Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,474 members, 7,781,381 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 01:30 PM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 - Travel (299) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 (1005117 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (296) (297) (298) (299) (300) (301) (302) ... (644) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Mrsamanda111: 10:37am On Sep 11, 2019
DynaMoses:
Morning guys. I applied for study permit in May. Got rejected after 5 weeks. Re applied in July. The processing time they gave was 7 weeks. It's been 7 weeks and it hasn't changed. However, just now I just received a biometrics validity message. I don't even know what it means or what to expect. Any gives?

Did you pass your medicals?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by makano: 10:38am On Sep 11, 2019
Boss, I didn't say they will stop refusing visa tho, I said the refusal rate will decrease if they see that the number of applicants apllying for their study visa is reducing drastically cos am sure most Nigerians are tired of Canada refusals and will wanna port to the UK which to me is better than Canada in a way... Imagine earning in Pounds compared to Canadian dollar... Peace
Frankrobbn1:

I woke up this morning to see this great news! Surely, Nigerians will start exploring the option of going to the UK for studies. However, this doesn't stop Canada immigration officer's from refusing applications from Nigeria nor hinder them from running secure/high background checks. So, let's don't think this news will in anyway remodel their decision-making on any application coming from Nigeria.

6 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Mrsamanda111: 10:38am On Sep 11, 2019
DynaMoses:
Morning guys. I applied for study permit in May. Got rejected after 5 weeks. Re applied in July. The processing time they gave was 7 weeks. It's been 7 weeks and it hasn't changed. However, just now I just received a biometrics validity message. I don't even know what it means or what to expect. Any gives?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by henifri: 11:09am On Sep 11, 2019
henifri:
Hello Gurus.

My sister was offered admission into VIU MBA program. She has been asked to pay the first deposit of 15,000$ CAD. What's the fastest and cheapest way to pay this money to the university? She has until 16th of September to make this payment. Thanks for your response.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by ralfudoh(m): 11:24am On Sep 11, 2019
The only effect this will have is a decrease in revenue for the Canadian government, but for how long. By the time we are caught after six months for using fake documents, we will all run back to CIC again. Mind you, 2years work permit, after that, what next? Will you be allowed to file for PR? Canada will still remain the way they are. They don't even care about Nigerians, they have a lot of Indians they are giving visas. Canada would prefer to give Syrian refugees visa rather than Nigerian applicants. So if UK gives work permit or not, it affects CIC in no way. They will still dish out refusals as they wish. My thoughts though. I stand to be corrected.
makano:
Boss, I didn't say they will stop refusing visa tho, I said the refusal rate will decrease if they see that the number of applicants applying for their study visa is reducing drastically cos am sure most Nigerians are tired of Canada refusals and will wanna port to the UK which to me is better than Canada in a way... Imagine earning in Pounds compared to Canadian dollar... Peace

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Francology41: 11:55am On Sep 11, 2019
[quote author=henifri post=82126289][/quote]
I used Flywire to pay my deposit. It takes 3 to 4 working days for processing and confirmation. You can use your Nigeria debit cards.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by makano: 12:00pm On Sep 11, 2019
Dunno why u guys keep asking this question? what next? Imagine as a skilled person, working in a UK company for 2 years and u put in handwork and make ursef useful and relevant to the company, and the company recognizes ur input to them.. Even if u dnt want PR, the company will make sure you are going no where and they fastrack ur PR asap cos of ur importance to them.. I had a friend in this situation, baba just went for his 1 year Masters and was lucky to work in one UK company, after a year they didn't release him oo, he is still in the UK now.. And this was when Uk was still doing their rubbish of going back to ur home country after studies.. Am sure he's a Citizen now.. And the Indians u talked about, just watch it. they will also start porting to the UK. Who doesn't wanna earn in pounds? Canada will start losing revenue from International students, so they will be calm with their refusal decision.. Thats the reason UK is starting this now, they are losing so much revenue from International students, so they needed to wake up... Canada needs more people in their country, so them seing this from the UK will calm them down.. For us to be sure, lets start seeing their decision from next year, if approval wont be more than refusal... I just pray Nigerians do not spoil the UK before then tho like the way they did to Canada...Peace
ralfudoh:
The only effect this will have is a decrease in revenue for the Canadian government, but for how long. By the time we are caught after six months for using fake documents, we will all run back to CIC again. Mind you, 2years work permit, after that, what next? Will you be allowed to file for PR? Canada will still remain the way they are. They don't even care about Nigerians, they have a lot of Indians they are giving visas. Canada would prefer to give Syrian refugees visa rather than Nigerian applicants. So if UK gives work permit or not, it affects CIC in no way. They will still dish out refusals as they wish. My thoughts though. I stand to be corrected.

5 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Martinomi: 12:03pm On Sep 11, 2019
Approval story

Timeline:

Date Submitted: 14th June Paper application
Biometrics done: 14th June
Medical request: 14th August
Medicals done: 22nd August at IOM lagos
IOM sent me the delivery message on 30th August
BVL: 3rd September
Approval(Letter of Introduction): 7th September
VFS pickup mail: 9th September

I was unable to link it so I left the application like that not knowing what's up with it.
The days between 3rd and 7th September looked like the longest days of waiting in my life. CIC no go give us high BP.. grin

Docs submitted:
International passport biodata page
Digital Passport
Offer letter from school.(Bishop university- MSc Computer science)
CAQ

All CIC forms

Letter of sponsorship by mum
Affidavit of Sponsor.
Mum's passport datapage
Her Bank statement (14m balance)

Client Information Section
WAEC Certificate
Transcript of Academic records
BSc Certificate
Statement of Purpose
Birth Certificate
My residential permit copies while I was studying n living in Ukraine
My UK visa pages along with my entries and exits into the country
My other entry and exit into ivory coast was included too.
I wasn't employed as I was still doing my NYSC and didnt submit any nysc stuff.

In term of family ties, I included my mum and my sister who is a doctor here in Nigeria. I also included my other sister in Ukraine still studying medicine.
Finally backed it all up with prayers and fasting.

Special thanks to the bosses Frankrobben, Ayodeji786,Mzjokky16 and Nobleman

Honestly I started reading through the thread after applying and I almost lost hope on my application as i was seeing well pacakaged applications getting refusals. I can never forget June to September as they were my most spiritual months..

I'm wishing the rest still waiting for decision a favourable outcome IJN.

18 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by makano: 12:10pm On Sep 11, 2019
Did u get a medical request and passed it before the biometrics validity? if yes, congrats in advance. If No, nothing is impossible, be hopeful.. Peace
DynaMoses:
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by DynaMoses: 12:17pm On Sep 11, 2019
Mehn. I'm worried cos I have a family visit trip to the US scheduled for next week. Don't know if I can do medicals over there if I'm asked. I'm in a fix
makano:
Did u get a medical request and passed it before the biometrics validity? if yes, congrats in advance. If No, nothing is impossible, be hopeful.. Peace
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by JustMellow: 12:19pm On Sep 11, 2019
george009:
Please Gurus in the house,

What will be the best approach to tackle this;

My Dad is standing in for me as sponsor, have paid the first term tuition fees from his account and his account balance is 3.4m after paying the school fees;

...While I have 20,000USD and 1,600 Euro in my dorm accounts;

My question is, do I state in the letter of sponsorship he will be the one to pay my 2nd term fee while I take care of my upkeep or write He knows am capable of paying my school fees and taking care of myself but only wants to support his first son with a token for his first term school fees;

Your advices are needed,

Thanks

Your father can act in the capacity of a co-sponsor while you be the sponsor. The letter of co-sponsor should reflect the already shown committed. The most important thing include both BS of you and your father

Good luck!
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by nicerichard05: 12:35pm On Sep 11, 2019
Martinomi:
Approval story

Timeline:

ill waiting for decision a favourable outcome IJN.

Congrats bro. I am having same issues with linking my app. Buh I have decided to leave it like dat nd jst hope for the best.

You got all your response from CIC bia email right? And were u ever able to track ur app
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by abelorode: 12:41pm On Sep 11, 2019
Congratulation. If I may ask, what is the total estimated tuition fee for this program?

Martinomi:
Approval story

Timeline:

I was unable to link it so I left the application like that not knowing what's up with it.
The days between 3rd and 7th September looked like the longest days of waiting in my life. CIC no go give us high BP.. grin

Docs submitted:
Digital Passport
CAQ

All CIC forms

Affidavit of Sponsor.
Mum's passport datapage

WAEC Certificate
BSc Certificate
Statement of Purpose
Birth Certificate

In term of family ties, I included my mum and my sister who is a doctor here in Nigeria. I also included my other sister in Ukraine still studying medicine.

Honestly I started reading through the thread after applying and I almost lost hope on my application as i was seeing well pacakaged applications getting refusals. I can never forget June to September as they were my most spiritual months..

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Green4(m): 12:42pm On Sep 11, 2019
jesudaughter:
Yes, applied.

Hello dear I sent you a message,. Text your phone number or email please
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Green4(m): 12:50pm On Sep 11, 2019
Congratulations to you

Martinomi:
Approval story

Timeline:

Docs submitted:
Digital Passport
CAQ

All CIC forms

Affidavit of Sponsor.
Mum's passport datapage

WAEC Certificate
BSc Certificate
Statement of Purpose
Birth Certificate

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by JustMellow: 12:59pm On Sep 11, 2019
Chosenone31:
PLEASE, I WOULD WELCOME SUGGESTIONS AND ADVICE. MY GCMS NOTES JUST DROPPED. Thanks
I was initially refused based on
1. purpose of visit
2. Current employment situation
3. Family ties
@frankrobbn1 @mcobex @justmellow @sopwriter please help

Hello Chosenone31,

There was no or proper documentation to support your claims especially that of been gainfully employed and financially/economically stable. You may have included it but the VO don't seems to see it as sufficiently enough to use as subtantiated assessment obituary application.

As a single applicant, the VO didn't see a compelling shown home ties that will motivate you to leave Canada prior to the completion of your studies. You may have included some landed properties or otherwise, but how was these ties explained or documented.

The VO doesn't think you are well established economically, and have a stable income even if you have a legit source of income. The VO sees your studies to be a risk on your finance maybe due to the source of your income or the nature of the proof of your income. This also, can come from the side of the sponsor.

The course of studies was another concerns that was poorly addressed. You failed to show how lucrative and the opportunities the course can pave - maybe in terms of career advancement, self-development, improved salary, promotion etc.

P.S: all this can be also be an effect of a poor or vague SOP.

Good luck!
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by nneteb(f): 1:00pm On Sep 11, 2019
Congratulation
Martinomi:
Approval story

Timeline:

Docs submitted:
Digital Passport
CAQ

All CIC forms

Affidavit of Sponsor.
Mum's passport datapage

WAEC Certificate
BSc Certificate
Statement of Purpose
Birth Certificate

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Naijaforeigner: 1:20pm On Sep 11, 2019
UK or Canada? Here is my take.

(1) There is no point sticking with Canada if they are trying to waste your time. It takes about 3-6 months to get a masters degree admission in Canada. In UK, it takes 5 working days to max of 1 month.

(2) In the UK, with a 2.2, you will get admission for masters and yes even with a third class, you will get masters admission in UK. In some UK schools, if you have HND, you can do a top up to BSC and then go for masters afterwards.

Instead of waiting to get admission for almost 4 months in Canada and then wait another 4 months for visa which is not guaranteed, you can beat all of that by getting admission to a UK school, get your visa within 15-30 working days or even make it faster by applying for priority or same day processing. UK student visa is straight forward and the easiest I have seen.

The only thing with UK student visa is you need to use your own account or parents account (or a combination of both). There is also an option of using a legal guardians account but I doubt if that can work in Nigeria as we don’t document these things. Do a Tuberculosis test and go for an interview. Trust me, the interview is easy.

However, I must say all students should always have the big picture in mind which is how can I get a PR. After 2 years post study, what next?

It is not that easy to get companies that will sponsor you but you can make it easy for yourself by getting a good result (most Nigerians get very good results in Canada and UK), get a job and apply for PR from the UK to Canada or if you are lucky to get a company that will sponsor you in UK, work for 5 years with the company and get your PR. Please when going for masters in UK, don’t waste money going for regular courses, go for courses where you can easily find jobs (do your research).

Why am I saying all this, time is money. If Canada is wasting your time, try UK since they now have post study and you can apply for PR to Canada from UK once you have worked for 1 year.

Also, most if not all schools in UK give admission for free (they don’t collect charges for application) and most masters in UK are 1 year or max of 16 months.

[/b]Please may I add, every information I have provided about UK admission and visa processing is based on my personal experience and visa knowledge while living in the UK for almost 5 years. Some processes might have changed. It is up to applicants to check the UK home office and schools website for current information on these processes.[b]

I must also say that for all students, even if you move to UK, please try Canada PR while in the UK because there is uncertainty with the outcome of UK’s Brexit and this night likely affect UK economy in the long run. But for now, take advantage of this opportunity.

Shalom.

21 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Martinomi: 1:32pm On Sep 11, 2019
nicerichard05:

You got all your response from CIC bia email right? And were u ever able to track ur app

Thanks.. updates via email.. it only showed currently being processed . Till I got the vfs mail then it changed to ready for pickup
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Martinomi: 1:33pm On Sep 11, 2019
abelorode:
Congratulation. If I may ask, what is the total estimated tuition fee for this program?

Bout 15k for a year

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by george009: 1:51pm On Sep 11, 2019
Mehn; nobody wants to help me oh;

Can someone volunteer to help out?

george009:
Good Morning Gurus in the House;

As samples of SOP weren't coming forth; I decided to cut and join one last night,

I kindly need experienced persons to help me vet it;

Thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by george009: 1:58pm On Sep 11, 2019
What's the best approach, am I supposed to have a letter of sponsorship then another letter of co-sponsorship from my dad;

He's stating in his letter he will support me with USD10,000 for my studies while I take care of the other expenses.

Thanks for your time
JustMellow:

Your father can act in the capacity of a co-sponsor while you be the sponsor. The letter of co-sponsor should reflect the already shown committed. The most important thing include both BS of you and your father

Good luck!
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by JustMellow: 1:59pm On Sep 11, 2019
Frankrobbn1:
Mcobex and Justmellow.... Great work you guys are doing here. More power to your elbows. Thanks for always coming through to assist others. I really appreciate your time and efforts on this window.

Hello Frankrobbn1,

Much appreciated, and thank you too for your selfless services.

Greetings!

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by nicerichard05: 1:59pm On Sep 11, 2019
Naijaforeigner:

(1) There is no point sticking with Canada if they are trying to waste your time. It takes about 3-6 months to get a masters degree admission in Canada. In UK, it takes 5 working days to max of 1 month.

(2) In the UK, with a 2.2, you will get admission for masters and yes even with a third class, you will get masters admission in UK. In some UK schools, if you have HND, you can do a top up to BSC and then go for masters afterwards.

Instead of waiting to get admission for almost 4 months in Canada and then wait another 4 months for visa which is not guaranteed, you can beat all of that by getting admission to a UK school, get your visa within 15-30 working days or even make it faster by applying for priority or same day processing. UK student visa is straight forward and the easiest I have seen.

[b] only thing with UK student visa is you need to use your own account or parents account (or a combination of both). [/b]There is also an option of using a legal guardians account but I doubt if that can work in Nigeria as we don’t document these things. Do a Tuberculosis test and go for an interview. Trust me, the interview is easy.

However, I must say all students should always have the big picture in mind which is how can I get a PR. After 2 years post study, what next?

It is not that easy to get companies that will sponsor you but you can make it easy for yourself by getting a good result (most Nigerians get very good results in Canada and UK), get a job and apply for PR from the UK to Canada or if you are lucky to get a company that will sponsor you in UK, work for 5 years with the company and get your PR. Please when going for masters in UK, don’t waste money going for regular courses, go for courses where you can easily find jobs (do your research).

Why am I saying all this, time is money. If Canada is wasting your time, try UK since they now have post study and you can apply for PR to Canada from UK once you have worked for 1 year.

Also, most if not all schools in UK give admission for free (they don’t collect charges for application) and most masters in UK are 1 year or max of 16 months.

[/b]Please may I add, every information I have provided about UK admission and visa processing is based on my personal experience and visa knowledge while living in the UK for almost 5 years. Some processes might have changed. It is up to applicants to check the UK home office and schools website for current information on these processes.[b]

I must also say that for all students, even if you move to UK, please try Canada PR while in the UK because there is uncertainty with the outcome of UK’s Brexit and this night likely affect UK economy in the long run. But for now, take advantage of this opportunity.

Shalom.

So for UK, ur Brother can not act as your sponsor?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by JustMellow: 2:12pm On Sep 11, 2019
prettifunke:
Good day all,
Thanks for making useful contributions to this thread. Although I have been a silent observer, I have learnt a lot from most of the post.
Please I need your help. My spouse is intending to apply for the 2020 session. He read food and science technology and wants to apply for nursing.
Please help us with an affordable nursing school and If he could be admitted for diploma or MSC

Note: He works as a biology teacher.

God bless as you help out.
Thank you

If your spouse's prior qualification is a B.sc., a Masters or a PGD/C is more suitable. For some reasons of preference, if your spouse can't find a PGD/C, an Advanced Diploma should be a considered choice before a Diploma.

Good luck!
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by JustMellow: 2:21pm On Sep 11, 2019
obaxlove:
Please which other universit(ies) has low tuition fee like MUN?

You should consider checking some schools in the province of Alberta. It seems impossible to get a school as cheap as U of S, U of M, and MUN.

Good luck!
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Vesment: 2:29pm On Sep 11, 2019
jessyeve:
Who was the lady that was communicating with UK admission representative that was hesitant to believe what she was told? Please contact me, I have something for u.
its me and am guy. where is the guy objecting me, i have sth for you.
now canada embassy has siezed my passport, school messing me up, let them make decision now oh
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Vesment: 2:32pm On Sep 11, 2019
makano:
If we Nigerians behave ourselves by not submitting fake documents for their visa application, they will have no reason to tighten their scrutiny... What Canada is doing to Nigeria applicants is actually caused by we Nigerians. . FAKE Documents is the order of the day from most Nigerian applicants... Even the ones that are there are spoiling it for prospective Nigerian applicants... So ig we behave oursleves, their will b no reaosn for them to do that... Peace
they have a way of doing their verfications. they are closer to nigerian government than canada. Two of my friends there, were given an electronic device at the uk POE to verify their balance.
he said some people were deported that day.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Nobody: 2:44pm On Sep 11, 2019
Funny, what u really don't know is that Indians gt refusals as well, just that they have fast track SDS abi wetin so number of students applying worldwide will definitely decrease when people start looking UK direction and it will surely affect Canada if international students ain't flowing as before, do u no we literally pay tuition for citizens? They double ours and that definitely add to their economy, go read why UK reversed their policy, they were missing international students lol so don't say they don't care about Nigerians because we ain't the only international students they are rejecting. .. And stop with this fake document saga, ppl get rejected for lack of financial assets and other flimsy excuses that u won't return back, why give option of PR and still deny people on basis of grabbing the same privilege u gave out willingly and it's funny how they invite u to apply over and over, for me it's ridiculous because i can't see how someone personal asset is linked to acquiring good education and alleviating oneself... Well people like me, that 2yrs is really great and enough for one to establish, u either move to another country with the work experience or u come back home and be ur own boss with ur knowledge and experience, this Nigeria na somebody go build am, personally I can't let oyibo have me for eternity, I will return one day and be great here in my country, it's just question of when? If we all have the same mindset, tell me why our country won't grow
ralfudoh:
The only effect this will have is a decrease in revenue for the Canadian government, but for how long. By the time we are caught after six months for using fake documents, we will all run back to CIC again. Mind you, 2years work permit, after that, what next?

8 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by JustMellow: 2:48pm On Sep 11, 2019
Juliette3Ken:
Good evening. Please, Can I just apply to one University only? Hope applying to one won't affect my Visa application.
And who is attending Carleton University please? Who knows about it?

Applying to one is good in terms of being economical but the chances of a possible admission would be slim. For a better chance, its best advised to apply to more than one school. You should know that admission and immigration process are different, so it won't affect your visa application.

Good luck!
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by waynee2baba: 2:51pm On Sep 11, 2019
Naijaforeigner:

Shalom.

Nicely said. Very apt and analytical too.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Vesment: 2:52pm On Sep 11, 2019
makano:
Dunno why u guys keep asking this question? what next? Imagine as a skilled person, working in a UK company for 2 years and u put in handwork and make ursef useful and relevant to the company, and the company recognizes ur input to them.. Even if u dnt want PR, the company will make sure you are going no where and they fastrack ur PR asap cos of ur importance to them.. I had a friend in this situation, baba just went for his 1 year Masters and was lucky to work in one UK company, after a year they didn't release him oo, he is still in the UK now.. And this was when Uk was still doing their rubbish of going back to ur home country after studies.. Am sure he's a Citizen now.. And the Indians u talked about, just watch it. they will also start porting to the UK. Who doesn't wanna earn in pounds? Canada will start losing revenue from International students, so they will be calm with their refusal decision.. Thats the reason UK is starting this now, they are losing so much revenue from International students, so they needed to wake up... Canada needs more people in their country, so them seing this from the UK will calm them down.. For us to be sure, lets start seeing their decision from next year, if approval wont be more than refusal... I just pray Nigerians do not spoil the UK before then tho like the way they did to Canada...Peace

as far as you work hard in uk, you must get PR.
6 of my paternal cousins are there though. thats why i decided to port to canada a far away place. uk is a good place as they said.
canada will loose students.
they dont even have much courses sef. uk offers any course in masters you want to do. i hope very soon they will add Msc in Native doctor.
they have many schools and their admission response time is within 2 weeks.
when i applied to sheffield hallam, i got admission in 1 week with 3000 pounds scholarship and even other nigerian students there will be hitting you up.
you cant compare uk to canada based on education.

6 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (296) (297) (298) (299) (300) (301) (302) ... (644)

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 / UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 / Travelling To Canada Part 9

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 98
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.