Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,447 members, 7,801,065 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 10:32 AM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 - Travel (313) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 (1014953 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (310) (311) (312) (313) (314) (315) (316) ... (644) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Freshprince777: 8:26am On Sep 17, 2019
KrystalDesign:

I am one of the August applicants. Have heard nothing yet but am being hopeful. Good morning gentlemen and ladies.

I am also for August. Please what intake did u apply for?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by KrystalDesign: 8:30am On Sep 17, 2019
Freshprince777:

I am also for August. Please what intake did u apply for?

January 2020.. what about you and when did you apply.. Mean the date?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Freshprince777: 8:37am On Sep 17, 2019
KrystalDesign:

January 2020.. what about you and when did you apply.. Mean the date?

Okay. I applied on the 3rd of August for October intake. What about you?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by KrystalDesign: 8:42am On Sep 17, 2019
Freshprince777:

Okay. I applied on the 3rd of August for October intake. What about you?

9th August. Yours is close but in all I wish you all the best in your pursuit.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Freshprince777: 8:47am On Sep 17, 2019
KrystalDesign:

9th August. Yours is close but in all I wish you all the best in your pursuit.

Thanks bro
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Davvymavvy(f): 9:05am On Sep 17, 2019
Good morning

Good work in here.

Please, I need link to the part 1 and 2 of this educative thread.

Instead of disturbing with questions that must have been trashed in the past, I want to learn from the contributions.

I'll really appreciate if i could be directed appropriately.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by KrystalDesign: 9:19am On Sep 17, 2019
Freshprince777:

Thanks bro

You are welcomed. But i am a lady

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Nobody: 9:40am On Sep 17, 2019
Good day fellas, for about 3 weeks now i did biometrics together with my wife and immediately it reflected on our page that we had done it. However, while my biometric request was updated and submitted that of my wife is still showing 'your action is required' after she had done it 3 weeks ago. I sent mail via their webform and also mailed lagos and nairobi because i wouldn't know precisely the consular processing the application but nothing has been done concerning it. And as it is now, the application is already bn reviewed but because my wife's biometrics has not bn submitted hers hasn't bn worked on. Please gurus what can i do?
Also, how do i know the consular working on application? Is it in Lagos, kenya or Ghana. Yes lest i forget, i did online application.
Thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Zzzz1234: 9:50am On Sep 17, 2019
Thanks a lot, I understand now
tosindavies00:
People who apply through paper route mostly do their biometrics on the same day. If you intend to apply through paper route, you are required to pay cash at vfs. All you need need to do online on paper route is to download the imm forms, fill it using your computer and print out hard copies and gather all other supporting documents for submission at vfs, you can then link your paper application online after you submit through the paper means to enable track the progress of your application.

But if you intend applying online, you fill the imm forms and save the content, and then upload them alongside other required documents online and make payment via the use of your mastercard, and then you proceed to submit your application online. If you apply online, cic will notify you on when to come for biometrics and it can't be the same date as the day you submit online.

As per medicals, it is optional, you may chose to do it before cic requires you to do it, to hasten your application, this is called upfront medical and you can as well wait for cic to request for it before you go for it. quote author=Zzzz1234 post=82303379]I am a little confused about how the paper route works.
From post from people they state that they made an application, went for biometrics and then medicals

My confusion is : how do you make the application for paper route? Is it that you create an account on the cic website, make payment then go for biometrics? I saw a link on the cic website for making payment

Or

Do You apply, submit all documents and pay for the biometrics at Cvac at once when you go for biometrics?

Cos I’m seeing post where people are saying the did their application and biometrics on the same day.

I want to apply next week but I’m so confused if I’m to get to Lagos and I will make the application at cvac, submit all documents and do my biometrics ( I’m so far from Lagos)

“Please this is for paper route only”
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Zzzz1234: 10:15am On Sep 17, 2019
#long post alert#

Check
1)memorial university of Newfoundland
2)university of Alberta
3)university of Calgary
those are among the good and affordable universities I know but you need a good/ fair cgpa to get in. Getting a supervisor for Alberta and Calgary will increase your chances of being considered for admission.

University of Alberta ( CAD 10,000 per year)
https://www.ualberta.ca/computing-science/graduate-studies/programs-and-admissions/msc-program

University of Calgary( CAD 13,000 per year)
https://www.ucalgary.ca/future-students/graduate/explore-programs/computer-science-master-science-thesis-based

You can go on google and search for affordable schools for computer science in Canada.

The admission requirements for most of the schools are:
BSc transcript
BSc certificate
English proficiency exams
A good Statement of purpose
Any other certificate/ certification that will make you stand out
CV
Research topic/ interest
Referees from your undergraduate university or if you are working professional referees are accepted.

Those are what I can remember( check the link I above for the requirements)

For getting academic supervisors you need to contact them with a good reason as to why they should be your supervisor ( please don’t send a generic mail to all of them- make each mail specific to the professor and his research interest and how it relate to your interest, convince him/her to why you will be a good addition to his research group)

For getting funding I can’t really talk about that since I haven’t gotten one myself, but I know some research topics have guaranteed funding attached if you can get in

Hope my contribution helps.

MOE14:
Hi everyone, I’m grateful for this platform.
However I would be needing serious help.
I’m looking to apply for an MSc in computer science or it’s related field course based .
I want a really cheap school , that would encourage my parent to support. The thing is , I don’t know how to calculate the fees as I have come across some schools. If possible, also , get fundings that would help a whole lot
I also would like to be guided on how to apply and what documents I would be needing etc.
I know I’m not supposed to be spoon fed, but I honestly just need someone to guide me to avoid any mistake whatsoever .
I would appreciate.

Thanks in advance.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Zzzz1234: 10:23am On Sep 17, 2019
Kindly advice please :

Zzzz1234:
Please my sponsor ( my parent) is a director , her office has a letter headed paper and she intends to use the letter headed paper to write the letter of sponsorship.

Is this okay? ( please note she is not the owner of the organization, the organization is a government parastatal ).

Also can one write amounts on letter headed paper?because she intends to write about the fund she transferred for me for my studies and how it will be used.

Please a quick response will be highly appreciated. Thank you
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by deveid: 10:25am On Sep 17, 2019
Naijaforeigner:

Yes if your visa is still valid till September 2020. Your visa is just for entry and exit. Your study permit will be issued to you at POE and it will start from the day you arrive Canada. Just make sure your visa is still valid.

Assuming its valid till September 2020 and I go September 2020, it would expire at that September but the program is 2 years and which means it would have expired at the point of my end of program. How do I make that work considering you said it must be valid at the point of exit also.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by makano: 10:40am On Sep 17, 2019
You don't need to read from part 1 and 2, cos that was so many years ago and many things would have changed from those times till now.. So I will advise you read from Part 13 to this part, you can always get the links of previous parts on the first page of each part.. Good luck.. Peace
Davvymavvy:
Good morning

Good work in here.

Please, I need link to the part 1 and 2 of this educative thread.

Instead of disturbing with questions that must have been trashed in the past, I want to learn from the contributions.

I'll really appreciate if i could be directed appropriately.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by JustMellow: 10:41am On Sep 17, 2019
aivewobhor:
@Justmellow, please assist me with the location of the access diamond bank I could get CBN form A rate of 306 from please. I went to access diamond close to me, they said 358naira for a dollar. I urgently need your help please. I pm you, please check ur mail

@vestment post to your question is fact. Speak to your account officer. I believe the 358 isn't in CAD but in USD, which suppose to be cheaper than that.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Omonoba1981(f): 10:42am On Sep 17, 2019
I have a family friend, where student visa was rejected from London office. And we plan sending a mail to get something straight.

We have send mail like 5 times to LDNIMMIGRATION@international.gc.ca.Was wondering if there existing any other number where we can send a mail to?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by seamanic: 10:48am On Sep 17, 2019
frime16:
Hi everyone, I've got a bugging question to ask.
After your visa has been approved and you've taken your passport to the embassy, how long does it take to be called for pickup....
I've got a friend who got a student visa to canada and has submitted the int. passport for over 8 weeks now but is yet to be called for pickup, could there be any reason for this? Pls I need clarity.
Thanks.

I know of 3 weeks no update from CIC, don't know why?

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by 5454Darese: 10:52am On Sep 17, 2019
When did the person apply and when was the person denied? Try their webform although they never reply.hopefully if your inquiry is important they will reply you.
Omonoba1981:
I have a family friend, where student visa was rejected from London office. And we plan sending a mail to get something straight.

We have send mail like 5 times to LDNIMMIGRATION@international.gc.ca.Was wondering if there existing any other number where we can send a mail to?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by papijulah: 10:58am On Sep 17, 2019
Housemates, What do you advise a person who already has a diploma in Midwifery in Nigeria go for in Canada? Bsc in practical Nursing or an advance Diploma in Practical Nursing.

Anticipating your response
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by papijulah: 11:01am On Sep 17, 2019
JustMellow:

@vestment post to your question is fact. Speak to your account officer. I believe the 358 isn't in CAD but in USD, which suppose to be cheaper than that.

Gtbank will give you at 375.5. You can't get lesser than that. You must also have a current account with them.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by papijulah: 11:03am On Sep 17, 2019
Zzzz1234:
Kindly advice please :

Not Needed. I she's the one sponsoring you not the company she works with.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by makano: 11:39am On Sep 17, 2019
Guess they are doing serious secondary review on the important documents e.g Bank statement and land documents.. Hope he/she didnt submit any fake document, if not you have nothing to worry about. Peace
frime16:
Hi everyone, I've got a bugging question to ask.
After your visa has been approved and you've taken your passport to the embassy, how long does it take to be called for pickup....
I've got a friend who got a student visa to canada and has submitted the int. passport for over 8 weeks now but is yet to be called for pickup, could there be any reason for this? Pls I need clarity.
Thanks.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Nobody: 11:55am On Sep 17, 2019
Any updates August applicants?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Martinomi: 11:57am On Sep 17, 2019
deveid:

Assuming its valid till September 2020 and I go September 2020, it would expire at that September but the program is 2 years and which means it would have expired at the point of my end of program. How do I make that work considering you said it must be valid at the point of exit also.
You don't need your visa to stay in canada. Visa is for entering and leaving canada. It's your study permit you should be worried about. You can enter canada with your Visa in august since you said it will expire in september. Enter Canada in august and get your study permit. You can also apply for visa while in Canada when it expires if you need to travel out and to canada. Hope this helps.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by muyiwaakeredolu(m): 12:07pm On Sep 17, 2019
Hello house please is mun currently accepting students for winter 2020? And what other schools are really open to january admissions.Thanks.i don surf net tire
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Oyencoa: 12:24pm On Sep 17, 2019
Good day peeps am kinda new here ...and sincerely its quite interesting.... So my question is ....if there is any platform to enrol for a student visa in Canada that will be easy to access .basically to study and work in Canada. Please I need good orientation on it. Thanks.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by KrystalDesign: 12:36pm On Sep 17, 2019
Fabelurin1988:
Any updates August applicants?

Heard nothing from my end thou
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Nobody: 12:39pm On Sep 17, 2019
MOE14:
Hi everyone, I’m grateful for this platform.
However, I would be needing serious help.
I’m looking to apply for an MSc in computer science or it’s related field course-based.
I want a really cheap school, that would encourage my parent to support. The thing is, I don’t know how to calculate the fees as I have come across some schools. If possible, also, get fundings that would help a whole lot
I also would like to be guided on how to apply and what documents I would be needing etc.
I know I’m not supposed to be spoon-fed, but I honestly just need someone to guide me to avoid any mistake whatsoever.
I would appreciate.

Thanks in advance.

MSC is usually a 2 years program and after completion, you will get a 2 years PG-work permit,
One of the cheapest school in Canada for MSc in Computer science is MUN with a tuition fee for this program less than 3 million naira (this covers th entire program),
for rent and other fees you can download their living expenses from their website, rent in the campus is like 450 CAD per month etc,
For documents,
Get these documents but not limited to the following.
1. Passport
2. IELTS
3. Transcript and Certificate validated by WES
4. Admission letter
etc
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Zzzz1234: 12:46pm On Sep 17, 2019
the school i applied to didn’t request for Toefl or ielts results, do I need to submit English result to the embassy?

I took Toefl though and I have the unofficial copy of the result I downloaded from my result portal, can i submit the unofficial copy to the embassy?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Zzzz1234: 12:48pm On Sep 17, 2019
Thanks a lot
papijulah:

Not Needed. I she's the one sponsoring you not the company she works with.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Zzzz1234: 12:53pm On Sep 17, 2019
I think the certificate validation by WES depends on the university.

As at last year when I applied University of Regina required the certificate validation but MUN did not require it.

Please note: I attended a school that used a 4point grading system

You can check the requirements via the program site on the school website . if you get confused you can always email/ call the school

badboy92:

MSC is usually a 2 years program and after completion, you will get a 2 years PG-work permit,
One of the cheapest school in Canada for MSc in Computer science is MUN with a tuition fee for this program less than 3 million naira (this covers th entire program),
for rent and other fees you can download their living expenses from their website, rent in the campus is like 450 CAD per month etc,
For documents,
Get these documents but not limited to the following.
1. Passport
2. IELTS
3. Transcript and Certificate validated by WES
4. Admission letter
etc
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Nobody: 12:58pm On Sep 17, 2019
@KrystalDesign
After you do your biometrics like how long before it reflected on your page on CIC?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by KrystalDesign: 1:04pm On Sep 17, 2019
Fabelurin1988:
@KrystalDesign
After you do your biometrics like how long before it reflected on your page on CIC?

The next day after my biometrics.

(1) (2) (3) ... (310) (311) (312) (313) (314) (315) (316) ... (644)

UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 / Travelling To Canada Part 9

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.