Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,923 members, 7,802,993 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 06:55 AM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 - Travel (297) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 (1015764 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (294) (295) (296) (297) (298) (299) (300) ... (644) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by henifri: 10:07pm On Sep 10, 2019
Gurus and everyone, thank you all for the information.

My sis recently git admission to the MBA program at Vancouver Island University.

Is there past, current or future student at Vancouver Island University (VIU) Nanaimo, BC? Please indicate
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Yk45: 10:08pm On Sep 10, 2019
Do I need to notarize my documents if I'm submitting my application through online route?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by wynie(f): 10:10pm On Sep 10, 2019
Finallllyyyyyyyy
I’m so happy for you
Congrats love
mzjokky16:
Approval!!!!!!!!

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Freshprince777: 10:21pm On Sep 10, 2019
mzjokky16:
Approval!!!!!!!!

Congrats dear
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by prettifunke: 10:21pm On Sep 10, 2019
Frankrobbn1:

It will be difficult to see an affordable/cheap nursing program in Canada. Anyways, you might want to check University Of Saskatchewan, Memorial University and Brandon University. These schools tuition are relatively lower when compared to other higher institutions in Canada. Also, going through your spouse Profile, I noticed that there is no logical progression between his intended program in nursing and his previous studies as well as his5 current job role as a teacher. I hope he will be able to put up a convincing statement of intent as to why he suddenly decided to switch into the field of Nursing without previous experience. My suggestion is that your spouse should apply for a program that is reasonable inlight with his current activity in Nigeria and stand a better chance of getting a TRV to Canada.

All the best!

Thanks for your prompt response. I appreciate your gestures. I will work on your suggestions and come up with something. I will be back for further advice.
Thanks

God bless
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by obaxlove(m): 10:29pm On Sep 10, 2019
Frankrobbn1:

Other cheaper institutions but higher than MUN tuition fees are namely - Simon Fraser University, University of Prince Edward Island, University of Manitoba and University of Winnipeg.

I want to know if there is any other one cheaper than MUN sir?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Frankrobbn1: 10:33pm On Sep 10, 2019
Yk45:
Do I need to notarize my documents if I'm submitting my application through online route?

You don't need to notarize any of your documents provided that they bear an official stamp, seal, or signature on them.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by SOPWriter: 10:35pm On Sep 10, 2019
obaxlove:
Please which other universit(ies) has low tuition fee like MUN?
Check University of Regina and University of Saskatchewan. There might be more suitable and cheaper once if you make better research.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Frankrobbn1: 10:36pm On Sep 10, 2019
obaxlove:

I want to know if there is any other one cheaper than MUN sir?

MUN has the lowest tuition fee in Canada. Anything cheaper than this, might not fall under a designated learning Institute.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by SOPWriter: 10:36pm On Sep 10, 2019
Juliette3Ken:
Good evening. Please, Can I just apply to one University only? Hope applying to one won't affect my Visa application.
And who is attending Carleton University please? Who knows about it?
No it will not.
I guess you are relating Canada to US? Canadian VO doesn't care how much of schools you applied to.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Yk45: 10:39pm On Sep 10, 2019
Thank you for your response.

Frankrobbn1:

You don't need to notarize any of your documents provided that they bear an official stamp, seal, or signature on them.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by SOPWriter: 10:40pm On Sep 10, 2019
Yk45:
No, you're scanning original documents, no need for notarization.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by funk: 10:44pm On Sep 10, 2019
Frankrobbn1:

MUN has the lowest tuition fee in Canada. Anything cheaper than this, might not fall under a designated learning Institute.

Please I need your help. How do I send you a PM. I am new to this platform.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Frankrobbn1: 10:58pm On Sep 10, 2019
Josade69:

I have ordered my GCMS notes already. Attached is the VO's comment.

Rejected based on;
1. Family ties in canada and home country.
2. Purpose of visit.
3. Personal assets and Financial Status

Boss; sorry to have skipped your message.... From the attachment you shared on this thread, I deduced that your refusal was as a result of your SOP which the visa officer outrightly stated was vague and poorly documented - You didn't succinctly explain your plan of studies in Canada as well as your establishment here in Nigeria that would considerably demonstrate that you're well-established and your proposed program would be a reasonable experience given your significant ties back home.

In your next Application, I would highly suggest you work on your ties here in Nigeria. Holdings like landed properties, investments, buildings etc.. should be adequately explained how they will compel your return home.

Having said that, you should state why you must return to Nigeria considering that Nigeria is a developing country and lots more of unending career opportunities await you as professional in your speciality across diverse industries/organizations within and outside of Nigeria which can further motivate your departure home. The impact and difference you can make in the lives of your country men... Do you plan setting up an NGO of your own, in an effort to create awareness about your program? An academy that would solely be to train and nurture the young ones about the importance of the program? All centered on creating job opportunities for teeming youths in your home country.

The aforementioned ties can be your unwavering commitments back home and for this reason should be sufficient to satisfy the visa officer that your economic incentives of coming back to Nigeria far outweighs that of Canada.

Once you're done crafting a mind-blowing SOP, contact any of the knowledgeable individuals here to vet, re-structure and make amendments where Applicable.

Brace Up! I see you getting the VISA the next trial.

It shall end in praises for everyone here.

7 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Frankrobbn1: 11:00pm On Sep 10, 2019
funk:

Please I need your help. How do I send you a PM. I am new to this platform.

How may I be of help to you Sir?. How confidential is this discussion? You may want to ask your questions here, so others can learn and make the most of it.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by sashaa(f): 11:33pm On Sep 10, 2019
My Gcms notes isn't showing reasons for refusal. I don't understand sad

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by funk: 11:39pm On Sep 10, 2019
Frankrobbn1:

How may I be of help to you Sir?. How confidential is this discussion? You may want to ask your questions here, so others can learn and make the most of it.

Good evening, I am female. I was recently refused study visa based on “Employment prospects in country of residence” I have drafted my LOE. Can you please help me proof read? I am currently employed as a business development exec and looking to do a pgd in marketing mgt. I have been employed for 9 years
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by waynee2baba: 11:51pm On Sep 10, 2019
So the UK just brought back post-study visa... Canada needs to wake up and work on their 10 years processing time.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Juliette3Ken(f): 12:08am On Sep 11, 2019
I am presently in one of the schools in Nigeria, first year. While applying I was asked if I have just graduated from High school without attending college or is presently studying or have attended college and is applying as a transfer student. I don't want to go as a transfer student cos I don't mind starting afresh but then I am scared I might lie to them and they might find out I'm already in a university here.
What do I do gurus?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by FreeMejoor1(m): 12:24am On Sep 11, 2019
Juliette3Ken:
I am presently in one of the schools in Nigeria, first year. While applying I was asked if I have just graduated from High school without attending college or is presently studying or have attended college and is applying as a transfer student. I don't want to go as a transfer student cos I don't mind starting afresh but then I am scared I might lie to them and they might find out I'm already in a university here.
What do I do gurus?
do you have IELTS
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by NothingDoMe: 2:15am On Sep 11, 2019
sashaa:
That's weird.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Josade69: 5:18am On Sep 11, 2019
Thanks a lot boss. I will follow your advice.

Frankrobbn1:

Boss; sorry to have skipped your message.... From the attachment you shared on this thread, I deduced that your refusal was as a result of your SOP which the visa officer outrightly stated was vague and poorly documented - You didn't succinctly explain your plan of studies in Canada as well as your establishment here in Nigeria that would considerably demonstrate that you're well-established and your proposed program would be a reasonable experience given your significant ties back home.

In your next Application, I would highly suggest you work on your ties here in Nigeria. Holdings like landed properties, investments, buildings etc.. should be adequately explained how they will compel your return home.

Having said that, you should state why you must return to Nigeria considering that Nigeria is a developing country and lots more of unending career opportunities await you as professional in your speciality across diverse industries/organizations within and outside of Nigeria which can further motivate their departure home. The impact and difference you can make in the lives of your country men... Do you plan setting up an NGO of your own, in an effort to create awareness about your program? An academy that would solely be to train and nurture the young ones about the importance of the program? All centered on creating job opportunities for teeming youths in your home country.

The aforementioned ties can be your unwavering commitments back home and for this reason should be sufficient to satisfy the visa officer that your economic incentives of coming back to Nigeria far outweighs that of Canada.

Once you're done crafting a mind-blowing SOP, contact any of the knowledgeable individuals here to vet, re-structure and make amendments where Applicable.

Brace Up! I see you getting the VISA the next trial.

It shall end in praises for everyone here.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by mcobex: 6:17am On Sep 11, 2019
sashaa:
Kindly share here let's see.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by drills: 6:27am On Sep 11, 2019
I am preparing for Study permit for my ward, Admission letter gotten, fees paid, currently processing visiting visa. Are there pre-steps I can take to make my study visa application faster (I do read people talk about Medicals done before hand etc.)
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Juliette3Ken(f): 6:53am On Sep 11, 2019
FreeMejoor1:
do you have IELTS
I haven't written it yet
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Naijaforeigner: 7:00am On Sep 11, 2019
waynee2baba:
So the UK just brought back post-study visa... Canada needs to wake up and work on their 10 years processing time.

wow really? how many years post study?

If UK can give at least 2 years post study visa, Nigerians will go back to UK because they have fast processing visa times and UK student visa is at least 90% guaranteed once you have all documents complete.

2 years post study visa confirmed.

4 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Frankrobbn1: 7:15am On Sep 11, 2019
wynie:
Frank, first off I want to commend the amazing job u do here and may God continue to bless and enrich you. I got denied on the 21st of August based on purpose of visit, finance and family ties both in Nigeria and Canada, even though I had $10k in scholarship and my moms SOA had 11millie, 4 properties and my course was human rights (studied International relation for undergraduate degree) I’ve moved past it can’t stay sad forever. My school (U of M) gave me a scholarship but when I informed them of current situation they said they’d defer till next September but my scholarship is gone although next year I’ll be consider when they are considering fresh applicants. Honestly I was really sad but again I’m staying strong, my intention is to reapply for study permit as early as April 2020 but I’ll need your help, if it’s not too much I’ll need your help in reviewing my sop for when I intend to reapply, I’m just informing u ahead of time and also I’m thinking of applying to other schools that could grant me scholarships so all my eggs aren’t in one basket if U of M doesn’t come through and oh I’m going to order for my gcms note while I wait, September is sha a long time undecided
What do you think? Frank and all the plenty gurus in the house

Sorry about the outcome of your application. Thanks for the compliments about me and best wishes. I really appreciate. God bless you too!

With regards to your present downhearted situation, I think you've done the right thing by ordering your GCMS notes in an effort to have a clearer insight about your VISA Rejection. September (fall) 2020 is not so far as you may view it at this time. Once you're able to secure a new Admission and also your scholarship, you can file for your study permit in time so you could be able to meet up for the accepted term.

Certainly, I will be glad to assist you in your next application and see that it works out perfectly and positively.

Keep the honourable house posted whenever the GCMS notes finally drops in your mailbox.

It shall end in praises

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Nobody: 7:30am On Sep 11, 2019
[quote author=Ayodeji786 post=81870898]

Please house i need clarification. I intend to apply for study permit but i have 2 challenges. 1.. I have two sponsors; my elder sister in canada and my cousin here in Nigeria. I have paid about $7k+ for the first semester fees and my elder sister is willing to provide document to proof she will accommodate myself and my wife and provide with the other expenses for the whole 1st semester and my cousin will pay for the subsequent fees but the issue is my cousin acct balance is not up to a million at the moment but my cousin has treasury bills that will mature to several millions feb 2020 that is even before the commence of 2nd semester. 2nd challenge is i don't have any home ties apart from a landed property my mum has. Will that be enough with the mind that i together with my wife are intending to go... Thank you
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Frankrobbn1: 7:33am On Sep 11, 2019
funk:

Good evening, I am female. I was recently refused study visa based on “Employment prospects in country of residence” I have drafted my LOE. Can you please help me proof read? I am currently employed as a business development exec and looking to do a pgd in marketing mgt. I have been employed for 9 years

I won't be free to review the letter this week until next week. If that's okay with you, then you may go ahead and send the LOE.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Nobody: 7:40am On Sep 11, 2019
[quote author=Frankrobbn1 post=82113839]

Please house i need clarification. I intend to apply for study permit but i have 2 challenges. 1.. I have two sponsors; my elder sister in canada and my cousin here in Nigeria. I have paid about $7k+ for the first semester fees and my elder sister is willing to provide document to proof she will accommodate myself and my wife and provide with the other expenses for the whole 1st semester and my cousin will pay for the subsequent fees but the issue is my cousin acct balance is not up to a million at the moment but my cousin has treasury bills that will mature to several millions feb 2020 that is even before the commence of 2nd semester. 2nd challenge is i don't have any home ties apart from a landed property my mum has. Will that be enough with the mind that i together with my wife are intending to go... Thank you
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Juliette3Ken(f): 7:52am On Sep 11, 2019
Juliette3Ken:
What do I do gurus?

I need help with this. Thanks a lot.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by george009: 8:12am On Sep 11, 2019
Good Morning Gurus in the House;

As samples of SOP weren't coming forth; I decided to cut and join one last night,

I kindly need experienced persons to help me vet it;

Thanks

(1) (2) (3) ... (294) (295) (296) (297) (298) (299) (300) ... (644)

UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 / Travelling To Canada Part 9

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.