Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,385 members, 7,781,104 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 08:58 AM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 - Travel (256) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 (1005063 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (253) (254) (255) (256) (257) (258) (259) ... (644) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by JennyKadry2: 2:25pm On Aug 24, 2019
Months back I posted about my niece who got her visa in January a month after application. I am her sponsor.

Landing gist

Booking her a flight was hectic. The only airlines I saw that did not require a transit visa was Egypt and Ethopian. I tried Emirates but no way so I opted for Egypt. Her flight left Lagos at around 2 with a layover of just below 5 hours in Cairo. She got to Toronto in the morning.

VO; What's your name
Niece: xyz
VO: Why are you in Canada?
Niece:to study
VO: Have you paid fees
Niece: No
VO: why
Niece: due by first day of class
VO: but you should still have paid
Niece: but I have until the 1st day of class so I can still pay anytime
VO: Hmmm you are bold
Niece: thanks
VO: bank statement please
Niece: *hands him bank statement*
VO: how are you related to your sponsor
Niece: she's my aunt
VO: okay. Welcome to Canada here is your study permit

I hope this helps. I am so proud of my niece. I was supppsed to meet her in Nigeria and fly to Toronto with her but I couldn't ad planned so I prepped her over the phone.

I hope this helps someone

13 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by dips4real(m): 2:56pm On Aug 24, 2019
Good afternoon NL. I am new here and infact, this is my first post.

I got admission to lambton college to study pgd in advanced health care leadership (2020 January resumption). After, I applied for my study visa June 7, 2019 and June 28, got my refusal letter. 2 REASONS: NOT SATISFIED YOU WILL LEAVE CANADA BASED ON TRAVEL HISTORY AND PURPOSE OF VISIT.

I repackaged myself, add all necessary documents, well written SOP, etc and submitted my application again July 16, 2019 and I requested for my GCMS report for the first refusal July 17( still waiting for report though) and just 4 days ago, August 20 precisely got a refusal letter again. 2 REASONS: NOT SATISFIED YOU WILL LEAVE CANADA BASED ON YOUR FAMILY TIES IN CANADA AND YOUR COUNTRY OF RESIDENCE ; BASED ON YOUR PURPOSE OF VISIT.

More information about my application, I graduated from OAU Ile Ife, 2010 from department of Medical Rehabilitation (Occupational Therapy Option). Did my internship in OAUTHC Ile Ife and went to Kaduna for my nysc ; completed all between 2011 and 2012. I started working with Medical Rehabilitation Therapists Board of Nigeria in 2013 till date. Married with two kids and they are not traveling with me and I have been given study leave at work.

To the best of my knowledge and ability, I perfected my application based on the knowledge gained from this people here in Nigeria, Canada,etc. I think I would not have done more than what I did as
1, I have sufficient funds in my account. 
2, my home tie is my wife and two kids which I included there birth certificate, my siblings here, work, etc
3, evidence of landed properties and government consents.
4, Employment letter, letter of introduction from work, study leave agreement duly notorised and sealed. Promotion letters, work ID card, tax clearance card,
5, pension statements of accounts, 
And many more

But I guess may be my age is the problem (37... Born February 1,1982). I maybe wrong though.

While waiting for my GCMS note of my first refusal to specifically tackle if possible the third time, i sincerely thank all the intellectuals on this forum for their sefless and indifatigable efforts in helping out as at when needed. In fact, there is no better place to gain TRV knowledge than this forum.

I HOPE FOR YOUR ADVICE ASAP. THANKS

THE DOCUMENTS IS SUBMITTED TO CIC AS BEEN EMAILED TO BY THE GCMS REPORT ISSUER(22N AUGUST, 2019) BUT THEY SAID THE DETAILED REFUSAL REPORT WILL COME AS SOON AS THEY GET IT( I DONT KNOW WHAT THEY MEAN SHA). Anyway I'm waiting for it
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by benque: 3:47pm On Aug 24, 2019
Hi guys. Please I need your suggestion. Sponsors' statement is 160 pages and turned out to be 25mb. What do you suggest I do? I'm afraid trying to compress to 4mb might reduce the integrity of the images.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by nicerichard05: 4:46pm On Aug 24, 2019
benque:
Hi guys. Please I need your suggestion. Sponsors' statement is 160 pages and turned out to be 25mb. What do you suggest I do? I'm afraid trying to compress to 4mb might reduce the integrity of the images.

I had same issues buh I ended up applying via paper route.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by niskill: 5:17pm On Aug 24, 2019
favoured2018:
Hello everyone
I have been a very silent reader for years. Been following patiently. I'm sorry I haven't been active here, but I would be very unfair if i keep this to my self

*Approval Alert*
So I applied June 18 paper route
Linked online June 19
Upfront medicals, first time applicant, travel history is only Ghana for 2 days before I submitted
Aug 14, medicals passed
Aug 14, bvl
Aug 19, approved
Aug 19 ready for collection.

I submitted all documents requested for
My dad and mums statement
Paid $8000 cad tuition deposit
Landed doc
Cac
Sop
Police clearance
IOM upfront medicals

I want to encourage everyone waiting for approvals. From june till Aug were the longest in my life. But I never blamed God. Whenever the thought of what if comes up. I just give thanks.
Stay hopeful.
God bless you all

Anyone going to fanshawe, I need accommodation pls,
Thanks

congrats.
please which agent helped you in applying for fanshawe college. I got some agents contacts for Nigeria from the college but the agents I messaged are not replying my mail. I want to help a brother apply for January 2020 admission now. thanks.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Nobleman61: 5:38pm On Aug 24, 2019
Happy weekend everyone grin
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Blema111: 5:51pm On Aug 24, 2019
Nobleman61:
Happy weekend everyone grin
Thanks but the weekend no funny jawe...I just they vex for CIC. Last week of the month, sweet Lord.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by sillysassysally(f): 6:10pm On Aug 24, 2019
PLease who is coming or knows anyone that’s coming to Montreal, Toronto or Ottawa ?

Please this is very urgent!
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Ayodeji786: 6:20pm On Aug 24, 2019
Blema111:

Thanks but the weekend no funny jawe...I just they vex for CIC. Last week of the month, sweet Lord.

It's well blessing. Let keep looking upto God dear.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Nobleman61: 6:28pm On Aug 24, 2019
Blema111:

Las las you’ll be fine
Just chill, remove your mind their
Pray harder
Cheers
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Oluwaseunbd(f): 6:33pm On Aug 24, 2019
Good day my people,please can one switch from a 2year program to a 1year program after arriving in Canada?what happens to the remaining 1year on my study permit if I eventually switch
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by abelorode: 6:50pm On Aug 24, 2019
Oluwaseunbd:
Good day my people,please can one switch from a 2year program to a 1year program after arriving in Canada?what happens to the remaining 1year on my study permit if I eventually switch

If the change of program is within same school, I think it is possible and you don't have to notify immigration authorities. Else, changing to a different DLI means you have to notify CIC. My opinion!
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Nobody: 7:36pm On Aug 24, 2019
dips4real:
Good afternoon NL. I am new here and infact, this is my first post.

I got admission to lambton college to study pgd in advanced health care leadership (2020 January resumption). After, I applied for my study visa June 7, 2019 and June 28, got my refusal letter. 2 REASONS: NOT SATISFIED YOU WILL LEAVE CANADA BASED ON TRAVEL HISTORY AND PURPOSE OF VISIT.

I repackaged myself, add all necessary documents, well written SOP, etc and submitted my application again July 16, 2019 and I requested for my GCMS report for the first refusal July 17( still waiting for report though) and just 4 days ago, August 20 precisely got a refusal letter again. 2 REASONS: NOT SATISFIED YOU WILL LEAVE CANADA BASED ON YOUR FAMILY TIES IN CANADA AND YOUR COUNTRY OF RESIDENCE ; BASED ON YOUR PURPOSE OF VISIT.

More information about my application, I graduated from OAU Ile Ife, 2010 from department of Medical Rehabilitation (Occupational Therapy Option). Did my internship in OAUTHC Ile Ife and went to Kaduna for my nysc ; completed all between 2011 and 2012. I started working with Medical Rehabilitation Therapists Board of Nigeria in 2013 till date. Married with two kids and they are not traveling with me and I have been given study leave at work.

To the best of my knowledge and ability, I perfected my application based on the knowledge gained from this people here in Nigeria, Canada,etc. I think I would not have done more than what I did as
1, I have sufficient funds in my account. 
2, my home tie is my wife and two kids which I included there birth certificate, my siblings here, work, etc
3, evidence of landed properties and government consents.
4, Employment letter, letter of introduction from work, study leave agreement duly notorised and sealed. Promotion letters, work ID card, tax clearance card,
5, pension statements of accounts, 
And many more

But I guess may be my age is the problem (37... Born February 1,1982). I maybe wrong though.

While waiting for my GCMS note of my first refusal to specifically tackle if possible the third time, i sincerely thank all the intellectuals on this forum for their sefless and indifatigable efforts in helping out as at when needed. In fact, there is no better place to gain TRV knowledge than this forum.

I HOPE FOR YOUR ADVICE ASAP. THANKS

THE DOCUMENTS IS SUBMITTED TO CIC AS BEEN EMAILED TO BY THE GCMS REPORT ISSUER(22N AUGUST, 2019) BUT THEY SAID THE DETAILED REFUSAL REPORT WILL COME AS SOON AS THEY GET IT( I DONT KNOW WHAT THEY MEAN SHA). Anyway I'm waiting for it

Did you submit any upfront medicals?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by dips4real(m): 8:11pm On Aug 24, 2019
No I did not submit up front medicals. Thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Frankrobbn1: 8:14pm On Aug 24, 2019
Wizzy1989:
Good morning my people am new here I summitted my online application on June 20 biometrics completed june 27 eligblity review and background check have started since ending of june till now no update, and I will start classes on September 30 so what we I do

Raise a Webform via this link
https://secure.cic.gc.ca/enquiries-renseignements/case-cas-eng.aspx?mission=Nairobi explaining to the immigration officer that your program is coming to a close as well as the fact that your application has exceeded it's processing times as stipulated on the IRCC website.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by nicerichard05: 8:14pm On Aug 24, 2019
dips4real:
No I did not submit up front medicals. Thanks

Sorry abt yr refusals. Did u apply tru paper route or online
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Frankrobbn1: 8:20pm On Aug 24, 2019
Petrified235555:
Please who knows about this whole GPA thing.Am I to input just my last two years results or all my results don't understand

Majority of the Canadian Institutions require your last two years in the university. However, your overall CGPA is also a plus in assessing your application entirety for admission.... Hence why they demand for 2.1 as a minimum requirement for acceptance.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Frankrobbn1: 8:25pm On Aug 24, 2019
bayosegun:
Hello my good people, I applied for Canada visa since 5th of July and till now am yet to get details regarding my application except biometric certificate. I put in for Masters in theology but my school don't have DLI so it difficult for me to link the application online.
Pls any other way to link my app online?

Thanks gurus

Why will you apply to a school that doesn't have a DLI which automatically is ineligible to host international students? I know very well that theological schools in Canada do have a DLI. At this point you can't link your application online considering that your school doesn't have any. Place your focus on your email and spams messages for further correspondence from IRCC regarding your application.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Frankrobbn1: 8:40pm On Aug 24, 2019
Oluwaseunbd:
Goodmorning my people,please can one switch from a 2year program to a 1year program after arriving in Canada?what happens to the remaining 1year on my study permit if I eventually switch?

Refer to the link for your first question; https://www.nairaland.com/5233221/canadian-student-visa-thread-part/236#81425311
As per your second question, you will apply for an extra 6 months program within the school so as to be eligible for a three years work permit.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by nicerichard05: 8:48pm On Aug 24, 2019
Frankrobbn1:

Why will you apply to a school that doesn't have a DLI which automatically is ineligible to host international students? I know very well that theological schools in Canada do have a DLI. At this point you can't link your application online considering that your school doesn't have any. Place your focus on your email and spams messages for further correspondence from IRCC regarding your application.

Bro gud evening, I hav been trying to link my app online since Friday, buh it keeps saying no record found, somebody gave me guideline here buh it's still showing d same tin. Wat should I do. I cant even track it with d tracking numb dey sent me
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Oluwaseunbd(f): 9:10pm On Aug 24, 2019
Ok...its within the same DLI
abelorode:

If the change of program is within same school, I think it is possible and you don't have to notify immigration authorities. Else, changing to a different DLI means you have to notify CIC. My opinion!
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Oluwaseunbd(f): 9:15pm On Aug 24, 2019
Ok..what if I cannot get a 6month program sir?
Frankrobbn1:

Refer to the link for your first question; https://www.nairaland.com/5233221/canadian-student-visa-thread-part/236#81425311
As per your second question, you will apply for an extra 6 months program within the school so as to be eligible for a three years work permit.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by KingEzo: 9:32pm On Aug 24, 2019
Good day everyone. Is it possible for me to get scholarships Msc in Canada without test scores?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Nobleman61: 9:35pm On Aug 24, 2019
[quote author=Frankrobbn1 post=81575143]

Uncle frank ;Dplease respond to my pm now
Thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Frankrobbn1: 9:50pm On Aug 24, 2019
nicerichard05:

Bro gud evening, I hav been trying to link my app online since Friday, buh it keeps saying no record found, somebody gave me guideline here buh it's still showing d same tin. Wat should I do. I cant even track it with d tracking numb dey sent me

You are making mistake.... Please be properly guided that DLI number starts with a letter (O) and not zero (0). Use your passport details - Issuance date and expiration date instead of Place of Birth when linking your application online. The tracking number given to you at the VAC can't give you a well detailed progress of your application.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Frankrobbn1: 9:55pm On Aug 24, 2019
KingEzo:
Good day everyone. Is it possible for me to get scholarships Msc in Canada without test scores?

Yes. All you need is to secure a supervisor that is willingly to accept you to work under his/her laboratory and gurantee to fund your studies. More so, the prestigious MasterCard scholarship is currently open and are accepting applications from prospective applicants seeking for scholarships to further their education in Canada. The scholarship is worth 280kCAD for McGill and 108kCAD for UBC.
cool kiss Since you're in search of scholarship, you may also spread your options there.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Nellykuch: 9:57pm On Aug 24, 2019
A school that does not have a DLI simply means you are not eligible for POST GRADUATE WORK PERMIT upon graduation,that is of you are given the visa.bless up

Frankrobbn1:

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Frankrobbn1: 10:04pm On Aug 24, 2019
Nellykuch:
A school that does not have a DLI simply means you are not eligible for POST GRADUATE WORK PERMIT upon graduation,that is of you are given the visa.bless up

Aside from not being eligible for a PGWP. A school without a DLI still doesn't qualify to be issued study permit to her Candidates.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Austacus: 10:10pm On Aug 24, 2019
Nellykuch:

LOL grin grin with so much confidence.

A DLI is a school authorized by a province or a territory to offer education to international students in both primary and secondary schools in Canada . If you want to come to Canada as an international student, before you apply to a program of study first ensure that the school is on the list of Designated Learning Institutions. Whilst The PGWP program allows international students who have completed a qualifying program at an APPROVED post-secondary institution to obtain an open work permit. ... The PGWP program is an essential step for foreign students to gain the high-skilled Canadian work experience they need to apply for permanent residence.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (253) (254) (255) (256) (257) (258) (259) ... (644)

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 / UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 / Travelling To Canada Part 9

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.