Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,414 members, 7,808,473 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 12:29 PM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 - Travel (221) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 (1017961 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (218) (219) (220) (221) (222) (223) (224) ... (644) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by makano: 11:30am On Aug 15, 2019
It wont raise any eyebrow, it will even work for you putting in their details cos that will make u have a very strong Home ties in ur home country.. You may just write in ur SOP/LOE that you didnt include these documents in ur previous application cos u thought it wasnt necessary (You can write it in ur way tho).. BUT PLEASE NOTE, HOPE THE AGENT DIDNT TERM U AS SINGLE IN UR PREVIOUS APPLICATION, COS IF DT HAPPENS THEN THAT CAN BE A BIG CHALLENGE, UR MARRIAGE CERTIFICATE WILL SNITCH YOU... I hope u understand what I mean? Peace
DiamondFM:
Gurus in the houx please I need advise on this, An agent did Canada visa application for me on the month of "may 2019" and was denial June 2019 reasons begin that 1) family ties in Canada and country of residence and also 2) because of d unemployment rate in my country. But I am married with two Kids but it seems like the agent did not include my family information to my application because he didn't request for any birthday certificates or marriage certificate from me before submitting the application, I intend resubmitting the application soonest and I intend to include my children birth certificates and our marriage certificate as well this time around, I don't know if it will raise any eyebrow if I do. please I need an advise as soon as possible gurus in the house.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Olayemi360: 11:31am On Aug 15, 2019
Yes I received letter of introduction last week
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by ca12: 11:32am On Aug 15, 2019
you can submit medicals with your application. usually called upfront medicals.
this is a thing of choice, it is not a must
Note: this does not affect your visa processing, one can choose to play safe by waiting for a medical request from CIC officially before going for the test as this is a sign of good news coming.
Also, doing upfront medical which is submitting your medical with your application can turn out positive as one would not need to go for medicals again when the medical request comes.

It's all a function of choice.
jeff1980:
Good morning , pls I need an advice on medical test. I was told I need to summit my medical along with my application. I dont know how true or important it is if I summit medical with d application or if I dont . Thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by ca12: 11:32am On Aug 15, 2019
paper or online route?
Olayemi360:
Yes I received letter of introduction last week

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by ca12: 11:34am On Aug 15, 2019
yes, but you need to get the gcm notes. Please don't rush into writing your SOP again without gcm notes.
gatsbym4:
Please who can help review my SOP

THIS TIME I WANTU GET IT RIGHT.

ABEG

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Olayemi360: 11:37am On Aug 15, 2019
Paper
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Mykman1202: 11:38am On Aug 15, 2019
Please how many weeks before you got your LOI @olayemi360?.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by ca12: 11:43am On Aug 15, 2019
Just to understand
So you got approval and then letter of introduction from where pls
Do you need this letter of introduction before you get your passport
Is this letter of introduction the same as the letter you got after biometric verification letter
Olayemi360:
Paper
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by gatsbym4(m): 11:43am On Aug 15, 2019
ca12:
yes, but you need to get the gcm notes. Please don't rush into writing your SOP again without gcm notes.

I'll wait then
Thank you for your time
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by ca12: 11:45am On Aug 15, 2019
You welcome.

Pls other gurus should assist with information

gatsbym4:

I'll wait then
Thank you for your time
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Olayemi360: 11:48am On Aug 15, 2019
Got my approval on 9th August, LOI came 10th August 2019
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by yacha77: 11:49am On Aug 15, 2019
gatsbym4:

I'll wait then
Thank you for your time
Unfortunately it seems this refusal came same with others. I fear gcms might also be generic. The usual # vague and poorly documented #

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Olayemi360: 11:51am On Aug 15, 2019
Letter of Introduction and letter of bio metrics are two different letters, once your application is approved, you would get the letter of introduction on your CIC account. The letter of introduction is to be presented at the point of entry
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by JustMellow: 11:56am On Aug 15, 2019
gatsbym4:
So refusal dropped yesterday
Deferring admission to January

Thank you for your interest in studying in Canada. After careful review of your study permit application and supporting documentation, I have determined that your application does not meet the requirements of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act (IRPA) and Immigration and Refugee Protection Regulations (IRPR). I am refusing your application on the following grounds:
• I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay, as stipulated in subsection 216(1) of the IRPR, based on your family ties in Canada and in your country of residence.
• I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay, as stipulated in subsection 216(1) of the IRPR, based on the purpose of your visit.
• I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay, as stipulated in subsection 216(1) of the IRPR, based on your personal assets and financial status.
You are welcome to reapply if you feel that you can respond to these concerns and can demonstrate that your situation meets the requirements. All new applications must be accompanied by a new processing fee.
TABLE OF CONTENT FOR APPLICATION

LETTER OF ACCEPTANCE FIELD
• NBCC LETTER OF ACCEPTANCE
• UNIVERSITY NOTIFICATION OF RESULT
• BIRTH CERTIFICATE
• TRANSCRIPT
• NYSC CERTIFICATE
• WAEC CERTIFICATE
• RECEIPT OF DEPOSIT PAYMENT

FINANCIAL SUPPORT FIELD: AUNT AND UNCLE
UNCLE
• LETTER OF SPONSORSHIP
• PAY SLIP
• TAX DOCUMENT
• DRIVERS LICENCE / HEALTHCARD
• FAMILY REUNION PARTY PICTURE WITH UNCLE
AUNT
• LETTER OF SPONSORSHIP
• AFFIDAVIT OF SUPPORT
• STATEMENT OF ACCOUNT
• CAC DOCUMENTS
• BIRTH CERTIFICATE
• PICTURES WITH AUNT

CLIENT INFORMATION FIELD
• APPLICATION TABLE OF CONTENT
STATEMENT OF PURPOSE
• EMPLOYMENT LETTTER
• LETTER OF INTRODUCTION
• LEAVE OF STUDY
• WORK ID
• RECOMMENDATION LETTER
• RESUME
• POLICE CHARACTER CERTIFICATE
• PAYSLIP ( March, April, May )
• GIFTDEED / LAND SURVEY DOCUMENT
• BIRTH CERTIFICATE – DAD, MUM, TWO BROTHERS
• MY BANK STATEMENT
• PENSION STATEMENT OF ACCOUNT (DAD)
• LETTER FROM FATHER.

So please anyone wishing to help my next application? Would really appreciate it.
All my gurus, don't wanna mention names.
Please kindly contribute.
Thank you.

I think the bolded (SOP) is a major factor for the refusal. Re-draft it and also include a LOE. You Uncle shouldn't write a "Letter of Sponsorship" but a Letter of Support.

In your SOP, connects all the documents in it to show a proper level of establishment to convince the VO of your home ties and economic standings in your home country. BTW request for your gcms notes.

With the documents you showed, it seems good but what was the commitment showed apart from the tuition deposit. This time, get your LE to be in your account.

When writing SOP, the application of critical thinking and cogent reasoning matters a lot. Anybody can write so don't just write.

All the best!

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by gatsbym4(m): 11:57am On Aug 15, 2019
yacha77:
Unfortunately it seems this refusal came same with others. I fear gcms might also be generic. The usual # vague and poorly documented #

Yeah, then I'll know I need a banging banging SOP... grin
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by gentlepal2k: 12:00pm On Aug 15, 2019
Mfondara:

Please for which intake, Fall '19 or Winter '20?

Fall October
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by waynee2baba: 12:01pm On Aug 15, 2019
How does Writer, Graphics Artist, Website Designer relate to Psychology? sad Purpose of visit and your SOP has grammatical issues
smod10:
I applied for Bachelor‭s program and I got denied but I’d really like to reapply.

Here are the reasons the VO gave for denial
I am refusing your application on the following grounds:
• I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay, as stipulated in subsection 216(1) of the IRPR, based on your family ties in Canada and in your country of residence.
• I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay, as stipulated in subsection 216(1) of the IRPR, based on the purpose of your visit.
• I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay, as stipulated in subsection 216(1) of the IRPR, based on your personal assets and financial status

I have attached my SOP that also consists of the documents I submitted.

https://docs.google.com/file/d/1D51-UVfaEsIdvIbkkY4eWueO0c2mcwlp/edit?usp=docslist_api&filetype=msword

I will be glad if there are any help. I have another resumption date. January 2020....

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by ca12: 12:01pm On Aug 15, 2019
Ok I got the two, thought you were referring to something else. Is there any stated timeline for passport to be sent from the day of letter of introduction?
I always thought it was random.

We both have the same timeline.
Olayemi360:
Letter of Introduction and letter of bio metrics are two different letters, once your application is approved, you would get the letter of introduction on your CIC account. The letter of introduction is to be presented at the point of entry
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by gatsbym4(m): 12:03pm On Aug 15, 2019
JustMellow:

I think the bolded (SOP) is a major factor for the refusal. Re-draft it and also include a LOE. You Uncle shouldn't write a "Letter of Sponsorship" but a Letter of Support.

In your SOP, connects all the documents in it to show a proper level of establishment to convince the VO of your home ties and economic standings in your home country. BTW request for your gcms notes.

With the documents you showed, it seems good but what was the commitment showed apart from the tuition deposit. This time, get your LE to be in your account.

When writing SOP, the application of critical thinking and cogent reasoning matters a lot. Anybody can write so don't just write.

All the best!

Bro
I once sent you my SOP , you told me to change some things and send back to you but when I did, I guess you were busy so I had to submit like that.
I guess this time you will be of help.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by ca12: 12:04pm On Aug 15, 2019
Lol cheesy
waynee2baba:
How does Writer, Graphics Artist, Website Designer relate to Psychology? sad Purpose of visit and your SOP has grammatical issues

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by JustMellow: 12:05pm On Aug 15, 2019
Mandyknows:
Good morning everyone. Please can I use fixed deposit certificates as proof of funds, without including my statement of account. I however plan to include my payslips, employment letter, letter of introduction from employer. Please, will this be an issue?

Its best to apply with a liquid cash in bank. However, few others might have gotten a positive decision with just the fix deposit as a proof of funds under due or certain circumstances, but ideally, I personally won't advised on using just a fix deposit to apply especially if the person's level of establishment or other financial aspects isn't satisfying.

I believe you can now sought out your answer.

All the best!
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by JustMellow: 12:06pm On Aug 15, 2019
Kishkosh:
Good day everyone, pls for those that have travelled, were you stopped at any border (African border and otherwise) for the immunisation yellow card?

No, you won't but if you have then go with it. No worries.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by JustMellow: 12:12pm On Aug 15, 2019
mroyato:
Guys a quick question here. Can a signed/sealed letter of sponsorship from the government of a state suffice as proof of fund?

Without the liquid funds, No. Only a promissory letter won't suffice expect if the scheme or programme has been ongoing between the two governments for a while otherwise don't take that risk of applying without the necessary financial involvement or show.

Good luck!
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Kishkosh: 12:18pm On Aug 15, 2019
JustMellow:

No, you won't but if you have then go with it. No worries.

Thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by waynee2baba: 12:23pm On Aug 15, 2019
The dude's SOP had noticeable blunders (use of 'is' instead of 'are', etc) and other grammatical errors like unnecessary use of capital letters coupled with minor mistakes of putting $ and CAD in one sentence. e.g ($10,000 CAD). His reason for choosing Canada over the US, UK etc were vague and weak. His reasons for switching from web design, printing etc to psychology wasn't even convincing. Man even included all his IT-related certificates as part of his personal documents for a course in Psychology. He said Psychology would improve his entrepreneurship skills.. HOWWWW? Dude's SOP showed his passion of going into Business, Computing and Psychology... all at once. OP should have just applied for a BSc in Computing-related areas considering his IT certifications. To cap it all, I think his SOP was the major reason he got denied. *MY OPINION*
ca12:
Lol cheesy

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by waynee2baba: 12:23pm On Aug 15, 2019
Duplicate ^^^
ca12:
Lol cheesy
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by waynee2baba: 12:29pm On Aug 15, 2019
@smod10
waynee2baba:
The dude's SOP had noticeable blunders (use of 'is' instead of 'are', etc) and other grammatical errors like unnecessary use of capital letters coupled with minor mistakes of putting $ and CAD in one sentence. e.g ($10,000 CAD). His reason for choosing Canada over the US, UK etc were vague and weak. His reasons for switching from web design, printing etc to psychology wasn't even convincing. Man even included all his IT-related certificates as part of his personal documents for a course in Psychology. He said Psychology would improve his entrepreneurship skills.. HOWWWW? Dude's SOP showed his passion of going into Business, Computing and Psychology... all at once. OP should have just applied for a BSc in Computing-related areas considering his IT certifications. To cap it all, I think his SOP was the major reason he got denied. *MY OPINION*
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Blema111: 12:34pm On Aug 15, 2019
smod10:
I applied for Bachelor‭s program and I got denied but I’d really like to reapply.

Here are the reasons the VO gave for denial
I am refusing your application on the following grounds:
• I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay, as stipulated in subsection 216(1) of the IRPR, based on your personal assets and financial status

I have attached my SOP that also consists of the documents I submitted.

https://docs.google.com/file/d/1D51-UVfaEsIdvIbkkY4eWueO0c2mcwlp/edit?usp=docslist_api&filetype=msword

I will be glad if there are any help. I have another resumption date. January 2020....
You need to work on your SOP. It was disjointed, there was no flow, no connection. Why psychology when you have all those knowledge in web design and all that?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by JustMellow: 12:52pm On Aug 15, 2019
gatsbym4:

Bro
I once sent you my SOP , you told me to change some things and send back to you but when I did, I guess you were busy so I had to submit like that.
I guess this time you will be of help.

If I am free, why not.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by SOPWriter: 1:04pm On Aug 15, 2019
jeff1980:
Good morning , pls I need an advice on medical test. I was told I need to summit my medical along with my application. I dont know how true or important it is if I summit medical with d application or if I dont . Thanks
If your application will be approved, the former makes an application faster.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Oluwaloseyi66: 1:09pm On Aug 15, 2019
Please house I need help !!....What’s the difference between correspondence letter and Bvl ....I got a correspondence letter Abeg oh
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by SOPWriter: 1:18pm On Aug 15, 2019
gatsbym4:
Please who can help review my SOP

THIS TIME I WANTU GET IT RIGHT.

ABEG
Certainly, you will!

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (218) (219) (220) (221) (222) (223) (224) ... (644)

UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 / Travelling To Canada Part 9 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.