advice u channel your request to them. I hope this helps. It worked for me.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by gatsbym4(m): 7:12am On Aug 15, 2019
So refusal dropped yesterday
Deferring admission to January

Thank you for your interest in studying in Canada. After careful review of your study permit application and supporting documentation, I have determined that your application does not meet the requirements of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act (IRPA) and Immigration and Refugee Protection Regulations (IRPR). I am refusing your application on the following grounds:
• I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay, as stipulated in subsection 216(1) of the IRPR, based on your family ties in Canada and in your country of residence.
• I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay, as stipulated in subsection 216(1) of the IRPR, based on the purpose of your visit.
• I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay, as stipulated in subsection 216(1) of the IRPR, based on your personal assets and financial status.
You are welcome to reapply if you feel that you can respond to these concerns and can demonstrate that your situation meets the requirements. All new applications must be accompanied by a new processing fee.
TABLE OF CONTENT FOR APPLICATION

LETTER OF ACCEPTANCE FIELD
• NBCC LETTER OF ACCEPTANCE
• UNIVERSITY NOTIFICATION OF RESULT
• BIRTH CERTIFICATE
• TRANSCRIPT
• NYSC CERTIFICATE
• WAEC CERTIFICATE
• RECEIPT OF DEPOSIT PAYMENT

FINANCIAL SUPPORT FIELD: AUNT AND UNCLE
UNCLE
• LETTER OF SPONSORSHIP
• PAY SLIP
• TAX DOCUMENT
• DRIVERS LICENCE / HEALTHCARD
• FAMILY REUNION PARTY PICTURE WITH UNCLE
AUNT
• LETTER OF SPONSORSHIP
• AFFIDAVIT OF SUPPORT
• STATEMENT OF ACCOUNT
• CAC DOCUMENTS
• BIRTH CERTIFICATE
• PICTURES WITH AUNT

CLIENT INFORMATION FIELD
• APPLICATION TABLE OF CONTENT
• STATEMENT OF PURPOSE
• EMPLOYMENT LETTTER
• LETTER OF INTRODUCTION
• LEAVE OF STUDY
• WORK ID
• RECOMMENDATION LETTER
• RESUME
• POLICE CHARACTER CERTIFICATE
• PAYSLIP ( March, April, May )
• GIFTDEED / LAND SURVEY DOCUMENT
• BIRTH CERTIFICATE – DAD, MUM, TWO BROTHERS
• MY BANK STATEMENT
• PENSION STATEMENT OF ACCOUNT (DAD)
• LETTER FROM FATHER.

So please anyone wishing to help my next application? Would really appreciate it.
All my gurus, don't wanna mention names.
Please kindly contribute.
Thank you.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by OliviaPretty9: 8:17am On Aug 15, 2019
Good day beautiful people.
I need a big favour.
I have searched, searched and still searching for Scholarship (any country in Europe )...Practically anywhere outside Africa and Asia.

I have a cgpa of 4.1/5.0
Course - Mathematics related.

Please any link would be appreciated.
I believe someone here has the information I seek.

I am pleading.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Mfondara: 8:19am On Aug 15, 2019
gentlepal2k:

Please for which intake, Fall '19 or Winter '20?

(1) (2) (3) ... (216) (217) (218) (219) (220) (221) (222) ... (644)

UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 / Travelling To Canada Part 9 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 105
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.